Who here is sick of Lleyton Hewitt? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who here is sick of Lleyton Hewitt?

OZTENNIS
01-18-2007, 04:23 AM
I am sick to death of bloody lleyton hewitt. all he does is swear, swear, foot fault, lose and swear. He was just given a code violation for swearing for the second time in his second round match on Rod Laver Arena.

Who else agrees with me?

Marcus1979
01-18-2007, 04:31 AM
I don't mind swearing to be honest :o

adds some spice to tennis :lol: :devil:

rexman
01-18-2007, 04:32 AM
Someone wanna explain how Roddick and Maria get away with F-bombs but Hewitt gets a violation?

Allure
01-18-2007, 04:33 AM
I used to be a big fan but now I don't really care. I mean he doesn't annoy me but I don't really love him either. :shrug:

Sofyaxo
01-18-2007, 04:33 AM
:rolleyes: Lleyton hate thread, not Andy

I actually like him more now then I did back when he was a top player.

Marcus1979
01-18-2007, 04:35 AM
remember the way Andy spoke to umpire on day 1 :lol:
thats possibly worse than Lleyton.

Or the way Davedenko bagged the entire Sydney tournament

Auscon
01-18-2007, 04:35 AM
no, he's awesome

Deboogle!.
01-18-2007, 04:48 AM
There's a specific code violation for "audible obscenity" - Andy was catty to the ump but I don't believe swore at him. :shrug:

OZTENNIS
01-18-2007, 04:49 AM
Someone wanna explain how Roddick and Maria get away with F-bombs but Hewitt gets a violation?

Hewitt has said it twice in 1 and a half sets, and its not like its the first time. He thinks that hes so good that the foot faulting rule doesnt apply to him! :rolleyes:

rexman
01-18-2007, 04:57 AM
There's a specific code violation for "audible obscenity" - Andy was catty to the ump but I don't believe swore at him. :shrug:

Maybe, I'm confusing it with another match, however I know for sure Maria said "Are you fucking kidding me?" to the umpire when a let was called because a ball fell out of Pin's skirt.

scoobs
01-18-2007, 04:57 AM
If Hewitt retired tomorrow I'd have forgotten him by Saturday.

artlinkletter
01-18-2007, 04:59 AM
Sometimes I wish he would shut his trap once in a while but for the most part, I enjoy watching him play.

Deboogle!.
Maybe, I'm confusing it with another match, however I know for sure Maria said "Are you fucking kidding me?" to the umpire when a let was called because a ball fell out of Pin's skirt.Yes, that's true, she did, and it was very audible. Then again the next word out of her mouth was "I'm sorry... " so maybe they let it slide? I dunno, different ump :shrug:

Sofyaxo
Maybe, I'm confusing it with another match, however I know for sure Maria said "Are you fucking kidding me?" to the umpire when a let was called because a ball fell out of Pin's skirt.

She did you could hear it on the TV.

But she also gets away with on court coaching.

I really can't get started on that girl and her crazy dad.

OZTENNIS
01-18-2007, 05:00 AM

Yeah well we all no sharapova's the rudest, most selfish, overrated woman that ever walked on a tennis court

aussie12
01-18-2007, 05:04 AM
there are rules for maria and rules for everyone else, and yes hewitt is a tool. he only cares about one person and thats lleyton hewitt. the way he snobbed the kids the other night was the final straw for me. Im sick of these australian sportspeople winging about how its hard to live as an australian sports person and everyone is knocking them. its simple, be good at your sport and dont be a dickhead.

OZTENNIS
01-18-2007, 05:09 AM
there are rules for maria and rules for everyone else, and yes hewitt is a tool. he only cares about one person and thats lleyton hewitt. the way he snobbed the kids the other night was the final straw for me. Im sick of these australian sportspeople winging about how its hard to live as an australian sports person and everyone is knocking them. its simple, be good at your sport and dont be a dickhead.

here here! i'm glad to see that i'm not the only aussie who is annoyed by hewitt

Rogiman
01-18-2007, 05:10 AM

here here! i'm glad to see that i'm not the only aussie who is annoyed by hewitt

Xristos will be your cure.

Marcus1979
01-18-2007, 05:11 AM
I like him as a tennis player

as a person tho it depends :lol:

if that makes sense

remember all the crap about photos of his wedding or baby or something

and they sued some magazine over it :o

its not like Hewitt is poor :o

R.Federer
01-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Yes, that's true, she did, and it was very audible. Then again the next word out of her mouth was "I'm sorry... " so maybe they let it slide? I dunno, different ump :shrug:

Not different umpire, it's because it's Maria. President of the Dollar Funds for Tennis. They are not going to upset her! Come on, who here doesn't believe there are double standards or maybe even triple standards? They will fine the Davydenkos and the Nobodyenkos and keep away from the stars.

R.Federer
01-18-2007, 05:46 AM
I like Lleyton but the swearing has to be restrained, I mean there is a limit. I did not like what he did, allegedly, to best bumchum Roger Rasheed, swearing at him etc. Swearing at self is one thing, at others is really poor sportsmanship.

CmonAussie
01-18-2007, 05:52 AM
#
Lleyton feels no love~> especially from the Aussie media who jump on any thing he does & put a spin on the most minor of things to make him appear as some sort of "boogy man"...

Truth is that anyone who actually knows Lleyton never has a bad word to say about his character.. Even people who criticise him [his game style or court cases with the ATP etc.] or who have a falling out with him like Todd Woodbridge... still say that he`s fundamentally a good guy!!

# A lot of this litigation crap eminates from his dad~> maybe you should target him!!

As for Hewitt`s on court antics.. well not as bad as many other players who are fan favourites [Roddick, Sharapova, McEnroe of course, even Hingis has been worse]..

I think when Hewitt retires people will put things in perspective & realise he wasn`t nearly as bad as the press/ haters made him out to be..

CmonAussie
01-18-2007, 05:55 AM
I like Lleyton but the swearing has to be restrained, I mean there is a limit. I did not like what he did, allegedly, to best bumchum Roger Rasheed, swearing at him etc. Swearing at self is one thing, at others is really poor sportsmanship.

:wavey:
Roger Rasheed should have been more harsh with Lleyton from the outset.. because they were best mates it was difficult for Roger to have the regular coach/ player relationship:sad:

If Rasheed had told Lleyton from the beginning that "..don`t swear at me mate~ otherwise we`ll not be able to work effectively as a team".. Then they would have been a better combo me thinks;)

R.Federer
01-18-2007, 06:00 AM
Roger Rasheed should have been more harsh with Lleyton from the outset.. because they were best mates it was difficult for Roger to have the regular coach/ player relationship:sad:

If Rasheed had told Lleyton from the beginning that "..don`t swear at me mate~ otherwise we`ll not be able to work effectively as a team".. Then they would have been a better combo me thinks;)

All of Lleyton's friends have been picked from the pool of friends, so Roger wasn't special in this respect. I mean, if it was such a big mistake, why did he jump right back into that same strategy and pick Scott Draper?

There are some things that one should not have to ask for,e.g., "Don't treat me like a minion", "I am your coach, so don't ask me to perform cabaret for you" or whatever. Surely Roger does not have to say "Please don't verbally abuse me" because there are some things which are quite well understood.

Snowwy
01-18-2007, 06:00 AM
As a tennis player :)
As a person :(

celia
01-18-2007, 06:06 AM
sio what -- Hewitt should change his personality to make you faceless clowns happy? get a f**king life people.

Chloe le Bopper
01-18-2007, 06:11 AM
sio what -- Hewitt should change his personality to make you faceless clowns happy? get a f**king life people.
Something about pots and kettles would be appropriate here.

Hate threads about Aniston = awesome
Hate threads about Hewitt = OMGGETALIFE

Oh, okay.

Um, anyways. I used to find Hewitt rather obnoxious, but this has faded significantly, along with the likelihood of his winning major titles. This is probably not a coincidence.

celia
01-18-2007, 06:16 AM
Hewitt is a tennis player and therefore deserving of my respect.

feel free to stalk me in non-tennis. we can discuss Maniston's chin and your child-bearing hips to your heart's content there.

Chloe le Bopper
01-18-2007, 06:24 AM
Hewitt is a tennis player and therefore deserving of my respect.

feel free to stalk me in non-tennis. we can discuss Maniston's chin and your child-bearing hips to your heart's content there.
Stalk you in NT, eh? Yeah, I'll get right on that, along with all that other posting that I've been doing in NT lately.

Chloe le Bopper
01-18-2007, 06:24 AM
:haha: That's exactly how I feel - I used to not like him, but it's hard to be annoyed by a guy when he's not winning anything, and if anything I've felt sorry for him for the longest time. Probably since he got double bageled in that USO final. :tape:
Yeah, somehow Hewitt has never been as annoying since the day he got his ass handed to him in a grand slam final. Somehow that made up for all the times that he beat up on people that I liked. :angel:

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-18-2007, 06:25 AM
Hewitt... I'm sick of him. Ever since the relationship ended with Kim... b/c I like women's tennis better. I went to a men's tournament just to watch her watch him one year. That's how much I love her. So when they broke off, being the Kim stalker I am, I just have been so bitter towards him! Nevermind that for all I know she cheated on him with his best friend or something. But whatever. What's really sad is that he's always been one of my fave players for so long, that I am in huge denial that I simply don't like him as much as I used to. But I guess that's not sad anymore since I just admitted that--therapeutic.

CmonAussie
01-18-2007, 06:30 AM
Hewitt... I'm sick of him. Ever since the relationship ended with Kim... b/c I like women's tennis better. I went to a men's tournament just to watch her watch him one year. That's how much I love her. So when they broke off, being the Kim stalker I am, I just have been so bitter towards him! Nevermind that for all I know she cheated on him with his best friend or something. But whatever. What's really sad is that he's always been one of my fave players for so long, that I am in huge denial that I simply don't like him as much as I used to. But I guess that's not sad anymore since I just admitted that--therapeutic.

Both Lleyton & Kim have moved on~ so maybe it`s time for us to too;)

The problem with those two is that it just wasn`t meant to be~> especially in Hewitt`s case Clijsters was his 1st every girlfriend [Rocky never got much attention growing up:sad: ]...

Hewitt had pure intentions to get married with Kim... yet the gods were against them><... Clijsters realised Lleyton`s parents were too involved in his life & therefore her life [if they had ended up getting married];)

It`s rather sad to hear that Kim still plans to retire at the end of this year.. despite the fact that she could still be a contender for #1 for the next few years:confused:

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Both Lleyton & Kim have moved on~ so maybe it`s time for us to too;)

Trust me... I tried. I went to church. I hired a therapist. I even took medication to help me with the depression. But I just can't shake it

Chloe le Bopper
01-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Have you tried masturbation?

KaxMisha
01-18-2007, 07:24 AM

:haha:

P.S. As Clijsters and masturbation are mentioned together - let me just point out that anyone, irrespective of sex, who can masturbate while thinking of Clijsters is superhuman!

Morgan Z
01-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Great player with the heart of a lion. Go and watch chess if you are so shocked by swearing.....

Loremaster
01-18-2007, 08:13 AM
OH Lleyton is back for good I see.

Naide
01-18-2007, 08:17 AM
i like him and would like to see him as good as before

CmonAussie
01-18-2007, 08:29 AM

P.S. As Clijsters and masturbation are mentioned together - let me just point out that anyone, irrespective of sex, who can masturbate while thinking of Clijsters is superhuman!

:eek:
Well you make a valid point perhaps...

But Clijsters isn`t that bad~> seriously she`s got a nice pair of knockers & those hips are rather feminine unlike some of the skinnier girls;)

Mind you Kim does resemble that love interet of Shrek`s:p

charlie666
01-18-2007, 08:39 AM
:retard:

Ernham
01-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Strange post. Can hardly be sick of a player I rarely ever see play and more rarely yet ever hear anyone even bother to mention any more.

ae wowww
01-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Nope, not me.

oz_boz
01-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah well we all no sharapova's the rudest, most selfish, overrated woman that ever walked on a tennis court

:lol:

Serena takes the prize anytime. "I've never lost to a better opponent, I always beat myself"

Burrow
01-18-2007, 11:57 AM
not sick of him, sick of nadal.

Burrow
01-18-2007, 11:57 AM

ok stevie wonder.

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-18-2007, 05:03 PM

I have tried masturbation... it never did anything for me... so I know it wouldn't help in this situation... but I'm still open to suggestions

tangerine_dream
01-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Hewitt and Roddick make MTF go 'round and 'round :tennis:

martinatreue
01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
I voted "i don't really care" because I don't feel either extreme way about him but I think people rag on him too much and give him a hard time. he always seems gracious in victory or defeat when greeting his opponents at the net and seems nice in interviews.

Hrastar
01-18-2007, 06:52 PM
I can't stand Lleyton...he wins "THE BIGGEST JERK ON TOUR" award :devil:

Naranoc
01-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Wow, the majority think he's awesome??
Where do all these Hewitt fans hide? :p

Joyce_23
01-18-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't really care a whole lot about him. He never bothered me but I never loved him either. I actually kinda like him in every interview I ever saw with him when he was not on the court. *hides*
Lately I feel kinda sorry for him and I have to say that I do love his fighting spirit on court. He just never gives up and I respect that.

jeahhh!
01-18-2007, 08:12 PM
I like Hewitt sure sometime he's a major tool but thats what makes him fun to watch

Loremaster
01-18-2007, 08:27 PM
I think some Gonzo fans are missing something , Hewitt is GS monster, last year in his worst year he made QF of Wimby and USOpen and round of 16 at FO, and Gonzalez at his best hasn't had results anywhere near this.

OZTENNIS
01-18-2007, 10:06 PM
i'm surprised to see more people have voted IN FAVOUR of Hewitt than AGAINST?!!

scarecrows
01-18-2007, 10:14 PM
He proudly tops my list of most hated players :yeah:

Andre'sNo1Fan
01-18-2007, 10:15 PM
i'm surprised to see more people have voted IN FAVOUR of Hewitt than AGAINST?!!
Why? Hewitt is a great competitor, with an amazing heart and you never know when he's beaten. Plus he adds an interest in intensity on the court and hasn't been around for a while.

I'm not sick of him at all, in fact I'm glad to see him playing again.

zine56
01-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I think some Gonzo fans are missing something , Hewitt is GS monster, last year in his worst year he made QF of Wimby and USOpen and round of 16 at FO, and Gonzalez at his best hasn't had results anywhere near this.

what gonzo has to do with the question of this thread?? :retard:

and what makes u think all the people here are Gonzo-fans? i've never seen this people before in the Gonzo's forum :retard:

Conita
01-18-2007, 10:41 PM
ahh Hewitt brings spice to the game!
it makes it more interesting and intense,
and to be fair most players have said that on court hewitt acts like an ass but on person he's a much nicer guy.
and as far as tennis goes he fights every point, and he's hungry to win and that's what makes him most appealing

The Gucci one
01-18-2007, 11:35 PM
I like him as a tennis player

as a person tho it depends :lol:

if that makes sense

remember all the crap about photos of his wedding or baby or something

and they sued some magazine over it :o

its not like Hewitt is poor :o

Maybe it was about principle and not money?

Chloe le Bopper
01-19-2007, 03:40 AM
I have tried masturbation... it never did anything for me... so I know it wouldn't help in this situation... but I'm still open to suggestions
Vibrator?

zethand
01-19-2007, 03:54 AM
he is such a bitter person... that´s why he acts like that.. He is not happy with his poor life. Sometimes I feel sorry for him.. others I just hate him.. but most of the time... I ignore him.

Socket
01-19-2007, 04:02 AM
<------------------
<------------------
<------------------
<------------------

Yeah, he looks utterly miserable. :haha:

celia
01-19-2007, 04:08 AM
<------------------
<------------------
<------------------
<------------------

Yeah, he looks utterly miserable. :haha:

awesome avatar!!!

you tell 'em :)

Mistaflava
01-19-2007, 05:16 AM
I am sick to death of bloody lleyton hewitt. all he does is swear, swear, foot fault, lose and swear. He was just given a code violation for swearing for the second time in his second round match on Rod Laver Arena.

Who else agrees with me?

Oh shut up! This is another of the most idiotic threads I have seen in a long time on MTF. Roddick, Hewitt and all the other guys who swear and make things interesting are the only reason you are watching tennis on TV right now.

Just grow a set of balls and stop the dumbass comments. Like it or not, these guys are the reason the sport is still alive. Who the hell wants to watch Roger Federer and his boring as hell matches anyways?

jeahhh!
01-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Oh shut up! This is another of the most idiotic threads I have seen in a long time on MTF. Roddick, Hewitt and all the other guys who swear and make things interesting are the only reason you are watching tennis on TV right now.

Just grow a set of balls and stop the dumbass comments. Like it or not, these guys are the reason the sport is still alive. Who the hell wants to watch Roger Federer and his boring as hell matches anyways?

:worship: I think I love you

scoobs
01-19-2007, 05:46 AM

Don't make me laugh.

I'm not interested really in Hewitt at all and whether he's liked or not or what he says or does. There are many reasons why this sport is still alive but Lleyton Hewitt is very little do with any of them.

Allure
01-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Please! I hear that when the sport collapsed from a heart attack, Le Lleyton saved it with a healing magic fueled by his overflowing love of the universe. :hearts: And on the seventh day, he rested. :bowdown:

:worship: Lleyton the Messiah.

Ferrero Forever
01-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Omg, I was sick of Hewitt the first time I watched him play. However I never get sick of him losing (which will happen tomorrow when he takes on Gonzo)

Ceri
01-19-2007, 11:16 AM
He's no worse than many a player in that department and has added spice to tennis for many years...as a fan, no, I'm not sick of him. Maybe he's given more to the game than he's gotten back but that's not his fault. Like Nadal, Andy R etc, if he wasn't playing in the Federer era he'd have more than two singles slams to his name. That's not to start a moaning thread btw, just to indicate that to keep up with Federer and having such an amazing record in reaching slam finals and semis until last year or so, he's been doing something right.

shotgun
01-19-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm not a fan, but I have to say Lleyton is good for the game.

Socket
01-19-2007, 06:07 PM
:worship: Lleyton the Messiah.

Maybe I should change my title to Senior Hewitt Apostle. :angel:

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Vibrator?

Never tried. You?

GlennMirnyi
01-20-2007, 06:45 PM

Yeah, Mistahezbollah knows it all.

Tennis doesn't need the Nadals, Hewitts, Roddicks, Murrays. Has never had, never will.

Andre'sNo1Fan
01-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Tennis doesn't need the Nadals, Hewitts, Roddicks, Murrays. Has never had, never will.

No, it need the Max Mirnyi's :lol:

€Stah
01-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Let the poor man be, he is getting owned week in week out, it's not funny. He was one great player in the early 00's, he still is the same, this shows how much Tennis has improved.

Damita
01-20-2007, 09:45 PM
"And they shall go amongst the people, spreading His teachings. Amen. Come on!" :D

:haha: can't rep you :sobbing:

GlennMirnyi
01-21-2007, 10:08 AM
No, it need the Max Mirnyi's :lol:

TMC champion, joker.

FEDisKING
01-21-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm not sick of him at all. I first started watching tennis in 2003 and it was the Aussie Open so he was the first I watched and I liked him but the whole "come on!" got so annoying and he did it all the time. But now hes had a short break and has calmed down and playing well I like him more and hes more respectable.

Hes not my favourtie but up there I like a good Hewitt game