Ferrero still doesn't know if he'll play in Miami [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ferrero still doesn't know if he'll play in Miami

Billabong
03-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Ferrero still does not know if he will be able to play in Miami
17/03/2004 to 14h14

Valence (Spain) - the Spaniard Juan Carlos Ferrero, number 2 of the world, disembarked in Valence, Spain, this Tuesday. The tennis player came back to his country to rest and to finish the recovery after an unexpected chicken pox that made him give up the Masters Series of Indian Wells, last week.

Ferrero did not say whether he will play the Masters Series of Miami, next week, but guaranteed that he will make the maximum effort not to miss another important tournament. To know if he will be able to come back to U.S.A., he will pass fsome examinations in the next days to know his real physical conditions.

Although not to have certainty of his future, the tennis player tried to tranquilize his fans when guaranteeing that already he is well better compared to the last week. "Still I have wounded in the body, but this is normal of the chicken pox. And also already I do not have more fever and this leaves me sufficiently optimistical ", guaranteed Ferrero in the arrival to the airport.

Who certainly was more alliviated was captain of Spain in the Pantry Davis, Jordi Arrese. "Ferrero will be ready for the fourth-of-end against Holland of (Martin) Verkerk", said the captain. The duel between Spaniard and dutches happens between days 9 and 11 of April, in the city of Palm of Mallorca.

I hope he'll be ready:)! GO JCF:D!!!

Deboogle!.
03-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Well I hope he doesn't push it. His absence would surely be a loss, but he might be better off just getting stronger and stronger at home and just preparing for DC and the clay season

Space Cowgirl
03-19-2004, 03:20 PM
the tennis player tried to tranquilize his fans __________________________________
:haha:

Kiara
03-19-2004, 03:24 PM
the tennis player tried to tranquilize his fans __________________________________

lmao, and Jordi is the captain for the Pantry Davis ;)

Billabong
03-19-2004, 03:37 PM
lol sorry for translation, I used BabelFish;)!

Leo
03-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Oh, I love "optimistical" :lol:

And I never knew Holland belonged to Verkerk! :eek:

But what is the "fourth-of-end"?

I'm having fun with this article. :D

But to the actual topic, I hope Ferrero gets well soon. It'd be nice for me if he played Miami (I'm tired of hearing only about Federer, Roddick, and Agassi), but it might be best if he didn't even bother coming and just made sure to recover fully in Spain.

Kiara
03-19-2004, 04:12 PM

But to the actual topic, I hope Ferrero gets well soon. It'd be nice for me if he played Miami (I'm tired of hearing only about Federer, Roddick, and Agassi), but it might be best if he didn't even bother coming and just made sure to recover fully in Spain.

"Optimistical" sounds like something JC would say, another Ferreroism like "tennistically" or "base of the line" ;)

and the "fouth-of-end"..aka "quarterfinals" ?

Leo
03-19-2004, 04:13 PM
"Optimistical" sounds like something JC would say, another Ferreroism like "tennistically" or "base of the line" ;)

and the "fouth-of-end"..aka "quarterfinals" ?

And don't forget "pression" :lol:

Oh yes, quarterfinals.

Kiara
03-19-2004, 04:18 PM
:lol: "pression"

Nalbandian says "pression" too e.g. "I think Tim did play very good. He put me very, very much pression on my game, on my serve. And I think he play really good."

although "base of the line" is Ferrero's own creation :rolls: bless.

Kiara
03-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I wonder if they say it with a french accent ;)

tangerine_dream
03-19-2004, 05:17 PM
:haha: funny article. :yeah:

But poor Juanqui. :sad: Maybe he should sit out Miami and just wait for clay season to start. He needs to get strong(er).

plum_juice10
03-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes...get well soon JC...chicken pox is not very nice to get, esp wen ur an adult (im sure u all kno). I wonder where/who he caught it from??

Iza
03-19-2004, 07:34 PM
and then his body will be weaker after the fever and itchy stuff go away. :eek: i know it sound freaky but that's what my mum told me (she knows better than me cos i'm not YET an full-grown adult and i've never had chicken pox).

Chloe le Bopper
03-19-2004, 07:38 PM

You'll hear only about those three even if Ferrero is around making it further in a slam than at least one of them... :)

As for him coming back... if he's not 100%, I'd rather not see him until Valencia. This may be a blessing in disguise.

sigmagirl91
03-19-2004, 08:02 PM
"I have wounded in the body". Now just WHAT happened, did poor Juanqui get shot? LOL j/k....

*Ljubica*
03-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Get well soon Juanqui - we miss you :)

Havok
03-19-2004, 08:11 PM
poor Ferrero :hug: I hope he doesn't pull a Clisjsters and think of fucking up the Miami draw by entering and eventually pulling out :retard:

Chloe le Bopper
03-20-2004, 01:14 PM
poor Ferrero :hug: I hope he doesn't pull a Clisjsters and think of fucking up the Miami draw by entering and eventually pulling out :retard:
:devil:

lzhaol
03-22-2004, 03:25 PM
So... is he still playing??

joske
03-22-2004, 03:36 PM
I wish he wouldn't have so many problems... I want him to play (and win occasionally :) ) !!!! :(

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 03:52 PM
No he has officially withdrawn.

Leo
03-22-2004, 05:35 PM

I hate that. :fiery:

Scotso
03-22-2004, 05:41 PM
Juan Carlos :sad:

Misses a lot of points. Good luck in the clay season!

Leo
03-22-2004, 05:42 PM
No he has officially withdrawn.

Did you find an article or something?

Oh well, now he's just got to rest up for the clay season.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Yes, at Tennis Week and also one of the Miami Area papers. Plus he is off the tournament's official entry list and that's at the tourney website. PLUS, PMac said so yesterday during the IW final.

I'd say 4 places is enough to call it official, unfortunately for Juan Carlos.

plum_juice10
03-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Just to say that I hope that he gets better all ready for the tourney in Valencia! Lucky hes there already, at home resting an' all, so he doesnt really hav to travel far!

MisterQ
03-22-2004, 07:11 PM
I hate viruses!

Come back soon, JCF, and don't give the pox to anyone else. ;)

Snoopy_Girl
03-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Poor JC :sad: , but it is better to withdraw than to play and lose in the first round...

Come back soon, Juanqui! :( :wavey:

Billabong
03-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Get well soon JC:sad:!

Leo
03-23-2004, 12:19 AM
Yes, at Tennis Week and also one of the Miami Area papers. Plus he is off the tournament's official entry list and that's at the tourney website. PLUS, PMac said so yesterday during the IW final.

I'd say 4 places is enough to call it official, unfortunately for Juan Carlos.

Thanks for the update. :)

Leo
03-23-2004, 12:21 AM
Btw, does anyone happen to know Ferrero's clay schedule? My guess would be the same as last year's:

Monte Carlo
Barcelona
Valencia
Roma
and possibly Hamburg depending on how his body feels

Although I wouldn't be surprised if he went crazy and added on Estoril. :rolleyes:

sigmagirl91
03-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Get well soon, Juanqui....

Action Jackson
03-23-2004, 01:38 AM
Btw, does anyone happen to know Ferrero's clay schedule? My guess would be the same as last year's:

Monte Carlo
Barcelona
Valencia
Roma
and possibly Hamburg depending on how his body feels

Although I wouldn't be surprised if he went crazy and added on Estoril. :rolleyes:

Not possible as Estoril and Valencia are in the same week.

That will be his schedule
Valencia
Monte Carlo
Barcelona
Roma
World Team Cup

Lisbeth
03-23-2004, 01:48 AM
I hope he feels better soon but does not come back till he's ready. Hewitt nearly destroyed his whole immune system coming back too early from the same illness. It's quite serious in adults.

star
03-23-2004, 01:58 AM

I thought Conchita was the only player who tried that. :)

TennisLurker
03-23-2004, 02:01 AM
Conchita is relaxing.

Action Jackson
03-23-2004, 02:05 AM
Conchita is relaxing.

Soothing even, but even with chickenpox Ferrero would still find a way to beat Mantilla.

Lurker, I updated some pics on the Armada thread about Felix.

tangerine_dream
03-23-2004, 02:19 AM
I'm glad Juanqui is sitting out Miami. He seems like such a fragile creature, I'd rather he take all the time he needs to gather his strength for the claycourt season. He has a slam to defend. :)

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 02:36 AM

Valencia
Monte Carlo
Barcelona
Roma
World Team Cup
Ferrero is playing World Team Cup? :o

I don't think he's ever done that before :confused:

Action Jackson
03-23-2004, 02:40 AM
Ferrero is playing World Team Cup? :o

I don't think he's ever done that before :confused:

Nah, that was my mistake it would be either that or Hamburg if he feels that he would need more practice, but I think those 4 tournaments would be enough.

Then again with Ferrero one never knows his schedule.

Leo
03-23-2004, 05:20 AM

Valencia
Monte Carlo
Barcelona
Roma
World Team Cup

Oh, Valencia has been moved this year. Probably because of the Olympics. It's a better timing and should be a good lead up for his Monte Carlo defense.

Is he really committed to the WTC? That seems strange, since he's never played there before no has he expressed wishes to eventually do so. I'd much rather see him give Hamburg a go. If he wins Hamburg, he'll have the 4 biggest clay tournaments to his name.

Leo
03-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Nah, that was my mistake it would be either that or Hamburg if he feels that he would need more practice, but I think those 4 tournaments would be enough.

Then again with Ferrero one never knows his schedule.

Ooops, I missed this post. Thanks for the clarification. Although you're right, there is no clarity with Ferrero's schedule. Only confusion and, frequently, stupidity.

safinagirly
03-23-2004, 01:28 PM
i read somewhere that it's sure that juanqui won't be in miami cos' he still ill im so sadddddddddddddddd

Deboogle!.
03-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Does Juan Carlos not have an official site somewhere that has a confirmed schedule? :confused: that stinks!