Nalbandian-Lapentti [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nalbandian-Lapentti

El-Mosquito
01-17-2007, 06:13 PM
5 years ago Bandy ruined Lapenttis dreams when knocking him out of the quarter final of Wimbledon, but now Lapentti has the chance to get some revenge in a Slam, and I have a funny feeling this will be the case.

Bandy carrying an injury? Exhausted from his 5 setter in 40+ degrees? Outplayed by Tipsarevic which shows hes definetley not playing well.

Who will win this? opinions please

Deathless Mortal
01-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Nalby.

Burrow
01-17-2007, 06:22 PM
i think your not giving enough credit to tipsarevic, the guy can play. I hope he will get hammered by lapentti. as an admirer of lapentti and hater of nalbandian.

Deathless Mortal
01-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I would like Lapentti to win the match too, but I'm sure it's not gonna happen tomorrow.

shotgun
01-17-2007, 06:38 PM
I honestly don't see the upset happening, even though Lapentti defeated him in an exho in Buenos Aires one month ago.

It will be interesting if it goes to a fifth set though, if I'm not wrong Nico has a very good record in five-setters.

+alonso
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
It depends on David's knee, If He doesn't have too much problems, I'd say he wins easily.

GlennMirnyi
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Lapentti doesn't have the exact power game to take Nalbandian in good form. If fat Dave's tired, then it's another scene...

+alonso
01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Well, Lapentti has the stamina to play under heat/high altitude/etc conditions.

Viken01
01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
it depends on nalbandian's injury. If it doesn't affect him, no way he's gonna loose, but in the other case... :o

El-Mosquito
01-17-2007, 06:55 PM
I honestly dont see how anyone can be so confident of a Bandy win like some of you are. Lapentti is no mug, can be a real threat. Bandy has looked average at best the last couple of tournaments and really is lucky to still be in this competition.

Hoping the sun blasts down on Melbourne as that will suit Nicolas big time.

Carlita
01-17-2007, 06:56 PM
VAMOS NICO! :bounce:

:armed: Nico can if Nico wants :armed:;)

Galathea
01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
With Nalbo in his 70% or less wins Nalbandian without a doubt, more in Australia that it's a good surfacr for him

In this case, I don't know. While Nalbandian showed a lot of guts and great quality in terms ofsome hits against Tipsarevic, he wasn't running because of his knee. Not even at the beggining and then it went worst except in some balls (two or three) and you could see that he was in pain and trying to not show it too much to not give advantage.

The last "real" important match of them was in Wimbledon. The past month, before the exhibition, David was on a party the afternoon before. So, don't count that.

I didn't see Lapenti's match, so I can't have an opinion.

I'd say David, but I don't have too much hope about it. Only if he can dominate the match since the beggining without moving. If not, I think his injury will put him out of AO.
But with Nalbo you never know, this guy is Highlander when he wants to. And this is a GS.

Yappa
01-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Come on, Lapentti! (For Tommys sake :D )

jazar
01-17-2007, 08:42 PM
lapentti had such an easy match compared to dave.
i'm not sure lapentti can win, but he can certainly give dave another 5 set match and wear him down for round 3

Fergie
01-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I have faith in Nico today, vamos! :rocker2:

chabela
01-17-2007, 11:19 PM
I have faith in Nico today, vamos! :rocker2:

Fergie against David, it's not possible!!!! :rolls:

Dale DAVID!!!! :bounce:

Joyce_23
01-17-2007, 11:41 PM
It all depends on Nalby's injury. Lapentti could easily win in a couple of hours but I don't believe that he could take out a David who is injury free. Nalbandian has not played great these last weeks but normally that is not an indicator for the way he plays at a Slam where he raises his game. I just don't think his knee injury allows him to do that in this tournament, which gives Lapentti a more then decent chance to win since the guy does know how to play tennis.

takuma
01-18-2007, 03:17 AM
:armed: Nico can if Nico wants :armed:;)
:lol:Hope Nico wants.