*%~_~%*..DJOKOVIC `Nole` has great momentum~> perhaps on the verge of 1st SLAM.!?!? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

*%~_~%*..DJOKOVIC `Nole` has great momentum~> perhaps on the verge of 1st SLAM.!?!?

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 04:23 AM
:wavey: :cool:

Howdy Folks;)

Just my humble opinion but it seems to me that Novak Djokovic really has tremendous talent & currently great momentum... & an air about him which says `I`m about to win something big~ so watch out boys`:devil:

Supposing Federer were to stumble here [actually I`d be happy for him to win his 10th Slam in AUS:cool: ] then Djokovic seems like an obvious candidate as next in line in terms of favouritism;) ..

Of course Federer & Djokovic are looking very likely to meet in a 4th round encounter which may well end up determining the overall winner:angel:

Consider this about Djokovic:
* Has the attitude of a winner:devil:
# Won 3-titles in 6-months [on three different surfaces]:worship:
* Won his 1st two matches at AO this year in very commanding fashion!
# Made the QFs at the FO last year at age 18-years:cool:
* Every now & then a teenager takes everybody by surprise [a la Sampras 1990, Nadal 2005] & wins a Slam before their fans/media consider them ready:p
# Experience is important for winning tough matches & handling pressure but only if that experience is at winning, experience at losing breeds a loss of confidence, Djokovic hasn`t had any really bad losses in his career yet & so his youth & naivety may actually be his greatest strength;) .. People will fear him because his young & on the rise & still somewhat of an unknown quantity... everyone know`s he`s going to be good we`re just not sure how good:devil: !!!

All I`m saying is don`t be surprised if Nole is the guy holding up the trophy 12-days from now;) .. [Of course Federer is stil the favourite & players like Roddick, Nadal, Blake also have srong chances:cool: ]...

gomarray
01-17-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm looking ahead to that 4th round match as a big one. Djokovic seems to really believe in himself, and I don't think he will be intimidated. Federer will be the favourite as always, but I consider this match to be the most dangerous for him.

Merton
01-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Even if Roger does not shift his gear I think that it is too early for Djokovic to win here. It could be a very interesting match though, provided they both get through.

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 05:12 AM
I'm looking ahead to that 4th round match as a big one. Djokovic seems to really believe in himself, and I don't think he will be intimidated. Federer will be the favourite as always, but I consider this match to be the most dangerous for him.

:wavey:
Exactly what I`m talking about;) :cool:

Yeah if Federer is able to win this looming 4th Round encounter with Djokovic then I expect Rogi to go all the way again;)

Federer often has his most difficult matches in the 4th Round/QF of slams~> for instance consider his 4th Round clash against Tommy Haas last year that went to 5-sets;) .. I consider this to be Fed`s mid-slam blues:sad: , where he still knows there`s a long way to go to win yet he wants it over & done with [gets impatient:eek: ]..

#Again as you said Nole believes in himself [the naivety of youth] & he`s undefeated this year, so don`t expect him to be intimidated:cool:

R.Federer
01-17-2007, 05:19 AM
He is playing exceedingly well, although he was no slouch when they met last year either and he still lost "comfortably", so I'm quite unsure of what to expect should they meet in R4.

Allez
01-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Nole is playing incredibly well and he will remember Rogi's comments last year re him faking injuries and all. He's a very ambitious young chap and that 4th round is going to be awesome. I hope Rogi can put him in his place, but I sure am looking forward to it. Someone said Roger had an easy draw :rolleyes:

Peacemaster
01-17-2007, 05:33 AM
2006 SUI v. SCG WG PO Switzerland Hard RR Federer def. Djokovic 6-3 6-2 6-3. Jonas took just one game less off Roger today.

He's a very good player. But he doesn't match up well with Roger.

GlennMirnyi
01-17-2007, 05:40 AM
When I read the title I thought Just Cause was here again...

silverwhite
01-17-2007, 05:42 AM
2006 SUI v. SCG WG PO Switzerland Hard RR Federer def. Djokovic 6-3 6-2 6-3. Jonas took just one game less off Roger today.

Right. And they didn't play each other in Monte-Carlo.

MariaV
01-17-2007, 05:43 AM
:haha: :haha: Nice try

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 05:43 AM

Okie dokies Federer & Djokovic played one match:cool: ~~>> that was last year & this is 2007, Nole has already won a title this year & Rebound Ace seems to suit his game;) .. Federer has the added pressure because he`s expected to win every Slam he enters, especially here at the AO there is added pressure because people think he can wint THE SLAM, so if he begins the year with a loss then the dream of a perfect season & topping his performances or even matching them, disappears in an instant [one poor performance is all it would take]:eek:

Djokovic just seems different from the other New New Balls: of course Nadal has already proven himself, but of the guys under 20yrs this Nole character really stands out [also a bit of arrogance/confidence which is crucial to survive at the top of the sport].

If Nole doesn`t win AO then I would still give him a good chance at winning either FO or USO this year;)

nobama
01-17-2007, 05:44 AM
How does winning 2 matches = on the verge of 1st slam? :confused: And why not a thread for Murray? He's won his first two matches quite easily as well....and he's not on Fed's side of the draw.

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 05:46 AM
When I read the title I thought Just Cause was here again...

Please don`t classify my thread in that manner:eek:

You may be laughing at me now, but if Nole wins a SLAM in the next 18-months you could say I was close to the mark:p

Saumon
01-17-2007, 05:48 AM
what does "*%~_~%*.." mean? it's too make GM look "prettier"? :confused:

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 05:49 AM
How does winning 2 matches = on the verge of 1st slam? :confused: And why not a thread for Murray? He's won his first two matches quite easily as well....and he's not on Fed's side of the draw.

Don`t you think it`s impressive for Djokovic to win 3-titles on 3-different surfaces within the last 6-months;) :confused:

Murray is obviously also very talented but he`s been hyped a bit longer than Djokovic yet the young Scot only has 1-title to his name so far:p

Nole`s attitude just stands out as different:devil: .. Before Murray took on Gilbert a lot of his body language & post match interviews seemed very defeatest:o

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 05:51 AM
what does "*%~_~%*.." mean? it's too make GM look "prettier"? :confused:

Am I wrong:confused:
... I shot the sheriff:confused:
Can`t we show some sort of individuality around here:p

Peacemaster
01-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Okie dokies Federer & Djokovic played one match:cool: ~~>> that was last year & this is 2007

Thank you for letting me know that this is 2007. I was signing my cheques wrong all this time!

The turning over of the calendar doesn't induce some sort of magical transformation in players. The DC match was in the last week of September. It's been about 15 weeks since then. Seems short, doesn't it?

R.Federer
01-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Murray is obviously also very talented but he`s been hyped a bit longer than Djokovic yet the young Scot only has 1-title to his name so far:p

Nole`s attitude just stands out as different:devil: .. Before Murray took on Gilbert a lot of his body language & post match interviews seemed very defeatest:o

Oh you are mistaken to think that Murray is not as good as Nole. Murray has had great scalps -- Federer, Hewitt, Roddick (on grass at that). They are two different players but neither is far from the other.

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Oh you are mistaken to think that Murray is not as good as Nole. Murray has had great scalps -- Federer, Hewitt, Roddick (on grass at that). They are two different players but neither is far from the other.

Okie dokies we can agree to disagree [slightly];)
BTW i expect both Nole & Andy to be Top-10 by the end of 2007;)
Murray is obviously going to be good [he`s already good]:cool:
Djokovic has the aura of a champion:angel:

Allez
01-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Yup I agree. Nole has that extra something. The aura of a future champ as you call it.:worship:

R.Federer
01-17-2007, 06:17 AM
I like your $$%%% stuff, I immediately know who is posting.

Leo
01-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Way too early for Novak, but he's improving and it's great!

Allez
01-17-2007, 06:29 AM
I agree! I like that stuff as well. It stands out and you know who it is straightaway ;)

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Allez~OoO~
& R.Federer)``(

<:)
Thanks for the vote of confidence... now I`ll surely keep up this~~#$%|*+`?>''&)<.!""頑張っています!。。Jargon^^*.

FSRteam
01-17-2007, 07:14 AM

Not first 2, only 1 so far!

Anyway, I pretty much agree that nole is different from the other young guys. I think he's attitude is more champion-like, à la nadal!

I actually expect him to take over fed in 2-3 years from now. We'll see...

So far, in this ausopen, if he can pull out an upset by beating fed, he has a great chance to win the title.

I think fed-nole's putative meeting would be amazing and fed may have a hard time to get through! First he has to beat youhzny though.

That's why I had already started this thread on the 15th: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=93773&highlight=djoko

As for the DC match last september, nole had big pressure because he was the last hope of his team mates and country, he was not "only" playing for himself. Plus he was playing aginst fed and fed's homecrowd!!! We can also see djoko has apparently had a great winter preparation.

As for a roland garros win this year I highly doubt nole could do it, it is too demanding so too early for him now!!!

RonE
01-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Okie dokies Federer & Djokovic played one match:cool:

Two matches actually: Monte Carlo and in Davis Cup.

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Two matches actually: Monte Carlo and in Davis Cup.

Yeah:cool:
And Djokovic took a set of Federer in that Monte Carlo match~> if anything that reinforces my point;)

bad gambler
01-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Not now and not at the Aussie Open

Jaap
01-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Don`t you think it`s impressive for Djokovic to win 3-titles on 3-different surfaces within the last 6-months;) :confused:

To be fair Djokovic's titles have been mickey mouse titles. At grand slams and TMS he hasn't done much to warrant being such a favourite here.

Federer will rip him a new one like he has done in previous meetings.

Jaap
01-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah:cool:
And Djokovic took a set of Federer in that Monte Carlo match~> if anything that reinforces my point;)

That being Federer's first match on clay of the year and Djokovic had come through qualies. I think Rog would have lost a set to most top 50 players that day.

JustmeUK
01-17-2007, 08:09 AM
not convinced. his first two matches have been good but it's as much a testament to his play as to his opponent's lack of play. fwiw, gasquet and murray are also looking in pretty good nick. it'll be interesting to see who goes the furthest of the youngsters (and I include Rafa here).

richie21
01-17-2007, 08:56 AM

not so impressive if you compare his results with other youngsters' results .:o

For example,Gasquet also won 3 titles on 3 different surfaces within the last 6 months and he beat better players than the ones Djokovic beat to win his titles(Safin,Soderling,Gaudio on clay).....not to mention he also made a MS final(beating players like Blake,Berdych,Murray) ,something that Djokovic has yet to achieve.:p

Peacemaster
01-17-2007, 08:57 AM
That being Federer's first match on clay of the year and Djokovic had come through qualies. I think Rog would have lost a set to most top 50 players that day.

Well put Jaap. Since being thrashed by Roger in DC, Novak has won only one tourny by beating Mahut, Bracciali, Clemens, Grosjean and Melzer. Not a list that strikes fear in your soul now, is it?

Apemant
01-17-2007, 09:16 AM

So you can immediatelly skip it over? :devil:

I mean, individuality is all right, of course - from a certain point of view. But, I've met some people in various forums who paint their text in a different color. When asked why, they reply 'so that my posts stand out'.

I have a couple of objections on that approach. First, if more people felt like that - not even ALL of them, just like 10% - then many of the posts would be colored in various colors and the final result would be that NONE of them would actually stand out. Sort of what happened to tattoos and piercing. It's no big deal nowadays, noone will get impressed if you do that - everyone does is anyway. :devil:

The second thing is that it's sort of shallow. I mean, if your individuality is well expressed by painting your text in color, then you don't have that much of a personality to begin with, right? I'm not making any moral judgements here, just drawing logical conclusions from that line of thinking.

uglyamerican
01-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Well put Jaap. Since being thrashed by Roger in DC, Novak has won only one tourny by beating Mahut, Bracciali, Clemens, Grosjean and Melzer. Not a list that strikes fear in your soul now, is it?

He also just won Adelaide.:rolleyes:

uglyamerican
01-17-2007, 09:25 AM
For example,Gasquet also won 3 titles on 3 different surfaces within the last 6 months and he beat better players than the ones Djokovic beat to win his titles(Safin,Soderling,Gaudio on clay).....not to mention he also made a MS final(beating players like Blake,Berdych,Murray) ,something that Djokovic has yet to achieve.:p

He beat Murray and Gasquet when they went head-to-head.

scoobs
01-17-2007, 09:29 AM
I think we need to see more scalps from Djokovic among the top 10 before we can count him that solidly as a slam contender.

He's had great results, consistency, a couple of titles to his name...but one area he lags behind Murray is he doesn't yet have an impressive list of high profile scalps.

I want to see him give Roger a stern test in R4. I want to see him beating players like Nalbandian, Davydenko, Ljubicic, Roddick because these are the guys he also needs to find a way past in the latter stages of slams. Maybe not Ljubicic perhaps.

richie21
01-17-2007, 09:30 AM
He beat Murray and Gasquet when they went head-to-head.

yeah....but Djokovic has not (yet?) beaten Federer(the ultimate benchmark) contrary to Gasquet and Murray :p

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 09:31 AM
So you can immediatelly skip it over? :devil:

I mean, individuality is all right, of course - from a certain point of view. But, I've met some people in various forums who paint their text in a different color. When asked why, they reply 'so that my posts stand out'.

I have a couple of objections on that approach. First, if more people felt like that - not even ALL of them, just like 10% - then many of the posts would be colored in various colors and the final result would be that NONE of them would actually stand out. Sort of what happened to tattoos and piercing. It's no big deal nowadays, noone will get impressed if you do that - everyone does is anyway. :devil:

The second thing is that it's sort of shallow. I mean, if your individuality is well expressed by painting your text in color, then you don't have that much of a personality to begin with, right? I'm not making any moral judgements here, just drawing logical conclusions from that line of thinking.

:rolleyes:
Sounds like you`re making some kind of judgement [moral or otherwise]:sad:
Aren`t we tennis fans allowed some room for not being clones of each other:confused:
Most tennis fans [casual & seasoned] take some interest in the latest fashions/colours that our favourite players are wearing:cool: .. Isn`t it natural to want to see a bit of colour every now & then~> even if only to brighten up our own days [it`s not hurting anyone]:p .. Yet that makes us shallow does it:confused:

richie21
01-17-2007, 09:32 AM
I think we need to see more scalps from Djokovic among the top 10 before we can count him that solidly as a slam contender.

He's had great results, consistency, a couple of titles to his name...but one area he lags behind Murray is he doesn't yet have an impressive list of high profile scalps.

I want to see him give Roger a stern test in R4. I want to see him beating players like Nalbandian, Davydenko, Ljubicic, Roddick because these are the guys he also needs to find a way past in the latter stages of slams. Maybe not Ljubicic perhaps.

replace Ljubicic by Blake ;)

scoobs
01-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I think Djokovic and Murray are both heading to the same place - the top 10 - though by slightly different routes. Murray has been flashier, with some newsworthy scalps, but also a lack of consistency at times and he doesn't have a good record against his young peers so far. Djokovic has come on more solidly and steadily, and has had greater success with consistency and against his peers but hasn't yet knocked over as many of the existing big names.

I think either way is good, to be honest - what matters is they are both getting there.

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Djokovic`s results since the FO last May [up to 2-weeks ago at Adelaide] would have to be the best of any teenager on the ATP tour [right?!]...

Adelaide, Australia
International Series, 1-Jan-07, O, Hard , Draw: 32

RR Hajek, Jan (CZE) 76 6-0 6-1 Stats
RR Jones, Alun (AUS) 200 6-1 6-2 Stats
Q Goldstein, Paul (USA) 70 6-4 7-5 Stats
S Johansson, Joachim (SWE) 193 6-3 6-2 Stats
W Guccione, Chris (AUS) 153 6-3 6-7(6) 6-4 Stats

ATP Masters Series Paris, France
ATP Masters Series, 30-Oct-06, I, Carpet , Draw: 48

R64 Bye, () 0 Stats
R32 Mathieu, Paul-Henri (FRA) 54 6-7(11) 6-7(4) Stats

ATP Masters Series Madrid, Spain
ATP Masters Series, 16-Oct-06, I, Hard , Draw: 48

R64 Bye, () 0 Stats
R32 Gasquet, Richard (FRA) 27 7-6(2) 1-6 6-1 Stats
R16 Murray, Andy (GBR) 19 1-6 7-5 6-3 Stats
Q Gonzalez, Fernando (CHI) 10 5-7 7-5 5-7 Stats

Vienna, Austria
International Series Gold, 9-Oct-06, I, Hard , Draw: 32

R32 Zib, Tomas (CZE) 146 6-3 6-4 Stats
R16 Wawrinka, Stanislas (SUI) 44 3-6 3-6 Stats

Metz, France
International Series, 2-Oct-06, I, Hard , Draw: 32

R32 Mahut, Nicolas (FRA) 67 6-2 6-3 Stats
R16 Bracciali, Daniele (ITA) 66 6-0 6-3 Stats
Q Clemens, Tobias (GER) 265 6-4 6-1 Stats
S Grosjean, Sebastien (FRA) 35 6-7(4) 7-6(1) 6-3 Stats
W Melzer, Jurgen (AUT) 48 4-6 6-3 6-2 Stats

SUI v. SCG WG PO, Switzerland
DC, 22-Sep-06, I, Hard , Draw: 4

RR Wawrinka, Stanislas (SUI) N/A 6-4 3-6 2-6 7-6(3) 6-4
RR Federer, Roger (SUI) N/A 3-6 2-6 3-6

US Open, NY, U.S.A.
Grand Slam, 28-Aug-06, O, Hard , Draw: 128

R128 Young, Donald (USA) 577 4-6 6-3 6-0 6-1 Stats
R64 Fish, Mardy (USA) 60 7-6(5) 6-4 3-6 7-6(3) Stats
R32 Hewitt, Lleyton (AUS) 17 3-6 1-6 2-6 Stats

ATP Masters Series Cincinnati, OH, U.S.A.
ATP Masters Series, 14-Aug-06, O, Hard , Draw: 64

R64 Nieminen, Jarkko (FIN) 15 7-6(5) 6-4 Stats
R
32 Serra, Florent (FRA) 52 4-6 4-6 Stats

Umag, Croatia
International Series, 24-Jul-06, O, Clay , Draw: 32

R32 Belic, Luka (CRO) 1543 6-3 6-3 Stats
R16 Ianni, Stefano (ITA) 559 6-3 6-4 Stats
Q Vanek, Jiri (CZE) 110 6-1 3-6 7-5 Stats
S Moya, Carlos (ESP) 42 6-1 7-5 Stats
F Wawrinka, Stanislas (SUI) 69 6-6(1) RET Stats

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
International Series, 17-Jul-06, O, Clay , Draw: 32

R32 Pashanski, Boris (SRB) 73 6-0 6-3 Stats
R16 Zib, Tomas (CZE) 127 6-4 6-2 Stats
Q Gicquel, Marc (FRA) 87 6-3 6-4 Stats
S Coria, Guillermo (ARG) 28 6-2 1-0 RET Stats
W Massu, Nicolas (CHI) 37 7-6(5) 6-4 Stats

Wimbledon, England
Grand Slam, 26-Jun-06, O, Grass , Draw: 128

R128 Goldstein, Paul (USA) 65 6-3 6-2 7-6(3) Stats
R64 Robredo, Tommy (ESP) 8 7-6(5) 6-2 6-4 Stats
R32 Youzhny, Mikhail (RUS) 41 4-6 6-2 6-3 6-3 Stats
R16 Ancic, Mario (CRO) 10 4-6 6-4 6-4 5-7 3-6 Stats

's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
International Series, 19-Jun-06, O, Grass , Draw: 32

R32 Waske, Alexander (GER) 89 6-7(11) 7-6(4) 7-6(4) Stats
R16 Hernych, Jan (CZE) 128 2-6 4-6 Stats

Roland Garros, France
Grand Slam, 29-May-06, O, Clay , Draw: 128

R128 Horna, Luis (PER) 46 6-3 5-0 RET Stats
R64 Gonzalez, Fernando (CHI) 9 6-4 6-1 3-6 4-6 6-1 Stats
R32 Haas, Tommy (GER) 25 7-5 6-1 7-6(4) Stats
R16 Monfils, Gael (FRA) 28 7-6(5) 7-6(5) 6-3 Stats
Q Nadal, Rafael (ESP) 2 4-6 4-6 Stats

uglyamerican
01-17-2007, 09:42 AM
I think Djokovic and Murray are both heading to the same place - the top 10 - though by slightly different routes. Murray has been flashier, with some newsworthy scalps, but also a lack of consistency at times and he doesn't have a good record against his young peers so far. Djokovic has come on more solidly and steadily, and has had greater success with consistency and against his peers but hasn't yet knocked over as many of the existing big names.

I think either way is good, to be honest - what matters is they are both getting there.

Murray is always going to have to have better results from Jan-Mar & June-Nov, because the ten week stretch in between won't yield too many wins.

Peacemaster
01-17-2007, 09:45 AM
He also just won Adelaide.:rolleyes:

You're quite right. My mistake. Now, who did he beat there...

Hajek, Jones, Goldstein, Johansson and Guccione.

uglyamerican
01-17-2007, 09:56 AM
You're quite right. My mistake. Now, who did he beat there...

Hajek, Jones, Goldstein, Johansson and Guccione.

Not too many tigers in there.

Still, I'm sure Gasquet and Murray wouldn't complain if they had another small tournament title (Adelaide, Metz for Richie; Newport, Washington for Andy).

vincayou
01-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Djokovic`s results since the FO last May [up to 2-weeks ago at Adelaide] would have to be the best of any teenager on the ATP tour [right?!]...

Actually, if it's a question, the answer is no. Richie's results over that timeframe are better. He scored almost zero point until grass season, and finished around the same total for 2006.

uglyamerican
01-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Actually, if it's a question, the answer is no. Richie's results over that timeframe are better. He scored almost zero point until grass season, and finished around the same total for 2006.

Toronto tips the scale to Richie, but he's not a teenager.

richie21
01-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Not too many tigers in there.

Still, I'm sure Gasquet and Murray wouldn't complain if they had another small tournament title (Adelaide, Metz for Richie; Newport, Washington for Andy).

Gasquet would certainly complain (if we can say..).....he has already won 4 "small" tournaments so one more ,what's the difference? :o

scoobs
01-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Murray is always going to have to have better results from Jan-Mar & June-Nov, because the ten week stretch in between won't yield too many wins.

I don't agree there. Murray has spent a lot of time on clay in Barcelona, he plied his trade on it.

He may yet to have impressed on clay but that's not to assume he won't.

He also has a lot of capacity to add points in that stretch.

richie21
01-17-2007, 10:09 AM
interestingly,F.Lopez just said after his loss today that he thought Djokovic was the best youngster....i'm not as sure as him but well...:o

uglyamerican
01-17-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't agree there. Murray has spent a lot of time on clay in Barcelona, he plied his trade on it.

He may yet to have impressed on clay but that's not to assume he won't.

He also has a lot of capacity to add points in that stretch.

I've spent a lot of time in my car, but I'm not going to enter the
Indianapolis 500.

silverarrows
01-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Fed will win in straight sets. Proly Rogi will shift his gear slightly.

scoobs
01-17-2007, 10:15 AM
I've spent a lot of time in my car, but I'm not going to enter the
Indianapolis 500.

I just think you're basing that assumption on very limited evidence.

It may never be his best surface but playing well on clay is definitely within him.

uglyamerican
01-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I just think you're basing that assumption on very limited evidence.

It may never be his best surface but playing well on clay is definitely within him.

We shall resume this discussion in June!

I wonder if this Rebound-Ace is a good surface for Nole, or not. I think of Novak as a Courier-style player. In terms of strategy, not yet in terms of endurance.

CmonAussie
01-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Nobody is saying Murray won`t be good~> obviously he`s potentially a Slam winner!!

The point is Djokovic has more of a sense of self-confidence & court presence, plus a game & physique that looks like serving him well on all surfaces.. Hence Nole looks a better bet<:)

Grofica
01-17-2007, 11:34 AM
as being Novak's fan imo it is long way to win GS title or that metter to beat Federer, I am not sure is there player in this moment who can beat Federer!!

Novak is young, talented and full of confidence, he has atitude of champion, however ,not only is there the rest of New Balls but also some bit older players who are seeking theire chance!!
For now Novak should continue LEARNING AND IMROVING his game, and even better results will came, even Federer's scalp but not just now, although I would be happy if he actually beat Federer in this AO :)

savesthedizzle
01-17-2007, 11:42 AM
as being Novak's fan imo it is long way to win GS title or that metter to beat Federer, I am not sure is there player in this moment who can beat Federer!!

Novak is young, talented and full of confidence, he has atitude of champion, however ,not only is there the rest of New Balls but also some bit older players who are seeking theire chance!!
For now Novak should continue LEARNING AND IMROVING his game, and even better results will came, even Federer's scalp but not just now, although I would be happy if he actually beat Federer in this AO :)

:yeah:

ezekiel
01-17-2007, 11:42 AM
he is in good form so why not, I think he got some experience and this match is almost certain to be very tight

betterthanhenman
01-17-2007, 11:49 AM
On the verge of his first Slam my arse!

Loremaster
01-17-2007, 11:57 AM
:wavey: :cool:

Howdy Folks;)

Just my humble opinion but it seems to me that Novak Djokovic really has tremendous talent & currently great momentum... & an air about him which says `I`m about to win something big~ so watch out boys`:devil:

Supposing Federer were to stumble here [actually I`d be happy for him to win his 10th Slam in AUS:cool: ] then Djokovic seems like an obvious candidate as next in line in terms of favouritism;) ..

Of course Federer & Djokovic are looking very likely to meet in a 4th round encounter which may well end up determining the overall winner:angel:

Consider this about Djokovic:
* Has the attitude of a winner:devil:
# Won 3-titles in 6-months [on three different surfaces]:worship:
* Won his 1st two matches at AO this year in very commanding fashion!
# Made the QFs at the FO last year at age 18-years:cool:
* Every now & then a teenager takes everybody by surprise [a la Sampras 1990, Nadal 2005] & wins a Slam before their fans/media consider them ready:p
# Experience is important for winning tough matches & handling pressure but only if that experience is at winning, experience at losing breeds a loss of confidence, Djokovic hasn`t had any really bad losses in his career yet & so his youth & naivety may actually be his greatest strength;) .. People will fear him because his young & on the rise & still somewhat of an unknown quantity... everyone know`s he`s going to be good we`re just not sure how good:devil: !!!

All I`m saying is don`t be surprised if Nole is the guy holding up the trophy 12-days from now;) .. [Of course Federer is stil the favourite & players like Roddick, Nadal, Blake also have srong chances:cool: ]...

He can beat Roger beacuse it is 4th round but not the title he doesn't have good enough stamina

SerbianSmash
01-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Novak is immensely talented, and I think he has a chance, but the problem is that he's playing this AO with a minor injury.
Looking forward to the match, though.

richie21
01-17-2007, 12:08 PM

well i would say his loss against Hewitt in the last US Open was a really bad one,especially because of the scoreline.

CmonAussie
01-28-2008, 12:47 PM
~~~~~~~~~
########<><><><><><><><><><>########
~~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o~~~~~~~~
Since everyone is bumping old threads i thought it was worth bumping mine as well(:>
"@@"
Just so you know i`m not a bandwagoner, i did predict big things for Djoko b4 AO last year!!
Since then he`s had an amazing run in the slams... culminating in with his AO win this year<^^>

Deivid23
01-28-2008, 03:20 PM
:haha:

^^#¬* Right in the $$, CmonAussie tit ¬ç^^

Jaap
01-28-2008, 03:26 PM
~~~~~~~#####@@@@@ Mug ~~~~~~~#######@@@@@@

Bernard Black
01-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Good call, though I think most people saw it coming eventually.

squeakyshoes
01-29-2008, 12:30 AM
care to lend that crystal ball? ComonAussie :)

CmonAussie
01-29-2008, 04:44 AM
care to lend that crystal ball? ComonAussie :)

the next player not named: FED, RAFA or NOLE to win a slam will be>>> Ferrer @ FO;)

Mimi
01-29-2008, 05:23 AM
you were smart to predict right, but this time i don't want you to predict right, i want my boy rafa to 4 peat :mad::p
the next player not named: FED, RAFA or NOLE to win a slam will be>>> Ferrer @ FO;)