Ernham
01-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Thought so.

+alonso
01-16-2007, 01:38 PM
:shrug:

Hagar
01-16-2007, 01:40 PM
I saw part of this match and Malisse was his usual pathetic self. His body language was dreadful, even when he was leading in the second set. I just knew he would lose this match despite the fact that there was absolutely no reason why he could not win it.

marcelwks
01-16-2007, 01:41 PM
X-Man will never change ;)
good win Arnaud !

qczi
01-16-2007, 01:44 PM
xavier :sad:

i was surprised malisse didnt freak out after his last shoot (it looked liked a winner) was out. even the linesman showed its good at first, just later changed his mind and shouted out. this isnt the same guy who was defaulted against ferrer in miami

nanoman
01-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Serves him right. Saving energy for GS....lol. He was being full of himself. Mickey mouse events like Sydney are right up his ally.

Neely
01-16-2007, 01:48 PM
i was surprised malisse didnt freak out after his last shoot (it looked liked a winner) was out. even the linesman showed its good at first, just later changed his mind and shouted out.
hm, my initial reaction watching this last point at normal speed (they didn't show a replay) was that it was really out! Malisse seemed to have a good view on it, too, and probably saw it himself that it was out and accepted the decision and was just a little bit pissed off that it was so close.

qczi
01-16-2007, 01:53 PM
hm, my initial reaction watching this last point at normal speed (they didn't show a replay) was that it was really out! Malisse seemed to have a good view on it, too, and probably saw it himself that it was out and accepted the decision and was just a little bit pissed off that it was so close.

probably you're right, but at least they could have showed us a replay, it was pretty close either way :(

Hagar
01-16-2007, 01:58 PM
xavier :sad:

i was surprised malisse didnt freak out after his last shoot (it looked liked a winner) was out. even the linesman showed its good at first, just later changed his mind and shouted out. this isnt the same guy who was defaulted against ferrer in miami

But he was discussing endlessly with the umpire on some other stuff.
I've read somewhere that he has very good eyes and is often right when he challenges calls and other stuff, and I understand that is can be very irritating when linesmen and umpires make mistakes. But by now he should know that it is all part of tennis and that in matches where 3 winning sets are needed, it's levelled out between the two players in the course of a match.

Malisse has to learn that if he is a tennisplayer, he has to let his racket do the talking. If he wants to be a linesman or and umpire, he should put away his racket and do that job. I'm sure he prefers to be a tennisplayer.
At the end of the day, they did not make him lose, he made himself lose.

alfonsojose
01-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Back to normal :lol:

Neely
01-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Sounds crazy, but from my feeling watching a bit of this match and the end, I would have given Malisse a pretty good chance to win this if he got out of this last game and somehow held serve in the 4th. Anyway, just a gut feeling :lol: Much more I dislike that Malisse could not deliver, he really has a lot of game, would be unbelievable and I find him interesting, but somehow fails to bring it :banghead: :o

Jimnik
01-16-2007, 02:31 PM
:o

Voo de Mar
01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Malisse is an unpredictable player. His 2 titles in singles and 3 in doubles are like a gloomy joke :rolleyes:

PoderShileno
01-16-2007, 03:29 PM
:haha: wtf???????

Klaas_nalbandian
01-16-2007, 03:42 PM
pity to see him go so early, just like soderling, joachim johansson, moya, mathieu

ufokart
01-16-2007, 05:54 PM
A disappointment from Malisse, what else is new? :lol:

safinaferrero
01-16-2007, 11:30 PM
This guy is seriously a weirdo he has an undeniable talent but he waste it. He can be really pathetic sometimes :rolleyes: i mean i can't say i watched the entire match as Eurosport only showed the end but for what i've seen he was moving as he didn't give a shit of the match, Clément played quite ok but not at his best...