Alex Kuznetsov d. Peter Luczak 6-4 5-7 6-7 6-1 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Alex Kuznetsov d. Peter Luczak 6-4 5-7 6-7 6-1 6-4

Grinder
01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
19 year old American (reppin' PA!) Alex Kuznetsov picks up his first ATP win in his Australian Open debut. Impressive stuff from Alex playing his first ever five set match (or four for that matter) and obliterating a man known for his fitness.

:bounce:

marcelwks
01-16-2007, 01:39 PM
shocking score , I was sure that Luczak will win in 3 or 4 .

jole
01-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Alex! :yeah:

Scotso
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Alex! :bounce:

marcelwks
01-17-2007, 07:57 PM
James Blake about Kuznetsov:
" Yeah, it's great to see some guys getting through quallies. Kuznetsov is a good friend of mine, trained with me at Saddle Brook a few times. I was shocked, first time I hit with him, he was about 15 years old, he was just actually beating up on me and Mardy in baseline games. I was just wondering who the heck this kid is. He was playing great.

Since then he dealt with a terrible accident, has come back so strong, when he broke his leg in a car accident. Now he's playing great tennis again. That's a testament to how hard he worked, how hard he did his rehab. So I think his level of improvement is going very quickly, which is great to see. He's a hard worker, a really nice kid. Of course, all that will go out the window if I play him in the second round, I won't think of him as a nice kid for those few hours. "

jazar
01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
i missed this result yesterday. good win for another youngster. it seems american tennis has some rising stars in kuznetsov and querrey.
blake will be a much tougher proposition for kunetsov though and at the moment, with his lack of experience i cant see him doing much

Adler
01-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Good for Blake. The audience won't be cheering like dire animals, and for sure that would happen in case of Luczak's victory. And we all know how "legendary" Blake's mental toughness is ;)