Nalbandian def Tipsarevic 6-7,4-6,7-6, 6-0, 3-1 (ret) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nalbandian def Tipsarevic 6-7,4-6,7-6, 6-0, 3-1 (ret)

vogus
01-16-2007, 02:22 AM
The great Aussy Open for the Serbs continues.

Fat Dave is looking a bit low on energy today, like he didn't eat his McDonalds breakfast.

Duleml
01-16-2007, 02:24 AM
dont jinx it pls

Peacemaster
01-16-2007, 02:37 AM
The comeback begins...

Duleml
01-16-2007, 02:38 AM
You bloddy jinxer :(

zine56
01-16-2007, 02:44 AM
OMG what a choker... http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/zine56/TFRE2.gif

vogus
01-16-2007, 02:45 AM
whoops, Tipsy blew three match points while serving for the match at 5-4, then blew a 40-0 lead on Nalbo's serve in the next game. He may be a fatty but he's always a tough one to close out...

atheneglaukopis
01-16-2007, 02:46 AM
OMG what a choker... http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/zine56/TFRE2.gifWhat an emoticon. :eek:

lordmanji
01-16-2007, 03:24 AM
shouldnt this thread be banned for a misleading title?

Galathea
01-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Nalbandian is obviously injured and IMO without prospect of getting better soon (since Chennai he has this tendonitis),
He asked trainer twice and he literally couldn't move (except some critical points where you could see how much it cost him). Seems he suffered cramps on his leg due to the effort
There were several balls that ended inches to him and he didn't even try to reach it. Seems that his tendonitis is really serious
I think another player wouldn't have ended the match. On a possitive side... the guy has talent, the things he did walking some of them were incredible. Pity he couldn't do more.

Now with all this Tipsarevic got a heat stroke or something when he was 5-6 in the third and the doctor gave him a pill.

This match was like ER or a similar medical show... one of them couldn't move because he was injured and the other one that was like zombie for moments.. If the ball didn't end on the their feets neither of them could do anything to reach it at the final.

And to Nalbo's detractors...... he showed a lot of gutts: he was 2-5 in the third and saved two matches points, broke Tipsarevic's serve, saved three break points to put him 6-5..... all this when he was just walking because he couldn't run. And the 2-5 to end 7-6 was not due to Tipsarevic's problems, because he was fresh and Nalbo in his worst moment physically speaking.

About Nalbandian's fitness... he's injured, under that heat and he was really fresh while the other player was with nauseas in the tie-break? And he's not the most thinner player of the circuit... He's a nutty case

Tipsarevic... He did what he have to no more but no less, wasn't spectacular or anything. It wasn't a great merit of him but Nalbandian's injury. Still good attitude. And tried to fight.

And get well soon David!

robinhood
01-16-2007, 03:36 AM
Haha

*Viva Chile*
01-16-2007, 03:37 AM
Poor Janko, it was painful to watch, standing too much close to stay in the second round, and then falling to the heat. A great :hug: to him. He was the better player the first three sets and deserved to win here, but well, things happen for something.

Viken01
01-16-2007, 03:38 AM
hope he can be fit for his next match even i don't think it will be possible...
VAMOS DAVID ! and CONGRAT !

scoobs
01-16-2007, 03:39 AM
This GODDAMN heat rule.

They cannot play 3 hours + in 35C + heat.

Carlita
01-16-2007, 03:41 AM
:awww: this heat rule should apply to all.... even those playing....

Shabazza
01-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Props to Nalbandian to stay in the match and get well soon Tipsarevic.

Just shows that rule needs to be changed. Stop play for all ongoing matches if the heat is too much.
This "you have to end the match (and we won't even stop for 15 mins to close the roofs :rolleyes: ) even if the heat is unbearable" - rule is a joke and hurting the players, imho!!

Snowwy
01-16-2007, 03:46 AM
I dont have a problem with it, if you cant take the heat then you arent suited to win at the Aussie Open. Its part of the tennis there and I honestly dont think there even should be a heat rule. Is there a rule at the French Open that the clay is too slow so some players get to play of hardcourt?

*Viva Chile*
01-16-2007, 03:48 AM
I dont have a problem with it, if you cant take the heat then you arent suited to win at the Aussie Open. Its part of the tennis there and I honestly dont think there even should be a heat rule. Is there a rule at the French Open that the clay is too slow so some players get to play of hardcourt?

Go and play there if you can, and next explain your intelligent exposition :rolleyes:

ufokart
01-16-2007, 03:49 AM

The heat problem is a health issue, what does the clay of Roland Garros have to do with anything? :retard:

tripb19
Typical Nalbo.

Carlita
I dont have a problem with it, if you cant take the heat then you arent suited to win at the Aussie Open. Its part of the tennis there and I honestly dont think there even should be a heat rule. maybe not...but the rule goes for everyone or no one imo. Not like this....

Yappa
01-16-2007, 03:51 AM
Call me a devil, but I kinda enjoy it seeing the players suffer. Yeah, I admit it. It adds to the drama. Same goes for the Tour de France and the Mountain stages.

bigbhoy
01-16-2007, 03:51 AM

Don't think your brain is working as fast as your fingers there m8.

What you said makes absolutely no sense at all. It's around 100 degrees, add 10/15/20 + on top of that for the players on court. Do you know what running arround & pushing the body in those conditions can do? Obviously you don't considering your username. Heat is a killer & plays absolute havoc on the body! It's bad enough sitting in weather like that for long periods, it's 10x worse running around for hours in it.

All I can say on your comment is grow up & get real!

tripb19
01-16-2007, 03:55 AM
Nalby would have a much more robust chest than Sharapova.

Yappa
01-16-2007, 03:55 AM
Actually, we all know that they didn't stop play because they were hoping Sharapova would get so hot that she'd remove her top. :angel: Don't ask me if they were hoping Dahveed would do the same though. :eek: :bolt:

Instead of gettin' nekkid she put on her jacket which looks like a ballerina/life vest mix. :D

sigmagirl91
01-16-2007, 03:56 AM
Nalbandian is obviously injured and IMO without prospect of getting better soon (since Chennai he has this tendonitis),
He asked trainer twice and he literally couldn't move (except some critical points where you could see how much it cost him). Seems he suffered cramps on his leg due to the effort
There were several balls that ended inches to him and he didn't even try to reach it. Seems that his tendonitis is really serious
I think another player wouldn't have ended the match. On a possitive side... the guy has talent, the things he did walking some of them were incredible. Pity he couldn't do more.

Now with all this Tipsarevic got a heat stroke or something when he was 5-6 in the third and the doctor gave him a pill.

This match was like ER or a similar medical show... one of them couldn't move because he was injured and the other one that was like zombie for moments.. If the ball didn't end on the their feets neither of them could do anything to reach it at the final.

And to Nalbo's detractors...... he showed a lot of gutts: he was 2-5 in the third and saved two matches points, broke Tipsarevic's serve, saved three break points to put him 6-5..... all this when he was just walking because he couldn't run. And the 2-5 to end 7-6 was not due to Tipsarevic's problems, because he was fresh and Nalbo in his worst moment physically speaking.

About Nalbandian's fitness... he's injured, under that heat and he was really fresh while the other player was with nauseas in the tie-break? And he's not the most thinner player of the circuit... He's a nutty case

Tipsarevic... He did what he have to no more but no less, wasn't spectacular or anything. It wasn't a great merit of him but Nalbandian's injury. Still good attitude. And tried to fight.

And get well soon David!

Thanks for the dissertation. Let me know when you get your Ph.D.

And dramatic suspense is not your thing, either. You sound too much like a Geico commercial gone wrong.

sigmagirl91
01-16-2007, 03:58 AM

Poor use of analogy....that's a point penalty.

Galathea
01-16-2007, 04:03 AM
One thing...okay, poor Tipsarevic. I hope he get well soon. But David was static the whole match because he has a serious injury and saved matches points and break points before the other one got sick.

By the way, staying and resistance is part of the game too... And don't forget that Tipsarevic couldn't end the match when he was okay against a obviously reduced player that was not running. The comeback started when Tisarevic was okay, and he couldn't with the pressure of ending the match

So, to some posters, Nalbandian was not with a portatil air conditioner. He's not fit, injured and was dead until he started to show that nerve that he has.

What player another would have stayed 2 sets under and 2-5 to put hmself 6-5 with the other okay?
And as someone said, BOTH players were under that heat, as far as I know Nalbo didn't have an Oasis.

allblue
01-16-2007, 04:04 AM
David~~~:clap2: :clap2:

I want to hug him and kick him and shake him really hard for putting me through all these drama!!!!

But what I really want to know is the severity of his injuries...his knee, his belly...what's up with all that???:confused: :confused:

Metis
01-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Actually, we all know that they didn't stop play because they were hoping Sharapova would get so hot that she'd remove her top. :angel: Don't ask me if they were hoping Dahveed would do the same though. :eek: :bolt:

Good point.

Pova is not even half as sexy as David though.... :drool: :hearts:

The minx! :angel:

I hear fur is in fashion again.

I am glad David went through to the 2nd round, although if he is as injured as people say it doesn't sound very promising...

*Viva Chile*
01-16-2007, 04:06 AM
One thing...okay, poor Tisarevic. I hope he get well soon. But David was static the whole match because he has a serious injury and saved matches points and break points before the other one got sick.

By the way, staying and resistance is part of the game too... And don't forget that Tisarevic couldn't end the match when he was okay against a obviously reduced player that was not running. The comeback started when Tisarevic was okay, and he couldn't with the pressure of ending the match

So, to some posters, Nalbandian was not with a portatil air conditioner. He's big, injured and was dead until he started to show that nerve that he has.

What player another would have stayed 2 sets under and 2-5 to put hmself 6-5 with the other okay?
And as someone said, BOTH players were under that heat, as far as I know Nalbo didn't have an Oasis.

It's Tipsarevic :p

sigmagirl91
01-16-2007, 04:07 AM
So, to some posters, Nalbandian was not with a portatil air conditioner. He's big, injured and was dead until he started to show that nerve that he has.

Big, injured, and dead? Ok....
Then what does that say about TiPsarevic?

jayjay
01-16-2007, 04:09 AM
El Rey doing what he does, giving players who shouldn't be able to live with him 2 set starts, then telling them what's up. Everybody loves Rey, even his haters. For this comeback, David, tonight you get to Super Size your meal. :clap2:

Galathea
01-16-2007, 04:13 AM

Dead in the score: 2-5 in the third, lost the first two sets ... You know "dead" is a way of saying that a great part of the world uses to describe a person in critical situations. You seem to take a lot of things literally..... :rolleyes:
And I edited the post after reading it. Sorry to not speak english like you :rolleyes:
Oh, by the way I already ended my career and got my tittle, since you're such interested....

It's Tipsarevic

Yeah, sorry for that... I had a teacher called Tisarev and I keep writing the name of the player wrong. Sorry.

Yappa
01-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Isn't this already the 3rd GS in one year where Nalbandian comes back after being down 0:2 in a match? Amazing.

jayjay
01-16-2007, 04:15 AM
Oh, by the way I already ended my career and got my title, since you're such interested....

:lol:

Snowwy
01-16-2007, 04:15 AM
maybe not...but the rule goes for everyone or no one imo. Not like this....

Yup, I totally agree. There should be no heat rule, it shouldnt be half and half. But since clearly I see Im alone on this one maybe Im wrong. And yah, RG was a bad analogy..maybe Wimbledon making players play in the rain I dunno, that might not be good either.

My main point though is how many of the fit players are really having problems? Sharapova I guess, but is she really a fit player?

Once we see a Dominick Hrbaty having problems then we will know there is a problem.

sigmagirl91
01-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Oh, by the way I already ended my career and got my tittle, since you're such interested....

Congratulations! Should I send the shipment of bagels that David tossed today? I'm sure you'd enjoy 'em immensely.

tripb19
01-16-2007, 04:28 AM
Then what does that say about TiPsarevic?

:rolleyes:

You're acting like an idiot, but looking at your user name, you might be a fifteen year old, and I was an idiot at fifteen too. Chillout a bit.

Sjengster
01-16-2007, 04:30 AM
sigmagirl is something of a board veteran and a member of the 30-love club, if she doesn't mind me saying, so you can't pin the fifteen-year old charge on her.

Federerhingis
01-16-2007, 04:56 AM
El Rey doing what he does, giving players who shouldn't be able to live with him 2 set starts, then telling them what's up. Everybody loves Rey, even his haters. For this comeback, David, tonight you get to Super Size your meal. :clap2:

:haha: :lol:

Are the supersize meals at the famous fast food restaurants oversea as insanely grotesquely huge as in the U.S? As many seem to believe Nalbi has a weakness for fast food meals.

vogus
01-16-2007, 04:58 AM
i can't believe Nalbo won this f***king match.

TheBoiledEgg
01-16-2007, 05:00 AM
typical Fatboy tactic in lulling his opponent into a false situation.

all Janko had to do was tell Fatboy, Argentina are gonna play soon and he'd have won :lol:

Nalbandian!!!
01-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Nalbo is highlander I , 2 , 3, 4 and etc, etc, etc.

Hes always in the fight.

Go David !!

and get well of your knee !:worship:

vogus
01-16-2007, 05:21 AM
typical Fatboy tactic in lulling his opponent into a false situation.

Nalbo was standing there, down match point in the 105 degrees blazing sun, waiting to receive serve and thinking, now i've got this guy right where i want him :p

TheBoiledEgg
01-16-2007, 05:27 AM
Nalbo was standing there, down match point in the 105 degrees blazing sun, waiting to receive serve and thinking, now i've got this guy right where i want him :p

Nalby doesnt have the nous to take climate into account :p :o

jayjay
01-16-2007, 05:29 AM

Too true. :lol:

Blue Heart24
01-16-2007, 05:47 AM
:sad:

RonE
01-16-2007, 05:53 AM
Is it just me or does it always seem as a rule Nalbandian always has at least one comeback from 2 sets to love down in the early rounds of a slam?

If his injury is as bad as some people are describing it however it could all count for zilch. :(

Stay healthy Nalbs :hug:

SerbianSmash
01-16-2007, 07:31 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH!
Janko just had to win this one.
Congratulations to Nalbandian fans.

Joyce_23
01-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Ok David, you did the 0-2 down in sets in the first round now so spare us the drama in the rest of the tournament. Go crazy and decide to win your next match in three. :lol:
I'm glad Nalby pulled through but I feel sorry for Janko too. He was the better player for three sets and he would have deserved the win. I also fear that Nalby's injury is more serious then we thought. At this level of play he will not be a real threat for anyone contending for the title. Get well soon, Dave.:hug:

foul_dwimmerlaik
01-16-2007, 10:29 AM
"Tragedy" is the right word to describe what happened to Tipsarevic in this match.

sigmagirl91
01-16-2007, 11:15 AM
:rolleyes:

You're acting like an idiot, but looking at your user name, you might be a fifteen year old, and I was an idiot at fifteen too. Chillout a bit.

As I recall, this was an "A" and "B" conversation. You may "C" your way out at the next exit, my dear. By the way, 91 does not represent my birthyear.

garylanders
01-16-2007, 11:40 AM

:D

Neely
01-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Well done for Nalbandian to stay in the match at least :yeah:
I didn't count for him anymore because I thought "he can't do it again, right?", but he probably likes it :p

I agree that the heat and circumstances of the Australian Open is a particular part of this Slam, but then again, I'm also saying that too extreme conditions can be a health issue even for the fittest players in the best conditions. With the ongoing discussion to change the ATP Calender, to reduce tournaments in order to protect the players' health with people, such issues need to be considered, too.

Grofica
01-16-2007, 11:54 AM
shame for Janko he had it!! :sad:

bluesky_rachel
01-16-2007, 11:55 AM
i watched the 3rd set,and thought david was gonna lose.:o well it seems like both players were really tired and david had better luck today.hope tisarevic will be well soon.good luck to him in next tournaments.

and hope david will try to win next match.

guille&tati4life
01-16-2007, 12:17 PM
2 of my favourite players in such a horrible match :sad:.
Well done David for fighting back, but I feel awful for Janko. Heat exhaustion must be an awful way to lose a match.

I see what you mean, but i think that if it gets dangerous then they must stop all matches.

My main point though is how many of the fit players are really having problems? Sharapova I guess, but is she really a fit player?

I wouldn't say Janko is an unfit guy :shrug:

joyk
01-16-2007, 12:21 PM
It was a tough march for both of them,congrats to David for not giving up.

freesbee
01-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Janko :sad: what a way to lose :hug:

new-york
01-16-2007, 03:17 PM
:sobbing:

Janko had a nice opportunity. Hope he's well.

jazar
01-16-2007, 03:43 PM
dave got a bit of luck there. it won't be so easy in the rounds to come

Green_Eyes
01-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Lucky luck escape from David :devil: he will most likely go and do really well now.

Yappa
01-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Ok, I checked it myself.

He won the first round match of last years US Open against Berrer after being down 0:2 and nearly did the same against Safin in the following round.

He won against Tursunov in the 3rd round of the FO.

Green_Eyes
01-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Ok, I checked it myself.

He won the first round match of last years US Open against Berrer after being down 0:2 and nearly did the same against Safin in the following round.

:yeah:

Experimentee
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Last year Hrbaty played over 3.5 hrs against Andreev in 40 degree heat, they did not stop it because it had already started when it was about 33. Hrbaty had bad blisters from the court surface temperature and could not last the distance against Davydenko in the next round. It would make sense to stop matches that are already in progress as well as not start any more.

Experimentee
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't say Janko is an unfit guy :shrug:

I'd say Janko is more unfit than average. He's had to retire or had cramps pretty much every time I've seen him at the AO.

Scotso
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Poor Janko :sad:

casabe
01-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Ok, I checked it myself.

and against Murray in wimbledon 05. Before loosing in QF or SF, David has always a 0-2 comeback or a 1-2 comeback in GS

Denaon
01-16-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry for Janko, he had a great chance :hug: but....
I'm happy for David :banana: :woohoo:

vincayou
01-16-2007, 04:14 PM
I think that playing in such condition is just plain wrong. The rule is quite strange as well, why let some people play and not start the other match.

If it's dangerous to play for some, it's dangerous for everyone.

The fittest player can have heat stroke, it's unrelated.

GlennMirnyi
01-16-2007, 04:35 PM
:lol:

Janko lost to himself today when he had 3mps and then broke down... :lol: fat Dave is as lucky as it can get.

Klaas_nalbandian
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
narrow escape for david

vamosnadal
01-16-2007, 04:59 PM
I think that playing in such condition is just plain wrong. The rule is quite strange as well, why let some people play and not start the other match.

If it's dangerous to play for some, it's dangerous for everyone.

The fittest player can have heat stroke, it's unrelated.

I agree completely. Heat stroke in those sort of temperatures can be very dangerous, before long a player is going to get quite seriously ill - regardless of how fit they might be, as there is not a direct relationship bewteen heat stroke and fitness.

BORO77
01-16-2007, 05:01 PM
It is a shame Janko didnt send him home, he had a great chance:confused:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Janko,you should have won. :sad:

superhoops
01-16-2007, 05:52 PM
David is a lucky Bastard. Unlucky Tipso.

Pea
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Janko. You should've taken those mp than this wouldn't have happened.:mad:

Black Adam
01-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Dave in Slams always likes 5 setters,come-backs or blowing leads,some of which he could avoid I think he enjoys playing 5 setters.
Check this out:

USO 2006 Nalbandian def Berrer, Michael 4-6 6-7(2) 6-3 7-5 6-2

FO 2006 Nalbandian def Tursunov,Dmitry 2-6 5-7 6-4 6-2 6-4

AO 2006 Nalbandian def Udomchoke, Danai 6-2 6-2 1-6 6-7(4) 6-1

AO 2006 Baghdatis, Marcos def Nalbandian 3-6 5-7 6-3 6-4 6-4

TMC 2005 Nalbandian def Federer ,Roger 6-7(4) 6-7(11) 6-2 6-1 7-6(3)

Wimbledon 2005 Nalbandian def Andy Murray 6-7(4) 1-6 6-0 6-4 6-1

USO 2003 Andy Roddick def Nalbandian 6-7(4) 3-6 7-6(7) 6-1 6-3

FO 2003 Coutelot, Nicolas def Nalbandian 3-6 3-6 6-4 6-2 1-6

Wimbledon 2002 Nalbandian def Lapentti, Nicolas 6-4 6-4 4-6 4-6 6-4

Wimbledon 2002 Nalbandian def Malisse, Xavier 7-6(2) 6-4 1-6 2-6 6-2

He has blown more leads than Comebacks

Mechlan
01-16-2007, 06:44 PM
I will never understand why David insists on letting his opponents get a huge lead before he decides to start playing.

Galathea
01-16-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm reading about luck... sorry but Who actually watched the whole match?...

The heat affected Tipsarevic AFTER Nalbo went from 2-5 to 6-5 and Janko looked impotent infront off, well, an injured player who was not running because he couldn't.
When Nalbandian saved two mp, and healthy Janko started to look ansious and tried to make winners with every ball and Nalby didn't let him. THEN he got sick.
A sign of the wreck (pre-sickness, I repeat) Tipsarevic became when Nalby saved the mps were the drops he started to hit. A logic thing to do against an injured player that can't run, but that resort was not used in two sets by Janko and suddenly he started to try it because Nalbandian was outplaying him. And after losing the mps, Janko looked surprised and without to much idea of what to do.

I tend to agree about what I read on a blog from a fellow argie. I think Janko's nerves worked against him, and were part of his problems. Not saying the heat was not the cause, but not the only.
Nalbo, injured and affected by the heat too, didn't show any sign of going down.

Volcanic Tennis
01-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Janko :sobbing:

Corswandt
01-16-2007, 07:56 PM
:awww: this heat rule should apply to all.... even those playing....

They would probably consider changing the rule for next year (or even with immediate effect) if Sharapova had lost.

Seneca
01-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Dave in Slams always likes 5 setters,come-backs or blowing leads,some of which he could avoid I think he enjoys playing 5 setters.
Check this out:

USO 2006 Nalbandian def Berrer, Michael 4-6 6-7(2) 6-3 7-5 6-2

FO 2006 Nalbandian def Tursunov,Dmitry 2-6 5-7 6-4 6-2 6-4

AO 2006 Nalbandian def Udomchoke, Danai 6-2 6-2 1-6 6-7(4) 6-1

AO 2006 Baghdatis, Marcos def Nalbandian 3-6 5-7 6-3 6-4 6-4

TMC 2005 Nalbandian def Federer ,Roger 6-7(4) 6-7(11) 6-2 6-1 7-6(3)

Wimbledon 2005 Nalbandian def Andy Murray 6-7(4) 1-6 6-0 6-4 6-1

USO 2003 Andy Roddick def Nalbandian 6-7(4) 3-6 7-6(7) 6-1 6-3

FO 2003 Coutelot, Nicolas def Nalbandian 3-6 3-6 6-4 6-2 1-6

Wimbledon 2002 Nalbandian def Lapentti, Nicolas 6-4 6-4 4-6 4-6 6-4

Wimbledon 2002 Nalbandian def Malisse, Xavier 7-6(2) 6-4 1-6 2-6 6-2

He has blown more leads than Comebacks
Well... if you're going to count a 2-0 lead to 3-2 win match as a 'blown lead' then maybe it would be fitting to count the matches where Dave is trailing 0-2 and loses 2-3 in the end as well.

two sets down to victory:
5 times (Tipsarevic AO07, Berrer US06, Tursunov FO06, Federer MC05, Murray W05)

two sets up to 5-set victory:
3 times (Udomchoke AO06, Malisse W02, Lapentti W02)

two sets down to 5-set loss:
3 times (Safin US06, Hewitt AO05, Coutelot FO03 [you got this one mixed up, mate. Coutelot won the first two sets])

two sets up to loss:
2 times (Baghdatis AO06, Roddick US03)

Pretty even record except in the extreme ends where comebacks overnumber the blown leads. I'm more concerned about the class of players he has had to struggle with in the latest years than his mental fortitude or physical endurance. Nalbandian of 2003-2004 would have breezed by the Berrers and Udomchokes of early rounds.