AO 1st round: Safin def. Becker 5-7, 7-6, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO 1st round: Safin def. Becker 5-7, 7-6, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4

*Viva Chile*
01-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Good fight Marat :yeah:

Typical suffering victory of Marat. Next round in straights or at least in 4 sets, please!! ;)

Vin Judah
01-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Tough opener for Marat but he got through it.. Both had thei chances but Marat came stronger in the fifth set.
IMO he wasn't moving as well as im used to seeing him move.. Propably will play better in the next matches to come.
Anyways a good win and congratulations for Marat!
Next he will face Dudi Sela.

Deathless Mortal
01-15-2007, 12:44 PM
One step closer to Safin-Roddick match.

JustmeUK
He really had to work hard and keep his mind in the game. At times it looked like Becker would cause an upset but in the end the pivotal game was the one at 2-2 in the 5th when Marat broke Becker after a very long service game.

I he keeps his mind on the game the way he did today, then Safin will definitely go deep. FWIW, it looks like he's brought the focus from the Davis Cup final to the AO.

silverarrows
Wow! what a match! Very tight indeed! :eek:

atheneglaukopis
Title should read "Safin finally def. Becker". :rolleyes: Making up for Dom's 4-set win, Marat? :p

*Viva Chile*
01-15-2007, 12:46 PM
4 threads now :lol:

refero*fervens
01-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Yes, tight match. Congrats to Safin, but good on Becker! What a match for a first rounder. Some great fighting points there.

TheBoiledEgg
01-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Aus Open isnt the same without a late night Marat 5 setter :lol:

Becker played lights out tennis.

Marat !!!!!!!!
make it easier in 2nd rd before having Duck Soup at the weekend :)

trixtah
01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
fuck...I almost shit myself watching Marat almost piss this match away

Ernham
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
The better player did not win today. Safin took a page out of Roddick's "win ugly" playstyle and was outplayed on every aspect of the game except for serve and only in a couple sets do he have the upperhand on that.

Also, the officials were a joke. At least twice I saw blatant foot-faults not called on Safin. Additionally, there were several incidents Safin was not given a violations for. Disgusting, Australia, disgusting. What thehell was up with him throwing his bottle out into the stands and then collected another one from the stands later? Weird. The line calls seemed fair, howeber, though perhaps due to the very obvious fear they would be made to look like fools if they tried to rob Becker that route.

Anyway, it's unfortunate these guys had to play each other the opening round.

MariaV
Aus Open isnt the same without a late night Marat 5 setter :lol:

And killing some of his fans in the process! :haha:

kindablue
Great match :hatoff:

Andre'sNo1Fan
Life is always a rollcoaster for Marat :lol:

Still congrats and keep it going!!

betterthanhenman
01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Great match with both playing some excellent tennis. Made my getting up in the morning worthwhile after watching that sack of shit Santangelo give possibly the worst televised performance ever against Serena.

Anyway...

The Australian typically provides quality tennis from the outset and is rapidly becoming the most watchable Major in my opinion. I wonder if this is due to both the timing at the start of the year and the court surface.

2moretogo
01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Scary! He needs to work on his forehand. This is becoming an ongoing occurrence. But I will give him credit, he kept his head together. :D

gary
01-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Marat :woohoo: :banana: :worship:
he always makes his fans heartattacked :o :scared: :help:
great performance from both :yeah: :D
good luck in 2nd round Marat,please win it easily ok? :p

trixtah
01-15-2007, 12:58 PM
The better player did not win today. Safin took a page out of Roddick's "win ugly" playstyle.

Also, the officials were a joke. At least twice I saw blatant foot-faults not called on Safin. Additionally, there were several incidents Safin was not given a violations for. Disgusting, Australia, disgusting. What thehell was up with him throwing his bottle out into the stands and then collected another one from the stands later? Weird.

Anyway, it's unfortunate these guys had to play each other the opening round.
there's always one in every victory thread

I guess taking the only two breaks in the last two sets means that the better player lost today...right...

oh by the way, a big fuck you to espn

Loremaster
01-15-2007, 12:59 PM
What a match, it's getting closer and closer to Andy-Marat showdown in 3rd round

but Safin didn't looked good was broken several times, his winners/UE ratio was something like -12. And showed his mental problems I hope he will make it fast into 3rd round, because another 4 or 5 setter may kill his stamina.
He played 3h 30m today

my0118
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Great match with both playing some excellent tennis. Made my getting up in the morning worthwhile after watching that sack of shit Santangelo give possibly the worst televised performance ever against Serena.

Anyway...

The Australian typically provides quality tennis from the outset and is rapidly becoming the most watchable Major in my opinion. I wonder if this is due to both the timing at the start of the year and the court surface.

I agree. really enjoyable. Schedule is also just fine.

betterthanhenman
01-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Safin played well. Becker produced a top 20 performance and Marat earned a hard fought win.

Roger didn't play that well in his match, but it is ALL about winning your first match. So maybe everyone can tone down the panic!

Ernham
01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
there's always one in every victory thread

I guess taking the only two breaks in the last two sets means that the better player lost today...right...

I'm sure you are a non-partisan tennis fan. I like good tennis, and I call them like I see them. Safin was blatantly outplayed, essentially only winning points off a big serve and being dominated everywhere else. The biased officials didn't help the overall ugliness of the match, either. His breakpoints were essentially all from UEs, and both were spraying them left and right at the end, obviously dead tired.

TheBoiledEgg
01-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm sure you are a non-partisan tennis fan. I like good tennis, and I call them like I see them. Safin was blatantly outplayed, essentially only winning points off a big serve and being dominated everywhere else. The biased officials didn't help the overall ugliness of the match, either. His breakpoints were essentially all from UEs, and both were spraying them left and right at the end, obviously dead tired.

and this coming from a Rafa fan who knows nothing else but to run and scrounge on all 4 just to get the ball back so the opponent makes an UE :rolls:

leng jai
01-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Safin pretty much on the defense for 80% of the match. He always seems to pull out these wins at the AO.

Ernham
01-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Still liked to know if anyone knows what was up with the whole game of hot potato with the gatorade/water bottle.

allblue
01-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Good win Marat!!!! I'm glad to see he didn't get impatient or upset with himself enough to throw away the match.

Now keep your head together and good luck on your next match -- make it as short as possible please.

2moretogo
01-15-2007, 01:14 PM
oh by the way, a big fuck you to espn

Ditto. You would think with 4 channels that they could have done something. Grand Slam Network my ass.

Ernham
01-15-2007, 01:15 PM
f@ck you

That's exactly what I say when someone calls me a "rafa fan". Ridiculous. Nice of you to clip the rest of my comment so the sarcasm is lost, not that it seems you ever found it.

MarieS
01-15-2007, 01:23 PM
So hows the weather at Chernobyl? You seen my sig/avatar?

That's a god awful thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself. :rolleyes: I don't care if it's a standard reply to anyone who dares to call you a rafa fan (which is probably a lie)...that's a god awful thing to say. Find a better line. :o

mer
01-15-2007, 01:24 PM
That's exactly what I say when someone calls me a "rafa fan". Ridiculous. Nice of you to clip the rest of my comment so the sarcasm is lost, not that it seems you ever found it.
I got you sarcasm pretty fine, don't worry. My reply was about you making jokes about Chernobyl. Do you get my idea? I wonder, would you mention Nagasaki when addressing your sarcasm to Japanese?

RonE
01-15-2007, 01:25 PM
And Marat's romance with 5 setters in Australia continues :D

Just one more match to go for Andy and Marat before the big showdown

*rubs hands in anticipation*

Ernham
01-15-2007, 01:32 PM
I got you sarcasm pretty fine, don't worry. My reply was about you making jokes about Chernobyl. Do you get my idea? I wonder, would you mention Nagasaki when addressing your sarcasm to Japanese?

No. I probably wouldn't. The Japanese actually took better care of their people than the red Russians did, who would rather starve or massacre their own for fear their wanton negligence and abuses would reach ears/eyes of the rest of the world.

safinalium
01-15-2007, 01:33 PM
maraaaat :woohoo:
i was close to commiting suicide after he lost the third set :eek: :scared:
why can't he just once win a normal match like the other players.... :rolleyes: :hug:
i think that you should give more credit to becker. he also played great tennis.

belgampaul
01-15-2007, 01:33 PM

let us enjoy marat's victory, please.

we know his weaknesses and it was certainly not his best performance but we'are just ahppy he managed to go through, hoping he can show again what he's capable of.

Chill out man, no need to use your vague sarcasm.

mickymouse
01-15-2007, 01:34 PM
It was encouraging to see Safin's clenched fist, and how much he wanted to win. This is his favorite slam or at least the slam that he always does well in and I hope he regains his form and confidence here. Becker played really well for most of the match but in the fifth set, he just couldn't hold out as well as Safin.

belgampaul
01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
No. I probably wouldn't. The Japanese actually took better care of their people then the red russians did, who would rather starve or massacre their own.

you certainly have very stereotype image of history. and you're rude with no reason. and i don't think rafa would appreciate your avatar.

Ernham
01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
let us enjoy marat's victory, please.

we know his weaknesses and it was certainly not his best performance but we'are just ahppy he managed to go through, hoping he can show again what he's capable of.

Chill out man, no need to use your vague sarcasm.

Why be happy? The officials were biased, the lesser player(at least today) won. This is nothing to be happy about.

mer
01-15-2007, 01:39 PM
No. I probably wouldn't. The Japanese actually took better care of their people than the red Russians did, who would rather starve or massacre their own for fear their wanton negligence and abuses would reach ears/eyes of the rest of the world.
So you think you can make your insults based on people sufferings just because these people have wrong government? You are just sick.

Ernham
01-15-2007, 01:45 PM
you certainly have very stereotype image of history. and you're rude with no reason. and i don't think rafa would appreciate your avatar.

That's why there are entire highly irradiated regions of the Belarus/Ukraine loaded with toxic/nuclear waste that still poisons human populations today. And an "enemy nation" didn't drop any bombs there. The communists did it with no concern for the Ukrainians whatsoever. Facts, no stereotypes.

belgampaul
01-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Why be happy? The officials were biased, the lesser player(at least today) won. This is nothing to be happy about.

this is how it is. i guess u were rooting against marat. i've not seen the whole match so i can't judge your statements. it might be true what you say but for the sake of the tournament i guess it was not a bad outcome. we have to get credit to becker for his play, sorry for him, but he has lost. and i'm afraid nothing can change it.

i just hope Marat will play good enough to please your demanding eyes :wavey:

Ernham
01-15-2007, 01:49 PM
So you think you can make your insults based on people sufferings just because these people have wrong government? You are just sick.

I make insults directly in proportion to the amount of ignorance/stupidity directed at me. Don't play with fire if you don't want to get burned.

2moretogo
01-15-2007, 01:49 PM
That's why there are entire highly irradiated regions of the Belarus/Ukraine loaded with toxic/nuclear waste that still poisons human populations today. And an "enemy nation" didn't drop any bombs there. The communists did it with no concern for the Ukrainians whatsoever. Facts, no stereotypes.

So, what does this have to do with tennis? This is politics and political arguments should be taken somewhere else. I fail to see what this has to do with Safin, Becker, the lines people, or AO.

Andre'sNo1Fan
01-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh go away, why bring politics into a tennis forum.

mer
01-15-2007, 01:52 PM
I make insults directly in proportion to the amount of ignorance/stupidity directed at me. Don't play with fire if you don't want to get burned.
You think that a huge mistake of taking you for a Nadal's fan is in proportion to you making remarks about Chernobyl to someone with russian flag? Amazing logic.

mir
Still liked to know if anyone knows what was up with the whole game of hot potato with the gatorade/water bottle.

The moustache man [panoramix] did some magic potion into da bottle.
Sasha didn't get it at first cause he sipped a little to much magic potion, sneeky bugger, it made him laugh a lot at Marat's mistakes, he seemed happy al through the match:cool:

Why don't you just shut up!

Like I said shut up

MarieS

Again, how does that put you in a position to make jokes about Chernobyl? Just because it was the governments fault doesn't mean it's ok to trivialize it or insult the memory of those who perished. :rolleyes:

mer
01-15-2007, 01:54 PM
it made him laugh a lot at Marat's mistakes, he seemed happy al through the match:cool:
Sasha might be on a weed indeed :p

*Ljubica*
01-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Oh go away, why bring politics into a tennis forum.

My thoughts exacty. So I will say - great match - thoroughly enjoyed it. Congrats to Marat for hanging in there - and real respect to Becker. He is a true fighter and I was very impressed with him today.Good Luck to him in 2007 - he deserves to go far up the rankings on today's performance. Some great shots by both in an entertaining match, and nice to see Becker smiling and acknowledging the crowd at the end despite how bad he must have felt at losing such a tight match.

Ernham
01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Again, how does that put you in a position to make jokes about Chernobyl? Just because it was the governments fault doesn't mean it's ok to trivialize it or insult the memory of those who perished. :rolleyes:

Just because i tell the truth about a tennis match doesn't mean I'm a rafa fan and some kind of anaimal that crawls on all fours, either, eh? Yet you come knocking on my door. Who started it? Not I.

belgampaul
01-15-2007, 02:01 PM

lol, you're not an expert in nuclear waste. you just overdramatize the current situation.

communists did explode nothing. it was a very tragic accident aggravated by the poorly designed protection shield. nobody did it on purpose.

there were other accidents with the nuclear reactors in the US and Japan.
Luckily without any serious consequences.

if you ask me ( i guess you'd rather not) but communism is a way better political system than any other. though there was no communism in the USSR.

To close it out, C'mon Marat, you can do it ;) I mean beat your opposition in the next round in hardly fought 4 sets :-D

mer
01-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Marat's own assesment of the match ;)
Q. You have a knack of giving the fans good value for money at that time of night.
MARAT SAFIN: Half of them, they left after the first two sets with us it was quite boring. We had to stay (LOL). I cannot say it was really a beautiful match, but it was a lot of fighting. I guess some people that stayed, they really enjoyed it.

Q. Were there stages tonight where you thought you were going to lose it?
MARAT SAFIN: Yeah. Well, after third set, I couldn't really find my game. I didn't believe in myself that I could pull this one off. I was lucky. He missed a couple of shots. Maybe it's a little bit lack of experience, so I took advantage of this. When I had my chance, I took them. He made a couple of easy mistakes that he shouldn't have. They were unnecessary mistakes from him. He just threw the balls out, forehand, backhand, that was it. It was a break without doing anything.

Joy Mora
01-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Just shut up and/or leave. You wouldn't be missed.

cmurray
01-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Marat's own assesment of the match ;)

I love how honest Marat is about himself and his game. FREAKING espn. Didn't get to see it. Damn them. Nice to see that he held it together, though.

And to the Russians on this board....allow me to apologize for the horrendous behavior of Ernham (because obviously he won't). Chernobyl remains a terrible terrible tragedy, and I know the people of the Ukraine are still suffering it's effects today. I watched a particularly heart-wrenching documentary on HBO on this not too long ago. The memory of those babies with all manner of birth defects still brings tears to my eyes.

Meeek
01-15-2007, 02:28 PM
So, what does this have to do with tennis? This is politics and political arguments should be taken somewhere else. I fail to see what this has to do with Safin, Becker, the lines people, or AO.

That's what happens when someone runs out of things to say, they start about things that have nothing to do with the original topic in the hope they might manage to piss someone off for another reason.

Ernham, it's quite funny actually to see you so frustrated about Safin's win. :wavey:

As for the match; wow. Becker had wings in the first few sets. Amazing tennis he pulled out there. :worship:
Glad though that Marat managed to pull out the win in the end. Hopefully this will prove to be a good warm up for the second round.

Ernham
01-15-2007, 02:30 PM
I love how honest Marat is about himself and his game. FREAKING espn. Didn't get to see it. Damn them. Nice to see that he held it together, though.

And to the Russians on this board....allow me to apologize for the horrendous behavior of Ernham (because obviously he won't). Chernobyl remains a terrible terrible tragedy, and I know the people of the Ukraine are still suffering it's effects today. I watched a particularly heart-wrenching documentary on HBO on this not too long ago. The memory of those babies with all manner of birth defects still brings tears to my eyes.

Indeed a ukrainian friend of mine from I met when an undergrad will either die in his 30-40s or get a heart transplant thanks to such things. Downplaying the despicable communist role in exploiting the Ukraine/belarus areas does no one any favors, hwoever, other than the cowardly, power-hungry bastards that essentially created the situation out of indifference, neglect, and greed.

rrfnpump
01-15-2007, 02:34 PM
well done, Marat ;) :D
and nice try by Benni, it was a good match

I felt sorry for Marat's racquets :awww:
did he smash one or two?

Peacemaster
01-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Well done, Marat. This may sound petty but I want a Safin - Roddick match so that he can teach the ill-behaved Roddick about how to direct one's frustations towards one's own self and one's racquet(s), instead of one's opponent, umpire, line judges, hecklers in the crowd, ball-boys/girls, press, Roger Federer bobble-head figures, things made of clay, etc....

Donny
01-15-2007, 02:37 PM
This may sound petty but I want a Safin - Roddick match so that he can teach the ill-behaved Roddick about how to direct one's frustations towards one's own self and one's racquet(s), instead of one's opponent, umpire, line judges, hecklers in the crowd, ball-boys/girls, press, Roger Federer bobble-head figures, things made of clay, etc....

:rolleyes: oh, nah, that's not petty at all. btw, there's a thread down below for you to go bitch about andy.

mer
01-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Marat directs his frustration at umpires too sometimes. And why do you need to bash Roddick in this thread. Please...
If someone has to be more agressive to win, well, ok. We may not always like it, but it's sport. They are fighting there while we are sitting and watching ans judging.

Conita
01-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Safin :hug:

Kalliopeia
01-15-2007, 03:19 PM
maraaaat :woohoo:
i was close to commiting suicide after he lost the third set :eek: :scared:
why can't he just once win a normal match like the other players.... :rolleyes:

Aw come on now, where's the fun in that? :) :hug:

FREAKING espn. Didn't get to see it. Damn them.

God, seriously. I wrote them a nasty email about it. Not that they're going to care but it made me feel better after staying up til 1:30 to watch Baggy then getting up at about 5 am (was leaving room for Serena's match to be done) to watch Marat and seeing Andy Roddick instead. I was not a happy camper.

Anyway, thank GOD Marat! I had to leave for work right as he lost the third set and I was just sure it was over. I came home sick and came straight here and scrolled reeeally slowly down the subject list, just sure I'd see "Becker def Safin." :lol: Honestly if he could get to Andy Roddick and beat him I don't think any result for the rest of the tournament could get me down.

tennisgal_001
01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
I give Marat credit for keeping his act together, when personally, I thought he'd crumble after losing that first set, and blowing a 5-2* lead in the second. Hoping for better and quicker results.
Kudos to Becker for giving Safin and the fans a good first round match, he's definitely come a long way since ending the Andre fest back in Sep.

jazar
01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
damn close, safin won't last too long if he keeps that up

tennisgal_001
01-15-2007, 03:38 PM
damn close, safin won't last too long if he keeps that up

Well he better pull himself together. I don't know about you but I'm expecting a duck slaughter in a few days :devil:

GlennMirnyi
01-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Safin's over. Becker's a good player, but with his physical condition I'd be surprised if he reaches the 3rd round.

AnnaK_4ever
01-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I didn't believe Marat was gonna come through after 3rd set. Glad I was proven wrong.
But his awful passivity during the rallies will cost him match against Roddick. He is so slow and takes the ball so late... :o

Jlee
01-15-2007, 04:28 PM
LOL! :lol:

...it's never easy. Good job Marat.

tangerine_dream
01-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Wow, so Safin pulled another win out of his ass :eek: Congrats to Marat, I was afraid the Bambi-killa would sneak away with a win but he did not. Marat toughed it out and so what if he won ugly? He won and that's all that matters. Most players are rusty so we won't be seeing a whole lot of beautiful tennis from anybody.

Looking forward to that Safin-Roddick cursing bloodfest in the third round. :boxing:

I'm also looking forward to seeing Ernham banned for another four months. :yeah:

R.Federer
01-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Excellent!!!! Becker was playing very well and has been on the big stage before and didn't get intimidated at all. Safin will peak when he needs to, he's going to get tougher as it goes along.
Excellent win!

safinaferrero
01-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Was hard but only the result counts na;)

JMG
01-15-2007, 04:53 PM
The umpire had luck that his ridiculous cheating at 6-5 40-0 happened in a rather unimportant situation. When they can't use the hawk eye system correctly, they should let it be.

AnnaK_4ever
01-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Was hard but only the result counts na;)

For Marat personally? Nope! He's perfectionist.
That's why he admitted today's win had very little to do with his own game. And his game is off (if he still really has "his game"), his fitness is non-existent.

JMG
01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Becker always has weak moments on his backhand especially, so that he can't win matches like that. Also his 1st serve % was terrible in the 5th set. Another weakness is his volleying. Probably at least 50 guys in Germany can play better volleys. No wonder that he loses so many doubles matches, although having a good serve and solid return.

superhoops
01-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Guys did anyone see the match? If so can you tell me how was Becker serving and how was he volleying?

thiaela
01-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Well done Marat

RickDaStick
01-15-2007, 05:46 PM
What a match, it's getting closer and closer to Andy-Marat showdown in 3rd round

but Safin didn't looked good was broken several times, his winners/UE ratio was something like -12. And showed his mental problems I hope he will make it fast into 3rd round, because another 4 or 5 setter may kill his stamina.
He played 3h 30m today

Im just going to assume in this case that you have no idea what ratio means as i doubt Safin hit 12 unforced errors for every winner.

scoobs
01-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Nice Houdini move, Marat - I thought he was a gonner.

GlennMirnyi
01-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Im just going to assume in this case that you have no idea what ratio means as i doubt Safin hit 12 unforced errors for every winner.

I'd like him to explain too how this ratio can be negative...

Neely
01-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Congrats Marat! :yeah:

Season just started, but Becker should more often play like that. He suffered big time under his partially weak 1st serve percentage.

ptichka
01-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm very glad for Safin:) but i wouldn't talk about Roddick-Safin showdown untill marat step over 2nd round. I haven't seen the match, but statistics are not very good.

GO MARAT!!! Find your game!

MariaV
01-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Safin's over. Becker's a good player, but with his physical condition I'd be surprised if he reaches the 3rd round.

You're just itching for another badrep, aren't you?

Looking forward to that Safin-Roddick cursing bloodfest in the third round. :boxing:

Should be REALLY fun Tangy! :lol: :D And as I like Andy I wouldn't be too disappointed by Marat's loss. :wavey:
P.S. It's fun to have meanie Andy back. (Even if hyppocites here are complaining.) :devil:

atheneglaukopis
01-15-2007, 06:13 PM
(Even if hyppocites here are complaining.) :devil:Should that be "hippocrites"? ;)

GlennMirnyi
01-15-2007, 06:15 PM
You're just itching for another badrep, aren't you?

Ah, I forgot fangirls can't grasp tennis talk. Sorry.

Andre'sNo1Fan
01-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Ah, I forgot fangirls can't grasp tennis talk. Sorry.
Fanboys like yourself aren't too smart at it either.

Loremaster
01-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Oh where have you been ??
You are licking wounds after Ljubo match ??
I think so
And I remember that you where laughing the most when I said that Mardy will beat Ljubo :devil: and his slide down in ranking will start in AO.

Ok nevermind ratio or difference it means nothing Safin won and it is what matters so showdown with Andy is coming :worship: :worship:

RickDaStick
01-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh where have you been ??
You are licking wounds after Ljubo match ??
I think so
And I remember that you where laughing the most when I said that Mardy will beat Ljubo :devil: and his slide down in ranking will start in AO.

Ok nevermind ratio or difference it means nothing Safin won and it is what matters so showdown with Andy is coming :worship: :worship:

Wow i was wrong!! Since you are pointing this out, im going to assume that you have never been wrong in your life. If that's the case maybe you should take up betting because surely you would never ever lose.

Loremaster
01-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Wow i was wrong!! Since you are pointing this out, im going to assume that you have never been wrong in your life. If that's the case maybe you should take up betting because surely you would never ever lose.

Everyone is wrong sometimes, but it is not the case you was wrong the case is that you was laughing like it was somehing stupid to pick Mardy:angel:
Anyway it doesn't matter now :D

hablovah19
01-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, what can I say?
A win is a win, that's the only positive though! :(

silver7
01-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Congrats Marat :yeah::woohoo:
But a tough match for Marat. Well done Benjamin.:)

tripb19
01-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Just because i tell the truth about a tennis match doesn't mean I'm a rafa fan and some kind of anaimal that crawls on all fours, either, eh? Yet you come knocking on my door. Who started it? Not I.

Why is this miscarriage not banned yet?

Anyhoo, well done Safin. I'd love you to go very far. :worship:

Burrow
01-15-2007, 09:28 PM
fuck...I almost shit myself watching Marat almost piss this match away

me too!

Magical Trevor
01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
For a guy who didn't think he would be much of a success and decided to play college tennis instead, Becker is a heck of a player. Marat was fairly solidly.

Fedever
01-16-2007, 04:26 AM
Go Marat!!!::yippee: :woohoo: :yippee: