UK - BBC Interactive? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

UK - BBC Interactive?

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Is it only running for the "night" sessions, or have they introduced it during the day session too?

MrJ
01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Its says only the night on the website!! :wavey:

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 09:39 PM
:( Thats bad, as much as I like euros commentary; bbc has a nice quality 16:9 broadcast, the best of any tennis coverage :devil:

Cheers

As for anyone else, do they find it annoying you can't automatically set interactive to come on? You have to manually turn it on :( so it's no good if you want to set your vcr. It means you have to record on eurosport :mad:

adee-gee
01-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I wish the Aussie Open was on Sky with 5 courts :sad:

MissPovaFan
01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I wish the Aussie Open was on Sky with 5 courts :sad:

Totally agree with you Adam :sad: That's why I always look forward to the US Open as much and every year pray Sky will take the Australian Open. I guess though due to the timings they never will due to a lack of viewers in Britain. :(

decrepitude
01-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I think the channels for BBCi (on Freeview anyway) are 301 and 302. Messing about this evening I got snooker on 301 and cricket on 302.

It might be worth trying setting the video to record one of these channels and seeing what happens.

Perhaps somebody with cable versions of interactive could investigate and see if they can come up with channel numbers.

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 10:26 PM
The problem with sky, is that the sky boxes don't allow you to view the interactive feeds. Every other box allows you :(

And that's good news about Murray :) but what about everyone else we want to see?

adee-gee
01-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Totally agree with you Adam :sad: That's why I always look forward to the US Open as much and every year pray Sky will take the Australian Open. I guess though due to the timings they never will due to a lack of viewers in Britain. :(
Yeah I guess :(

Hopefully we get Roddick instead of Mauresmo, but I won't hold my breath :(

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Guys, does anyone know the schedule of what we are likely to see tonight? I am able to stay up for the two weeks, but I am guessing with no interactive you can tell what is going to be shown? and whether it's worth staying up for :)

MissPovaFan
01-14-2007, 10:36 PM
The problem with sky, is that the sky boxes don't allow you to view the interactive feeds. Every other box allows you :(

And that's good news about Murray :) but what about everyone else we want to see?

Reallly? I have a Sky box but also a Freeview one - will it work on there?

They better not show Mauresmo over Roddick or I'll be :mad:

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 10:49 PM
It's possible it would work, I am not to familiar with those boxes. Does anyone else know?

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 10:55 PM

Hi

I just checked the schedule and I notice Tsonga is playing Roddick. So I hope so too, very much :) I enjoy watching Tsonga (even though he is going to get a lesson today). PLEASE Show this match Eurosport :) Not boring WTA Matches (which you have a reputation for showing).

MissPovaFan
01-14-2007, 11:03 PM
For F**ks Sake

Mauresmo

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 11:04 PM
WTA Buttfuckers strike again :( This is going to be an awful match. They need to get their priorities sorted, and start showing the men more. Especially considering no interactive.

Another night of tennis ruined, because of bad choices by the coverage.

decrepitude
01-14-2007, 11:07 PM
On the Eurosport livestream, you can get the Roddick match. Ok it's not free, but at less than £4 for the entire tournament - with the facility to see matches you have missed - it has to be a pretty good deal.

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 11:07 PM
They are winding us up, and teasing us with the roddick coverage "we will flip over"

Commentary on mauresmo, but showing roddick warmup - whats happening?

We want the whole damn match :mad:

MissPovaFan
01-14-2007, 11:08 PM
No no no they are showing Roddick now :D

MissPovaFan
01-14-2007, 11:09 PM
hmmm now Gasquet! Make up your minds Eurosport. The commentary is on Mauresmo so it's not looking good :sad:

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Knew it was a windup :( Now we have Perry back again to haunt us. Just Eurosport trying to piss us off.

MissPovaFan
01-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Knew it was a windup :( Now we have Perry back again to haunt us. Just Eurosport trying to piss us off.

For excitment I guess this could be better than Roddick as he should have a walkover but then again why not show Gasquet?

Green_Eyes
01-14-2007, 11:12 PM
For excitment I guess this could be better than Roddick as he should have a walkover but then again why not show Gasquet?

Gasquet is probably the best match, unless you are a starlover. I would love to see that one, but they never show anything but the two main courts I would think?

MissPovaFan
01-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Gasquet is probably the best match, unless you are a starlover. I would love to see that one, but they never show anything but the two main courts I would think?

From today's matches I'd like to see Dementieva and Golovin but just cos they are my favs. Realistically of these 1st matches I'd say the Gasquet match would be the best. Mind you Perry isn't bad so this could turn into a good match too.