Notification/"Push" Function for replying messages [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Notification/"Push" Function for replying messages

Homo_Esperanto
01-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi MTF`s Admins,

it would be great to establish some kind of Notification/"Push Function" for replying messages to threads/posts of my own that means when logging in as a user it would be great if i would be able to see in a kind of abstract/overall view to which of my recent threads/posts somebody already have replied/coresponded to, so that answering myself to just the relevant threads/posts is quicker and just more convenient especially for users who post a lot in different threads.

Cheers

Dirk

Neely
01-14-2007, 11:47 AM
I believe a notification about a reply to a single, specific post is not available and would be only possible if the person replying hits the "quote" button. Otherwise the forum could not detect it.

But you can watch and mark threads that are interesting for you by subscribing to them. Go to the thread and choose "subscribe to this thread" from the tool bar above (thread tools). Go through and choose your settings (email notification, no notification). You can watch your subscribed threads in an overview in your User CP and see immediately if and who/when somebody posted a new message. Over your User CP you can enter many threads easily and quickly without navigating over many subforums. Try it out, it works well if you are used to it!

BTW, you can also subscribe to whole forums

Deboogle!.
01-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I love the subscribing to threads feature :rocker:

Homo_Esperanto
01-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I believe a notification about a reply to a single, specific post is not available and would be only possible if the person replying hits the "quote" button. Otherwise the forum could not detect it.

But you can watch and mark threads that are interesting for you by subscribing to them. Go to the thread and choose "subscribe to this thread" from the tool bar above (thread tools). Go through and choose your settings (email notification, no notification). You can watch your subscribed threads in an overview in your User CP and see immediately if and who/when somebody posted a new message. Over your User CP you can enter many threads easily and quickly without navigating over many subforums. Try it out, it works well if you are used to it!

BTW, you can also subscribe to whole forums

Thanks Neely for your kind advice:wavey: