Andy and Mandy no more .. from WTA [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy and Mandy no more .. from WTA

alfonsojose
03-17-2004, 07:44 PM
The NY Post is reporting today in its gossip sections that Andy Roddick and actress/singer Mandy Moore have borken up. He reportedly broke it off because he wants to concentrate on tennis and he doesn't care too much for the Hollywood life.

http://www.nypost.com

But we all here knew the truth. Mardy discovered it through ESPN :lol:

"-I'm sorry, baby. But listen. Mardy is not here. Tonight we'll get some drinks and this time i'll be yours. Just you, me and the desert.-"

MisterQ
03-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Yes, and Jan-Michael is changing his name to "Jandy."

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 07:53 PM
And the NY Post (Page 6 mind you) got the info from US Weekly. That's where I get all my news from let me tell you. What are they sued for libel, once a week? :lol: I hope a journalist asks Andy about it after his match tonight, could be funny.

I don't know which is scarier, that a friend of either Andy or Mandy would squeal to the lowlife that is US Weekly or that people believe what US Weekly publishes :scratch:

undomiele
03-17-2004, 07:58 PM
A relationship on the rocks could explain his crazy behavior of late though.

alfonsojose
03-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh, please. Relax. It's just a post. Mandy is not going to cut her wrists.

I'm not attacking Andy. Don't scare me ;)

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 08:27 PM
his crazy behavior? What, going up to the net more? :haha:

michelleg
03-17-2004, 08:28 PM
I've never been an AndyFan or anything remotely close to such, but know that this "rumor" is probably more true than any of you know. While in Indian Wells, I spent some time with a sister of an American player who runs in that group and she told me it happened around Memphis. I don't think a libel/slander suit would fly in this case.

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Maybe they did, who knows? This has nothing to do with Andy or Mandy or them as a couple (or not a couple) for me, I just don't believe stuff published in tabloids :) And I just don't really like gossip in general. I'd just prefer to hear it from one of them, and if it's true, one of them will have to say so at some point.

undomiele
03-17-2004, 09:00 PM
his crazy behavior? What, going up to the net more? :haha:

ummm... bitching at an ump for 5 minutes while being rude to the other player is definitely crazy... but maybe you're right, maybe that already qualifies as typical, normal behavior from Andy R. My mistake.

Havok
03-17-2004, 09:05 PM
he's bitched before, so nothing crazy about it, just that that one time was way over the top :scared: and linking the two incidents is just plain dumb

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 09:11 PM
ummm... bitching at an ump for 5 minutes while being rude to the other player is definitely crazy... but maybe you're right, maybe that already qualifies as typical, normal behavior from Andy R. My mistake.

LOL well yea, it pretty much is. Not that it's typical in the sense that he does it often, but when you hear about him doing something like that it's not exactly shocking. Andy's played a lot of matches lately where mental toughness was key, and except for the Spadea match in Scottsdale he's held up EXTREMELY well. Coming back from a set down against Gambill in Scottsdale having never beat him and then coming back from a break down against Safin having never beaten him, Andy had to be concentrating 100%. So we could say both extremes about Andy, per usual :)

undomiele
03-17-2004, 09:15 PM
over the top means crazy naldo, hence the "crazy behavior" comment. Speculatively linking the two incidents isn't all that dumb if youve ever been affected by a rocky relationship/breakup before. And I don't even have to go into my personal experiences here for people to know that breaking up sucks big-time and that it can affect your professional life (remember Brooke Shields?). But hey, I was just throwing out some speculation explaining Andy's "over the top" behavior that one time. At the time I thought it was somewhat unusual for Roddick to go so overboard.. so it can be completely plausible that his relationship with Mandy might have had something to do with it. Why not? Its just harmless speculation on my part if Andy-Mandy have indeed broken up. Chill.

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 09:19 PM
It's a valid point, undomiele, for sure, and I understand what you're saying :)

Guess we'll never know for sure! :shrug:

vene
03-17-2004, 09:56 PM
I've never been an AndyFan or anything remotely close to such, but know that this "rumor" is probably more true than any of you know. While in Indian Wells, I spent some time with a sister of an American player who runs in that group and she told me it happened around Memphis. I don't think a libel/slander suit would fly in this case.
You were in Indian Wells? Did you get to meet Roger? Hope he plays in DC this year, can't wait to watch him live again

J. Corwin
03-17-2004, 10:30 PM
hmm...not too sure about this

I wouldn't believe it until it comes from a more credible source.

michelleg
03-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Sorry, no such luck. I hang about the Argentine/Spanish/French boys.

For pics, go to http://groups.msn.com/TennisPics2004

Here's a pic of us at Indian Wells:

http://www.tennisinternet.com/pacificphotos3.htm

tangerine_dream
03-18-2004, 12:57 AM

What? You don't find his "honest" emotions "refreshing" ?

Deboogle!.
03-18-2004, 01:55 AM
No tangy, only Marta's honest emotions are refreshing :)

Ads
03-18-2004, 02:01 AM
could explain that god awful hat he's wearing (red mesh? ewwww), no mandy for fashion advice

star
03-18-2004, 05:05 AM
Nothing can explain the god awful hats. :)

Deboogle!.
03-18-2004, 05:28 AM
lol nope pretty much no explanation.

well according to USA Today according to Mandy's PR people, they're still togther. Is that any more trustworthy than "pals" talking to US Weekly? who knows lol

JeLuliA88
03-18-2004, 06:53 AM
If they did break up, good on him! I never liked Mandy... he finally came 2 his senses.

sigmagirl91
03-18-2004, 11:06 AM
lol nope pretty much no explanation.

well according to USA Today according to Mandy's PR people, they're still togther. Is that any more trustworthy than "pals" talking to US Weekly? who knows lol

Oh, so there WILL be more PDA from these two in the future? Expect it, right?

Deboogle!.
03-18-2004, 01:27 PM
lol who knows!!

I was hoping a ballsy reporter would've asked him after his match last night. but, no luck :lol:

tennischick
03-19-2004, 12:19 PM
hmmm...maybe that breast-grabbing thing was a bit much for La Mandy after all...:o

the cat
03-19-2004, 07:06 PM
I hope the rumours aren't true because Mandy and Andy are America's young celebrity royalty! :D