highest ever first serve % ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

highest ever first serve % ?

joeb_uk
03-17-2004, 06:47 PM
does anyone know the highest recorded? and what sorta speed they were serving at, it would be very interesting to see

Horatio Caine
03-17-2004, 07:09 PM
I know that Bogomolov served the whole of the first set against Miryni on 90% first serves! No wonder the set went to a tie break.

TennisLurker
03-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Wilander served 92% in his roland garros final against Leconte, to keep Leconte from coming in during his second serves.

Coria had more than 80% just a few days ago against Mirnyi, and he had the same reason as Wilander, to keep Mirnyi from coming in during Guillermo's second serves.

they both won their matches in straight sets.

Deboogle!.
Pim Pim Johansson served 100% first serves in one of his matches in Memphis in the first set, against James Blake. But not the second set, I don't remember what the total was for the match.

Sjengster
In the first set also against Mirnyi, Coria was serving 94% first serves in - he's usually around the 80% mark, but even from him that was hugely impressive and the perfect tactic against Mirnyi, stopping him from hustling on the second serve.

Sjengster
03-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Ah, I see Lurker beat me to it about Coria... you're right bunk, I'd forgotten that Johansson stat - simply incredible, considering the pace of his serve! And I think he played another set against Fish where he only missed two first serves, so that's almost as amazing.

tangerine_dream
03-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Pim Pim Johansson served 100% first serves in one of his matches in Memphis in the first set, against James Blake. But not the second set, I don't remember what the total was for the match.

Daa-yum :eek:

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 07:55 PM
I know, he was like 18/18 or something ridonculous like that. James was just like "well he got 100% of his serves in what could I do? Not much" LOL

Devotee
03-18-2004, 02:58 AM
Wilander served 92% in his roland garros final against Leconte, to keep Leconte from coming in during his second serves.

After that match, Leconte was asked what strategy he had pre-planned
against Wilander. Leconte said to attack Wilander's 2nd. serve!
:rolls:
No wonder Leconte lost!

rassklovn
03-18-2004, 03:03 AM

Coria had more than 80% just a few days ago against Mirnyi, and he had the same reason as Wilander, to keep Mirnyi from coming in during Guillermo's second serves.

they both won their matches in straight sets.

That Wilander match was great Lurker, though I felt sorry for Leconte. The French public loved him and he only missed 1st serves in the 1st set, but after that he didn't miss one for the last 2 sets. The worst thing for Leconte were the French that booed him at the presentation, there you go from hero to zero in a very short period of time.