Sydney Double! Blake d. Moya 6-3 5-7 6-1 for 2nd Consecutive Sydney Title! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sydney Double! Blake d. Moya 6-3 5-7 6-1 for 2nd Consecutive Sydney Title!

mrserenawilliams
01-13-2007, 10:44 AM
:bigclap: GREAT WIN James! Now take this momentum into Melbourne....where you'll face Carlos again in the first round :lol:

:hug:Carlos

:unsure: we need to work on the choking though Jimbo

MrJ
01-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Congrats James on a successful title defence, :worship: but you still need to sort out the choking. 4-0 in the second set :o

Great fight from Carlos but I guess he ran out of steam in the third set. :worship: :wavey:

On to melbourne. :)

Carlita
01-13-2007, 10:47 AM
:hug: to Carlos! Great fight!!! Let's not forget while James was playing with the koalas yesterday, Carlos was busting his ass beating Gasquet! :worship: Im happy with this week :yeah: yay Carlos!

Voo de Mar
01-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Bravo James:yeah:
Lately he is my favourite player but he is such a choker [not only 4-0 but also he was leading 5:3 (deuce) in the 2nd]:shrug: Anyway I've won money thanks todays wins Roddick, Ferrer and Blake :)

Bremen
01-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Good win James...come back and win the title again next year!

MrJ
01-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Bravo James:yeah:
Lately he is my favourite player but he is such a choker [not only 4-0 but also he was leading 5:3 (deuce) in the 2nd]:shrug: Anyway I've won money thanks todays wins Roddick, Ferrer and Blake :)

On the positive side, he didn´t let the choke effect him and rolled the third set easily. He also saved lots break points which he seems to be doing a lot lately so there is some mental toughness inside him. :o

enqvistfan
01-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Carlos :hug: Good luck for Melbourne :bounce:

Voo de Mar
01-13-2007, 10:58 AM
On the positive side, he didn´t let the choke effect him and rolled the third set easily. He also saved lots break points which he seems to be doing a lot lately so there is some mental toughness inside him. :o

Yes but on the other hand Moya was tired after four consecutive three-setters what helped James a lot :D

MrJ
01-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Yes but on the other hand Moya was tired after four consecutive three-setters what helped James a lot :D

Very true, but Moya must have gone into the third with all the momentum and James quickly pounced on him.

Anyway, he will have the edge going to the Melbourne match since he has now won the last 3 between the two. I doubt Moya will have much left to go the distance with James. That said he is a champion player so I will never rule him out.

Naranoc
01-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Congratulations James :yeah: (and a good run for Carlos while it lasted :yippee: )

RonE
01-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Well done Blake and kudos to Moya on a great run to the final :yeah:

Such a shame they have to meet in the first round of the Open though :(

I would normally be happy for either player as I like both but as the prized piggy roaster in Nadal's section of the draw Blake absolutely MUST get past Moya so he can go on to make the quarters and treat us to another taste of his world class spareribs. :devil:

Magical Trevor
01-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Fantastic match. I think Davydenko may need to watch this and reassess his no one cares comment. Because these two ran hard. I couldn't believe some of the shots Carlos was chasing down after his week.

That point at 4-3 in the second on one of the deuces was one of the best points of all time.

Such a shame these two meet first round in Melbourne. Though I think it's predetermind (Carlos' speech - "I'll tell you all a secret. Before this match James and I agreed that he would win this match, and I would win in Melbourne")

NeverSayDie
01-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Well done James! :bounce: :bounce: Good luck in the AO! :yeah:

SloKid
01-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Well done to both of them, James on defending his title and Carlos on reaching the final a bit against the odds.

Shame they have to face each other in the first round at the AO too. :(

Adler
01-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Looks like Blake didn't lose his form and has the ability to defend his titles. That will mean a lot this year
GL in the AO to both finalists, but taking into account the draw it sounds a bit silly, no? ;)

nando
01-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Nice work from Carlos this week! Good stuff. Good luck in Melbourne!

Also, congrats to James..there were some great winners from him.

MrJ
01-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Two great guys!! :)

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/54/full.getty-tennis-wta-atp-aus_6_38_21_am.jpg

Bee
01-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I agree with Magical Trevor ... great match. And, yes, wouldn't it be good if that 'secret' got out? Would love to see Moya get up against James in Part 2 ... but hmmm, it's the best of 5 sets, tough ask for Carlos only a couple of days after his marathon run here. Perhaps James could withdraw and go see the penguins on Philip Island?? While Carlos runs through to the A.O. final like he did 10 years ago ... and perhaps it can be the full 'deja vu' ... runner-up in Sydney, runner-up in Melbourne ... letting Federer win like Sampras did in 1997 ... hmmm, and now my dream is out of control ... wake up, wake up!

aussie_fan
01-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Great win for James, even though he choked that second set. Good fight from Moya, he was running everything down.

gusman890
01-13-2007, 12:42 PM
James and Andy both winning...good day for america :)

Mateya
01-13-2007, 12:46 PM
GREAT STUFF, didnt expect to be so tough, but...

"Former World No. 1 Carlos Moya will meet James Blake, who have been drawn to play each other in the Australian Open first round in Melbourne next week."

:retard: :retard:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo...

nobama
01-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I would normally be happy for either player as I like both but as the prized piggy roaster in Nadal's section of the draw Blake absolutely MUST get past Moya so he can go on to make the quarters and treat us to another taste of his world class spareribs. :devil:Or maybe Kendrick will pull the upset of the year. Stranger things have happened. I'm just wating for Serena Williams to get her big arse handed to her in the first round. Now that would be something tasty indeed. :devil:

Congrats to James. I hope he goes deep at AO. :D

silverarrows
01-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Congrats to James! Great job indeed! :)

Auscon
01-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Well done to both guys, should be a great first round match

And James even managed to have another dig at Davydenko in his speech lol

mishar
01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Typically gracious comments from classy Carlos:

"Maybe I'll lose again against him next week, but if I play like this, I'll be happy anyway because that means I'll be losing to a great player, a great champion," Moya said.

James, please don't choke so much, but great recovery!

propi
01-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Pity Carlos :sad:
Let's hope you can get revenge next week :devil:

Loremaster
01-13-2007, 02:06 PM
I love both guys :hug: :hug:

Moya showed that he is ultimate warrior, he played hard in every match refusing to loose, he showed that he still has game, he still has heart and he wants to win, I remember interview if him from 2006 (when he had very bad year) after one won match, he said that every match is great for him , because he loves to play at We could see this in Chennai and in Sydney
And I am impressed how well he is prepared he had played 2 weeks in row, and 5 straight 3 setters and still was running the way the young players can't
Good Luck in AO :worship: :music: :music: :music:

Blake showed that he has Huge game, but what is the worst is the fact how he chokes matches away it could be disaster if Moya was fresher.
Congratulations Jamees:worship:

Considering AO I want theirs match to be 5 setter , it would be something
My Head says Blake will win
My Heart that Carlos (he deserves something )

It's pity that we will see only one of them in 2nd round

Loremaster
01-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Typically gracious comments from classy Carlos:

"Maybe I'll lose again against him next week, but if I play like this, I'll be happy anyway because that means I'll be losing to a great player, a great champion," Moya said.

James, please don't choke so much, but great recovery!

Moya is such classy player I hope he will play for at least 3 years more :worship: :worship: :worship:

muniu
01-13-2007, 02:08 PM
James :aparty:
Good luck in Aussie Open :scared:

Billabong
01-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Congrats James for this awesome title:woohoo: Keep it up man, GO:yeah:!!!

ServeAlready81
01-13-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm just wating for Serena Williams to get her big arse handed to her in the first round. Now that would be something tasty indeed. :devil:

So sad when people get off on other's misforutnes :rolleyes:

rofe
01-13-2007, 03:30 PM
James :yeah: Good defence of the title though should have done it sooner. This win will definitely provide a much needed confidence boost ahead of R1.

Clara Bow
01-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Nice win for James after faltering a bit in the second. From the sounds of it, well done to Moya for a great fight and some great play. :)

Experimentee
01-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Great win for James :yeah:

He played awesome tennis, apart from the stumble when he was 4-0 up and had points for 5-0 :o

James played badly to lose the lead, but Carlos really lifted his level after James let him back in, and should get some credit for fighting hard in the 2nd set. In the 3rd set James turned it on again and was too good for Carlos, it was more James lifting his level than Carlos being tired.

Its a shame one of them has to lose first round next week, especially when you look at the players in some of the other first round matches who will get to the 2nd round.

cobalt60
01-13-2007, 04:04 PM
:woohoo:

Mateya
01-13-2007, 04:19 PM
My Head says Blake will win
My Heart that Carlos (he deserves something )
:clap2: http://shrani.si/files/superr0t7.gif

It's pity that we will see only one of them in 2nd round

Unbeliveable draw, really. :confused:
But Carlos will fight to the very end! Just hope he is fresh and healthy.
:armed: :armed: :armed:

ChinoRios4Ever
01-13-2007, 04:55 PM
congrats james :yeah:

charly :sad: but good run

MissMoJo
01-13-2007, 05:33 PM
James :D It's time to make a good run at a slam outside the U.S, hopefully it'll be at the AO.
Nice resurgence from Carlos this week :)

tangerine_dream
01-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Fantastic match. I think Davydenko may need to watch this and reassess his no one cares comment. Because these two ran hard. I couldn't believe some of the shots Carlos was chasing down after his week.
Real champions play hard and want to win, always. Only losers like Davydenko and Ljubicic don't care and throw in the towel. :)

Congrats to James on defending his title. Congrats to Moya on getting to the final. :bigclap:

A very good start to 2007 for American tennis. :dance:

RickDaStick
01-13-2007, 05:37 PM
What do 3 wins vs Futures players, a walkover, and a win over Carlos Moya mean thse days? An ATP TOUR TITLE? thats weak.

mrserenawilliams
01-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Or maybe Kendrick will pull the upset of the year. Stranger things have happened. I'm just wating for Serena Williams to get her big arse handed to her in the first round. Now that would be something tasty indeed. :devil:

As a Mirka fan, you sure know how to call the kettle black, pot :rolleyes: At least Serena's been injured...what's Mirka's excuse...and I BET if they played, Serena'd beat that ass :yeah:

See..I already don't like Mirka cuz she has my man...don't make me go off on you :p :lol:

new-york
01-13-2007, 07:18 PM
:woohoo:

but please, work hard to keep leads @ the AO. Carlos could take it all.:o

Veronique
01-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Congrats James! Well done!

nhissan
01-14-2007, 01:32 AM
:clap2: http://shrani.si/files/superr0t7.gif

Unbeliveable draw, really. :confused:
But Carlos will fight to the very end! Just hope he is fresh and healthy.
:armed: :armed: :armed:

yeah it sucks :mad:

congrats to James !!!