Australian Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Australian Open

tashanv
01-13-2007, 12:19 AM
The draw for the Australian Open is out.Here’s what Dominiks section looks like.

Ivan Ljubicic CRO (4) vs. Mardy Fish USA

Nicolas Mahut FRA vs. Juan Monaco ARG

Stefan Koubek AUT vs. Wayne Arthurs AUS (WC)

QUALIFIER vs. Agustin Calleri ARG (30)

Radek Stepanek CZE (20) vs. Michael Llodra FRA

Lukas Dlouhy CZE vs. QUALIFIER

Thomas Johansson SWE vs. QUALIFIER

Kristian Pless DEN vs. David Ferrer ESP (16)

Mario Ancic CRO (9) vs. Go Soeda JPN (WC)

Joachim Johansson SWE vs. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez ESP

Vincent Spadea USA vs. Igor Andreev RUS

Jiri Vanek CZE vs. Dominik Hrbaty SVK (22):bigclap: :woohoo: :bigclap:

Marat Safin RUS (26) vs. Benjamin Becker GER

QUALIFIER vs. Paradorn Srichaphan THA

Marc Gicquel FRA vs. Alun Jones AUS (WC)

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA (WC) vs. Andy Roddick USA (6)

Okay I hate that Dominik has to play Igor Andreev in the second round being that I like him and I want him to do good to :fiery: ........................ I hate this draw :ras: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danika
01-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Hello Tasha :wavey: !Ware are all thoughs crazy boys at :p ?

Anyway that really does suck to hear that Dominik might have to play Igor in the second round!Good luck to them both ;) !

Danika
01-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah Dominik is going to play sometime tomorrow so let's wish him luck!Okay I really have to go now :p .

lollipopgirl
01-15-2007, 05:22 AM
:banana: Dominik won a match :bounce: :drool:

jole
01-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Hooray! He did NOT need to lose against Vanek.

Danika
01-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Good job Dom :yeah: !

Danika
01-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Hooray! He did NOT need to lose against Vanek.

Hi Jole :hug: .Are you not even going to say hello to me mate :p .

Riley21
01-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Well done Dominik.

Hey Danika it's great to see you on here finally :wavey: .

tashanv
01-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Great job Dom!!!!Hi Danika im happy your back!And we dont have to worry about Dom playing Igor in the second round now being that Igor lost!

Experimentee
01-17-2007, 03:02 PM
I was at both matches and Dominik played a lot better against Spadea than against Vanek. Against Vanek he was terrible and could hardly get a ball in, Vanek was leading by a set and a break but got tight and Dominik got through on his fight and heart.
Against Spadea he started badly but the improved his game and was playing well in the last 3 sets. Dominik is slowly finding his form and can do some damage if he keeps improving like this.

jole
01-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi exp, riley, danika, tash :) So good to see everyone.

I KNOW Dominik can take Ancic, so hopefully it happens. :)

Danika
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
I was at both matches and Dominik played a lot better against Spadea than against Vanek. Against Vanek he was terrible and could hardly get a ball in, Vanek was leading by a set and a break but got tight and Dominik got through on his fight and heart.
Against Spadea he started badly but the improved his game and was playing well in the last 3 sets. Dominik is slowly finding his form and can do some damage if he keeps improving like this.

No way mate that's so awesome that you were actually at the matches!I had no idea you were from Australia!Who did you get to see besides dom?Anyone interesting?

Im really glad that Dominik won both matches (especially the match against Spadea :ras: )!And im really glad to hear that he is starting to find his form :woohoo: !

Danika
01-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Hi exp, riley, danika, tash :) So good to see everyone.

I KNOW Dominik can take Ancic, so hopefully it happens. :)

It's great to see you too Jole :hug: !

I hope that Dom can win too!But I like Ancic :sad: .I think he's totally hot :p .

Riley21
01-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Way to go Dominik!

I agree Danika I think Mario is way hot.Just kidding I donít think any of the tennis players are hot.Except Maria Sharapova ÖÖÖÖ.Okay maybe thereís a couple of girls on the tour that are hot but mostly I just like Maria.

Okay now I have to say hi to Jole.Thanks for adding me In the bunch.I know im new and im sure all of you have known each other on here for awhile.So I appreciate that you all have been so nice!

tashanv
01-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey Jole did you see the Alex Kuznetsov match last night when he played James Blake?And he also did an interview with the James on espn.He seems really sweet and he’s really cute ;) !I had no idea he was only 19 :eek: !I also kinda like Sam Querrey.I dont know why but there's something about him I like :p .Oh yeah and I agree with you Danika even though I do want Dominik to win I think Mario is totally HOT :p !!!!!

jole
01-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Hey Jole did you see the Alex Kuznetsov match last night when he played James Blake?And he also did an interview with the James on espn.He seems really sweet and heís really cute ;) !I had no idea he was only 19 :eek: !I also kinda like Sam Querrey.I dont know why but there's something about him I like :p .Oh yeah and I agree with you Danika even though I do want Dominik to win I think Mario is totally HOT :p !!!!!

He's soooo cute. His face, legs, butt, and smile. :)

He is also really nice. I've seen him in person twice last year and he seems cool.

jole
01-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Grrr, of course Dominik is gonna be the last match on!! It's gonna be like 4am here or something stupid.

Experimentee
01-19-2007, 04:03 AM
No way mate that's so awesome that you were actually at the matches!I had no idea you were from Australia!Who did you get to see besides dom?Anyone interesting?

Im really glad that Dominik won both matches (especially the match against Spadea :ras: )!And im really glad to hear that he is starting to find his form :woohoo: !

The match was so funny, Spadea was being an ass and got a warning for audible obscenity. Then he swore at some fans in the crowd again and he got a point penalty! He kept looking at us (Dominik's fan group and Slovaks) and glaring every time he hit a winner. He was so frustrated that Dominik was better.

After the match Dominik invited us to meet him at the Hyatt the next day, however it didnt happen as he forgot that he had doubles on that day and didnt have time to be ready.

I saw lots and lots of matches, maybe I'll post a report later. I might be going tonight to see Dominik, but I'm unsure whether that will be played since its raining and I dont want to pay to go in and not get to see anything.

tashanv
01-20-2007, 12:44 AM
He's soooo cute. His face, legs, butt, and smile. :)

He is also really nice. I've seen him in person twice last year and he seems cool.

No way you got to see him twice!YOU SUCK :p !!!!!!!!How did you see him?Was it a tournament or something?

Danika
01-20-2007, 01:05 AM
The match was so funny, Spadea was being an ass and got a warning for audible obscenity. Then he swore at some fans in the crowd again and he got a point penalty! He kept looking at us (Dominik's fan group and Slovaks) and glaring every time he hit a winner. He was so frustrated that Dominik was better.

After the match Dominik invited us to meet him at the Hyatt the next day, however it didnt happen as he forgot that he had doubles on that day and didnt have time to be ready.

I saw lots and lots of matches, maybe I'll post a report later. I might be going tonight to see Dominik, but I'm unsure whether that will be played since its raining and I dont want to pay to go in and not get to see anything.

Thatís really awesome Experimentee.Im so glad dom beat Spadea.I really donít like him I think heĎs a complete and total ass!I have to ask why in gods name would Spadea yell at the fans in the crowd?What kind of unprofessional jerk would do that!

Thatís such a shame that you guys didnít get to meet Dominik at the Hyatt the next day!But thatís really sweet that he would ask you guys!

And I would totally love it if you gave us a report of the days you spent at the Australian Open!

Danika
01-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Bad news guys Dominik lost to Mario :sad: .At least this time he got beat by someone who is good and in the top 10.

Experimentee
01-20-2007, 04:51 AM
I did end up going to see Dominik against Ancic. Dominik served badly, didnt get many first serves in, and his 2nd serve was pounded by Ancic. However his groundstrokes were ok. Apart from his serve, Dominik didnt play that badly, but Ancic was too good. Ancic was on fire and hardly missed anything.

Dominik did end up inviting the fans to a players party, he stayed at the party until about 11pm, but I couldnt go.

Riley21
01-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Man sucks that Dominik lost!

jole
01-21-2007, 06:47 AM
No way you got to see him twice!YOU SUCK :p !!!!!!!!How did you see him?Was it a tournament or something?

Ya, I saw him at the Atlanta and Nashville challengers. :p

tashanv
01-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Ya, I saw him at the Atlanta and Nashville challengers. :p

Wow that's really cool jole :yeah: !Did you get to talk to him?

jole
01-23-2007, 02:44 AM
Wow that's really cool jole :yeah: !Did you get to talk to him?

Not as much as I should have. I got a little shy. :p

Experimentee
01-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I have some pics of Dominik from his first match

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r88/Experimentee/Australian%20Open%202007/AO2007090-1.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r88/Experimentee/Australian%20Open%202007/AO2007089.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r88/Experimentee/Australian%20Open%202007/AO2007088-1.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r88/Experimentee/Australian%20Open%202007/AO2007085.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r88/Experimentee/Australian%20Open%202007/AO2007084.jpg

Experimentee
01-24-2007, 04:16 PM
There are more pics of other players here. I havent finished uploading everything, for now there is only Day 1 and 2 of qualifying, and Day 1 of the main draw.

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r88/Experimentee/Australian%20Open%202007/?start=all

tashanv
01-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Awesome pictures Experimentee!Thanks for sharing them with us :yeah: .

tashanv
01-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Not as much as I should have. I got a little shy. :p

Oh I totally understand Jole!I know I would probably get to shy to even say a word to any tennis player I like :lol: !I really wish I wasnít so shy in that aspect!!!!

jole
01-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the pics Experimentee. :yeah:

Experimentee
01-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Thatís really awesome Experimentee.Im so glad dom beat Spadea.I really donít like him I think heĎs a complete and total ass!I have to ask why in gods name would Spadea yell at the fans in the crowd?What kind of unprofessional jerk would do that!

Thatís such a shame that you guys didnít get to meet Dominik at the Hyatt the next day!But thatís really sweet that he would ask you guys!

And I would totally love it if you gave us a report of the days you spent at the Australian Open!

Here are my reports:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=93876

Danika
01-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow thanks for the great reports Experimentee :yeah: !Sounds like you saw some great matches!

Nedved Rosicky
12-22-2007, 06:38 AM
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/22122007/58/australian-open-hrbaty-miss-melbourne.html

Hrbaty will miss AO due to another surgery

MoiNonPlus
01-02-2008, 06:13 PM
It's a pity :o