NCAA Friday [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NCAA Friday

TFan1156
01-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Record 3-1

Manhattan -5.5

The game is away and the opponent is Iona who lost their top two scorers from last year, are 0-14 and have only once lost by less than double digits. That was to Sacred Heart by 7. Manhattan is 6-9 and 3-1 in conference. Downside is that 5 of their 6 wins have been by 4 points or less, but given the situation with Iona I`ll give 5.5.

Northern Iowa -3

It is a home game against Creighton where Northern Iowa is undefeated. Northern Iowa is 13-3, Creighton 10-5, both are 4-1 in conference. Both are strong teams that have been winning as of late, but Northern Iowa just saw a 5 game win streak snapped at Illinois St in an overtime lose. I see them well motivated to remain undefeated at home and will give the 3.

Rider + 3.5

I see this as the best bargain. Rider is 9-6. They play at Farfield who are 3-14 and have lost 4 straight. Furthermore, Rider beat them by 3 10 days ago. I`ll take 3 1/2 in a grudge match considering Fairfield and the fact that Rider has won 2 of their last 3. They also have an strong scorer in Jason Thompson (18.7 ppg av) who took control late in the game in the last meeting. And another Terrance Mouton who averages over 13 and hits 41.6% of his 3 point attempts.

GL

Nitefaery
01-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Have to agree with you on the first two. Iona is terrible this year (obivously) and Manhattan should win this game hands down. Creighton and Northern Iowa are very evenly matched but I was very impressed when the Panthers took down Wichita st.. like you said they are coming home after a very dissapointing loss in OT and should be pumped up and ready to take this conference over. I would say Rider is the better team againt Fairfield, especially as a dog but personally I have no interest in that game.

Manhattan -3 (1 unit)
Northern Iowa -2 (1 unit)

-I normally buy points so FYI: these are not unique lines-

TMJordan
01-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I can`t buy points at the moment because Pinny cut off U.S. customers and my other book doesn`t allow it. In any case, there is something that concerns me about two of these plays. By 11 a.m. the Manhattan deal got sweeter, from from -5.5 down to -4.5. No way the public is hitting Iona so this leads me to believe some sharp money played them. I got burned last night in a late play on Oregon with the same, went from -8 to -7 and Az St. freezes the ball, their coach a master of stall from the ACC. A pro saw something I missed. Also the deal suddenly got sweeter with Rider, +3.5 to +4. Northern Iowa looks good, jumped from -3 to -4 but I`m hesitant to give that much as Creighton covers a lot and has won the last 5 between them.

Dude I thought you were Bulgarian :p

TFan1156
01-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Dude I thought you were Bulgarian :p

No but a fan of Bulgarian tennis and one day I will stand on Bulgarian shores and feast my eyes on the Black Sea. No doubt about it. :D

Nitefaery
01-12-2007, 10:56 PM
TFan- I feel your pain with pinnacle. Betcris allows you to buy up to 2 points + you can parlay your adjusted lines. They're not my favorite but its still a pretty good book. Also...5dimes allows you to pretty much do whatever you want. I'm using betcris at this point do to accounting problems with my 5dimes account.