Blake versus Moya - Who will win? (Part 1) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Blake versus Moya - Who will win? (Part 1)

switz
01-12-2007, 06:38 AM
So the final of Sydney is also a first round match the Australian Open :eek: and they played at the US Open last year as well :lol:

I'm divided here. Obviously Blake starts favourite based on ranking but Moya is playing way above his rank for his last two and half matches. My fear is that if he wins Sydney he might get caught up in the shock title and drop his game for the Aus Open.

Basically i have no idea :)

Their US Open match was a good match as well. If only Carlo didn't choke up that second set tiebreak so much i think this resurgance in form may have occurred a little earlier.

CmonAussie
01-12-2007, 06:46 AM
So the final of Sydney is also a first round match the Australian Open :eek: and they played at the US Open last year as well :lol:

I'm divided here. Obviously Blake starts favourite based on ranking but Moya is playing way above his rank for his last two and half matches. My fear is that if he wins Sydney he might get caught up in the shock title and drop his game for the Aus Open.

Basically i have no idea :)

Their US Open match was a good match as well. If only Carlo didn't choke up that second set tiebreak so much i think this resurgance in form may have occurred a little earlier.

:wavey:
In 2004 the same thing happened:eek:
Moya & Blake played in Sydney [2nd Rd] with Moya prevailing & advancing to the final ~ Carlos lost the final to Hewitt due to an injury causing him to default:sad:
Moya & Blake were then drawn to play each other for the 2nd straight week Down Under at AO 04, but for unlucky Carlos was forced to withdraw from the AO due to the injury he picked up at the Sydney final:sad:
How spooky are those coincidences:devil:

PS.. Moya & Blake also were to play at Sydney a couple of years back but Moya withdrew due to injury & Blake got an easy passage to the next Rd..

Including these upcoming two matches that makes it 5-times these two have been drawn to play each other at Sydney or AO... it`s freaky stuff!!:eek:

mrserenawilliams
01-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Blake goes in as the fave, and I'd love for him to win both, but I'd rather him lose the final, and win the 1r. :yeah:

Bee
01-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Hmmm, I would just like to repeat what I said in the Moya d. Gasquet thread above ... saves typing it again ;) See below ...

I predict a brilliant Sydney final, score perhaps 6-4, 5-7, 7-6 (4) to Carlos!

Then, of course, these guys will be completely exhausted and the Melbourne re-match will be a fizzer, prob. James winning it in straights, and me seeing Moya go out in the first round 3 years in a row for the last 3 trips I've had to Melbourne, sweating and cursing courtside while watching him!!!
Hmmm, let's hope not. It would be unbelievable if Moya won both - too good to be true!!!

The one GOOD thing about all this is how wonderful on the eyes it will be to watch these 2 guys fighting each other twice in a couple of days ... luv it!

Loremaster
01-12-2007, 08:34 AM
I would love them both to win , I would go with James , Carlos had played 12 Sets and SF in Chennai , Blake is fresh and inform.

Xristos
01-12-2007, 08:39 AM
James will win Syd, Carlos will win Melb.

lordmanji
01-12-2007, 08:50 AM
moya leads five to 3 over blake. but blake has won last three meetings and he's younger and more energy than moya whos coming off semi appearance at chennai(?). im going with blake in two.

Deathless Mortal
01-12-2007, 12:13 PM
I think Moya here, Blake at AO.

TheBoiledEgg
01-12-2007, 12:28 PM
wonder if James loses he'll say "i wanted to save my energy for Melbourne" :rolls:
would he get a fine from Mr Disney then too :tape:

Horatio Caine
01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Moya has more chance of beating Blake over 5 sets imo...as does Nadal.

ufokart
01-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Hopefully Carlos will win both times :angel:

MrJ
01-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I doubt Moya will be able to keep his level for another match. He has played 9 hours in this tournament alone. While James has played only 2 and a half. Should be a easy win for James.

The Melbourne match will be more of a contest.

Adler
01-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Blake, unless sth really unexpected happens. He just stormed to the final, defeating every opponent easily. Looks like the form he's shown in Shanghai is still there

mishar
01-12-2007, 01:21 PM
wonder if James loses he'll say "i wanted to save my energy for Melbourne" :rolls:
would he get a fine from Mr Disney then too :tape:

Yes but Blake has integrity so he wouldn't tank a match (see last year's brutal final in Sydney):)

new-york
01-12-2007, 01:25 PM
please James. win the two matches. :awww:

Blue Heart24
01-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Blake will won both matches.

Carlita
01-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I hope Charly will get revenge for his Hamburg & US Open 2006 losses :bounce:

please :angel:

Miss Croft
01-12-2007, 01:36 PM