Bud Collins' AO 2007 Prediction Watch [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bud Collins' AO 2007 Prediction Watch

Peacemaster
01-12-2007, 06:06 AM
I am officially on Bud "The Wrong Man" Collins' prediction watch for the finalists and winner of AO 2007. Has anybody noticed that he is on a tremendous roll?

Consider yon stat:

- he predicted that Roger would win the CY GS after Aussie Open 06

- picked a Roger - Rafael final at FO and Roger as the winner because "it was destiny"

- then he predicted on the eve of the Wimbledon final that Rafael would win because "we were possibly watching the greatest player to ever play the game and he was on the other side of the court from Federer".

- finally, he picked a Roger - Andy final at the US Open 06 and had Andy as the winner because, of course, Connors being his coach would mean a quick and comlpete ex-player-to-active-player skill transfer via that new-fangled quantum teleportation technology that was developed by the USTA early last year.

An ace, ain't he? Who will he pick this time and seal the poor soul's fate with the Kiss of Death? In Bud I trust.

dylan24
01-12-2007, 06:14 AM
he is an old crazy man

hitchhiker
01-12-2007, 06:47 AM
bud was senile before most of us were born

Peacemaster
01-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Roger Federer is doomed. Doomed, I tells ya'!

It's all hail Federer at Aussie Open
Swiss star embarks on goal of an elusive calendar Grand Slam

By Bud Collins
MSNBC contributor

MELBOURNE - If you’re betting against Roger Federer winning the Australian Open men's singles title, you might also be interested in a wager on Niagara Falls drying up.

The latter is the more likely to happen.

Full article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16599838/

scoobs
01-13-2007, 03:20 AM
Bud Collins was crazier than a cootiebug in a shitheep when Kitty Godfree was making the headlines on the court.

Peacemaster
01-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Bud Collins was crazier than a cootiebug in a shitheep when Kitty Godfree was making the headlines on the court.

Without a doubt; but he's got an uncanny grasp on what's not gonna happen. His record speaks for itself.

:)