Roddick beats Murray 64 64. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick beats Murray 64 64.

Xristos
01-12-2007, 01:28 AM
A-Rods playing very nice..I think he mite trouble Rogi in tomorows final.

scoobs
01-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Murray serving better but the groundies were a little bit loose today and let him down at key moments.

One service break in each set, game 9 and Roddick served out.

Roddick played fairly well, I thought. Federer vs Roddick should be fun given the AO Draw

R.Federer
01-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Getting even, again, for Wimbledon!

Lullaby
Yep good match but too many ue from murray 2nd set. 1st set he had chances but didn't put them away.

I just said in the exhibition forum that roddick looks a totally different player since wimbledon last year - He may be a threat at the australian open in that form!

Homo_Esperanto
A-Rods playing very nice..I think he mite trouble Rogi in tomorows final.

Yeah A-Rod really seems to be in a kinda run. Hopefully he will have the ability to challenge Fed at this years AO

scoobs
01-12-2007, 01:33 AM
I think he needs to go up another couple of levels to trouble Federer tomorrow and in Melbourne, but he could be a handful.

bluefork
01-12-2007, 01:33 AM
If Roddick's ever going to beat Federer, it's going to happen tomorrow (when it counts for nothing). But I expect that Roddick won't trouble Federer if they meet in the semis of the AO.

sykotique
01-12-2007, 01:38 AM
If Roddick's ever going to beat Federer, it's going to happen tomorrow (when it counts for nothing). But I expect that Roddick won't trouble Federer if they meet in the semis of the AO.

I think it's in Federer's best interest to beat Roddick tomorrow. A defeat so close to the AO, with Roddick knowing that he could meet Fed in the semifinals, would be slightly deflating, even if it's only an exhibition.

It's an unofficial match and doesn't count towards the head-to-head, but it could help Federer maintain his mental stranglehold on Roddick.

Byrd
01-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Not much between the two in the match, apart from one guy took his chances while the other didn't

bluefork
01-12-2007, 01:43 AM
I think it's in Federer's best interest to beat Roddick tomorrow. A defeat so close to the AO, with Roddick knowing that he could meet Fed in the semifinals, would be slightly deflating, even if it's only an exhibition.

It's an unofficial match and doesn't count towards the head-to-head, but it could help Federer maintain his mental stranglehold on Roddick.

I guess so. Federer lost to Haas at Kooyong last year and struggled against him at the AO. But then again, how many times has Federer had a loss to someone and then beat them to a bloody pulp the next time they played?

sykotique
01-12-2007, 01:54 AM
But then again, how many times has Federer had a loss to someone and then beat them to a bloody pulp the next time they played?

Don't remind me. Whether or not he loses tomorrow, Federer will always have an edge on Andy in any competitive match. But victory for him tomorrow would be tantamount to rubbing salt in the wounds. "He doesn't even let me win the exhos! Bastard!" that sorta thing, lol.

Veronique
01-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Silly question to ask I know, but has Roger already qualified for the final?

Chrisie
01-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Yes, he beat Safin yesterday.

Jimnik
01-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Yup. In Stepanek, Safin and now Roddick, Roger will have played all of his possible AO semi-final opponents.

tennis lover
01-12-2007, 02:14 AM
:banana: I can't wait for tomorrow, I hope it's a good match! :D

lordmanji
01-12-2007, 02:32 AM
im thinking andy is gonna beat federer tomorrow. andy has much more to prove than federer, got a point away at shanghai, and fed probably doesnt want to extend himself before the aussie open unlike andy who with a win will carry more confidence there. fed'll prob give it a go before tanking if it looks to be going to a third set like he did v murray in cincy last year.

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Andy Murray should ask for a refund from his dentist.

Magus13
01-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Andy Muarry is garbage. He's getting soo much hype, it's ridiculous. Just because Gilbert is coaching him and he beat Fed. Baghdatis, Berdych, Gasquet, Djovovic are immensely more talented. In no way is this sour grapes for his win against Fed in Cincinnatti. Hate his game. He will not win a GS and will be lucky to get a tournament win when there are a bunch of no shows.

merce
01-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Nicely done Andy :D :banana:

good luck tomorrow against Roger :)

LilyRoseAva
01-12-2007, 03:01 AM
yessss congrats andy (roddick)

Veronique
01-12-2007, 03:16 AM
So what time is the final tomorrow?

Chrisie
01-12-2007, 03:22 AM
1pm Sydney time. According to my TV guide.

tennis lover
01-12-2007, 03:41 AM
wouldn't they have the match for 3rd place first, and then the final? :confused:

Chrisie
01-12-2007, 03:51 AM
wouldn't they have the match for 3rd place first, and then the final? :confused:

Mmm.. you are quite right, since my TV guide doesn't say which match is it. Maybe they are not bothered with 3rd place. Maybe I'm just having a blond moment.:D

Metis
01-12-2007, 04:15 AM
im thinking andy is gonna beat federer tomorrow. andy has much more to prove than federer, got a point away at shanghai, and fed probably doesnt want to extend himself before the aussie open unlike andy who with a win will carry more confidence there. fed'll prob give it a go before tanking if it looks to be going to a third set like he did v murray in cincy last year.

Yes Feds wants to be fresh for his dangerous encounter with Phau... :lol:

Björki
01-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Andy :)