Roddick-Safin 3rd round

Blake-Moya 1st round

Horatio Caine
01-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Nadal vs Kendrick again!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

guga2120
01-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Roddick/Safin thats a hell of a matchup.

scarecrows
01-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Uncle Toni has lost his influence

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Nadal going home 1st round, Duckman 3rd.

El Legenda
01-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Fish to beat Ljubicic in straights

guga2120
01-12-2007, 12:14 AM
gee, i wonder if Federer will get out his section, alot of players in there that can beat him.;)

adee-gee
Wow another tough draw for Federer :rolleyes:

Happy enough with Rafa's draw, could've been better, could've been worse.

Jlee
Nadal's draw is rough!

Roddick's could be better. Safin 3rd!? That should be interesting! And in the same half as Roger...ah well. He'll have to beat him eventually.

Horatio Caine
01-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Schuettler could quite possibly take Baggy in R1
Boredo is going early :tape:
Ljubo hasn't got it that easy...nor Ancic :scratch:
Roddick vs Safin R3 = :eek:
Blake vs Moya could be interesting.
Ginepri vs Almagro :haha: Ginepri quite possibly at home in the aquarium :tape:
Murray could certainly make R4 at least...possible meeting with Nadal :eek:

Louche
01-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Feliciano doesn't play Ljubicic 1st round...there must be a mistake.

sykotique
01-12-2007, 12:16 AM
This draw = Federer's 10th Grand Slam.

I mean, he still has to go out there and win it...but geez.

Sjengster
01-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Baghdatis v Schuettler 1st round, oh the irony.

Federer does actually have a losing record against the German legend Phau, BTW....

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Gasquet-Baggy 3rd round looks good

Kalliopeia
Interesting all around. Should be fun, I can't wait! :)

Andre'sNo1Fan
Nadal going home 1st round, Duckman 3rd.
Yeh along with Ljubicic :lol:

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 12:18 AM
also Berdych-Tursunov 3rd round should be fun

adee-gee
Ah crap actually I don't like the draw. PHM vs. Verdasco in R1 with the winner probably playing Murray, and it's all in Rafa's section of the draw.

Jlee

Ohh that should be great. Djokovic in that quarter as well.

RickDaStick
Ljubo got a great draw. Id bet anyone that he lasts longer than Rafa

guga2120
01-12-2007, 12:19 AM
This draw = Federer's 10th Grand Slam.

I mean, he still has to go out there and win it...but geez.

don't see any way that could not happen really.

Horatio Caine

Oh so true! :tape:

I really think Rainman has a chance here...call me daft.

TMJordan

Fish will cause problems, not a good rd1 match at all for him.

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Fish might be playing good this week but he doesnt scare me at all

MissPovaFan
01-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Ah crap actually I don't like the draw. PHM vs. Verdasco in R1 with the winner probably playing Murray, and it's all in Rafa's section of the draw.

Murray can take both those on a hard court I should imagine.

guga2120

Nadal pulling out hurt last week, in that section, ESP w/Blake up there, i hope he does well, but don't see him getting out it. I do think he will smoke Kendrick though, hurt or not. Just don't see him in the semi's. He will be good to get to the 4th round.

Miss Croft
Great draw :D

ohh jmdp vs Gonzales maybe :scared: :(

sykotique
01-12-2007, 12:22 AM

Federer does actually have a losing record against the German legend Phau, BTW....

Fed must have thought he would never get the chance to turn that around, lol. Just like the 0-2 H2H he has against Slovakian giant Hrbarty.

Horatio Caine
Fish might be playing good this week but he doesnt scare me at all

But does he scare Ivan? :aplot:

Truth is, Fish can cause him problems. But that is probably the extent of it. Ljubo's consistency should be too much for him. There again, I could refer you to Exhibit A - "Feliciano Lopez @ US Open 2006"

Labamba
Guccione vs Oli Rochus 1st round should be fun :cool:

Andre'sNo1Fan
01-12-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm happy with Rafa's draw, as far as I'm concerned I know he can beat anyone there......it may be tough, but certainly not impossible. Go Rafa!!

Not happy Marat got Duck in R3, but there's never knowing whether Marat will even get that far so lets just see....

MissPovaFan
01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Great draw :D

ohh jmdp vs Gonzales maybe :scared: :(

Yep! and the winner to face Murray :)

adee-gee
I'd happily take you up on that ;)

guga2120
Federer may not lose a set until the semis.

Horatio Caine
01-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Guccione vs Oli Rochus 1st round should be fun :cool:

Reminds me a little of seeing Karlovic v Rochus live at the Notts Open...everyone started laughing and cooing over Ollie as he walked onto court with Ivo...really quite harsh :o

...but the match-up will be interesting for sure. Ollie was a genius against Karlovic...one of the best matches of the Notts 2005 tournament for sure :yeah:

Miss Croft
01-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Yep! and the winner to face Murray :)

poor jmdp... always gotta choose the hard way for him lol

mangoes
01-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Fairly balanced draw. Andy has the toughest quarter with Ljubicic and Marat looming.

Byrd
01-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Only one hard in Feds quarter is Djokovic, should be easy for him until the semis.

adee-gee
01-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Fairly balanced draw.

:haha: Oh Sheryl dear, Fedtardism at its best :hug:

Jimnik
01-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Dammit, DAMMIT :banghead:

Federer, Roddick and Safin all in the top half. While all the injured players are in the bottom half. Roddick v Safin in the 3rd round is a disaster for both players.

We're probably going to get another Federer v RandomPlayer final.

cartmancop
01-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Roddick's draw is rough... :( I was hoping he would be in Nadal's half...

Oh well, if he's going to step up and win another major, he might as well do it against a tough draw and taking out Fed in the SF is probably more realistic than in the finals (should AR make it past his draw)

Miss Croft
lol i'd love to watch malisse vs clement

sykotique
Federer may not lose a set until the semis.

Yup. He's going to be well rested by the time he meets any real competition.

Did I say Roddick was 2nd favourite to win the AO? I take that back. A 2nd favourite to win the AO doesn't exist.

mangoes

We just can't win with you Rafatards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No complaints about the draw, it is quite balanced......yet, Fedtards are still attacked:p :p :p :p :p There is no pleasing you Rafatards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Byrd
01-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Lol kendrick vs Nadal is classic, gotta make you laugh

FSRteam
01-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Only one hard in Feds quarter is Djokovic, should be easy for him until the semis.

I agree, djokovic could be hard to beat!!! The guy has been playing damn well these last few months!

mangoes
01-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Lol kendrick vs Nadal is classic, gotta make you laugh

I don't think Kendrick will bother Nadal this time.......

richie21
01-12-2007, 12:32 AM

i'm a bit sad that this match could happen so early as they are 2 of my favourites players and while i want Richard to go very far ,i also don t want Marcos to lose too early,that would be terrible for him as he has a lot of points to defend there :sad:

Sofyaxo
01-12-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm not a fan of the idea that Marat or Andy will be out in the third round.

:( :(

mangoes
I agree, djokovic could be hard to beat!!! The guy has been playing damn well these last few months!

Either Djokovic or Gasquet could be troubling to Roger........not to mention, Baghdatis may resurface, afterall, it's a GS.

Byrd

They can only meet in the 4th round, but djoko and fitness don't go hand in hand especially in the conditions he'll be playing in.

Sjengster
A real possibility of another family affair between the Rochus brothers in Rd 2, although I predict it'll be Olivier against Grosjean instead. Federer v Djokovic, Roddick v Safin and Hewitt v Gonzalez are all matches to look forward to if the seeds play their part, and interestingly enough Blake is the same first-round opponent that Moya drew at the 2004 AO just before he had to pull out with an injury sustained in the Sydney final. I do hope that isn't a bad omen for him for the rest of this week....

qczi
01-12-2007, 12:34 AM
verdasco - phm first round :devil: the battle of the :silly:ers

possible 2nd round ancic-pimpim (pts: ancic def. jj 7-6 6-7 7-6 6-7 22-21 ret. :eek: )

btw federer to win without dropping a set :angel:

Flibbertigibbet
01-12-2007, 12:35 AM
This draw makes me very sad. Baghdatis, Federer, Djokovic, and Gasquet all in the same quarter? :sad:

richie21
01-12-2007, 12:36 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NYCtennisfan
01-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Unless Nadal plays really crappy tennis, Kendrick won't bother him this time around. I am assumimg that Davy, Ivan, and Nalbandian will all play but if they don't, the bottom half could really be up for grabs.

Federer vs. Djokovic 4th round could be a really good one.

vamosnadal
01-12-2007, 12:37 AM

nor do I! Different surface and Robert was in the zone during the Wimbledon match, played out of his skin and still lost (even though I admit it was very close) and I really don't see him repeating that form. He's had some shocking results since.

scarecrows
01-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Top Half >>> Bottom Half

Sjengster
Bearing in mind he had to give a walkover to Schuettler in 03, Safin hasn't lost a match in the first week of the AO since 2000 (the tanking incident against Grant Stafford). Roddick has made the second week 4 times in a row, his only first week loss being a retirement against Ljubicic in 02. Something's gotta give!

FSRteam
Either Djokovic or Gasquet could be troubling to Roger........not to mention, Baghdatis may resurface, afterall, it's a GS.

True, gasquet could cause him problems but after sydney, I don't think he'll be fit enough to beat fed in a best of 5, but who knows...

I consider djokovic his first real concern!!!

Chileno
01-12-2007, 12:39 AM
I aprove the draw...let the games begin!

Snowwy
01-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Nice first round matchup for Dancevic I think..maybe he will be able to win his first GS match :)

I like this draw, it looks like there could be some nice matches.

I hope someone can beat Federer, not cuz I dont like him but cuz it makes tennis more interesting if the winner is not predetermined.

I cant wait for the tournament to commence.

Byrd
01-12-2007, 12:40 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ok fanboy, ill include gasquet seeing that hes been playing good recently, but he'll lose to the bagman.

richie21
01-12-2007, 12:42 AM
True, gasquet could cause him problems but after sydney, I don't think he'll be fit enough to beat fed in a best of 5, but who knows...

I consider djokovic is first real concern!!!

at the same time,he won t immediately play Federer just after Sydney like it was the case at Wimbledon just after his win at Nottingham ....so assuming he doesn t spend a lot of time in the first rounds,i guess he won t be tired this time if he faces Federer again as he'll have one day to rest after all his matches :o

Jimnik
01-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Bearing in mind he had to give a walkover to Schuettler in 03, Safin hasn't lost a match in the first week of the AO since 2000 (the tanking incident against Grant Stafford). Roddick has made the second week 4 times in a row, his only first week loss being a retirement against Ljubicic in 02. Something's gotta give!
Exactly. It's a disaster for both of them. They both had a really good chance to make the 2nd week here and recover a lot of ranking points.

Sjengster
01-12-2007, 12:44 AM
at the same time,he won t immediately play Federer just after Sydney like it was the case at Wimbledon just after his win at Nottingham ....so assuming he doesn t spend a lot of time in the first rounds,i guess he won t be tired this time if he faces Federer again as he'll have one day to rest after all his matches :o

Was tiredness the issue at Wimbledon though? The Nottingham final finished on the Saturday, and he and Federer only played 30 minutes the following Monday before the rains came and they had to finish the next day.

Foosimoo
01-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Ollie playing Guccione...this will be interesting. ;)

richie21
01-12-2007, 12:45 AM
ok fanboy, ill include gasquet seeing that hes been playing good recently, but he'll lose to the bagman.

i'm a big fan of Baghdatis but frankly i think it's safe to say that basing on their respective results in the last 6 months,Gasquet would be the favourite of this match.
we'll see anyway.:p

Johnny Groove
01-12-2007, 12:46 AM
I guess Mirka won the naked mud wrestle with Tio Toni and got to pick the draw this time :shrug:

Byrd
01-12-2007, 12:47 AM
gasquet doesn't have the fitness to make the latter round, even if he does meet fed he'll be quite tired by then to even challenge him IMO, also take into fact that hes played 2 weeks on the trot before going into the open...not smart.

Horatio Caine
01-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Was tiredness the issue at Wimbledon though? The Nottingham final finished on the Saturday, and he and Federer only played 30 minutes the following Monday before the rains came and they had to finish the next day.

Gasquet had confidence issues going into that match. As soon as he knew Federer was his R1 opponent, he basically said "I can't beat him." His attitude was all wrong before he even walked onto court with him.

Luka Matic
01-12-2007, 12:48 AM
GL to Đoković and Tipsarević :bounce: :bounce:

Vinceten
01-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Wow Great chance for Frank to win a match in GS :D

Johnny Groove
01-12-2007, 12:50 AM
We just can't win with you Rafatards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No complaints about the draw, it is quite balanced......yet, Fedtards are still attacked:p :p :p :p :p There is no pleasing you Rafatards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you kidding me? Roger got quite an easy draw to the final, with just Djoko/Gasquet standing in his way, and unless he screws around in some match, he'll make the final, losing 2 sets at the most.

mangoes
01-12-2007, 12:51 AM
I guess Mirka won the naked mud wrestle with Tio Toni and got to pick the draw this time :shrug:

What's wrong with the draw?? How is Roger's draw easier than Nadal's??:confused: :confused: In Nadal's half alone, there is the potential for two injury withdrawals from Davydenko and Nalbandian.

On the Davydenko and Nalbandian front, I hope those two are planning to play. If not, they should have withdrawn prior to the draw.

richie21
01-12-2007, 12:53 AM
gasquet doesn't have the fitness to make the latter round, even if he does meet fed he'll be quite tired by then to even challenge him IMO, also take into fact that hes played 2 weeks on the trot before going into the open...not smart.

we'll see..... :p
i would love to see a Federer-Gasquet in 1/4 final,especially as i guess it would be played in night session :)

Jimnik
01-12-2007, 12:53 AM
The one thing I'm happy about is the possibility of Ferrero v Djokovic in the 3rd round.
That could be very interesting.

scarecrows
01-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Are you kidding me? Roger got quite an easy draw to the final, with just Djoko/Gasquet standing in his way, and unless he screws around in some match, he'll make the final, losing 2 sets at the most.

arent Ljubicic, Roddick, Safin considered dangerous player nowadays?

or Davydenko and nalbandian are more scary for you????

only Blake and Berdych (well, after yesterday I dont know if I can still consider him) are real threats on bottom of the draw

Voo de Mar
Blake vs. Moya is a 1st round hit for me notably if these two will meet tomorrow in Sydney's final. I'm hoping their match in Melbourne organizers designates for night session on Rod Laver Arena.:yeah:
Fish vs. Ljubicic looks interesting as well. Kendrick has a huge opportunity to thrashing one of the biggest sensation this year ;)

mangoes

How is Nadal's draw harder than Roger's draw??

Johnny Groove
01-12-2007, 12:55 AM
What's wrong with the draw?? How is Roger's draw easier than Nadal??:confused: :confused: In Nadal's half alone, there is the potential for two injury withdrawals from Davydenko and Nalbandian.

On the Davydenko and Nalbandian front, I hope those two are planning to play. If not, they should have withdrawn prior to the draw.

he has blake as well, malisse, Fena, BERDYCH, Murray, and the rematch with Kendrick.

meanwhile, Federer is a solid shot to the semis, where he could find some trouble with the winner of the Roddick/Safin showdown

Byrd
01-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Kendrick will probably be motivated because he'll remeber how he played at wimbledon and how much he wants to wipe that smug look off rafas face at the end of their match.

partygirl
01-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Roddick's draw is rough... :( I was hoping he would be in Nadal's half...

Oh well, if he's going to step up and win another major, he might as well do it against a tough draw and taking out Fed in the SF is probably more realistic than in the finals (should AR make it past his draw)
Exactly.;)

Homo_Esperanto
01-12-2007, 12:57 AM
What a Main Draw:eek:

Even in First Round very interesting matches:

Melzer-Karlovic --> 2nd Round possibly against Robredo :devil:
Djokovic-Massu:cool:
Ljubicic-Fish:rolleyes:
Guccione-Rochus :cool:
Blake-Moya:eek:

2nd: JMPD-Gonzalez :eek:
Ancic-PimPim :music:

3nd: Absolute Blockbuster

Roddick_Safin :bounce:
Baggy-Gasquet :worship:

and:
Berdych-Tursunov:cool:
Haas-Söderling:bolt:
Gonzalez-Hewitt :drive:

scarecrows
01-12-2007, 12:57 AM
he has blake as well, malisse, Fena, BERDYCH, Murray, and the rematch with Kendrick.

meanwhile, Federer is a solid shot to the semis, where he could find some trouble with the winner of the Roddick/Safin showdown

well, if he has trouble with this guys he shouldnt expect to have a good AO, no?

Johnny Groove
01-12-2007, 12:58 AM

only Blake and Berdych (well, after yesterday I dont know if I can still consider him) are real threats on bottom of the draw

To Federer, Ljubo is not a threat, he is his total bitch.
Roddick, he is a threat, if he plays the way he did in Shanghai
and with Safin, no one knows what hes gonna do, so just flip a coin to see if he'll be beating Fed 9-7 in the 5th or lose to Wesley Whitehouse in straights :shrug:

bluefork
How is Nadal's draw harder than Roger's draw??

If Nadal and Federer switched places in the draw, Nadal's fans would still be complaining about how hard Nadal's draw is compared to Federer's. The fact of the matter is that most of Federer's draws look easy because he makes them easy.

RickDaStick

Surely they arent a problem for the # 2 player in the world? :haha:

mangoes
01-12-2007, 12:59 AM

And Roger has: Gasquet, Djokovic, Baghdatis, LJUBICIC, MARAT and ANDY. I can't believe you put Murray in your list. Nevertheless, the draw is balanced. I really don't see what the Rafatards have to complain about. I'm actually shocked that you guys managed to complain.

njnetswill
01-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Olivier Rochus vs Chris Guccione.

Poor Ollie. :(

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 01:01 AM
To Federer, Ljubo is not a threat, he is his total bitch.
Roddick, he is a threat, if he plays the way he did in Shanghai
and with Safin, no one knows what hes gonna do, so just flip a coin to see if he'll be beating Fed 9-7 in the 5th or lose to Wesley Whitehouse in straights :shrug:

While Fed owns Ljubo, Roddick is his ultimate bitch. I lost track is that 12-1 now?

Johnny Groove
well, if he has trouble with this guys he shouldnt expect to have a good AO, no?

If Nadal and Federer switched places in the draw, Nadal's fans would still be complaining about how hard Nadal's draw is compared to Federer's. The fact of the matter is that most of Federer's draws look easy because he makes them easy.

:rolleyes: Im just listing players that could give nadal troubles. We know that big hitters give him problems. i agree with bluefork as well, Federer's draws always look easy because he own the field, while Nadal's look tougher because he is not as dominate as Federer.

It just like how Nadal makes any clay court draw look easy, because he dominates that surface :shrug:

mangoes

I guess some Rafatards wanted a draw with no seeded players:shrug:

R.Federer
01-12-2007, 01:02 AM
And Roger has: Gasquet, Djokovic, Baghdatis, LJUBICIC, MARAT and ANDY. I can't believe you put Murray in your list. Nevertheless, the draw is balanced. I really don't see what the Rafatards have to complain about. I'm actually shocked that you guys managed to complain.

Well there is a difference because nadal can play all of: kendrick, murray, blake, berdych (if I am not mistaken), whereas Roger will play only ONEout of marat, andy and ljubi.

Roger has an "easier" draw than nadal's imo.

Jlee
01-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Anyone have a printable PDF version of the draw? (random)

Leo
01-12-2007, 01:04 AM

Federer's quarter has some of the more talented players, including Djokovic, Gasquet, and Baghdatis. It also has a couple more of my faves, Ferrero and Youzhny. :p And he has Roddick and Safin in his half. You couldn't really say Nadal's draw is much tougher.

GO KENDRICK. You got it this time. Piggy is squealing and has less confidence than last meeting.

Jimnik
01-12-2007, 01:05 AM
If Nadal, Nalbandian and Davydenko are really injured then we could see Berdych, Haas or Murray in the final.

In fact, unless Hewitt, Moya or Clement make the final, we'll definately see a new AO finalist this year.

Johnny Groove

Murray IS the guy that beat Federer in Cincy, no? he cant be a total clown

While Fed owns Ljubo, Roddick is his ultimate bitch. I lost track is that 12-1 now?

true, Roddick is his ultimate bitch, but Roddick had a serious chance in Shangahi. Im just saying if he keeps up that level of play over 5 sets (unlikely) he can take out Federer

I guess some Rafatards wanted a draw with no seeded players:shrug:

:o

Well there is a difference because nadal can play all of: kendrick, murray, blake, berdych (if I am not mistaken), whereas Roger will play only ONEout of marat, andy and ljubi.

Roger has an "easier" draw than nadal's imo.

true

bellascarlett
Marat - Roddick 3rd round!!!!! :haha: :tape: :bounce:

Just hope Marat makes it to the 3rd round! :)

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Blaze being somewhat rational? I dont believe it!!

mangoes
01-12-2007, 01:08 AM
:rolleyes: Im just listing players that could give nadal troubles. We know that big hitters give him problems. i agree with bluefork as well, Federer's draws always look easy because he own the field, while Nadal's look tougher because he is not as dominate as Federer.

It just like how Nadal makes any clay court draw look easy, because he dominates that surface :shrug:

Oh, my sweetiepie Jonathan:hug: Bitch away sweetheart. I just reserve the right to complain about Nadal's draw during the clay season without a peep from you:p

Johnny Groove
01-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Blaze being somewhat rational? I dont believe it!!

its just the calm before the storm. ive put my supertardism away for a few days. at least until the AO starts ;)

Byrd
01-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Only two people who can beat Federer in his half, are djokovic because fed usually doesn't play as good in the early rounds and safin in the semis because he can have one of those days. Didn't include Roddick because he has more of a chance beating fed in a 3 setter than a 5 setter because he can't sustain his max potential for that long, max 2 sets, and you saw what happened in shanghai.

idolwatcher1
01-12-2007, 01:11 AM
I have a lot of confidence in Andy Roddick making the semis here... He will get to the 3rd round in lightning speed, and Marat... although he poses a potential threat to Andy, I don't actually believe he will be able to break Andy's momentum, then he will have a relatively easy 4th round match, and will meet either Fish or Ljubicic in the QFs... which I believe he will definitely have the advantage over both if he remains in good condition. :)

bellascarlett
01-12-2007, 01:12 AM
GO KENDRICK. You got it this time. Piggy is squealing and has less confidence than last meeting.

:haha:

Oh about Marat and the coin flip...so true. Wesley Whitehouse...:lol:

drf716
01-12-2007, 01:16 AM
go marat!!!!!!!

R.Federer
01-12-2007, 01:16 AM
How come no one is talking about lleyton?!! He has a great record with nadal in australia, and he's in his half (or maybe even quarter)

nobama
01-12-2007, 01:18 AM
I don't think Kendrick will bother Nadal this time.......Why do you say that? According to many Nadal 'tards' he played better at Wimbledon than he did the rest of the year. And Kendrick was still able to take 2 sets of him.

knight_ley
01-12-2007, 01:19 AM
I am very interested in watching this draw take place. I don't know if I'm happy about it or not, but I am very interested by it either way.
Safin/Roddick = :yeah: I cannot wait for that one! :) Also, Moya/Blake should be a good one if Moya's form stays true.

MissPovaFan
01-12-2007, 01:20 AM
Why do you say that? According to many Nadal 'tards' he played better at Wimbledon than he did the rest of the year. And Kendrick was still able to take 2 sets of him.

Kendrick has the potential to become a really solid grass courter due to his serve-volley skills and also he heighth but surely he can't trouble Rafa on a hard surface.

bluefork
01-12-2007, 01:21 AM
I am very interested in watching this draw take place. I don't know if I'm happy about it or not, but I am very interested by it either way.
Safin/Roddick = :yeah: I cannot wait for that one! :) Also, Moya/Blake should be a good one if Moya's form stays true.

Everyone's so excited about Roddick/Safin. Watch Safin be an oaf and lose in the first round to Becker.

its.like.that
01-12-2007, 01:22 AM

:worship:

CmonAussie
01-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Federer has a tough road><..

esp...*Rd 4 vs Djokovic/Baggy
*QF vs Gasquet
*SF vs Roddick/Safin

Lleyton`s got a great draw<:)
...if he can get past Blake then I can see Hewitt making it to the final [of course he`ll need to recapture his old passion]..

its.like.that
01-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Roddick will lose to Cassius Clay.

nobama
01-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Kendrick has the potential to become a really solid grass courter due to his serve-volley skills and also he heighth but surely he can't trouble Rafa on a hard surface.
I guess we'll find out.

Johnny Groove
01-12-2007, 01:25 AM
I also remember the USO when people said that Flip would beat Nadal with his serve, and then when he didnt, the same people called him an old has been.

cmurray
01-12-2007, 01:28 AM
I also remember the USO when people said that Flip would beat Nadal with his serve, and then when he didnt, the same people called him an old has been.

Yep. People are going to be SO disappointed when Kendrick loses. Oh well.

*Viva Chile*
01-12-2007, 01:31 AM
I can't believe that Nadal will face Kendrick again.

Safin vs. Roddick and González vs. Hewitt will be "the matches to watch" of 3rd round

mangoes
01-12-2007, 01:33 AM

Well, since I was one of those that thought Flip would be a complete joke.........and was right.........I'm going out on a limb and saying the same about Kendrick:p :p

Byrd
01-12-2007, 01:33 AM
I can't believe that Nadal will face Kendrick again.

Safin vs. Roddick and González vs. Hewitt will be "the macthes to watch" of 3rd round

gonzalez ain't making 3rd round, hes losing to murray just watch.

mangoes
01-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Safin vs. Roddick and González vs. Hewitt will be "the macthes to watch" of 3rd round

I agree......two very interesting 3 round matches. They should be really good. I think Roddick and Gonzo will win those encounters.

Lullaby
01-12-2007, 01:38 AM
gonzalez ain't making 3rd round, hes losing to murray just watch.

??? Gonzalez could not play murray until the 1/4 finals

Murray has martin

then if win PHM / Verdasco

then if win likely Niemenen

then if win likely Nadal

Byrd
01-12-2007, 01:40 AM
??? Gonzalez could not play murray until the 1/4 finals

Murray has martin

then if win PHM / Verdasco

then if win likely Niemenen

then if win likely Nadal

i stand corrected :wavey:

cmurray
01-12-2007, 01:40 AM
I agree......two very interesting 3 round matches. They should be really good. I think Roddick and Gonzo will win those encounters.

if gonzo makes it through, he'll beat hewitt.

i also think you're right about roddick (though i wish it were otherwise).

Lullaby
01-12-2007, 01:44 AM
i stand corrected :wavey:

I hope murray doesnt muck this up, he seems in pretty decent form and it will be disappointing if he doesnt go at least to the 4th round imo!

Serious points on offer with his 1st round exit last year

zicofirol
01-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Easy draw for Nadal, Federer and Nalbandian, Roddick will not meet Federer in Sf someone will take him out before that.

Gonzalez got intersting matchups but he should be there against blake in 4th round... correction forgot he has hewittin 3rd, that willbe another great match...

The matchup I hate to see is Berdych and Tursunov in 3rd I wanted these 2 to make it deeper into tourney, Murray also has easy draw till he faces nadal, that will be a great match...

scoobs
01-12-2007, 01:47 AM
A reasonably balanced draw, with Ljubicic, Safin and Roddick landing in Roger's half and Blake and Berdych landing in Rafa's half.

Roger's route looks fairly smooth, 4th round against improved Djokovic might be interesting. Baghdatis or Gasquet in the QF? Then likely Safin or Roddick in the SFs so if Safin is really on lightening could strike twice.

Nadal potentially 4th round Murray looks cute, I know Murray's itching to get on court with Rafa and see what's what. Blake or Hewitt QF? And then Nalbandian/Berdych/Davydenko SF.

The main concern is that the main injury worries of Nalbandian, Davydenko, Nadal all land in the same half and if that has an impact there could be a surprise emergence through that half.

scoobs
01-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I hope murray doesnt muck this up, he seems in pretty decent form and it will be disappointing if he doesnt go at least to the 4th round imo!

Serious points on offer with his 1st round exit last year

Murray also has a reasonably kind draw. 4th Round Rafa but who knows there - how injured Rafa is? It's a match I'd like to see. I'm looking forward to this now - getting the draw out always gives me a buzz.

Byrd
01-12-2007, 01:49 AM
A reasonably balanced draw, with Ljubicic, Safin and Roddick landing in Roger's half and Blake and Berdych landing in Rafa's half.

Roger's route looks fairly smooth, 4th round against improved Djokovic might be interesting. Baghdatis or Gasquet in the QF? Then likely Safin or Roddick in the SFs so if Safin is really on lightening could strike twice.

Nadal potentially 4th round Murray looks cute, I know Murray's itching to get on court with Rafa and see what's what. Blake or Hewitt QF? And then Nalbandian/Berdych/Davydenko SF.

The main concern is that the main injury worries of Nalbandian, Davydenko, Nadal all land in the same half and if that has an impact there could be a surprise emergence through that half.

yea, fed vs murray final :devil:

Jimnik
01-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Federer v Murray is a real possibility.

*Viva Chile*
01-12-2007, 01:56 AM
if gonzo makes it through, he'll beat hewitt.

i also think you're right about roddick (though i wish it were otherwise).

Marat+AO+Rod Laver Arena = secure but suffering victory ;)

cmurray
01-12-2007, 01:58 AM
Marat+AO+Rod Laver Arena = secure but suffering victory ;)

i hope you're right.

Langers
01-12-2007, 02:13 AM
Man that draw is just. :eek:

So many great matches early.

Whistleway
01-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Hello Whistleway,

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our General Message/A> forums, our Off-Topic and our Player Forums where like-minded fans get together!

doh !

silverwhite
01-12-2007, 02:30 AM
we'll see..... :p
i would love to see a Federer-Gasquet in 1/4 final,especially as i guess it would be played in night session :)

Someone is getting waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of himself. :tape:

Volandri is no pushover. Let's see whether Gasquet has any fitness issues going into the AO, having played 6 matches already this season and at least one more before the Open. :)

silverwhite
01-12-2007, 02:32 AM
A lot of people are overlooking Boredo. I'm not a big fan of his but I think he's the favourite to meet Federer in the QFs over Baggy or Gasquet.

virex
01-12-2007, 02:37 AM
i like the possible meeting between ancic x pim pim on round 2

tennis lover
01-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Roddick-Safin 3rd round
:crying2:
:yeah: if they both get that far and play well, it could indeed be a good match! :)
getting the draw out always gives me a buzz.
me too! :D

rofe
01-12-2007, 02:46 AM
I coudn't care less about the draw this time. I want to watch some tennis on TV.

Good luck to all players.

sawan66278
01-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Well to begin: the 10-day weather forecast for Melbourne is rather pleasant...82 degrees (28 C) the high....So, it looks like the roof will probably not be closed for the first 10 days because of heat. What does this mean? The oppressive heat may not be as much a factor as in previous years. As a matter of fact, some of the evenings look rather chilly...Looks like Al Gore was right!!!;)

As far as the first two rounds are concerned, Rafa has the MUCH HARDER bracket when compared with Roger. Rafa has to play Kendrick...who should at least take a set off of Rafa, and then, the match everyone is not really mentioning: Rafa vs. Vliegen. This could be a VERY dangerous match for Rafa...a tall, big hitter...and with the heat not being much of a factor, look out!!!

Roger, on the other hand, gets to play Phau (an average baseliner at best) and the winner between Bjorkman and Patience. Come on!!!! To be honest, I wish Bjorkman would just stick to doubles and let a real singles player have a shot...

But after the two rounds: Roger has the tougher draw in my mind. He could meet Misha in round 3 and either Lopez or Nole in the fourth round...and Nole, with the support of his fans, will NOT forget Roger's comments after Roger's defeat of Nole in the Davis Cup...NO LOVE LOST THERE. Rafa, on the other hand, has to potentially play Murray in the fourth round. And I truly believe this: if they meet, Rafa will KILL HIM. Why? Andy has NO HEART, and if he gets down at all: straight set blowout...Just look at his performance in the fourth set of his match against Davy at last year's U.S. Open!!!

In the quarters: Roger has either (most likely) Bags, Gasquet, or Monfils...Bags or Richard could pose real problems for him...Rafa has (most likely) Blake, Gonzo, or Hewitt. Obviously, James poses the greatest challenge...but if Rafa meets James at that stage of the tourney, I think he will finally defeat him...particularly if it goes five sets...

In the semis, Roger has potentially either Lubo, Mario, Pim Pim (who served a record # of aces against Agassi at the Aussie Open a few years ago!), Marat, or Roddick...ALL TOUGH matches...even Ivan with his win in Doha...Let's face, Lubo may be due...and if its it Andy, I hate to say it, but I think he WILL take out Roger...

Rafa, on the other hand, potentially has Fat Dave, Tursunov, Berdych, Hass, or Nikolay....Berdych will be the toughest here. But again, you have to question the mental prowess of all these challengers...remember: NONE HAS WON A SINGLE MAJOR between them...

So, in sum, with respect to Rafa and Roger....if Rafa can survive the first two rounds, he has a great shot to win...Roger, on the other hand, really has his work cut out for him after the first two rounds...

Byrd
01-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Rafa won't make the semis

Alonsofz
01-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Nooo!! Massú-Djokovic in 1st. round :(

Yappa
01-12-2007, 02:57 AM
Rafa, on the other hand, potentially has Fat Dave, Tursunov, Berdych, Hass, or Nikolay....Berdych will be the toughest here. But again, you have to question the mental prowess of all these challengers...remember: NONE HAS WON A SINGLE MAJOR between them...

What do you mean? Both Haas and Berdych each won one Super 9/Masters Series title (Haas in Stuttgart, Berdych in Paris).

LilyRoseAva
01-12-2007, 02:59 AM
draw for berdych

1st taik lee
then smeets
then tursunov ? (im afraid about this match :( )
then davydenko ? injured
then nalbandian ? injured
then nadal ?
final : fed?

Bremen
01-12-2007, 03:00 AM
What do you mean? Both Haas and Berdych each won one Super 9/Masters Series title (Haas in Stuttgart, Berdych in Paris).

I think by majors they meant grand slams...

Langers
01-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Well to begin: the 10-day weather forecast for Melbourne is rather pleasant...82 degrees (28 C) the high....So, it looks like the roof will probably not be closed for the first 10 days because of heat. What does this mean? The oppressive heat may not be as much a factor as in previous years. As a matter of fact, some of the evenings look rather chilly...Looks like Al Gore was right!!!;)
Really? Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday all 39 if my weather channel is accurate.

gogogirl
01-12-2007, 03:08 AM
All,

If James gets past Moya and meets Hewitt - then I think the train will pull in for a stop for him to get off there, unless he plays him like he did in Vegas. Yet - Hewitt is the most expirenced player in five set matches. But w/the way James has been serving - if he can get it to a four set match - then he has a great chance. And may haps if a five setter is ultimately in order at that juncture - he'd win his first five set match. I don't see Hewitt sweeping him in three sets. But first - he has to get there. And we'll see how well he serves in the final tomorrow. That will also be some kind of a tell-tale sign.

Hewitt is at home. He beat James last year in the tuneup before Wimby - has a great record against him - and probably won't be denied. I agree w/the ones that say don't count Hewitt out. If he is all the way on - he will go far in this tourney. Plus - Kimmie has said so. LOL!

There are two constants in any sport. 1. What will be will be. 2. On any given day.

And taken from that perspective, perhaps Roger will not be all the way on his game and lose early. If he is all the way on - he might struggle a little bit in a match or two - but for the most part - he should advance. Most likely, like last year - it very well might be his tourney to win or lose.

I love what I'm seeing from Andy. He needs to keep coming in, serve well and stay aggressive. If he does - I see him in the semis for sure.

Meanwhile - it's a toss-up. LOL!

tripb19
01-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Nalbandian will go out very early.

There will be a new GS finalist from the lower half.

The biggest threat for Fedbot is the current supercharged Roddick.

DDrago2
The draw is interesting but only outside of Nadal's quarter, who again got about the easiest draw he could get. Other parts of the draw look realy interesting, Roddick has the seemingly toughest draw, Federer also got some players that can test him (Djokovic or Ferrero).

I can't believe people talk about this Kendrick guy as some threat to Nadal :lol: With this AO, for me the picture finaly came together: during last four grand slams for the first time in the history of tennis there was one specialy privileged player (Nadal), one who was burdened with additional obstacles (Federer), and others who randomly profited or payed the price for such draws.

Alonsofz
Gonzalez-Hewitt to play in 3rd. round? And Gonzalez-Blake in 4th. round? :S

The revenge of Blake... (DC 2006 :lol:)

*Viva Chile*
01-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Last year all predictions went to the trash with the Baghdatis factor, so maybe what will happen this year, we have to wait ;)

sykotique
01-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Well, now that I sit down and think about it...I think Bjorn Phau got a raw deal. Hehe.

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 03:31 AM
Well, now that I sit down and think about it...I think Bjorn Phau got a raw deal. Hehe.

Not really, he would of lost in the 1st round anyways but now atleast his friends get to see him on TV back home.

DwyaneWade
01-12-2007, 03:32 AM
great draw. But now lets play some tennis!

P.S. 5 predictions

1. Roger doesn't lose a set until the quarters (where he drops 1 to Baggy/Gasquet)
2. Roddick over Ljubicic in the QFs
3. Blake-Nadal is happening people.
4. Berdych is going out early (again)
5. look for 1 surprise SF from the 3rd quarter (and maybe Blake from the the 4th quarter)

DwyaneWade
01-12-2007, 03:33 AM
Not really, he would of lost in the 1st round anyways but now atleast his friends get to see him on TV back home.

who knows...maybe Roger will struggle mentally against a guy who has his number ;) and Phau will play like his namesake

R.Federer
01-12-2007, 03:34 AM
who knows...maybe Roger will struggle mentally against a guy who has his number ;) and Phau will play like his namesake

There is another Phau on the tour? :confused: :cool:

sykotique
01-12-2007, 03:38 AM

I know, I'm just kidding. But still, with a commanding head-to-head of 1-0, Phau could prove to be troubling for Fed...haha.

idolwatcher1
01-12-2007, 03:43 AM
Interesting that ppl have mentioned possible retirements/withdrawals from Davydenko or Nalbandian to name a few, but none so far concerning Rafa... :scratch: Is everyone that confident that he will be healthy enough?

sawan66278
01-12-2007, 03:59 AM
As I stated previously, it appears the weather will NOT be a factor...see this link:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/ASXX0075?from=36hr_topnav_business

Kalliopeia
01-12-2007, 04:04 AM
Interesting that ppl have mentioned possible retirements/withdrawals from Davydenko or Nalbandian to name a few, but none so far concerning Rafa... :scratch: Is everyone that confident that he will be healthy enough?

I don't think his injury was very serious to start with. Just being extra cautious. He's already in Melbourne practicing and has repeatedly said he'd play. So he looks pretty certain.

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 04:05 AM
As I stated previously, it appears the weather will NOT be a factor...see this link:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/ASXX0075?from=36hr_topnav_business

weather.com is very unreliable. I remember last year looking there for the weather and sometimes there was a 20 degree difference from what they said and the actually weather in melbourne.

Metis
01-12-2007, 04:10 AM

Apparently he is :shrug:

Pity Marcos is in Federer's quarter. I just hope he can reach the QF. :unsure:
I think Nadal definitely has a chance to reach the final, if he keeps his head together (I never thought I would say that about Rafa :lol:). As for Feds, worst case senario he won't break a sweat until the SF.

But then again, who knows? Anything is possible...

TMJordan
01-12-2007, 04:12 AM
Over under of how many games Phau will win

Over or Under? :p

Barry004
01-12-2007, 04:14 AM
All I want from this Australian open is for the 3rd round between Marat and Roddick to happen.....that is all I desire.

Fedex
01-12-2007, 04:21 AM
Like Federer hasn't had his fair share of tough Grand Slam draws. Need I mention AO 04, USO 04, USO 05, WIM 06. I woulden't be one to complain about draws Adam, after that cupcake draw Nadal got at Wimbledon. :lol:

idolwatcher1
01-12-2007, 04:24 AM
I think Nadal definitely has a chance to reach the final, if he keeps his head together...
now that's confidence... :lol:

sawan66278
01-12-2007, 04:55 AM
IvanLjubicic...I didn't realize www.weather.com was that inaccurate when it comes to Australia...it seems pretty accurate with respect to the States...What are the Aussie papers forcasting?

And I agree with the above poster...if Rafa can get past the first two rounds, he has an EXCELLENT shot to win the Aussie Open...but let's be honest, most of these "great" match-ups will not happen...

I actually think someone OTHER THAN Roger, Rafa, or Roddick (the three R's) will win the Aussie Open...I just get this sinking feeling that this year will be filled with MAJOR surprises...Could this be the coming out party of Gasquet?....we'll see..

S.K
01-12-2007, 05:29 AM
The Age (a Melbourne paper) has

Mon - 31
Tues - 39
Wed - 39
Thurs - 25

http://weather.theage.com.au/local.jsp

DwyaneWade
01-12-2007, 05:33 AM

I think Nadal definitely has a chance to reach the final, if he keeps his head together (I never thought I would say that about Rafa :lol:). As for Feds, worst case senario he won't break a sweat until the SF.

I don't know...if Baggy gets on a roll he should take a set or two off Federer...

Also it remains to be seen what kind of form Federer will display...no question he ended last season in stunning fashion but he did struggle a bit at the AO (as much as you can struggle while winning of course).

As for Nadal as a fan of his I would be disappointed with anything less than a QF, happy with a win over Blake, thrilled with a finalist (unless he lost to JesusFed), and unbelieving of a victory. Most likely is QF given his recent struggles.

RickDaStick
01-12-2007, 05:34 AM
In Fahrenheit, for those of us who are ridiculously clinging to that system: ;)

Monday - 88 F
Tuesday - 102 F :help:
Wednesday - 102 F :help:
Thursday - 77 F :hearts:

My point exactly. Weather.com says 82 F WED and here they say 102. Trust the Aussies on this one.

Metis
01-12-2007, 05:37 AM
I don't know...if Baggy gets on a roll he should take a set or two off Federer...

He has been having too many injury timeouts during his matches lately. Then again that's not unusual for him...

mickymouse
01-12-2007, 05:45 AM
For Nadal fans to consider a good draw for Nadal, he has to avoid Blake, Berdych, Roddick, Youzhny, Malisse, Kendrick, Pim Pim, Gonzo,(the list goes on)..........you've got to be realistic that there's no way he's going to have a draw that excludes all his nemesis and the big hitters because there're just too many of them.

Kalliopeia
01-12-2007, 05:57 AM
For Nadal fans to consider a good draw for Nadal, he has to avoid Blake, Berdych, Roddick, Youzhny, Malisse, Kendrick, Pim Pim, Gonzo,(the list goes on)..........you've got to be realistic that there's no way he's going to have a draw that excludes all his nemesis and the big hitters because there're just too many of them.

I'd love for him to play these guys. Taking down Blake or Berdych would be incredible for his confidence which has seemed shaky lately. Although frankly I'd rather Berdych lost before he gets to Rafa for the simple fact that I can't stand the guy and would love to see him go out early. To anyone. :)

mickymouse
01-12-2007, 06:09 AM
I'd love for him to play these guys. Taking down Blake or Berdych would be incredible for his confidence which has seemed shaky lately. Although frankly I'd rather Berdych lost before he gets to Rafa for the simple fact that I can't stand the guy and would love to see him go out early. To anyone. :)
If he wants to prove himself, what he needs is a draw that pits him against these guys and coming through it convincingly. Roddick's fans have more reason to gripe about his draw but at least they understand that if Roddick is to win respect as a top player, it's something he'll have to do and not run away from.

Rafa = Fed Killa
01-12-2007, 06:11 AM
Blake in the quarters could be a problem but Nadal has to get over that obstacle sooner or later.

Prophecy will hold true.

brent-o
01-12-2007, 06:17 AM

Ew, thanks I shall not sleep for days :p

R.Federer
01-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Ew, thanks I shall not sleep for days :p

Yeah, the image of Toni Nadal in the buff.... grotesque, no? :D

Loremaster
01-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Roddick's draw is Rock Hard

1st round - no problem
2nd round - no problem
3rd round - Safin
4th round - Ancic/Pim Pim
QF - Ljubicic
SF - Roger

If Andy makes Semis A would be extremly glad ( at least Ancic and Johansson seems not to be in theirs top form)
But I hope Mardy at AO will be like Feliciano Lopez in USOpen for Ivan

And Nadal Draw is Far More Easier (of course if he will plays better than now)
1st round - no problem
2nd round - no problem
3rd round - no problem
4th round - Andy Murray (still I think it could be very easy on this surface)
QF - Blake , Hewitt(he can beat Blake as always if finds his game) , Ig Hewitt Nadal will win, if Blake I give him a chance to change h-t-h in his favour , it at least 3 sets, Surface suits Nadal better than american hardcourts or indoors
SF - Nalbandian/Davydenko ?? but they are not 100% healthy and Nadal even so Rafa could beat them

So the Final is reachable, Nadal has not much opposition until 4th round so he could get confidence until QF

bokehlicious
01-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Murray IS the guy that beat Federer in Cincy, no? he cant be a total clown

Beware of Hrbaty, guys !! The boy owns Federer so he has to be a tennis god :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

silverarrows
01-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Fed will march to semis without dropping a set. :angel:

RonE
01-12-2007, 08:40 AM

Oh come on. There is absolutely no one to even tickle Nadal until the quarters assuming Blake gets that far (which is by no means a sure thing).

Maybe MAYBE Murray a tiny bit but he doesn't have the sheer power game to really be able to blow Nadal away and should they meet Nadal would grind him to the ground.

MariaV
01-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Oh come on. There is absolutely no one to even tickle Nadal until the quarters assuming Blake gets that far (which is by no means a sure thing).

Maybe MAYBE Murray a tiny bit but he doesn't have the sheer power game to really be able to blow Nadal away and should they meet Nadal would grind him to the ground.

:wavey: There's Gonzo, there' also Hewitt who's not gonna give up the AO that easily. Whether he is fit enough is another question.
And you all know what to expect form the qf vs Blake. :tape: I'll shut up now.

Loremaster
01-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Nadal will make QF, and will advance with ease to SF if not to play Blake if so it would be showdown and possibly a 5 set affair,

I want this macth badly !!

MariaV
01-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm not a fan of the idea that Marat or Andy will be out in the third round.

:( :(

Me neither. :( :(

Hehe, you're confident Sheryl. :lol:

mallorn
01-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Surely not! :haha: ;)

Come on though, you can't deny that Blake and Berdych are more dangerous to Rafa than any of the players you mentioned is to Roger. :p :lol:

If he wants to prove himself, what he needs is a draw that pits him against these guys and coming through it convincingly. Roddick's fans have more reason to gripe about his draw but at least they understand that if Roddick is to win respect as a top player, it's something he'll have to do and not run away from.
:yeah:

I hate Marat vs Andy 3rd round. :( And Marcos in Roger's quarter. :ras: Poor James and Charly, they're playing in the final of Sydney and the first round of the AO. :hug:

Voo de Mar
01-12-2007, 09:04 AM
James and Charly, they're playing in the final of Sydney and the first round of the AO. :hug:

It's funny :D Moya said, this never happened to him before. Even if you're 13 years on the tour you can taste something new

silverwhite
01-12-2007, 09:05 AM

Come on though, you can't deny that Blake and Berdych are more dangerous to Rafa than any of the players you mentioned is to Roger. :p :lol:

How is it Roger's fault that basically only Nadal causes him trouble while there is a whole host of players that are "dangerous" for Nadal?

mallorn
01-12-2007, 09:06 AM
It's funny :D Moya said, this never happened to him before. Even if you're 13 years on the tour you can taste something new
I think he'd prefer to taste a qualifier though. :lol:

Blue Heart24
01-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Youzhny will take out Federer
Guccione will take out Nalbandian
Malisse will take out Davydenko
Kendrick will take out Nadal

Voo de Mar
01-12-2007, 09:09 AM

Who will take out Ljubo? :aplot:

mallorn
01-12-2007, 09:10 AM
How is it Roger's fault that basically only Nadal causes him trouble while there is a whole host of players that are "dangerous" for Nadal?
Did you not see the smilies in my post? I was teasing Sheryl. ;)

RonE
01-12-2007, 09:10 AM

Yes but Blake and Berdych respectively reaching the quarters and semis is far from a done deal and most likely neither will make it to even meet Rafa:

1.) Blake will be coming off his final (win or lose) in Sydney having played Moya will play him again. Moya leads their H2H series and all round on this surface especially over a best of five set match I would give Moya the advantage.
Then for arguments sake lets say he beats Moya he could get Luczak in the 2nd round which is no gimme either, Ginepri in the third round and possibly Hewitt in the 4th round who is always tough for Blake and has worn him out many times in the past.
In short, Blake has his work cut out for him, with the baggage of playing 5 matches in Sydney while Rafa can basically waltz his way to the quarters.

2.) Berdych is way too up and down I won't even go into breaking down his possible route- he has never reached the quarters of a GS let alone a semi. He has to deal with the likes of Tursunov, Davydenko and Nalbandian (if fit) but even so he could just as well randomly lose to anyone on any given day.

In short, Rafa is pretty much a lock to reach the final assuming his groin is not bothering him (which I doubt it will).

Blue Heart24
01-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Who will take out Ljubo? :aplot:

Nobody (yeah sure :rolleyes:)

Voo de Mar
01-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Nobody (yeah sure :rolleyes:)

I wish him triumph in a Grand Slam event but I think semi-final is a limit of his practicability.

MariaV
01-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Yes but Blake and Berdych respectively reaching the quarters and semis is far from a done deal and most likely neither will make it to even meet Rafa:

1.) Blake will be coming off his final (win or lose) in Sydney having played Moya will play him again. Moya leads their H2H series and all round on this surface especially over a best of five set match I would give Moya the advantage.
Then for arguments sake lets say he beats Moya he could get Luczak in the 2nd round which is no gimme either, Ginepri in the third round and possibly Hewitt in the 4th round who is always tough for Blake and has worn him out many times in the past.
In short, Blake has his work cut out for him, with the baggage of playing 5 matches in Sydney while Rafa can basically waltz his way to the quarters.

2.) Berdych is way too up and down I won't even go into breaking down his possible route- he has never reached the quarters of a GS let alone a semi. He has to deal with the likes of Tursunov, Davydenko and Nalbandian (if fit) but even so he could just as well randomly lose to anyone on any given day.

In short, Rafa is pretty much a lock to reach the final assuming his groin is not bothering him (which I doubt it will).

Oh yeah and Rafa can't lose randomly to anyone on any given day? Seems he has done that a lot the last what 6 months?

mallorn
01-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Ron, you're the eternal pessimist. :lol:
Doesn't everyone? It's a GS, everyone's extra motivated, especially against the top guys. And given Rafa's recent results, and some surprising defeats, it's difficult to say that he's a lock for the quarters.
I know, see my previous post. ;)

You wrote a post about Rafa that didn't involve the p** word. :eek: :p

vincayou
01-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Terrible draw for Richie. Baghdatis in 3rd round and Federer in QF.

Apemant
01-12-2007, 09:50 AM
In Fahrenheit, for those of us who are ridiculously clinging to that system: ;)

Apropos Fahrenheit... I mean, what's the idea there? Water freezes at 32 degrees, and boils at 212 degrees? Did I get that right? WTF? 32 is at least 2^5 but where on Earth did he (Fahrenheit) dig the number 212? Why not 274 for example? Or 657? Sheesh. :devil:

Joyce_23
01-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Why is everyone whining about an easy draw for Feds? It's not hard but come on, what draw is for him? At least he's in the half were all the injured players are NOT. Nalby, Davy and Nadal could easily drop out in the first round if they are still not completely fit.
I for one like the draw, there are some interesting matches in the first round and a lot of potential for great matches once the tournament progresses.

RonE
01-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Ron, you're the eternal pessimist. :lol:

Hey, it's a shitty job but someone has to do it ;)

You wrote a post about Rafa that didn't involve the p** word. :eek: :p

I'm falling from grace :tape: :o :p

RonE
01-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Apropos Fahrenheit... I mean, what's the idea there? Water freezes at 32 degrees, and boils at 212 degrees? Did I get that right? WTF? 32 is at least 2^5 but where on Earth did he (Fahrenheit) dig the number 212? Why not 274 for example? Or 657? Sheesh. :devil:

IIRC:

Celcius = 4/9 x (Farenheit - 33)

FluffyYellowBall
01-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Oh yeah and Rafa can't lose randomly to anyone on any given day? Seems he has done that a lot the last what 6 months?

The thing is Rafa loses to certain players with certain game plans. All the players he lost to have things in common but i disagree, Blake can lose to anyone on any given day. Sometimes he just loses to himself

fanancic
01-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Hard draw for Mario... Pim pim in the second round...:eek:

buzz
01-12-2007, 10:38 AM

bodytemp = 100 fahrenheid and if I recall correctly 0 fahrenheid = temp of frozen seawater

Apemant
01-12-2007, 10:40 AM
IIRC:

Celcius = 4/9 x (Farenheit - 33)

I know the formula... easiest to remember like I said: water freezes at 32, boils at 212, then you just convert it to 0-100 scale. 100/180 = 5/9, not 4/9, and the constant for translation is not 33, it's 32; so it's
Celsius = 5/9 x (Fahrenheit - 32)

But, i wondered where Fahrenheit dg his numbers? Celsius is simple, water freezes at 0, boils at 100 (at normal atmospheric pressure...)

According to Wikipedia, Fahrenheit took some low winter temperature to be 0 F, and his body temperture to be 100 F - but he even managed to get it wrong, so body temperature is actually below 100 for healthy people. Not to mention that 'low winter temperature' is kind of pretty much a relative thing, is it not? Boy, what a lame job he did there. :devil:

BTW, if you want to get a perspective of various temperatures in Celsius, consider this simple list:

+10 °C The inhabitants of Helsinki turn their heating off. The Sámi, the indigenous people of Lapland plant flowers.

+5 °C The Sámi take a sunbath, if the sun still rises over the horizon.

+2 °C Italian cars wont start anymore

O °C Distilled water freezes.

-1 °C Breath becomes visible. Time to plan a holiday trip to the Mediterranean. The Sámi eat ice cream and drink cold beer.

-4 °C The cat wants to sleep in bed.

-10 °C Time to plan a vacation in Africa. The Sámi go swimming.

-12 °C Too cold for snow to fall.

-15 °C American cars won't start anymore.

-18 °C The inhabitants of Helsinki turn on their heating.

-20 °C Breath becomes audible.

-22 °C French cars won’t start anymore. Too cold to go ice skating.

-23 °C Politicians start to sympathise with homeless people.

-24 °C German cars wont start anymore.

-26 °C Breath can be used to make building blocks for iglos.

-29 °C The cat wants to sleep under your pyjamas.

-30 °C No real car is able to start. The Sámi curse, kick against the tire and start their Lada.

-31 °C Too cold to kiss as lips freeze together. Lapland's football team start with the training for the next season.

-35 °C Time to plan a 2-week hot bath lasting 2 weeks. The Sámi shovel snow off the roofs of their houses.

-39 °C Mercury freezes. Too cold to think. The Sámi close the upper button of their shirt.

-40 °C The car wants to come along to bed. The Sámi put on a pullover.

-44 °C My Finish friend thinks about closing his office window.

-45 °C The Sámi shut their loo-window.

-50 °C The sea lions leave Greenland. The Sámi exchange gloves with mittens.

-70 °C The polar bears leave the North Pole. The University of Rovaniemi (Lapland) organises a cross-country skiing trip.

-75 °C Santa Claus leaves the North Pole. The Sámi put down the earflaps of their hats.

-120 °C Alcohol freezes. The Sámi are angry.

-268 °C Helium becomes liquid.

-270 °C Hell freezes over.

-273,15 °C Absolute zero. No movement of elemental particles. The Sámi admit: "Yeah, is it slightly chilly, just gimme another frozen booze on a stick."

Loremaster
01-12-2007, 11:15 AM

Fish will take out Ljubicic :devil:

Voo de Mar
01-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Fish will take out Ljubicic :devil:

I would like to see this match. Fish is also my favourite, it's going to an interesting contest.

Loremaster
01-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I would like to see this match. Fish is also my favourite, it's going to an interesting contest.

Fish lost today, But I think it will only help him , he would have sometime to rest , he has the game which can truble Ljubicic , he can be similiar to Lopez at the USOpen and Fish is better player than Lopez

nobama
01-12-2007, 12:13 PM

In short, Rafa is pretty much a lock to reach the final assuming his groin is not bothering him (which I doubt it will).Why am I not surprised by this post. :lol: I think you also picked him to beat Fed in 4 sets in the Wimbledon final too, right?

Loremaster
01-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Roddick - Safin will be extremly enertening match , but I think Roddick will win it.
They are tied at 3-3 in h-t-h BUT
Roddick won 3 previous meetings on hardcourts (two in straight sets ) and lost in AO QF in 5 sets giving a really hard fight to Marat , his second lost match on hardcourt was in 2001 so it should be taken into consideration.

What always strikes me when a See matches between these 2 is the fact that Safin had huge problems with reading Andy's serve.

But Both must at first advance to 3rd round, Safin can lose to anyone and B.Becker wouldn't be as easy to take vicotry for granted

tennisgal_001
01-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Federer - Blake final.

Horatio Caine
01-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Marat will really struggle to beat Roddick now that he has a volley in his game...

Horatio Caine
01-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Fish lost today, But I think it will only help him , he would have sometime to rest , he has the game which can truble Ljubicic , he can be similiar to Lopez at the USOpen and Fish is better player than Lopez

Yes and no. The only way Fish can beat Ljubo is to rush the net...and he has to judge pretty well when to do that. His backhand has to be better than Lalo's though :o

I can see an upset happening...but I think that it is unlikely. Whilst Ljubo has underperformed in GS, Fish has been positively shit. Mroe importantly though, Ljubo tends to need just 1 poor service game from his opponent, and the set is practically over. I could see him advancing with 1 break late in each set :shrug:

Besides, Fish's return of serve isn't great...unless it has vastly improved over the last 6 months since I last saw him :shrug:

Horatio Caine
01-12-2007, 12:29 PM
But Both must at first advance to 3rd round, Safin can lose to anyone and B.Becker wouldn't be as easy to take vicotry for granted

Yep, Benny could cause an upset...but you'd expect the man with greater experience to rise himself to the occasion...but I guess this is Marat we're talking about! :rolleyes:

Fed-Express
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM

It's sad to see how bitter you've been lately.

oz_boz
01-12-2007, 01:10 PM

Yeah right, Djoko in 4th and Gasquet in Q, along with Roddick in SF. No sarcasm necessary there. Only Nalby and Safin early would be a threat but such a draw was not very likely.

I can see if you don't like it because some of your favs will be kicked out, but it bodes well for Nadal. Murray most likely to get through and he shouldn't beat Nadal.

I don't think so.

Fairly balanced draw. Andy has the toughest quarter with Ljubicic and Marat looming.

Ljubo notoriously shaky in slams, possibly going out before, Safin more possible to self destruct than go through these days. No Djoko, Murray, Nalbandian or Berdych.

Probably not. No threats for Nadal before Blake in Q and Berdman probably won't reach SF. Fed: just not that many who have threatened him lately so almost any draw would look good.

only Blake and Berdych (well, after yesterday I dont know if I can still consider him) are real threats to Nadal on bottom of the draw

:yeah:

Malisse will likely go out early and I don't fancy Fena or Murray against Rafa. Kendrick - seems like you reconsider his chances in your next post.

So Kendrick perhaps isn't that dangerous?

About right. Just like any Fed draw not including Safin in the 3rd and Nalby in the 4th is a cupcake one.

I agree. Of course PHM or Malisee could "tickle" Nadal but they are more likely to go out early.

:wavey: There's Gonzo, there's also Hewitt who's not gonna give up the AO that easily. Whether he is fit enough is another question.
And you all know what to expect form the qf vs Blake. :tape: I'll shut up now.

I think Gonzo is not that much a threat to Nadal. Hewitt? Come on. Blake in Q is a serious one though.

nobama
01-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey, Hewitt did take a set off Nadal at RG. Not many can say the've taken a set off Nadal on clay.

MariaV
01-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes, Rocky Llegs will di everything for his home GS, and who knows what Gonzo might be up to. :p

new-york
01-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Bjorn. :sobbing:

RonE
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Why am I not surprised by this post. :lol: I think you also picked him to beat Fed in 4 sets in the Wimbledon final too, right?

Hope for the best but expect the worst- have all your angles covered is my motto :p ;)

Given the fact that Roger at the time seemed rather frail when he faced Nadal having lost so many in a row to him I still don't think that was such a farfecthed prediction to make back then :tape:

pistolmarat
01-12-2007, 01:42 PM
The draw was fixed, again.
One would say: Roger Federer for the title! No matter what, you know he's gonna win it.
Roddck will probably fall to Ljubicic.:tape:
It's tough to say, but probably Murray won't stop Nadal, if the Spaniard is 100% fit, of course. On the other hand, Blake has a good opportunity to make an impact in a GS event at last. Will he take his chance.
Well, the only section of the draw where both the quarterfinalists may be a total fluke is.......the 3rd quarter - with Fat Dave, Ollie, Gato, Dima, Haas and Kolya. Obviously, Guccione must get through this draw.:haha:

interesting matchups:
Safin Vs Roddick - we all want to see that:worship:
Kendrick Vs Nadal - the sequel:lol:
Blake Vs Moya - the old Carlos could make an upset here;)
Ljubicic Vs Fish - Fish gonna tank eventually:p
Baghdatis Vs Schuetler - lots of fans cheering there for Rainer:rolleyes:

Loremaster
01-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes and no. The only way Fish can beat Ljubo is to rush the net...and he has to judge pretty well when to do that. His backhand has to be better than Lalo's though :o

I can see an upset happening...but I think that it is unlikely. Whilst Ljubo has underperformed in GS, Fish has been positively shit. Mroe importantly though, Ljubo tends to need just 1 poor service game from his opponent, and the set is practically over. I could see him advancing with 1 break late in each set :shrug:

Besides, Fish's return of serve isn't great...unless it has vastly improved over the last 6 months since I last saw him :shrug:

Yeah but I have seen Fish serve sometimes and I was impressed , he he stays cool he can easily go into Tbs, Ljubo return isn't great
I am not saying that Ljubo will loose but it is hard first round for him and upset is likely. And Ljubo won't be comfortable when Fish will go to net very frequently , Ljubo doesn't have great passing shots nor moves great.
B.Becker could pull out another suprise, Safin is Safin he can turn on his self destruction mode and loose. but I don't want Safin to loose, I want to see Safin - Roddick :devil:

If I was pick most likely 1st upsets it would be :
1.Fish vs Ljubo
2.Becker vs Safin
3.Sam Querrey vs Jose Acasuso
4.Carlos Moya vs James Blake

I think these are most likely to happen :angel: but it's only my opinion.

and my picks (there are based on form of players and My personal opinion - so please do not bash me for them )

Roger Federer - SemiFinal
Rafael Nadal - Final
Nikolay Davydenko QF
Ivan Ljubicic QF
James Blake QF
Andy Roddick Final
Tommy Robredo 4th round
David Nalbandian SemiFinal
Mario Ancic 2nd round
Fernando Gonzalez 3rd round

nobama
01-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Hope for the best but expect the worst- have all your angles covered is my motto :p ;)

Given the fact that Roger at the time seemed rather frail when he faced Nadal having lost so many in a row to him I still don't think that was such a farfecthed prediction to make back then :tape:OK maybe not, fair enough. But I hope whatever bug you've contracted right now is gone soon. It's clouding up your mind. :lol:

sykotique
01-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't know, people who say Nadal would have beaten Federer at the 2006 Australian Open, but you have to remember that Nadal would have had to make the final first to have a chance at playing Federer in the first place. And there's never really any guarantee that Nadal will make the final on a hardcourt.

But the reason this is a good draw for Federer is that with a possible Roddick-Safin 3rd round encounter, and the winner of that likely to play Ljubicic, by the time the semis roll around, whoever comes out of that struggle will more than likely be half-dead, while Federer will have probably lost 2 sets maximum.

casillas_girl
01-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Does somebody know where the hell Mariano Zabaleta is? I thought he might play the Australian Open, but he's nowhere in the draw nor the quelifying draw. :confused:

gillian
01-12-2007, 03:20 PM

:rolls:

Fumus
01-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Overall it seems Roger got a tougher draw.

With Roddick, Ferrero, Safin, Gasquet, Djokvic, Baghdatis, Acasuso, Roberdo, Ljubicic, and Youzhny all rounding out his half.

Roger could play Youzhny in the third round, then Ferrero/Djockvic in the round of 16, followed by Gasquet or Baghdatis in the quarters, then Roddick/Safin/Ljubicic in the semis….woott! All those boys have chance…atleast a half one.

For "my boy" life is tough, very tough, he plays Safin in the third round!! The third fucking round!!! Ouch! After that "house of pain" things continue with Ancic in the round of 16, then his old nemesis Lljubcic in the quarters, of course we know who he plays in the semis if he gets there…I am going to have to "SELL SELL SELL" on Roddick winning the AO this year.

Shifting on focus to the bottom half of the draw, I can already hear people in the GM bitching about Nadal getting an easy draw that's because he doesn't play anyone notable until the round of 16 in Andy Murray, and let me tell you, Murray will lose, he doesn't have weapons. So let's just fast forward to the quarters, Hewitt/Blake(who plays Moya 1st rnd) will run into Nadal I am pretty sure Nadal loses to Blake unless something amazing has happened to his game in the 1 month off season…then Nadal/Blake will play Davydenko (possibly injured)/Tursunov/Berdych/Haas/Nalbandian in the semis. It's going to be pretty hard to predict who comes through that other quarter just because all those slashed players are sooo unpredictable.

Prediction:
My heart wants to say Roddick d. Federer in the semis 6-4, 6-7, 6-4, 7-6.
Then plays Blake in the final winning 7-6. 6-7, 6-7, 7-6, 10-8.

My head says...
Fed cruises through his draw as
Blake makes his first GS final, and gets beat down by Fedex business as usual.

Experimentee
01-12-2007, 03:27 PM
First round matches are all very uninteresting, perhaps Blake vs Moya is the only half decent one, and Gonzalez-Korolev.

Deea
01-12-2007, 03:47 PM
First round matches are all very uninteresting, perhaps Blake vs Moya is the only half decent one, and Gonzalez-Korolev.

:devil: :devil: Maybe Evgueny will bring the first surprise of the tourney :p

DwyaneWade
01-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't know, people who say Nadal would have beaten Federer at the 2006 Australian Open, but you have to remember that Nadal would have had to make the final first to have a chance at playing Federer in the first place. And there's never really any guarantee that Nadal will make the final on a hardcourt.

But the reason this is a good draw for Federer is that with a possible Roddick-Safin 3rd round encounter, and the winner of that likely to play Ljubicic, by the time the semis roll around, whoever comes out of that struggle will more than likely be half-dead, while Federer will have probably lost 2 sets maximum.

Yeah, I really hate groundless speculation. The "what ifs" need to be let go...the past is past and nothing we say now will change it.

atheneglaukopis
01-12-2007, 04:05 PM
For "my boy" life is tough, very tough, he plays Safin in the third round!! The third fucking round!!! Ouch! After that "house of pain" things continue with Ancic in the round of 16, then his old nemesis Lljubcic in the quarters, of course we know who he plays in the semis if he gets there...I wouldn't worry about it--there is no "after that" except a nice week on the beach. :p

Fumus
01-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't worry about it--there is no "after that" except a nice week on the beach. :p

I am glad you think you think so, let me remind that Roddick has the edge in their head to head on HC....

3-2

atheneglaukopis
01-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I am glad you think you think so, let me remind that Roddick has the edge in their head to head on HC....

3-2:berdych: Safin hasn't been hyped enough; I have to make up for this deficiency. :lol:

A ha! Safin has the Australian Open HC edge of 1-0. :nerner:

Fumus
01-12-2007, 04:22 PM
:berdych: Safin hasn't been hyped enough; I have to make up for this deficiency. :lol:

A ha! Safin has the Australian Open HC edge of 1-0. :nerner:

oh really foo...haha :)

Roddick has gone 3 and 0 against Safin on HC since then. :D
S
o

Basically Roddick has won the last 3 times they have played on HC. :D

I think it will be a great match, I heard somewhere that Roddick and Safin aren't great friends. Is that true? I saw an exhibition and they were hanging out buddy buddy just fine to me it seemed.

R.Federer
01-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I think it will be a great match, I heard somewhere that Roddick and Safin aren't great friends. Is that true? I saw an exhibition and they were hanging out buddy buddy just fine to me it seemed.

Yes Marat said that he does not like andy since Athens,and that "Andy knows why".
But since then they seem to have kissed and made up.

Fumus
01-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes Marat said that he does not like andy since Athens,and that "Andy knows why".

Why did they get into it durning that match or sumtin?

atheneglaukopis
01-12-2007, 04:29 PM

S
o

Basically Roddick has won the last 3 times they have played on HC. :D
:ras: I will think of a retort later. ;)

*Viva Chile*
01-12-2007, 04:30 PM
:devil: :devil: Maybe Evgueny will bring the first surprise of the tourney :p

:rolleyes:
:aplot: :couple: These guys are really sluts, these ever-some relation between moya-rafa, rafa-roger, roger-marat, marat-andy, roger-andy (did I miss one??) really cracked me up :rolls:

R.Federer
01-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Overall it seems Roger got a tougher draw.

With Roddick, Ferrero, Safin, Gasquet, Djokvic, Baghdatis, Acasuso, Roberdo, Ljubicic, and Youzhny all rounding out his half.

Tougher than whom?
Problem is that because of Roger's H2H with most of the top players, every draw seems good until it reaches the final where he faces the 3-6 nemesis.

Given nadal's bad matchups with the big serving big hitting players, I think his draw is tougher. He potentially has to play ALL of : murray, berdych, blake, kendrick (or hewitt in place of blake).

Federer cannot meet roddick AND Ljubi AND Safin. Also, he can only meet either Baghdatis OR Gasquet. Also, he will meet either Ferrero OR Djokovic.

And adding Youzhny and "Roberdo" ;) and Acasuso to the list above, somehow.... it doesn't help make the argument that his draw is tougher.

R.Federer
01-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Why did they get into it durning that match or sumtin?

No idea.... truly like a Hollywood divorce, no one's talking. Tom Cruise also famously said that "Nicole knows why" ;)

I would love to know, hound for good gossip!

atheneglaukopis
01-12-2007, 04:38 PM

S
o

Basically Roddick has won the last 3 times they have played on HC. :D Ah! If it's true they haven't in fact sped up the courts since last year, and if Hewitt was in the ballpark last year with "Mate, it could be slower than clay," then Safin leads the clay + AO head-to-head 2-0. But if not, well, we have a DENIAL thread in the Safin forum for a reason. :lol:

RogiFan88
01-12-2007, 04:51 PM

Rafa's head is not his problem.

RogiFan88
01-12-2007, 04:53 PM
The draw is interesting but only outside of Nadal's quarter, who again got about the easiest draw he could get. Other parts of the draw look realy interesting, Roddick has the seemingly toughest draw, Federer also got some players that can test him (Djokovic or Ferrero).

I can't believe people talk about this Kendrick guy as some threat to Nadal :lol: With this AO, for me the picture finaly came together: during last four grand slams for the first time in the history of tennis there was one specialy privileged player (Nadal), one who was burdened with additional obstacles (Federer), and others who randomly profited or payed the price for such draws.

Juanqui test Rogi? You've got to be kidding... what has Juanqui done lately compared to Rogi?? [I am a fan of Juanqui... still, somehow.:sad: ]

Jimnik
01-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Juanqui test Rogi? You've got to be kidding... what has Juanqui done lately compared to Rogi?? [I am a fan of Juanqui... still, somehow.:sad: ]
Juanqui will beat Rogi if he gets the chance. You know he will. ;)

Fumus
01-12-2007, 04:56 PM
No idea.... truly like a Hollywood divorce, no one's talking. Tom Cruise also famously said that "Nicole knows why" ;)

I would love to know, hound for good gossip!

haha me too.

As for the draw...well that's your opinion. I see Federer as have the tougher overall opponents and draw where Nadal has a bad matchup/h2h with a few players in his.

Fumus
01-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Ah! If it's true they haven't in fact sped up the courts since last year, and if Hewitt was in the ballpark last year with "Mate, it could be slower than clay," then Safin leads the clay + AO head-to-head 2-0. But if not, well, we have a DENIAL thread in the Safin forum for a reason. :lol:

hahahahaha....:worship: :worship:

On that logic you win.

virex
01-12-2007, 05:28 PM

maybe andy slept with dinara!
:lol:

Loremaster
01-12-2007, 05:40 PM
maybe andy slept with dinara!
:lol:

NOOOOO you insult Andy :devil: he has good taste concerning girls ;)

virex
01-12-2007, 05:55 PM
NOOOOO you insult Andy :devil: he has good taste concerning girls ;)

i dont know
sometimes we, men, get drunk and do strange things :)

Fumus
01-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Dinara is cute.

http://www.dinarasafina.com/photo/france/6_2006.jpg

Yowwzza!! wooof!! woof!!