Feña is ready to rock the world ... Australian Open Cheering Thread [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Feña is ready to rock the world ... Australian Open Cheering Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Alx
01-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Congrats to Fena for his great AO :worship: I'm very proud of what he did during these 2 weeks.

It's a pity that he couldn't win the 1st set otherwise who knows what could have happened but he played well during the final.

I hope he could play like that during the whole year

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-28-2007, 05:36 PM
I didn't think he has a chance before,but it's still sad esp had 2 sps in the first set but couldn't take it. :sobbing: Why Federer always wins everything? :fiery:
Congrats on him anyway,first time to be a runner up in GS! :)

*Viva Chile*
01-28-2007, 06:03 PM
As I said in GM, I can only watched the first set until "the genious" electricity company of my town did a energy cut :mad: the electricity just comes again since half an hour :o

Anyway, congrats Feña!!! :hug: a whole country is proud of you, now you have prove to everyone that you could fight against the best players at a same level. If he still playing at this level, I see a new n° 2 in the world till the end of the year (yes, because with Roger on the tour, the n° 1 is unreachable).

I hope that ESPN will show again the match, I want to see especially the Feña's speech :D

enqvistfan
01-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm sorry Viva Chile for your electricity problems :hug:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_6300000/newsid_6307300/6307333.stm?bw=nb&mp=rm

You can watch Fernando's speech by clicking on this link :)

And, as you said, Chileans can be proud of Fernando, I'd like to be as proud as you of the tennis players of my country. A hero will come back to the country !!

As I said in GM, I can only watched the first set until "the genious" electricity company of my town did a energy cut :mad: the electricity just comes again since half an hour :o

Anyway, congrats Feña!!! :hug: a whole country is proud of you, now you have prove to everyone that you could fight against the best players at a same level. If he still playing at this level, I see a new n° 2 in the world till the end of the year (yes, because with Roger on the tour, the n° 1 is unreachable).

I hope that ESPN will show again the match, I want to see especially the Feña's speech :D

ChinoRios4Ever
01-28-2007, 06:51 PM
HISTORICAL RUN FEÑA!!!!!
IM SO PROUD OF YOU
THANKS FOR THIS 2 INCREDIBLE WEEKS!!!!!
:banana: :bounce: :aparty: :yeah: :)

ChinoRios4Ever
01-28-2007, 06:52 PM

espn+ is showing the match now
espn will show the match later today

ljubicic_
01-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Fena rocks, he and Ljubo are definitle my favourite players on the atp tour!!

Bagelicious
01-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Congrats to Fena on a great tournament, I hope he keeps it up for the rest of the year! :worship:

Thanks to all those fans who came over to the Fed forum as well, you guys are just as nice as the player you support! :hug:

mangoes
01-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Hello Gonzo fans:wavey: ............I'm just sneaking overhere to express my congrats about Gonzo's fantastic run during the AO. It was no small feat to take down Hewitt, Blake, Nadal and Haas. Gonzo deserves a lot of praise. Against any other player, I would have loved to see Gonzo win his first GS today.

Gonzo is a very nice guy and I wish him the best in 2007. He is already in the top 5 which is a great way to start the season :hug:

steph2790
01-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Congrats for playing such a good match!
Even though he didnt win, he challenged Roger a fair bit, and he had his chances!
He will DEFINITELY be a player to watch over the next year, i have no doubts that he will be in a GS final again this year! :)

Ferrero Forever
01-29-2007, 05:40 AM
What a run to the finals for Gonzo. Federer was just too good on the night, but man everyone should be so proud of Gonzo. He's showed the world that he's one player to definetly keep an eye on this year!!!

yeahright
01-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Feña!!!! So close but didn't quite make it. Still... :hug:

trickcy
01-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi :wavey:

Just wanted to congratulate Fernando and all his fans for his great run to the finals..:)

RogiFan88
01-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Finally I've made it here to congratulate Fena on an amazing Aussie Open! I wanted him to make the 2nd week of all the slams this year... he did NOT disappoint so far!

He fully deserved to make the FINAL after knocking off Hewitt, then Blake, Nadal and Haas in straight sets! In fact, he just kept getting better! If it weren't for Rogi, Fena w have his first slam title... I felt so badly for him, esp in the third set; he looked so tired and discouraged... pobrecito... he actually deserved to win this slam after playing better than anyone else throughout the tourney. I also congratulate Larry! What a team! Fena is fulfilling his talent and I hope his fine form continues throughout the year so that he can make Shanghai outright!

Both Fena and Rogi are very talented players and lovely people! Fena had the best runner-up speech ever, just the right tone, not too much blabla like other guys, and w a touch of humour in a difficult moment. He's a real sweetheart and I want to hug him.

Hope Fena gets SOME rest before he plays his Vina tourney.

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE! VIVA CHILE! VIVA FENA!

I hope CHILE gives him a warm homecoming -- he may not have won the title but he certainly won the hearts of Oz! ;) He showed his immense talent and his big heart!

GonzoFan
01-29-2007, 08:18 PM
I hope CHILE gives him a warm homecoming --

A lot of people was in the airport wating for him and when he appeared they started clapping and signing CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE!!! :D

RogiFan88
01-29-2007, 09:01 PM
A lot of people was in the airport wating for him and when he appeared they started clapping and signing CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE!!! :D

that's great! hope to see some articles from Chilean newspapers and photos too!

Vamos Feńa
01-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Fernando, those 14 days were simply amazing! And the last week was just :eek: :eek:

Thank You so much for it!:sad: :sad: You'll always be as my number 1. So proud to be one of your dearest friends :sad: Wish you all the best in life, you deserve it man!

Sorry, for being so emotional...

PoderShileno
01-29-2007, 11:38 PM
:hug:

:yeah:

DhammaTiger
01-30-2007, 05:22 AM
I am so proud of Fernando. What an achievement to be in a grand slam final. He played fabulous tennis over two weeks this is just beginnig, I am sure he will win a major title soon.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-30-2007, 03:00 PM
It's great to see more people posting in this forum! :yeah:

Ferrero Forever
01-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah, it's amazing what an australian open final can do for a player.

enqvistfan
01-31-2007, 08:21 PM
I hope people will follow him during all the year and not during a month :)

RogiFan88
02-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Yeah, it's amazing what an australian open final can do for a player.

I knew one day Fena w make a slam final... I am looking forward to his year! He can only get better, imagine! :worship:

Ferrero Forever
02-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I hope people will follow him during all the year and not during a month :)

Well I decided at Kooyong that i'll follow his career more closely, so I ain't going anywhere!!!

Vamos Feńa
02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm not so often at net these days, I've got important exams in May so I'm learning...

Of course whenever I have time I just visit net to see how's Fernando doing :) If I don't, I just watch teletext in TV, so I don't lose my contact with him ;)

enqvistfan
02-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I said that because sometimes, when a player is going to a final somewhere, there's a kind of euphoria, in Chile, at the moment, there's the Gonzalez mania. I just hope that the people (not especially people from this forum), who are at the moment following him, who have the "Gonzo fever" will continue to follow him even if the results are not good as the Aussie Open. And the problem with the supporters, is that sometimes, they only follow when the player wins and when the player is injured or collapses in the ranking, there's nobody :(

Clara Bow
02-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I said that because sometimes, when a player is going to a final somewhere, there's a kind of euphoria, in Chile, at the moment, there's the Gonzalez mania. I just hope that the people (not especially people from this forum), who are at the moment following him, who have the "Gonzo fever" will continue to follow him even if the results are not good as the Aussie Open. And the problem with the supporters, is that sometimes, they only follow when the player wins and when the player is injured or collapses in the ranking, there's nobody :(

I have actually been a fan of his for quite a while but have never really posted here much because I rarely post on the player forums anyways. But I keep peeking in. :)

He has always been a favorite of mine to watch- but since his results have not always been that great- there has been less to read about him in the press or less chances to see his matches. But- it has been nice since the fall of last year- because there have been more and more chances to see his matches.