Nalbandian in doubt for the AO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nalbandian in doubt for the AO

marti_228
01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
He has tendonitis in one of his knees.:(

Knee injury forces Nalbandian out of Kooyong Classic
Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:10 AM GMT

MELBOURNE, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Argentine David Nalbandian withdrew from the invitational Kooyong Classic on Wednesday because of a knee injury, organisers said.

The world number eight arrived in Melbourne with a niggling knee injury and pulled out from the remainder of the tournament after losing his opening match 5-7 6-1 6-2 to Russia's Marat Safin.

This is the second year in succession that Nalbandian has had to cut short his stay in Kooyong. He retired with an upset stomach during his first match in 2006.

Organisers were unable to confirm whether Nalbandian still intended to compete at the Australian Open, which begins on Monday.

His place in the Kooyong draw has been taken by Chile's Fernando Gonzalez, the world number 10.

TMJordan
01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
:(

scarecrows
01-10-2007, 05:16 PM
holy shit

that sucks indeed

Joyce_23
01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
That sucks...:sad: Let's hope he just didn't want to take a risk right before the AO.

Deathless Mortal
01-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't like him, but i wish him fast recover, it would be really nice if all top players would come!

marti_228
01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't like him, but i wish him fast recover, it would be really nice if all top players would come!

Finally, a Croatian that doesn't insult Nalbandian all the time!:p

mangoes
01-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I hope Nalby will be fine for the AO. It would be nice to have all the top seeds there. Hopefully, he'll have a fast recovery.

ChinoRios4Ever
01-10-2007, 05:44 PM
he played yesterday with a band is his left knee

let's see if he plays the AO

Deathless Mortal
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Are the Croats so bad? :(

marti_228
01-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Are the Croats so bad? :(

Most of the Croats are "bad" with Argentina, specially with Nalbandian.

Klaas_nalbandian
01-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Please be healthy and play, Good Luck David

Sunset of Age
01-10-2007, 06:35 PM
I wish all the injured players (it's quite a bunch isn't it?) a speedy recovery, and hope for ALL of them to play AO!

scoobs
01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I wish all the injured players (it's quite a bunch isn't it?) a speedy recovery, and hope for ALL of them to play AO!

It really is, when you take both the men and women into account.

At this rate, unless he plays as badly as he did yesterday, Roger will be winning his 10th slam at a canter.

Naranoc
01-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Damn, this is no good :(
He hardly plays any minor tournaments; we don't need him to miss the slams too. Hope he recovers quickly.

RogiFan88
01-10-2007, 07:01 PM
definitely NOT good news...

Fergie
01-10-2007, 07:09 PM
This happens when you use the off season to play exhibitions instead to take some rest :retard:

*Viva Chile*
01-10-2007, 07:25 PM
This happens when you use the off season to play exhibitions instead to take some rest :retard:

Or for to eat like a condenated and not have a good physical work later :o

Galathea
01-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Well, ending later like he did due to the DC, he decided to use the exhibitions as trainning, because AO was close... I don't agree, but it's a theory and the past year it worked for him (SF of AO). I know his PT (worked with him at the hockey selection of my country) and he's great. He was desperate for him to rest, not after the DC, because there was no time for what Barrionuevo (that's his name) wanted to do. But this is why he's putting pressure to Nalbo to not play DC against Austria

And about eating. He's thiner than before. With the right size of clothes you can see it. (he always use oversized clothes, even when he was a kid and was underweight was like that with the comfy clothes) And that shirt he used made him look fatter. I saw him in person here in ARgentina two weeks ago and he was okay. He's not thin, he's bulk big and loosing weight it doesn't work with him (he's PT told me when he's under this weight, he tends to have more serious injuries). He has a delicate body to work with. Still with his physic, he's one of the few top ten that's fresh in the 5th set (a lot of the top can't say that....)

It's funny how few people knows what really a tendonitis is and why it happens. Overweight causes another injuries in the knees, not the one that Nalbo has (this particular case, not saying that tendonitis is not a injury that could happen in overwieght cases, but not this type).
So, I think people should get more information before talking.
I'm 1,75 m and my weight is 53, I had tendonitis when I played hockey a lot of times... And I wasn't overweight exactly ;)

Burrow
01-10-2007, 08:51 PM
He has tendonitis in one of his knees.:(

Knee injury forces Nalbandian out of Kooyong Classic
Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:10 AM GMT

MELBOURNE, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Argentine David Nalbandian withdrew from the invitational Kooyong Classic on Wednesday because of a knee injury, organisers said.

The world number eight arrived in Melbourne with a niggling knee injury and pulled out from the remainder of the tournament after losing his opening match 5-7 6-1 6-2 to Russia's Marat Safin.

This is the second year in succession that Nalbandian has had to cut short his stay in Kooyong. He retired with an upset stomach during his first match in 2006.

Organisers were unable to confirm whether Nalbandian still intended to compete at the Australian Open, which begins on Monday.

His place in the Kooyong draw has been taken by Chile's Fernando Gonzalez, the world number 10.

cool, now he will fall down the rankings if he doesnt take part, with semi points to defend.

jazar
01-10-2007, 09:14 PM
it would be nice to see him at the AO, but if he it is bad there is no point in risking it, that would jsut be stupid

LK_22
01-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Is he scared of an aussie backlash :p

Seriously I hope he makes it to the Australian Open, it would be good to have all the times players there especially if Kolya isn't going to make it :sad:

Kalliopeia
01-10-2007, 10:43 PM
What a shame. I hope he is feeling well enough for the AO. I love watching him play.

Jimnik
01-10-2007, 10:47 PM
They're dropping like flies now.

Washa Koroleva
01-10-2007, 11:36 PM
boo

...any more reasons not to watch AO?

Horatio Caine
01-10-2007, 11:43 PM
It's funny how few people knows what really a tendonitis is and why it happens. Overweight causes another injuries in the knees, not the one that Nalbo has (this particular case, not saying that tendonitis is not a injury that could happen in overwieght cases, but not this type).
So, I think people should get more information before talking.
I'm 1,75 m and my weight is 53, I had tendonitis when I played hockey a lot of times... And I wasn't overweight exactly ;)

Tendonitis is horrible...I have it in both knees :sobbing:

I've only played twice in the last 3 months (limped off on the last occasion) and I'm the right weight.

I don't know how it occurs...but I know that there was a bit of a time period where I played almost too much...could be wear and tear. But in Bandy's case, he didn't play too much to begin with :scratch:

Guybrush
01-10-2007, 11:43 PM
They're dropping like flies now.

I bet all of them will play at AO. David, Nikolay and piggy.

Galathea
01-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Tendonitis is horrible...I have it in both knees :sobbing:

I've only played twice in the last 3 months (limped off on the last occasion) and I'm the right weight.

I don't know how it occurs...but I know that there was a bit of a time period where I played almost too much...could be wear and tear. But in Bandy's case, he didn't play too much to begin with :scratch:

No, he didn't play, but he played since Canada to Shangai (I think he was really recovered, without synthoms, at the DC final), 5 months, give or take, sick. That made him more tired because one of the sequels of this virus is lose of streangh and also dizziness. He was forced to play due to his schedule (and that's his fault) to reach the minimum for the Masters. Still, the ATP is to blame big part because their doctors prescribed some stronge medicines necesary for David to heal, to not give advantage to his opponents, not to get it like the typical dopping case.... but as usual the ATP didn't responde a question about authorization for those medicines (prescribed by ATP doctors, I repeat), so Nalbo decided go safe and not risk a possitive dopping. The result? He had to play sick, without the medication needed (and again, because this is serious not only in this case but as politics of the ATP, prescribed by ATP's people) and that wear him out more than the normal. Probably (at least what the AAT, the argie tennis asociation, said) with the stronger medication, he'd recovered faster.

It's not only the numbers of tournament.. is how (sick, injured, etc) you play them too.

Nothing new from the ATP.... I hate them every day more.:mad:

Allure
01-11-2007, 08:49 AM
:sad:

oz_boz
01-11-2007, 09:49 AM
What's happening? Nadal (although it didn't seem that serious), Davy and now Nalby.

Get well fast guys!

MissPovaFan
01-11-2007, 10:02 AM

Here here! :wavey: The tounaments become devalued sadly if the top players aren't there.

its.like.that
01-11-2007, 10:35 AM
:(