Le Beast bye-bye [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Le Beast bye-bye

AgassiFan
03-17-2004, 05:23 AM
Agassi 7-5, 6-2.

Anyone see the match? Did Count Lightbulb look sharp and loose?

Does anyone know where I can get the vitals of the match like 1sr serve %, winners-unforcced errors, etc? ESPN.COM sucks in that respect.

tall_one
03-17-2004, 07:17 AM
Go to the Indian Wells website --> www.pacificlifeopen.com/
click on livescores on the right hand side, a window will pop up.
One of the options on the very top is results, click on that
Choose what day's results you want
Click on match you want to view

hope this made sense :)

Leo
03-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Misha is the "Le Beast"? Uh, no.

Youzhny led 4-2, 40-0 and started spraying errors all over the place. He showed flashes of brilliance, but also flashes of stupidity.

And who said Youzhny's backhand was a poor shot? Not at all last night. It was probably the steadier shot while his forehand was streaky. He was able to mix up the spins and speeds on the backhand effectively to get Agassi off his rhythm - in the first set at least. Agassi wasn't even able to jump on the short slice backhand of Misha.

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 04:13 PM
I liked Youzhny's backhand a lot. The motion seems a little unusual but it was effective (when it went over the net :lol: )

Andre served in the 40%s last night, in his interview after he was not too happy with that at all (nor should he have been). I was impressed by Youzhny, I can see why he can give some of the top guys trouble. However if Andre had played his A-game during the match, it wouldn't have even been close.

tangerine_dream
03-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Only a few players like Andre can play crap like he did last night and still pull out a win. :bigclap: Andre may be one of the toughest mentally out there, but when he's pulled out of his zone (as happened last night, thanks to idiot audience members :( ), it takes him a bit to get over his annoyance and move on. That first set was disastrous.

He can't play sloppy like this against his next opponents. :scared:

AgassiFan
03-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Andre served in the 40%s last night

He should retire. With his BH not being as good, he is more vulnerable from the base-line as ever. Not that his serve is anything special, but if he serves 65+ %, at least he can conserve some energy by winning easy points.

40% is pathetic. How else is he gonne beat Roddick, Ferrero and Federer?

Disapponting AO loss to Safin. Tantrums against Mardy Fish. After a rest, unconvincing win against Le Beaste. Not boding well for his Slam dreams.

Where do you people find match VITALS like 1st serve %, winners-errors, etc after the game? What web site archives them?

TennisLurker
03-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Tthe pacific life open site has some stats, but they dont have winners, unforced errors or average serve speed.