sydney arnaud! :D [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

sydney arnaud! :D

Via
01-08-2007, 08:53 AM
arnaud's playing both singles and doubles tomorrow. (tuesday)

more news later :lol: <- my happy face today

edit: yes i know the schedule must be out by now, but trust me, i heard it direct from the 'horse's mouth' :angel: lol

btw i also heard the horse himself confirm that he didn't like les poules... but when he started to explain, i didn't understand a word he said :confused: :shrug: lol

but his english really isn't all that bad... should i thank other fans from other parts of the world for training him so well in the language? :worship:

Marine
01-08-2007, 07:09 PM
btw i also heard the horse himself confirm that he didn't like les poules... but when he started to explain, i didn't understand a word he said :confused: :shrug: lol

but his english really isn't all that bad...

:eek: lol
Did he explain you ???
You said you didn't understand a word, but his english isn't that bad ? :confused:

Via
01-09-2007, 01:52 PM
:eek: lol
Did he explain you ???
You said you didn't understand a word, but his english isn't that bad ? :confused:

well yes i was trying to be smart and wanting to get his opinion... silly me :o

no i didnt understand everything he said and vice versa but it's good to know that he could do a basic english conversation because he had more trouble with that before ;)

Marine
01-09-2007, 08:56 PM
It's a shame !!! I really can't stand this behaviour, he looks bad mannered and not respectful of people who work for him. :mad: :mad:
It's good Paulo won. Arnaud didn't deserve to win in these conditions.
I know people who saw him doing the same in RG, in Lyon, Grenoble and who can't stand him now.I can't blame them. If it was not Arnaud, I'd hate him.

esther
01-10-2007, 02:24 AM
nah thats pretty rude that he was doing that hey. hes admitted in the past that he doesnt treat ball kids/ other ppl working on the court very well. just because we like him, doesnt mean we should justify him treating ppl working for him like crap... hmmm

hopefully hes a bit nicer in melbourne :)

Its goign to be 39 degrees on Tuesday. I hope Arnaud and Seb both play on Monday......

Hangdog
01-10-2007, 02:26 AM
more news later :lol: <- my happy face today

I’m really glad that you’ve been having a great time at the tournament :D Though after reading somewhere one phrase, something like “A hilariously looking woman? You haven’t seen me looking at Arnaud” ;) I hardly imagine Via conducting a heated debate with Arnaud, even about les poules (but has he appreciated your French at least?) :p
anyway as you all know, he lost to paulo today (yesterday now) but luckily scraped through to an upset win with mika in the doubles later in the evening. so he remains 'sydney arnaud' for the time being.
Thanks for reporting the freshest news, without delay, and even at the night time :worship: I guess you must be exhausted after a nervous day at the tournament so really, thanks so much.

Well, those draws are indeed too bad :( I’ve supposed him losing in the first round (didn’t he lost to Paulo his match last January?) or, in the best case, in the second – so I’m not surprised. But that’s nice he and Micka won their doubles. If I remember it well now their head-to-head with Bryans is 2-1! :nerner: That top half of doubles draw is a hell though. Bon courage for the next round.
but i must say that i was very bothered by his bad behaviour at the singles match :(

One more thanks – for this detailed story :worship: I don’t know what to say, I think I’m close to be disappointed. “If it was not Arnaud, I'd hate him” – a great phrase, Marine. I’d like to say it like that, too, but I see no excuse for him in my own eyes :rolleyes: :o I don’t care that much about all those ball kids and volunteers (it’s their own choice to work at the tournament so they’re supposed to enjoy everything), the same for racquet tosses (well, I hate it but Arnaud doesn’t tend to try such features too often so it doesn’t really matter). But tossing different rubbish around plus all the other mentioned things altogether, it turns out to be a wonderful picture…[censored]. Though I guess I shouldn’t take it that serious, whatever. That’s only tennis, just fun :rolleyes:
ohhh well.... i am sorry that i got so upset last night.
Sorry that you had to attend a match like that. May it be the worst one for you to visit :hug: Hope you’ll get to see more pleasant pictures in the rest of the tournament!

P.S. Via, one more time thank you very much for all the reports - and also for one about "my man" 's match. Since you've said nothing bad about his game I suppose he has a chance not to be baggled in the 1st round of AO :o

Via
01-10-2007, 02:30 AM
ok one last post before i log out... irina your guy was still practising in sydney yesterday evening. i have some shirtless pics now ;) he seems positive and working hard. i'll post more later. i'm terribly late, i'm missing richard's match just this moment! see ya :)

Hangdog
01-10-2007, 02:37 AM
ok one last post before i log out... irina your guy was still practising in sydney yesterday evening. i have some shirtless pics now ;) he seems positive and working hard. i'll post more later. i'm terribly late, i'm missing richard's match just this moment! see ya :)

Where else could he spend 8 days off he got :rolleyes: :lol: But more photos, that's indeed great :cool: Good luck for today ;)

But it was a total offtopic, sorry.

Via
01-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Its goign to be 39 degrees on Tuesday. I hope Arnaud and Seb both play on Monday......
:aplot: what's on at the art gallery?

I’m really glad that you’ve been having a great time at the tournament :D Though after reading somewhere one phrase, something like “A hilariously looking woman? You haven’t seen me looking at Arnaud” ;) I hardly imagine Via conducting a heated debate with Arnaud, even about les poules (but has he appreciated your French at least?) :p

right....... of course, i forgot. i must look like i had completely melted before the cutest guy on earth :rolleyes: no, the entire conversation was in english. surprise, eh?

Well, those draws are indeed too bad :( I’ve supposed him losing in the first round (didn’t he lost to Paulo his match last January?) or, in the best case, in the second – so I’m not surprised. But that’s nice he and Micka won their doubles. If I remember it well now their head-to-head with Bryans is 2-1! :nerner: That top half of doubles draw is a hell though. Bon courage for the next round.

what can i say? :o today's match against some polish team was a complete disaster. the weird thing was that they didn't lose 60 60. mika looked like he's not well, had a towel with ice wrapped inside around his neck at change of ends, and very sluggish on court. arnaud didn't look like he could carry the team anyway, they just looked like they were giving it up :rolleyes: :rolleyes: even bruno only turned up half way through the match, and couldn't be bothered to give his usual vocal support :o :o

Marine
01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
L'Equipe, today

CLÉMENT

ET LE FAUX MEILLEUR AMI

Si vous aimez les repères clairs et nets, vous allez être servis : « Je ne me souviens pas, dans toute ma carrière, avoir été aussi pitoyable en revers. » Voilà, c’est dit. Arnaud Clément a identifié la tare qui a bousillé toutes ses chances contre Paul-Henri Mathieu. « C’est dingue parce que, normalement, c’est ce coup qui est le plus stable chez moi. Mais aujourd’hui (hier), c’était grotesque. » D’après son frère-coach Bruno, la cause du sinistre viendrait d’appuis au sol trop fuyants. Rien d’insurmontable. « Il va taper cinq cents revers demain et je sais qu’il n’en mettra que cinq dehors. Ce qui tracasse surtout Arnaud, c’est d’avoir ressenti zéro plaisir. »

Via
02-10-2007, 08:48 AM
hey everyone... i've dug up some really cute shirtless pics from sydney, i didn't have time to upload them before going to melbourne. but stay tuned, i'll post them to my photo gallery in a while ;)

btw... marine, irina, esther (don't know who else had read this thread...) do you think i should delete some of my posts, about arnaud's treatment of volunteers at his match?... i wrote them in the heat of the moment when i came home. i'm not sure i should be saying this much now.

higherlaw
02-10-2007, 07:05 PM
i wrote them in the heat of the moment when i came home. i'm not sure i should be saying this much now.

You seemed upset! Is that why you changed your avatar?

Maybe Arnaud reads these messages and will take your comments to heart?!?:confused:

Via
02-10-2007, 10:24 PM
You seemed upset! Is that why you changed your avatar?

Maybe Arnaud reads these messages and will take your comments to heart?!?:confused:

:lol: higherlaw i think you're now the only one left with arnaud as your avatar... so you'd better hope that he does come to read this board some time ;)

Hangdog
02-11-2007, 07:48 AM
hey everyone... i've dug up some really cute shirtless pics from sydney, i didn't have time to upload them before going to melbourne. but stay tuned, i'll post them to my photo gallery in a while ;)
That’s great, just don’t forget to announce when they’ll be on, please ;)
btw... marine, irina, esther (don't know who else had read this thread...) do you think i should delete some of my posts, about arnaud's treatment of volunteers at his match?... i wrote them in the heat of the moment when i came home. i'm not sure i should be saying this much now.
Well, here I’d like to say two things. Firstly I’m anyway really thankful to you for that post because it has a little bit changed my opinion on Arnaud. Not for the worst, not for the best - just changed a bit, but still… The second thing is that this Forum is indeed too public and there are too many people who read it (though not sure much of them would take our posts to heart lol).

higherlaw
02-11-2007, 08:53 PM
:lol: higherlaw i think you're now the only one left with arnaud as your avatar... so you'd better hope that he does come to read this board some time ;)

Really? I am? What am I the last to know? :eek: Is it his attitude on the court to ball kids that has made everyone lose their interest? Someone inform me!

Marine
02-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Via, you know what I think. Here we're are on a public forum, everybody are free to post comments, not only "he's toooo cute" messages. It's interesting when people can share some anecdots we couldn't read in the medias.
And if it's bad comments, it's ok. At least that's objective.

Via
02-11-2007, 09:39 PM
thanks for all your feedback over the weekend. i've just chopped out most of the negative bits lol

i think there's an mtf rule that says posters should not go to individual players' forum to diss that player and upset their fans ;) so from now, i will try to restrain my expressions. we all agree that this is a very public forum, and certainly there are a lot of arnaud fans who are happy to love him (because he's too cute? lol) and do not want to hear negative things about him. so i won't try to offend anyone, was never my intention anyway.

don't worry marine, i'll continue to talk behind everyone's back :lol:

Via
02-12-2007, 08:04 AM
That’s great, just don’t forget to announce when they’ll be on, please ;)

here we go... ;)

http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/vtp/pics/270.jpg

for more such pics, please see my sydney 2007 gallery :wavey:

i still have tonnes more from sydney that i haven't uploaded, but they will be from matches where players were full clothed ;) so i don't think i'll make any more announcements.

higherlaw
02-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Via, you know what I think. Here we're are on a public forum, everybody are free to post comments, not only "he's toooo cute" messages. It's interesting when people can share some anecdots we couldn't read in the medias.
And if it's bad comments, it's ok. At least that's objective.

Well said, Marine.