Return of the Chucho in Melbourne [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Return of the Chucho in Melbourne

Action Jackson
01-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Chucho makes his comeback to tennis at the Aus Open and personally it would have been better if he played in Auckland beforehand, but I understand the reasons for this kind of preparation considering the events of 2006.

Just hope he can start improving these GS results in 2007.

Aleka
01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I hope Aussie Open will be the ice-breaker for Chucho with the GS!!! :bigclap: VAMOS!!!

:wavey:

Action Jackson
01-09-2007, 05:37 AM
Well Chucho should be arriving today in Melbourne and he should have enough time to prepare for the event.

Just needs to get over the hurdle that he doesn't normally play well after a break.

Choupi
01-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Hope the return to competition won't be too hard.

maria87
01-12-2007, 11:16 AM
the draw is out!!! and he has a quite good one to me

first round
Jose Acasuso ARG (27)
vs.
Sam Querrey USA

he is in the part of draw of Federer but the way to him is not so bad for Chucho :)

maria87
01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
well, i don't know...he has some important players to play as i see better now: Gasquet, Robredo, Monfils, Baghdatis are in his way if they progress and if he porgresses.
Vamos Chucho! He improved a lot his game on fast surfaces so i hope he can do a good Aussi Open.

Aleka
01-12-2007, 05:15 PM
I have faith in him!! :D At least R3 :bounce: and even more if his game is as good as we know it can be :D

maria87
01-12-2007, 07:37 PM
I have faith in him!! :D At least R3 :bounce: and even more if his game is as good as we know it can be :D

Hola Alekita! i hope so he could do well! :)

maria87
01-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Chucho plays on Monday 15, third match on court 6, starting all matches at 11 am

Jose Acasuso (ARG)[27] vs. Sam Querrey (USA)

God, the excitement begins! :D good luck, chucho! :)

ufokart
01-14-2007, 05:31 PM
A third round isn't something too far-fetched for Chucho, i'm confident he'll get there :)

Vamos Chucho :rocker2:

maria87
01-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Chucho lost in first round! i didn t expect that!:eek: :eek: :sad: :sad:
he was really playing well and confidente on fast surfaces...he made 13 aces and 44 winner but commited 41 UE. Anyone knows what happened?

takuma
01-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Remember Bercy this year and his first match there versus..Christophe Rochus.He lost. He just oafs sometimes.But why did he have to do that during a grand slam..?:rolleyes:Maybe too little matches played this year, the break too long, his gf being a distraction? Really no idea why..

lau
01-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Oh well, I was asleep because the night before I slept 3 hours...., so it was not that painful :p

maria87
01-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Remember Bercy this year and his first match there versus..Christophe Rochus.He lost. He just oafs sometimes.But why did he have to do that during a grand slam..?:rolleyes:Maybe too little matches played this year, the break too long, his gf being a distraction? Really no idea why..

yes, the thing is he was playing good on fast surfaces after the match with Marat...and he said he was just focused in Aussi Open and so didn't play any other tournament before. It is really a shame to fall down this way as you say during a GS. :eek: :sad:

RogiFan88
01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
what a crappy loss for Chucho vs. that dorky Querrey... now I have to put up w HIM on my TV... :ras: too bad for Chucho...

Chuuuuuuuuuucho
01-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Such a bummer him losing in the first round. All ESPN2 showed of the match was Chucho winning the first set, maybe 5 or 6 minutes, then it was just updates til it was over. From what the announcer said he took his anger out on his racket and broke one, so things must not have been going well. The last two sets went really fast too, so I'm almost glad I didn't see it. Don't like to see Chucho all down on himself, and if he was breaking rackets....oh well, on to the next tourney.:sad:

lau
01-18-2007, 10:11 PM
And he lost the doubles match in the first round...., not that anyone was particularly interested... :p

Chuuuuuuuuuucho
01-19-2007, 01:56 AM
I didn't even realize he was playing doubles in Australia until I saw him in the schedule....didn't have a good draw there either getting the #3 seeds. Sorry I mispoke about the next tourney before I checked the doubles draw...and yes I did care.