Vamos! 7-6 6-2 Roddick over Safin! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Vamos! 7-6 6-2 Roddick over Safin!

tennisIlove09
03-15-2004, 10:42 PM
How sweet revenge is! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Arod617
03-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Yup, congrats Andy, keep on moving through!!!!

tangerine_dream
03-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Brilliant playing Andy! Nice to see him finally win one over Marat. He needed to do that. :worship:

But more troubles await Andy....Tim Henman is waiting in the wings for him, no longer troubled by meeting up with a certain Aussie boy. Oh dear. :tape:

Jessi
03-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Congrats to Andy and his fans. Very well deserved!

Siva
03-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Congrats Andy

Marat :(

Billabong
03-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Marat:(! Good effort though:)!

Mr. Man
03-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Well done Roddick! :bounce:

faboozadoo15
03-15-2004, 11:03 PM
great win andy!

MisterQ
03-15-2004, 11:10 PM
A big win for Andy in what could become an exciting rivalry!

henree
03-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Good for Andy, as soon as I heard the result my mouth started watering at the thought of Roddick vs Hewitt. But Hewitt goes and flakes out on me :mad: . The important thing is at least Roddick got over the Safin hump. Next up is the Fed's...

Nishy
03-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Congrats Andy!
That was nice match.

Keep going Andy!

asotgod
03-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Good job by Andy Roddick though I am not a fan of his. But I have to say that's the best he can ever play. He cannot play better than that. He was serving well, serving and volleying well, and was taking the second serves early. In addition, he was hitting his backhands flat which was pretty impressive and was hustling well.

Safin did not play bad neither did he play good either but he cannot expect a point to be over until it is over. He was taking many important points for granted.

1. He was up a break in the first set and should have taking his points seriously. With some silly errors, he drops the break.

2. Roddick was serving cleverly, especially on the AD side where he was going to Safin's backhand. So, which so much kick on the second serve of Roddick or the flat first serves directed to the backhand side, Roddick could come in and try to volley, which he did extremely well.

3. That coupled with the returns of serve on the 2nd which he was taking early and coming to the net on flustered Safin. So, good strategic play by Roddick.

4. In the tiebreak, Safin made some clearly blunt errors, some of them with Roddick out of place completely. Safin was making wrong decisions on his own shots especially at the crucial points.

So, Roddick did everything well strategy wise, and in maximising his game. His brute force on his serve definitely helped set up many points for him to volley just like Sampras. He should have no problem with Henman except Henman sorts of passes well and frustrates him. Kudos to Brad for those strategic changes especially when you have a serve as fast as that.

J. Corwin
03-16-2004, 12:24 AM
nice win for Andy

heya
03-16-2004, 01:37 AM
"Hewitt goes and flakes out on me."
Really? Chela did what?

"In the tiebreak, Safin made some clearly blunt errors, some of them with Roddick out of place completely."

"He cannot play better than that. But I have to say that's the best he can ever play."
Sounds like Michal and Ilhame. AR fans must be hallucinating. :haha:

tennischick
03-16-2004, 02:01 AM
:mad: :fiery: :mad:

good to see that the Duck's back is healed...an excuse erased...:p

Yonge
03-16-2004, 02:10 AM
Great win Andy!!! :) Now don't give Spadea the double.

WyveN
03-16-2004, 02:21 AM
wow.......if roddick played like this in AO all of my predictions wouldnt be screwed up ;)

hopefully there is a federer-roddick final

heya
03-16-2004, 03:09 AM
Baldy had a horrible excuse at San Jose

MisterQ
03-16-2004, 03:23 AM
heya don't make me get out my can of whoop-ass!

tangerine_dream
03-16-2004, 03:26 AM
And if Q's can of whoop-ass doesn't work, I'll bust out my can of stomp-ass. ;)

Respect The Man Andre! :worship:

Havok
03-16-2004, 04:11 AM
:rocker2:

heya
03-16-2004, 04:29 AM
*bends over

Jessi
03-16-2004, 04:30 AM
"Hewitt goes and flakes out on me."
Really? Chela did what?

"In the tiebreak, Safin made some clearly blunt errors, some of them with Roddick out of place completely."

"He cannot play better than that. But I have to say that's the best he can ever play."
Sounds like Michal and Ilhame. AR fans must be hallucinating. :haha:

geez, can you be anymore opaque in your posts...

drf716
03-16-2004, 05:27 AM
:(

Deboogle!.
03-16-2004, 05:42 AM
wow.......if roddick played like this in AO all of my predictions wouldnt be screwed up ;)

LOL wyver... well what's good is that Andy learned from his mistakes in AO, where he played a good match but not quite good enough. I mean... I've never seen Andy go to the net that much, and he won around 75% of the points up there. I mean come on that's just :eek: where Andy is concerned lol. Props to him for being willing to go out of his normal element and take the risk to try to change the outcome. And it clearly worked. Marat may not have been his very best today, but credit to him for still forcing Andy to play great and take risks in order to get the win.

I'm very proud of Andy :yeah: And I do like Marat more and more each time I see him. You can just tell he's a great personality.

WyveN
03-16-2004, 05:43 AM
geez, can you be anymore opaque in your posts...

dont use such big words with heya

WyveN
03-16-2004, 05:46 AM
LOL wyver... well what's good is that Andy learned from his mistakes in AO, where he played a good match but not quite good enough. I mean... I've never seen Andy go to the net that much, and he won around 75% of the points up there. I mean come on that's just :eek: where Andy is concerned lol. Props to him for being willing to go out of his normal element and take the risk to try to change the outcome. And it clearly worked. Marat may not have been his very best today, but credit to him for still forcing Andy to play great and take risks in order to get the win.

Yeah. credit for andy for realising that blasting marat from the back of the court wasn't exactly working and changing his gamestyle accordingly.
Safin was probably prepared for long, powerful rallies so Andy at the net might have put him off his game

Deboogle!.
03-16-2004, 05:51 AM
Yes, there were a few points where after Andy went to the net and did something uncharacteristic where it clearly rattled Marat. But Andy deserves credit, not for realizing this, but for actually having the guts to go out there and successfully execute it, no? I mean Andy volleyed a lot but most of his volleys actually went in the court/over the net, whereas we all know that he's netted/overhit/hit out tons and tons of volleys. The risks he took all could have backfired, but they didn't. And that's why Andy impressed me so much today.

heya
03-16-2004, 06:20 AM
Reach the semis, and earn a few points.
:rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
03-16-2004, 06:30 AM
dont use such big words with heya
In fact, don't feed the crazy people at all. It's not good for them, and it's a waste of your time.

merle
03-16-2004, 06:42 AM
Congrats to Andy and all Andy fans! :yeah: Great match! Andy has really become a great personality! :bowdown: :bowdown:

tangerine_dream
03-16-2004, 02:55 PM
and I do like Marat more and more each time I see him.

Every time Marat loses, I like him more and more, too. ;)

Leo
03-16-2004, 02:58 PM
The first set was brilliant. Unfortunately Marat was a no-show in the second. But Andy deserved the win for his superior net play (my god, did he actually hit multiple volley winners in a match?!).

I look forward to Escude/Roddick.

Deboogle!.
03-16-2004, 03:03 PM
(my god, did he actually hit multiple volley winners in a match?!).

Yes, can you believe it? :eek:

Ok I looked at the highlights video I made for Roddick Online.... 5 volley winners and 2 volleys that forced errors from Marat. I might've missed one or two other net points when I forgot to hit record after a commercial break lol

J. Corwin
03-17-2004, 06:01 AM
And they were "good" volleys too. ;)