Who Will Win Threads [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who Will Win Threads

El Legenda
01-05-2007, 04:03 AM
Can we keep those in Current tournament section this year...just takes up space in GM.

Deboogle!.
01-05-2007, 04:45 AM
Can we keep those in Current tournament section this year...just takes up space in GM.The match result threads are even worse and more numerous. We're having those now for matches where the result was basically a foregone conclusion and even doubles matches :shrug:

El Legenda
01-05-2007, 05:42 AM
The match result threads are even worse and more numerous. We're having those now for matches where the result was basically a foregone conclusion and even doubles matches :shrug:

well some of those can stay, but yes most can go. whats the point of Federer def a Blind guy 6-0 6-1 :D

tangerine_dream
01-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I've noticed that some of the "Who will win" threads often segue into a live match scoring thread and then end up as a results thread. :lol:

shotgun
01-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Well, live score threads aren't allowed in GM (there are already threads for this in the tournament forum), but I don't see the problem in having pre-match or post-match threads there.

If you think it's taking up too much space, then a solution would be to start merging the post-match threads into the pre-match threads, then there would be only one thread about each match. Don't know how the general acceptance of this idea would be, though.

El Legenda
01-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Well, live score threads aren't allowed in GM (there are already threads for this in the tournament forum), but I don't see the problem in having pre-match or post-match threads there.

If you think it's taking up too much space, then a solution would be to start merging the post-match threads into the pre-match threads, then there would be only one thread about each match. Don't know how the general acceptance of this idea would be, though.

would the merging mess with v-Cash :D

shotgun
01-06-2007, 12:59 AM
would the merging mess with v-Cash :D

For the starter of the post-match thread, yes. I think it's about $50 you lose when your thread gets merged into another one. :p

Deboogle!.
01-06-2007, 01:07 AM
well for me personally it's not the "big matches" (the ones that would be more likely to have a pre-match poll and a post-match thread anyway) that are annoying, it's the Nadal def Sanguinetti and the Nadal doubles and Ljubicic beats whoever 1 and 0 and stuff that I find are unnecessary. I mean what is there to say? the results were never in doubt :lol:

El Legenda
01-06-2007, 01:30 AM
well for me personally it's not the "big matches" (the ones that would be more likely to have a pre-match poll and a post-match thread anyway) that are annoying, it's the Nadal def Sanguinetti and the Nadal doubles and Ljubicic beats whoever 1 and 0 and stuff that I find are unnecessary. I mean what is there to say? the results were never in doubt :lol:

every Ljubicic thread in GM turns into a war :lol: i start the fire ;)

RickDaStick
01-06-2007, 01:55 AM
I agree with Deb theres no problem with important matches getting post match threads on GM but just a few days ago i believe it was MrSerenaWilliams who posted every match result from Doha and i even saw a doubles score from Nadals match. Those wont generate much conversation and just seem to clog the GM section.

Deboogle!.
01-06-2007, 01:56 AM
if you and I can completely agree on something, that says a lot :p

El Legenda
01-06-2007, 02:12 AM
if you and I can completely agree on something, that says a lot :p

Dont listen to him, he doesnt know what he is saying, he still in shock that i beat him in Grand Slam of Ping Pong....3-6 7-6 6-1 6-7 8-6 we play tennis rules :lol:

RickDaStick
01-06-2007, 02:16 AM
Dont listen to him, he doesnt know what he is saying, he still in shock that i beat him in Grand Slam of Ping Pong....3-6 7-6 6-1 6-7 8-6 we play tennis rules :lol:

:retard:

El Legenda
01-06-2007, 06:23 AM
:retard:

WHAT!?!?! you're lucky im going back to school tomorrow. :boxing: