Suicide Sugestions/Feedback Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Suicide Sugestions/Feedback Thread

superhoops
01-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Post anything you want here of relevance and if it is a decent sugestion the SMB (Suicide Board Members) will talk about it.

ExcaliburII
02-12-2007, 11:33 PM
We have to decide the ranking system for suicide.
I think it should be the best 18 tournaments with no mandatory events.

yemok
02-13-2007, 10:35 AM
We have to decide the ranking system for suicide.
I think it should be the best 18 tournaments with no mandatory events.

I think we don't have to limit the rankings to 18 tournaments, or to 4GS + 9 TMS + the best 5 from the rest. The game of Suicide Tennis is very simple, everybody can play in every tournament and more than one players can win the tournament, more than 4 can reach the semifinals, so we just can add the points from every tourney and have a fresh start of the ranking @ the beginning of every year.

:wavey:

ExcaliburII
02-13-2007, 12:31 PM
I think we should put some type of restriction because if not the one who most plays is the one of best ranking.

Blue Heart24
02-13-2007, 01:55 PM
So,the final decision is?
I agree with yemok,i think that's a good idea.
But if his idea is not good for the rest,then I'm for ATP system.

Blue Heart24
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
My opinion has to be considered.
Well,I'm a Top 10 player :p

Regenbogen
02-13-2007, 03:40 PM
I think someone needs to decide what's actually going on with the picks deadline thing :tape: I'm for keeping it how it is; I didn't like the idea at first but it seems to work. Not picking in time counts as forgetting which according to the rules is a perfectly good reason to die :p

superhoops
02-13-2007, 04:20 PM
I think someone needs to decide what's actually going on with the picks deadline thing :tape: I'm for keeping it how it is; I didn't like the idea at first but it seems to work. Not picking in time counts as forgetting which according to the rules is a perfectly good reason to die :p

In tournies I run i don't accept picks from people who send them after the first match is played, keeps it simple and saves my time/work.

superhoops
02-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Also i think the ranking system should stay as it is. You don't need rankings to get into tournies so its basically a like the ATP race with whoever performs best throughout the year gets the top spot with the tournies along the way.

scarecrows
02-13-2007, 04:30 PM
I think we should put some type of restriction because if not the one who most plays is the one of best ranking.

I agree, I think 18 tournaments throughout the season can be a good option

4 GS, 9 Masters and the best 5 IS

but in case someone misses a GS or a Masters he can have other ISs added

ExcaliburII
02-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Also i think the ranking system should stay as it is. You don't need rankings to get into tournies so its basically a like the ATP race with whoever performs best throughout the year gets the top spot with the tournies along the way.

The Atp Race restricts to 4 gs 9 ms plus 5 Is.
I think the best shouldn`t be the one who plays more, the one who plays better.

Regenbogen
02-13-2007, 07:51 PM
In tournies I run i don't accept picks from people who send them after the first match is played, keeps it simple and saves my time/work.

Yes but people have Issues with that :o

yemok
02-14-2007, 09:01 AM

The Atp Race restricts to 4 gs 9 ms plus 5 Is.
I think the best shouldn`t be the one who plays more, the one who plays better.

that's completely not true :)
the one with the best ranking is the player with the best performance, not with the most participations (look at the ranking ;) )
ATP has restrictions, but we are not ATP, in ATP it is impossible to play every week because of fatique, illness etc.
such reasons are not reasonable in this game
everybody can play every week and there is no draw-limit (as in the Tennis Tipping for example)
so I think it's not necessary to restrict the performance of everybody to 13 or 18 tournaments

yemok
02-14-2007, 09:10 AM
If you are poor at the important tournaments (GS, TMS) it's impossible to recover with plenty of minor tournaments though...

invu2day
04-13-2007, 03:23 PM
I have a question :)

Why do we sign in? Is there any relevance? I mean you just anme a name for the day day so you're in. If you don't then obviously you're not playing.

I just don't see the point of signing in :p

Snowwy
04-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I have a question :)

Why do we sign in? Is there any relevance? I mean you just anme a name for the day day so you're in. If you don't then obviously you're not playing.

I just don't see the point of signing in :p

SOme of the managers PM players who have said IN and have not picked a player before the start of first matches, I think Excaliber does and I planned toooooooooo but then I forgot haha. But I think its not a bad idea, it can go eitehr way for me really.

superhoops
04-13-2007, 06:51 PM
I personally prefer sign in on my torunies as it means i can set up the excel sheet I hold the names and picks so it can get updated every day or two without needing to add all the names and day 1 picks all in one day as it would take a lot longer and I might not have that much time.

ExcaliburII
04-27-2007, 10:42 PM
1.What do you think about playing WTC?
2.What do you think about Davis Cup?
3.Masters Cup format?
4.Accepting picks until the start of each match and not at start of day play?
5.Making rankings restringed to 14+5 best others?
6.What do you think about playing qualies? If yes, run more than one tourney a week?
7.Do not give tournaments to the manager that commits first?

I have an answer for each one of these questions/suggestions. I want to hear yours please.

qczi
04-27-2007, 11:47 PM
a, wtc doesnt give any atp points. its only about being patriot (and the money of course)
b, there's a normal tourney during that week anyway

too many changes after the first day. i cant even imagine how this could work :confused:
lets not talk about dead rubber matches

3.Masters Cup format?

same as pts. one for the first 8 in race, an other one for everyone else (different points). everybody can pick the same player twice.

:cool:

i like it, but this might be too much work for yemok

6.What do you think about playing qualies? If yes, run more than one tourney a week?

qualies? no. but i think seeded players might be allowed to skip day1 (just like at wtaworld)

i couldn't care less about this one

+1: different scores to people who are still alive on the last day, but
- already picked both of the finalist
- lost pick
- won pick (maximum points of course)

ExcaliburII
04-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I like that one qczi, :cool:

Snowwy
04-28-2007, 04:55 AM

I really dont think this would work because we are only doing one tournament a week.

It would be fuuun, but I dont think this would work, like take the US tie versus Spain, how was anyone suppose to know in advance that one of the Bryans was gonna play, are we gonna punish people who in that situation would have taken Roddick cuz it appeared he was gonna play.

3.Masters Cup format?

This Im not sure about, I dont really have an opinion.

This is a bad idea in my opinion, by letting people wait, they can see if a lot of people were eliminated early and that might affect their pick which would give an unfair advantage. I dont see what the problem would be with what it is now. Why is it hard to pick BEFORE play starts. From the time the OOP comes out til the match there is always 12 hours or so, meaning anywere in the world, odds are you can either choose before or after sleeping, its not like people cant pick now cuz of their time zone.

This is a possibility but again, why? Whats wrong with every tournament, its more fun that way were every week actually matters where if it were like that, some people would possibly not care about some weeks.

Qualifies is not something that I would think would be good, I just think that its fun that there are say 100 people in a tournament, we dont need to limit that down at the start and how would qualifiers work, what if noone got eliminted in the qualifiers. Also, a bye is not something that I think would be good either, Im not a big fan of giving anyone a distinct advantage.

This is a good idea in a way, but then when more than one person wants a tournament, how do you decide who gets what? I bet that that will add to more whining when people dont get what they want.

[/QUOTE]

yemok
04-28-2007, 10:07 AM

I just can't see many players in that tournament because of the no ranking points and the strange format

How should this work?!?! And if Davis Cup happen in Suicide Tennis there will be around 50 winners at the end of Day 3

3.Masters Cup format?

Top 16 suiciders participate, one player could be picked twice

I'm tired of talkin' about this, the people are used to how it works now and it works pretty well, rarely we have some late picks nowadays (95% of them - new players who don't know the rules), but still late picks are normal thing in TT & PAW also

Suicide Tennis is not ATP, TT or PAW! In those there are 8 quarterfinalist, 4 semifinalists & 2 players in the final and here we could have 30 quarterfinalist or 0 quarterfinalists, so the mandatory system can't be reasonable. If 14+5 will be accepted somebody else should take the ranking updates, because I wouldn't have enough time to manage all the new calculations with more than 120 players + new players showing up every week.

Not now, maybe someday we'll have to re-think that possibility

I don't understand how should this work by your opinion?!?

:cool:

mikko
04-29-2007, 12:31 AM
3.Masters Cup format?

I have an answer for each one of these questions/suggestions. I want to hear yours please.

I have also one question for you: how old are you?
thank you :angel:

ExcaliburII
04-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Does it matter? I am probably younger than you, but Capablanca was smarter than almost anybody at age 12. :cool:

Ìf you really want to know I am 17 :ras:

balloon
06-19-2007, 07:25 PM
When someone runs a tournament, yes it takes alot of time and effort, we all appreciate it.

But if you wanna run a tournament, please run it properly, and by saying that, the least you can do is to post updates of each player picks on the 1st page, instead of putting it in ur own excel file , or using a 3rd party host for us to download it ( what if the file has a virus )

So, i m proposing, that the board , whoever you are, makes it a rule, to have all the players picks from Day 1 on the 1st thread of every Suicide Tennis thread.

Thanks

Snowwy
06-24-2007, 08:17 PM
When someone runs a tournament, yes it takes alot of time and effort, we all appreciate it.

But if you wanna run a tournament, please run it properly, and by saying that, the least you can do is to post updates of each player picks on the 1st page, instead of putting it in ur own excel file , or using a 3rd party host for us to download it ( what if the file has a virus )

So, i m proposing, that the board , whoever you are, makes it a rule, to have all the players picks from Day 1 on the 1st thread of every Suicide Tennis thread.

Thanks

Well since no one has said anything on this one, I think that the first page should be updated everyday with the OOP and player selections because without this update it is hard to remember who has been picked or even who is in, I know I dont remember who I even picked the day before.

I will second this idea..All player picks and the daily OOP should be at the beginning of the Suicide Tennis thread