Srichhaphan, and Phillippoussis taken out early... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Srichhaphan, and Phillippoussis taken out early...

henree
03-14-2004, 08:44 AM
Hass beat Paradorn 6-1, 6-2
Youzney dumps Mark 7-6, 7-5
Well at least Mark put up a fight.
Too bad about Paradorn though. I love his presence and style. I think his backhand slice is way prettier than Federer's... :worship:

J. Corwin
03-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Talk about major slump for P-dorn. And Mark isn't doing too hot either.

Fedex
03-14-2004, 11:48 AM
And it's vital that they gain SOME points before the clay season, because niether won does well on the surface. Dent has also been in a slump, and i hope its now over with that win over Guga!

Domino
03-14-2004, 11:52 AM
I think it would be more vital for both players to learn how to play effectively on clay, so that they can win a lot of points in the clay swing.

Action Jackson
03-14-2004, 11:55 AM
The Poo has actually won a title on clay, and beaten a few good players on it, however it is his weakest surface but there seems to be more hope for him than there is Srichapan on the clay.

Experimentee
03-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Paradorn always goes into terrible slumps at about this time every year :rolleyes:
This time last year he couldnt win a match either. He should be doing well now bc hardcourt is his best surface by far.

Deboogle!.
03-14-2004, 01:57 PM
I think it would be more vital for both players to learn how to play effectively on clay, so that they can win a lot of points in the clay swing.

That doesn't make sense. If they were playing well on their preferred surfaces, and just poorly on clay, that would make sense. But these two guys are going through huge slumps and are losing on pretty much every surface, to players they for the most part should have beaten. That's a sign of a much much bigger problem that they have to get through in order to play well on ANY surface.

Experimentee, Paradorn made the semis at Miami last year, so he'll have to pull out of his slump pretty quickly! Does anyone know if it's still his ankle that is bothering him?

azza
03-15-2004, 07:31 AM
Olivier Rochus only win this year has come Through Mark P and Oli is like 1 win and 6 losses :tape: :sad:

WyveN
03-15-2004, 08:42 AM
whats going on with Mark P........i dont know if this is a slump or something more permanent

Snoopy_Girl
03-15-2004, 11:10 AM
It might be a combo of no confidence, not enough practice and not enough interest in the game for the moment....