aus open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

aus open

esther
01-01-2007, 04:27 AM
is anyone coming down for it?

Via
01-01-2007, 08:40 PM
i trust you esther to continue to be the melbourne representative with the arnaud reports ;)

go check out aus open forum and 'whos going' thread and you'll find plenty of people :)

i'm tempted though as i saw last night that one could still get good reserved seats... but only at vodafone arena :lol:

esther
01-10-2007, 01:33 AM
hahah i dont know which days im going yet, but should be most of the first week. But if its over 36 degrees, i may have to say no because its crazy walking around all day in that heat. Wheres the aus open forum?

esther
01-10-2007, 01:34 AM
hahah i dont know which days im going yet, but should be most of the first week. But if its over 36 degrees, i may have to say no because its crazy walking around all day in that heat. Wheres the aus open forum? you mean the general one?

Anne-Claire
01-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Arnaud has a pretty tough 1st round vs Xavier Malisse (chennai 2007 champion.... so he's in good shape these days..)

Bonne chance Arnaud :bounce: :bounce:

kukka
01-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Best of luck to Arnaud. That's a tough opener, though... :D

Elina

higherlaw
01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes, a tough opener (as usual?), but maybe he'll repeat his win over Malisse in Metz! :scratch: Let's hope!

Via
01-12-2007, 07:08 PM
it is not the best, but not the worst either, there could be other seeds worse than malisse to draw against. good luck arnaud.

Via
01-12-2007, 07:39 PM
hahah i dont know which days im going yet, but should be most of the first week. But if its over 36 degrees, i may have to say no because its crazy walking around all day in that heat. Wheres the aus open forum? you mean the general one?

the speculation is that the bottom half (seb, arnaud etc) will play on tuesday.

is the weather forecast always correct down in melbourne? lol

:wavey:

higherlaw
01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
it is not the best, but not the worst either, there could be other seeds worse than malisse to draw against. good luck arnaud.

You're right Via, it could be worse!

Anne-Claire
01-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I found this pic of Arnaud "backwards cap" on MTF (xritos chat thread)

Arnaud is so cute on this one :haha:

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5934/artp0.th.jpg (http://img471.imageshack.us/my.php?image=artp0.jpg)

Marine
01-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Don't like the cap "made in seb" !

esther
01-13-2007, 11:47 PM
so arnaud will be playing on Tuesday. Doesnt the heat policy say that matches will be cancelled if the temperature goes over 35 degrees? So most of the Tuesday and Wednesday matches will be cancelled?

esther
01-14-2007, 12:11 AM
hey via did you get my SMS? im going to go Tuesday instead. Let me know if you want to meet up / need directions/ need anything tomorrow (Monday) :)

Via
01-14-2007, 07:48 AM
lol i am so forgetful you never know, i may need a lot of things ;) ;) :p

will there be any other frenchie fan we know who'll be going on tuesday? i'm worried about the heat too, i don't think they'll cancel or postpone any match unless they really don't have any excuse not to... showers are predicted for later in the week :(

btw i don't have any ticket for mon/tues at all, isn't that funny?

Via
01-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Don't like the cap "made in seb" !

maybe anne-claire's :haha: means she doesn't like it that much either :p

btw xristos is unbelievable, how could he catch so many players... many of them big names... on one day? and they all happy to oblige for a photo?? hero :worship:

Marine
01-14-2007, 09:07 AM
maybe anne-claire's :haha: means she doesn't like it that much either :p

He looks like Olivier Mutis on this pic. And I don't like this guy...:rolleyes:

esther
01-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Arnaud beat Malisse in 4 sets!!! It was 40 degrees in Melbourne yesterday...we waited for about 4 hours in the heat because all the matches were cancelled and we didnt know when they woudl start again. We eventually left because we were so exhausted. Arnaud vs Malisse didnt start until 11pm !!! Hopefully I get to see him tomorrow ...Will report back then.

Ohh one thing that was interesting yesterday. I was at Seb vs Rochus and Arnaud was watching Seb even tho Camille was playing her first round match on Rod Laver at the same time. Why was arnaud watching seb and not camille?!

Marine
01-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Ughhh... I think it's clear, Esther :sad:

(congrats Camille, she played great ! )

Marine
01-17-2007, 07:48 AM
L'Equipe

Travailleuse, opiniâtre, patiente, Camille Pin a tranquillement parcouru le chemin qui mène au top 100 et, l’année dernière encore, elle n’hésitait pas à enchaîner Indian Wells et Miami avec Dinan et Cagnes-sur-Mer. Pour elle, peu importe la catégorie, le principal est de jouer au moins une trentaine de tournois par saison. Arnaud Clément, son petit ami jusqu’au printemps dernier, a toujours été admiratif devant la ténacité de la petite Camille (1,62 m), avec son service de moustique mais un physique à toute épreuve.

Now it's official. They broke up the last year.
A pity.

kukka
01-17-2007, 08:15 AM
It's a pity that they broke up. :sad: They were together for so long...

Elina

fregi
01-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Bonjour à tous !

Au risque de contredire l'Equipe, je crois que cette rupture est plus récente. J'étais à roland garros en juin et je les ai vu ensemble.

Via
01-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Arnaud beat Malisse in 4 sets!!! It was 40 degrees in Melbourne yesterday...we waited for about 4 hours in the heat because all the matches were cancelled and we didnt know when they woudl start again. We eventually left because we were so exhausted. Arnaud vs Malisse didnt start until 11pm !!! Hopefully I get to see him tomorrow ...Will report back then.

Ohh one thing that was interesting yesterday. I was at Seb vs Rochus and Arnaud was watching Seb even tho Camille was playing her first round match on Rod Laver at the same time. Why was arnaud watching seb and not camille?!
:wavey: i can't believe we didn't find each other, esther!!! what do you look like now, i didn't see anyone like you on seb's court. anyway i could only bear sitting there for three games and i retired before christophe did lol

anyway i can't believe either that they started that match that late :o :( at least arnaud won or i would be even madder. guess that's how malisse's fans are feeling.

It's a pity that they broke up. :sad: They were together for so long...

i saw camille on the big screen (cos i couldn't get into rod laver of course) and then again yesterday (wednesday) on a practice court. i got to say a few words to her. you can't imagine how sad i felt seeing her. (but at least she wasn't!) i loved to have her as arnaud's petit ami too :sad: they were such a great couple.

Via
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
just saw that arnaud/mika lost their doubles in three sets. i stayed until the 2nd set tie-break which they won urgghhhhh so they lost it eventually :( mika wasn't playing too well and was really mad with himself. arnaud tried very hard to 'carry' the team but that wasn't enough in the end, i suppose. and those two austrian guys (whom kristen supported and she sat next to me! lol) were good and served especially well.

today two frenchies go to war.... arnaud v fabrice (... and seb gets the other rochus! :eek:) esther hope you'll have a chance to catch them :)

delsa
01-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Another record breaking match betwin Fabrice and Arnaud? :lol:

Don't forget your sandwiches... Each time they meet it's soooooo long...

Marine
01-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes, that's clear. lol
But they're older now, especially Fabrice, not sure they will play 4/5 hours with his heat !!!!

Via
01-18-2007, 07:42 AM
well, what did we know...

fabrice beat arnaud 62 64 64, although the last set last almost an hour. all the stats i've looked at, are quite lopsided. hard for me to see this 'performance' coming, from the way he played yesterday. or from that good win over malisse on tuesday.

don't think arnaud has enjoyed his aussie trip too much this year :rolleyes: well, goodbye and see ya next year!

delsa
01-18-2007, 12:09 PM
I should have known that speaking about it would of course equals begging for the facts to make me lie... :rolleyes:

Too bad.

higherlaw
01-18-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm totally shocked he lost--in straight sets no less!:confused: Can anyone who saw it provide us with some insight?

higherlaw
01-18-2007, 04:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/apphoto/photo?sportId=850&photoId=1406518

Maybe I just answered my own question! He's injured?:eek:

Sorry about the link, I can't seem to put the photo here.

Marine
01-18-2007, 05:26 PM
No he's not injured according to what he said in audio interview. Just said Fabrice played better and more agressive. Bad start, some missed occasions, some faults.

Marine
01-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Look that ! Team Provence chose to celebrate their association by a common haircut ! :lol:
Maybe a bet, or something like that...

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20070118/all/l2316783.jpg

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107853&d=1169067991

(Arnaud looks like Youzhny with short hair)

Hangdog
01-18-2007, 07:43 PM
(Arnaud looks like Youzhny with short hair)
Youzhny will come popular after he beats Fed tomorrow :) As for Arnaud’s haircut, it’s 100% a la Safin I think. And if poor Paulo without his curls is a sad picture then Arnaud with a hairdo like that… pffff :rolleyes: Bring back the rooster!
No he's not injured according to what he said in audio interview. Just said Fabrice played better and more agressive. Bad start, some missed occasions, some faults.
And there’s even said in those interviews that it was Fabrice who’s had some troubles with his health, no? Then it’s a greater pity that Arnaud lost that way, in straight sets :( But at least this time he wasn’t looking for some excuses for himself!

Via
01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
And there’s even said in those interviews that it was Fabrice who’s had some troubles with his health, no? Then it’s a greater pity that Arnaud lost that way, in straight sets :( But at least this time he wasn’t looking for some excuses for himself!
no excuses, but not all the reasons either. was it just a bad day at the office? it was such a poor result. apparently fabrice served like a monster, or otherwise arnaud hadn't brought his return coordination into the match.