Trip to Paris [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Trip to Paris

CooCooCachoo
03-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Hey all :)

I'll be going to Paris the following week; it's a school trip. I have to stay in a host family there, with a classmate. There are a lot of things scheduled for us to visit (Le Tour d'Eiffel, Montmartre, Notre Dame, Sacré-Coeur, Louvre, Centre Pompidou, Versailles, Arc de Triomphe, Tuileries, Les Halles, Le palais de Chaillot, Place de la Concorde..) so I won't have any time at all to post her. So.. don't be afraid if you don't hear from me for the following days :) I will be leaving on Monday morning (ugh.. very early.. have to be in the train at 06:40!!!) and will return Thursday evening. Now you know where the peace and quiet will come from ;)

:wavey:

-----------
Martijn

oxy
03-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Enjoy ur trip...Paris one of the nicest place on earth...take care...!!! :bigwave:

MisterQ
03-13-2004, 07:01 AM
CooCoo,

You would choose Paris over all of us? I'm so offended.
Why don't you just move there then? :mad:

MisterQ
03-13-2004, 07:06 AM
but seriously, have a great time! I hear it's a great city. I am un peu jealous of you. ;)

CooCooCachoo
03-13-2004, 07:33 AM
LOL Actually, I would rather stay here :P I don't look forward to going too much.. I am staying with the host family together with Mr. Grumpy (Remember the movie "12 Angry Men"? Well, he's all 12 and worse ;)) Nah.. I hope I'll be fine!
Maybe the French ppl have cable so I can check once or twice.. Who knows? ;)

Marine
03-13-2004, 12:06 PM
LOL Actually, I would rather stay here :P I don't look forward to going too much..

Are you not a blasé girl ? :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
03-13-2004, 05:54 PM
I am just no girl lol :p

Marine
03-13-2004, 06:18 PM
So excuse me.

Mrs. B
03-13-2004, 06:43 PM
be sure to climb the Eiffel Tower. Great view of the city!

RogiFan88
03-14-2004, 01:44 AM
and don't forget to take a ride on a bateau-mouche along the Seine!

ILR
03-14-2004, 01:52 AM

done that ;)

Have a great trip! :wavey:

MisterQ
03-14-2004, 03:01 AM
I wanna go to Paris! :sad:

I have driven through Paris, New York before. It's basically a little stretch of State Route 12 with a fire department, a church, and a cat clinic.

sigmagirl91
03-14-2004, 03:30 AM
have a great time....

CooCooCachoo
03-14-2004, 07:33 AM
lol MisterQ ;)

Will do, it's in the program ;)

Also in the program, on an evening I think :)

Thanks all for your best wishes hehe. I hope I'll have fun, anyway! Will definitely let you know afterwards!

maratski
03-15-2004, 12:47 PM
I missed you before you left :sad:

I hope to hear good stories when you return!

Leo
03-17-2004, 12:08 AM

Might be treacherous without stairs (if I remember correctly). I'd recommend the elevator. ;)

You definitely have to climb to the top of the Sacre-Coeur as well. It's on a large hill (the only one in flat Paris) so the view is excellent.

You should also go to the original Statue of Liberty, la Defence, and, of course, Stade Roland Garros. :)

Leo
03-17-2004, 12:09 AM
Ooops, looks like my post is late.

CooCooCachoo
03-19-2004, 07:47 AM
It was too late, Leo ;) But thanks anyway lol

I did see the Sacré Coeur, Statue of Liberty and le Tour d'Eiffel (up with the elevator, down with the stairs). I only saw the Grande Arche de la Defense from a huge distance.. Saw a lot of other things too.. crowded schedule!

I guess the trip was OK. I enjoyed the things I saw there, especially Versailles, but unfortunately the host family was not really nice, since they took no interest in us and the person I shared a room with there, and with whom I was forced to spend time with 24/7, started to annoy me a lot. The first two days were OK, but the last two days were far from good, so that I left with a bad feeling and now, the morning after ;), I still have this feeling. It kind of stings, because this person means a lot to me. I don't know why, but he does lol.

Leo
03-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Oh, too bad about those last two days. But just try to think about the positives when you look back on your trip. Selective memory is always a plus. ;)

CooCooCachoo
03-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Hehe well I am already much more positive so maybe my memory is really selective or it was just some sort of frustration that really had to get out, since it was so short after the trip. In retrospect, things weren't that bad and I fortunately see the good things too :) :p

Marine
03-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Oh really ? interesting...