Swedish Players top 10 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Swedish Players top 10

vaxjoplayer
03-12-2004, 12:05 PM
1. Bjorn Borg - 11 Grand Slam titles
2. Mats Wilander - 7 Grand Slam Titles on all surfaces (3 on Clay, 2 on grass an 2 hardcourt titles. He also won three slams in one year (1988))
3. Stefan Edberg - 6 Grand Slam titles. If he had won the french in 1989 he would have been no 2 on this ranking.
4.Tomas Enquist - One Grand Slam final. But has reached the ATP championship three times. Has potential to beat anyone but hasnt been a player for the major tournaments.
5.Tomas Johansson - 1 Grand Slam Title. And one Masters Series title (Cincinatti). great potential but not mentally strong enough to be a consistent topplayer.
6. Magnus Norman - 1 GrandSlamfinal. And one Masters series Win (Rom). Career ruined by injuries.
7. Jonas Bjorkman - Has been in USOpen semifinal. Finalist in Paris mastersseriesevent against Sampras a couple of years ago. Ended that year as no. 4 in the world. Done great results in Davis Cup.
8. Magnus Larsson - Semifinalist at the French. GrandSlamCup winner(beating Sampras in the final). Lot of injuryproblem. With better focusing he could have been a constant top 10 player.
9. Mikael Pernfors - frenchOpen finalist. Masters Series winner at CanadianOpen (1993) - beating world no1 Courier.
10. Anders Jarryd - Wimbledon semifinalist 1985. And a former top 10 player

players that didnt reached my top 10.
Jonas Svensson (twice a semifinalist at Roland Gaross)
Joakim Nystrom (Monte Carlo winner and former top 10 player)
Kent Carlsson ( Hamburgwinner and was top 5 in the world)
Henrik Sundstrom ( top ten player and MonteCarlo winner)
Magnus Gustafsson (top 10 player)

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Växjö player I almost agree with every placing on that list.

I would have Thomas Johansson higher mainly because he won the Slam and Enqvist hadn't. Though Enqvist had more wins against the Top 10 than Johansson.

I would have Nyström instead of Pernförs mainly because he was around the top 10 longer, though Pernfors had that great 86 French Open and his huge comeback win.

Kent mightn't have made the list, but with all the knee injuries I think he could have won a French Open, remember the reverse kicking serves and the great hairstyle?

misyou25
03-16-2004, 02:04 PM
i think edberg was the best

Action Jackson
03-18-2004, 06:10 AM
Edberg is not Borg's bootlace and not many are in that category.