Ferrero Withdraws From Indian Wells [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ferrero Withdraws From Indian Wells

rassklovn
03-12-2004, 01:55 AM
Here is the link
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=tennisNews&storyID=4552575&section=news

Ferrero withdraws from Indian Wells tournament
Fri 12 March, 2004 02:22

INDIAN WELLS, California, March 11 (Reuters) - Second seed Juan Carlos Ferrero has withdrawn from the Pacific Life Open with chicken pox.

The Spaniard will be replaced in the draw by lucky loser Jeff Salezenstaein.

"I found out yesterday that I had the chicken pox," Ferrero said on Thursday. "Sometimes things happen and you can't do anything about it. I am disappointed because I was looking forward to playing here."

Billabong
03-12-2004, 02:04 AM
OH no!!! not another one! Get well soon JC :sad:!!!

Hhhhmmm after Hewitt in AO 2002, now Ferrero...

Deboogle!.
03-12-2004, 02:05 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again. hopefully he doesn't get too sick and have to be hospitalized or anything and that he'll be ok by Miami. I just can't believe he wasn't vaccinated if he hadn't had the pox by now!!

Billabong
03-12-2004, 02:06 AM
Now the tournament loses its second seed... I hope JC will stay healthy after that, he's been very unlucky with injuries this year!

rassklovn
03-12-2004, 02:11 AM
Look at this way, at least Ferrero will have to rest his body and he might actually be fresh the next time he plays, so he won't complain about injuries.

No Nalbandian, Ivanisevic or Ferrero to all of them get well as soon as possible.

Deboogle!.
03-12-2004, 02:14 AM
Well hopefully Juan Carlos can take this:

"A much better case for treatment of chicken pox can be made for adults. There is a "cure" for chicken pox in the form of the drug acyclovir. The drug kills the virus, one of the very few drugs in use that actually kills any virus. It works and it is a very safe drug. It can shorten the period of illness of chicken pox from 7 down to 5 days, and reduce the number of skin lesions. More importantly it can prevent the severe complications which sometime occur in adults. Acyclovir is expensive. Clear instructions for its use need to be given by the prescriber for it to be effective, and these must be strictly followed."

Billabong
03-12-2004, 02:19 AM
Well hopefully Juan Carlos can take this:

"A much better case for treatment of chicken pox can be made for adults. There is a "cure" for chicken pox in the form of the drug acyclovir. The drug kills the virus, one of the very few drugs in use that actually kills any virus. It works and it is a very safe drug. It can shorten the period of illness of chicken pox from 7 down to 5 days, and reduce the number of skin lesions. More importantly it can prevent the severe complications which sometime occur in adults. Acyclovir is expensive. Clear instructions for its use need to be given by the prescriber for it to be effective, and these must be strictly followed."

I hope he'll take it;)!

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 02:32 AM
He better warn the ATP that he is taking this drug to get over an illness as you never know something within it maybe on the banned list.

Lee
03-12-2004, 02:35 AM
He better warn the ATP that he is taking this drug to get over an illness as you never know something within it maybe on the banned list.

No, it still won't work. He has to check with his doctors, pharmacutical companies, etc to make sure there are no ban susbstance in the drug, etc etc. According to ATP, it's HIS responsiblity. ;)

Billabong
03-12-2004, 02:37 AM
Oh God I hadn't thought about it, thanks for the info guys:)! I hope he chooses the best possible way to heal it:)!

Deboogle!.
03-12-2004, 02:37 AM
I was merely sharing the info that there is such a drug out there. Who knows if he'll actually take it or not but especially in light of what's going on with the ATP and the players I'm sure he'd be 10000000% careful first :)

Yonge
03-12-2004, 02:39 AM
Well, if he's gonna get sick, it better happen now than during the clay court season. Get well soon Juanqui please.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 02:40 AM
Then again he is a top player the ATP wouldn't ban him anyway, but at the same time they know where to find the list of the banned substances and any medication taken should be looked at thoroughly.

He just needs to rest and yes that may mean missing Miami, which might be a good thing in the end. He needs to improve his conditioning, and at the very least he can come back better from it.

tangerine_dream
03-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Poor delicate JCF. Hope he gets well soon. Too bad he can't travel back home to be with his family. :sad:

Havok
03-12-2004, 02:48 AM
:scared: crap anothet one bites the dust. hope he gets better, was looking forward to *maybe* seeing him on television again :(

Leo
03-12-2004, 02:48 AM
Awww, that's so cute. A 24-year old with chicken pox.

Ferrero never does well in Indian Wells or Miami. He didn't have big points to defend in either event at all, so it's probably for the best that he not play here this year. He can rest up for the clay season which should be barrels of fun for him and no one else. :)

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 02:52 AM
True Leo, at least this didn't happen days before Barcelona that would have been really bad.

Now, he can see for himself the quality of US pharmaceutical drugs.

Deboogle!.
03-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Awww, that's so cute. A 24-year old with chicken pox.

Ferrero never does well in Indian Wells or Miami. He didn't have big points to defend in either event at all, so it's probably for the best that he not play here this year. He can rest up for the clay season which should be barrels of fun for him and no one else. :)

Yes, but he's a better hardcourt player than he used to be and I would guess he would've done better than his previous results had he been playing and healthy in both tourneys. It would've been a good opportunity to pad his ranking with some points going into the clay season where he has so much to defend and where he relies on getting a good part of his points.

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:05 AM
Hmmm...sure this has nothing to do with March 11? If so, it's okay to be truthful, but maybe there could be a fear of his being penalized?

(I'm not saying he is lying, but just giving an alternate view of things...)

Fee
03-12-2004, 03:08 AM
What on earth are you saying? That is just hideous. He was examined by an ATP doctor at his hotel room. He is already in Indian Wells and was planning to play. Due to his illness, he cannot fly, so either way he is stuck in Southern California for at least 5 days. Good Goddess, get a clue. How heartless can you be.....

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:12 AM
And, of course, Fee, you were right in the bedroom with him...

Like I said, if no one had seen him with the pox, and he needed a reason (a very good reason, mind you) to bow out but couldn't under the rules.

Deboogle!.
03-12-2004, 03:15 AM
huh?? TF I really don't understand what you're saying. Do you mean b/c of the attack in Madrid, or something else?

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:17 AM
Yes. I hear they are calling it "March 11th".

Deboogle!.
03-12-2004, 03:20 AM
oh, ok, I didn't hear that.

thanks for clearing it up.

Honestly, I can't imagine Juan Carlos doing that.. but, you never know.

Lee
03-12-2004, 03:21 AM
And, of course, Fee, you were right in the bedroom with him...

Like I said, if no one had seen him with the pox, and he needed a reason (a very good reason, mind you) to bow out but couldn't under the rules.

I know you love to stir something up and make a fool of yourself but please check out some facts first.

from atptennis.com

Second Seed Ferrero Withdraws

Second-seeded Juan Carlos Ferrero of Spain has withdrawn from the Pacific Life Open, it was announced today by tournament officials. Ferrero has contracted chickenpox and will not compete here because of the illness.

Ferrero, who is No. 2 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Rankings, will be replaced in the main draw by Jeff Salzenstein as the “Lucky Loser.” Salzenstein was the highest-ranked player to lose in the final round of the qualifying draw. By rule, he moves into the draw spot formerly occupied by Gaston Gaudio of Argentina, who is awarded the No. 33 seed and replaces Ferrero’s spot on the bottom line of the draw.

Tournament physician Dr. Ken Anderson examined Ferrero at his local hotel room on Wednesday and diagnosed the illness.

“I found out yesterday that I had the chickenpox,” said Ferrero from his hotel room on Thursday afternoon. “Sometimes things happen and you can’t do anything about it. I am disappointed because I was looking forward to playing here.”

Salzenstein will play wild card Alex Bogomolov Jr in the first round, while Gaudio receives a bye into the second round and will face the winner of Wayne Ferreira vs. Igor Andreev.

Main draw play at the Pacific Life Open begins on Friday and continues through Sunday, March 21.

For player to bow out of a tournament like that, he needs to be examined by the tournament doctor.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 03:23 AM
Considering he can't travel anywhere because of the chicken pox.

Also Ferrero lives in Valencia province which is a long way from Madrid, then your reasoning isn't valid as he wouldn't be able to travel on a plane with chickenpox. If that bombing is your reasoning, then every Spaniard at Indian Wells will pull out with some mysterious ailment then?

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:24 AM
atptennis.com.
Yeah, you told me, Lee. I'll have refer to the ATP more often for accurate news and analysis.

BTW, that's CAPITAL "F" in "Fool".

Pink Panther
03-12-2004, 03:25 AM
Don't go around spreading false rumours, you fool...especially ones that don't make any sense at all!

Lee
03-12-2004, 03:28 AM
Yeah, you told me, Lee. I'll have refer to the ATP more often for accurate news and analysis.

BTW, that's CAPITAL "F" in "Fool".

Not just for 'accurate' news and analysis, there's the rule I mentioned in the bottom of my post but of course you missed it.

btw, you're still a fool.

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:29 AM
Considering he can't travel anywhere because of the chicken pox.

Also Ferrero lives in Valencia province which is a long way from Madrid, then your reasoning isn't valid as he wouldn't be able to travel on a plane with chickenpox. If that bombing is your reasoning, then every Spaniard at Indian Wells will pull out with some mysterious ailment then?

The World Trade Center was in New York City, but that didn't stop from all Americans feeling it. Why should it be different in Spain?

I would think that if one player was called upon to return for a show of support or whatever, it would be your #1 player.

But, seriously, these two events are probably just coincidences. I was just trying to have an original thought on the matter. Guess I'm the only one who thought of these two events having any sort of connection, even if they were remote.

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Don't go around spreading false rumours, you fool...especially ones that don't make any sense at all!
And you have all the original thought and grammar of a pineapple. Go away.

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:33 AM
btw, you're still a fool.
:snickers: How unoriginal. But you've never been original. Try to insult me with the same tired insult every season, huh, Lee?

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 03:35 AM
TennisFool, I will be happy to debate terrorism with you but not in this forum. Americans and the Spanish are different people, unlike the US, Spain has had experience of attacks on their soil although not to this magnitude.

Also the fact there are more important people in Spain than Ferrero, ie King Juan Carlos ( the real one not Ferrero). So there is no point of him going back, or don't you think there is a possibility of him being ill.

It's all good trying to stir things up, but at least have something that resembles reasonable points of view.

Ok, major news Carlos Moya, Alex Corretja, Raffa Nadal, Albert Costa, Feliciano Lopez have all pulled out of Indian Wells with mysterious ailments related to chickenpox, they have miraculously recovered to be able to fly back to Madrid, then onto Miami for the next event.

Scotso
03-12-2004, 03:39 AM
That's kind of funny but really sucks. He'll miss the opportunity for a lot of points :sad:

Get better, JC.

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:39 AM
TennisFool, I will be happy to debate terrorism with you but not in this forum. Americans and the Spanish are different people, unlike the US, Spain has had experience of attacks on their soil although not to this magnitude.

Also the fact there are more important people in Spain than Ferrero, ie King Juan Carlos ( the real one not Ferrero). So there is no point of him going back, or don't you think there is a possibility of him being ill.

It's all good trying to stir things up, but at least have something that resembles reasonable points of view.

Ok, major news Carlos Moya, Alex Corretja, Raffa Nadal, Albert Costa, Feliciano Lopez have all pulled out of Indian Wells with mysterious ailments related to chickenpox, they have miraculously recovered to be able to fly back to Madrid, then onto Miami for the next event.

George, I'm not a child. This terrorist attack was not only *the* worst terrorist attack in Spain's history, but also on the European continent. The Spaniards have said that this was *their* September 11th. This is not to be taken lightly, as you seem to be taking it, especially in light of not knowing who was responsible.

If somehow JC felt it better to be home, then I don't see how this is not a "reasonable" argument.

Lee
03-12-2004, 03:40 AM
:snickers: How unoriginal. But you've never been original. Try to insult me with the same tired insult every season, huh, Lee?

fool, that's the highest praise you can ever get. Forget those stupid tactics you've been using all these years like try to insult people. You may be able to confuse new comers to this board but not people who are here for a longer time.

You can have whatever last words you want but I would rather save my energy on debating with reasonable people.

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:42 AM
That's kind of funny but really sucks. He'll miss the opportunity for a lot of points :sad:

Get better, JC.

Is getting the chicken pox not usual for kids in some countries :confused:

Could he have possibly picked it up here?

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:43 AM
fool, that's the highest praise you can ever get. Forget those stupid tactics you've been using all these years like try to insult people. You may be able to confuse new comers to this board but not people who are here for a longer time.

Really, because I seemed to have confused you. My apologies.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 03:48 AM
George, I'm not a child. This terrorist attack was not only *the* worst terrorist attack in Spain's history, but also on the European continent. The Spaniards have said that this was *their* September 11th. This is not to be taken lightly, as you seem to be taking it, especially in light of not knowing who was responsible.

If somehow JC felt it better to be home, then I don't see how this is not a "reasonable" argument.

TF, you think I am taking this lightly, the only thing I could be accused of taking lightly are your arguments in this case. If you want to know the Francoists are blaming ETA ( as always), ETA are blaming an Al-Qaeda cell.

What are you not getting? There isn't anything he can do one, two the best thing for him is to be playing tennis and concentrating on that while having people in this thoughts and three the most obvious he might be sick and can't travel.

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 03:55 AM
TF, you think I am taking this lightly, the only thing I could be accused of taking lightly are your arguments in this case. If you want to know the Francoists are blaming ETA ( as always), ETA are blaming an Al-Qaeda cell.

What are you not getting? There isn't anything he can do one, two the best thing for him is to be playing tennis and concentrating on that while having people in this thoughts and three the most obvious he might be sick and can't travel.

Somehow, I remember posting the words "coincidence", "remote", and "original thought" in my posts that certain eyes seemed to have glossed over. Fine, I don't care what you think of my arguments. Can we move on now...

Fee
03-12-2004, 04:00 AM
Fool,
Do you really think that if JCF went to the ATP and said he was heartbroken about the events in Spain and felt it was wrong and trivial to play tennis under the circumstances, they would be unsympathetic? To their No. 3 player? Of course they would understand and they would let him go without concocting some dumb story about chicken pox. Heck, it would have been much easier to get away with the old 'strained back' story.

And no, I was not in his bedroom, but I have friends who are all in IW right now with media credentials. I was on the phone with one of them when I heard the announcement made in the background. Check the Pacific Life Open threads all over this board. I posted the news before anyone else. Since I know a number of the players, I try not to dabble in the world of rumours and hearsay.

And again, my sympathies to JCF, and to Spain as a whole. What a horrible, horrible thing to have happen.

Tennis Fool
03-12-2004, 04:06 AM
Fee, forgive me if I don't trust the ATP at the moment. Who knows what they will or won't do for players. Heard some players were jumping ship (IMTA anyone?).

Anyway, getting back to the main thread I had a more poignant question that I had asked but no one wants to touch (too uncontroversial I guess). I'm not stating it again, however. If anyone wants to answer, look it up :angel:

Deboogle!.
03-12-2004, 04:10 AM
TF I don't know if it's more/the same/less common for kids in other countries to get the pox.. I have no clue!

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 04:12 AM
Somehow, I remember posting the words "coincidence", "remote", and "original thought" in my posts that certain eyes seemed to have glossed over. Fine, I don't care what you think of my arguments. Can we move on now...

I am all for a good conspiracy theory or a scoop as long as there is something there that could validate it. It wasn't an original thought actually, it was something just thrown out there that wasn't able to be backed up. Anyone could easily throw around those sort of terms at least a good cynic would have a researched point of view to why these happen.

Anyway Ferrero get well soon, get on a plane and go home to Spain, then get ready for the Davis Cup and then onward bound to the claycourt season.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 04:16 AM
Ok, TF are you trying to tell me this could have been because Ferrero has been caught with banned substances and told to withdraw from the tournament?

Then again you were the one who said that article my brother posted on "Are the ATP most incompetent organisation" was harsh, so which one is it.

lalaland
03-12-2004, 04:35 AM
I am not surprised that some out there tries to find way to bad mouth him, however, it is surprising to see him being accused of faking chicken pot. Good thing he hasn't start playing the tournament. Godforbid if he loses a match and then said he has chicken pot, all hell will break loose.

Pershap he is a victim of bio-weapon that is secretly being imported into America to post another round of attack at the Spanishs?

lalaland
03-12-2004, 04:38 AM
And what is with Ferrero and his health? Get well soon.

How long is a recovery from chicken pot? Try to remember what Hewitt went through in Aussie Open but no good. Not only recover from the disease, but took Hewitt a while to get his strength back.

Fee
03-12-2004, 05:52 AM
TF - I am usually very skeptical of things that the ATP releases, on its own. But in a situation like this where the player can clearly contradict them if they say something stupid, I take the statement at its face value.

Now, that whole Greg Rusedski thing, that I'm verrrrrrrrrrrryyyy suspicious of.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 06:01 AM
Not as suspicious as myself Fee.

Dirk
03-12-2004, 06:06 AM
Thank god this is Wells and not Monte Carlo. JC would be in really big trouble then.

oxy
03-12-2004, 06:09 AM
oh i'm disappointed that JC has withdrew from IW...on the other hand i find it cute that he contracted Chicken Pox, wonder where he got it from...(i got it from a teacher when i was 17)...:D anyway get well soon & hopefully he gets enough rest for the onslaught for the clay period...having this disease is no fun cos u can itch like hell...but of cos im sure he will take lots of drugs to prevent it...then again be careful...:)....

with regards to some who links this to the Mar 11th, u are thinking too much....;)

trixy
03-12-2004, 06:25 AM
Oh thats really crappy that he has chicken pox but oh well better now then before the clay season. Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery.

J. Corwin
03-12-2004, 06:57 AM
TF, you're making this way too complicated. I have no idea what you are insinuating (or trying to insinuate) sometimes.

I don't think the ATP will have this covert operation to haul JC back to Spain or whatever. The tournament director wouldn't lie and the ATP wouldn't fabricate such a thing.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Well TF is an interesting one asks the questiuon then I try to answer it and then doesn't answer back.

At least TF provides me with some light entertainment.

Alan
03-12-2004, 08:40 AM
I do hope it's a blessing in disguise as JC would be able to rest for a longer period of time...

Get well soon!

lsy
03-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Legitimate reason to take some time off for a good rest and nurse any injuries he has.

Smankyou
03-12-2004, 10:10 AM
This terrorist attack was not only *the* worst terrorist attack in Spain's history, but also on the European continent.

You don't visit Ireland much, do you?

Smankyou
03-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Oh yes, and all the best to Juan Carlos, I hope he has a speedy recovery (which is unlikely).

Kiara
03-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Hmmm...sure this has nothing to do with March 11? If so, it's okay to be truthful, but maybe there could be a fear of his being penalized?

(I'm not saying he is lying, but just giving an alternate view of things...)

dont be daft ;)
If he wanted to go back to spain and be with his family he could've just said so without coming up with an elaborate story, give Ferrero some credit, he's not a liar.
How long would it take a 24 year old to recover from the chicken pox ??and why in the world hasnt he hasnt been immunized :(

he has little or nothing to defend in IW and Miami anyway, I wonder what he'll do to pass the time in America....

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Kiara, he will take English lessons and watch bad TV.

Chloe le Bopper
03-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Well, if he's gonna get sick, it better happen now than during the clay court season. Get well soon Juanqui please.
Indeed. Sucks, but if he wants to rest up till Monte Carlo, that's likely not a bad idea. Although, I guess Valencia is before that?

Whatever.

He never does well in Indian Wells anyways, and he defends squat here or in Miami.

He should learn from Hewitt's mistake and not bother playing until he's totally over it.

Chloe le Bopper
03-12-2004, 11:25 AM
I don't really think there was anything wrong with Tennis Fool's suggestion? Obviously it's not looking like that was the case, but at first glance, it's really not as ridiculous as it may have sounded.

*Ljubica*
03-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Get well soon Juanqui :-))

~EMiLiTA~
03-12-2004, 12:48 PM
poor guy, I can't believe that! Hope he's ok by DC and especially Valencia cos I want to see him play there!!! Hope the other players he's been in contact with have already had it cos if not that could affect them too...uggg

joske
03-12-2004, 02:17 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

*oh and LOL @ your avatar bunk.. looks like a criminal :lol:*

Deboogle!.
03-12-2004, 02:19 PM
*oh and LOL @ your avatar bunk.. looks like a criminal :lol:*

LOL Yea... he's telling a bad joke to the crowd ;) that's pretty criminal I guess lol

as for the pox affecting other players, well, hopefully not - hopefully they've all had it or been vaccinated!

Ma. Estefania
03-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Such a pity that another player is not able to compete....but well I hope him and everybody else a soon recovery.

RogiFan88
03-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Indeed. Sucks, but if he wants to rest up till Monte Carlo, that's likely not a bad idea. Although, I guess Valencia is before that?

Whatever.

He never does well in Indian Wells anyways, and he defends squat here or in Miami.

He should learn from Hewitt's mistake and not bother playing until he's totally over it.

you said it Becca... esp Juanqui, such a delicate mosquito...

sigmagirl91
03-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Poor Juanqui. Please get well soon....

Tennis Fool
03-13-2004, 12:10 AM
TF I don't know if it's more/the same/less common for kids in other countries to get the pox.. I have no clue!
Thanks Bunk. You're the only one who tried to take a stab at this question.

Tennis Fool
03-13-2004, 12:12 AM
I am all for a good conspiracy theory or a scoop as long as there is something there that could validate it. It wasn't an original thought actually, it was something just thrown out there that wasn't able to be backed up. Anyone could easily throw around those sort of terms at least a good cynic would have a researched point of view to why these happen.

Sorry, you completely lost me on that one.

Tennis Fool
03-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Ok, TF are you trying to tell me this could have been because Ferrero has been caught with banned substances and told to withdraw from the tournament?

What? My point and premise are totally unlike what you posted here as an example.

Then again you were the one who said that article my brother posted on "Are the ATP most incompetent organisation" was harsh, so which one is it.
I must be losing track of my posts because I clearly don't remember writing anything like this.

Tennis Fool
03-13-2004, 12:17 AM
i find it cute that he contracted Chicken Pox,

Chicken Pox as a kid may be cute, but as an adult can be dangerous.

with regards to some who links this to the Mar 11th, u are thinking too much....
Actually, the two just came together after a day of hearing of the Madrid attacks and then later hearing about Ferrero's exit from IW. Not too much thinking, but maybe a bit of regret at posting my thoughts...

Tennis Fool
03-13-2004, 12:21 AM
Well TF is an interesting one asks the questiuon then I try to answer it and then doesn't answer back.

Sorry, I just had to get some sleep because it was past *midnight* and I do have a *9-5 job*. I apologize for not being on the board 24/7, like some retired folk.

At least TF provides me with some light entertainment.
Same when it comes to curmudgeons like yourself (as long as it doesn't go on 24/7) ;)

Tennis Fool
03-13-2004, 12:24 AM
You don't visit Ireland much, do you?
No, I've never been there. But from the tv travel ads, it looks very pretty but too foggy and cold.

Nor have I been to Northern Ireland, the seat of the IRA ;)

Deboogle!.
03-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Thanks Bunk. You're the only one who tried to take a stab at this question.

Well, you're welcome. Sorry I don't know the answer. I'm sure we could find it on the net somewhere, but I'm nowhere near that motivated.

Action Jackson
03-13-2004, 01:33 AM
What? My point and premise are totally unlike what you posted here as an example.

I must be losing track of my posts because I clearly don't remember writing anything like this.

Ok, I made a mistake on the question you were trying to pose. I thought you were trying to say that Ferrero suddenly withdrew from Indian Wells because of other reasons ie caught with some banned substances and not the chicken pox question, though with you I never know.

Posted by yourself "Wow, British Press still hard on the Rus Man" on are the ATP most incompetent organisation which you thought they were hard or harsh on Rusedski.

Sorry, I just had to get some sleep because it was past *midnight* and I do have a *9-5 job*. I apologize for not being on the board 24/7, like some retired folk.

Nice one mensa boy top of the mensa society for you, then again for one you have no clue to what I do and believe it or not there are the odd people who actually work nights. Unlike you I get 5 weeks paid annual leave, so not bad for some allegedly retired people.l

Same when it comes to curmudgeons like yourself (as long as it doesn't go on 24/7)

I appreciate your foibles than you do mine. I almost love you TF, it just took until today for me to find that out.

Leo
03-13-2004, 02:56 AM
Colorful theory, TF, but it seems illogical. If that is true, why haven't other Spanish players pulled out? And what would be the point of pulling out of the tournament for that reason if he can't even fly right now? His family doesn't live anywhere near Madrid, so I'm sure they're fine. And why make up an excuse like the chicken pox when bad ankle or hurt shoulder would be more believable (and less comical, I might add)? Then, of course, there's the fact that Juan Carlos was inspected by legitimate ATP doctors, and therefore could not "pull a fast one" on the ATP by making up an alternate excuse for withdrawal to avoid having to pay a fine. The tourney doctor would not have lied to the ATP about his examinations.

lzhaol
03-14-2004, 03:33 AM
u guys really have rich imagination... :rolleyes:
i think JC shd get himself geared up for the coming clay season...if possible win all 3 TMS + RG :bounce:

joske
03-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Awwww ppl ppl ppl... Why do the simplest topic threads always turn into some hot discussion about things that are merely speculation.....

Just say "too bad for JC" and "get well soon" and move on
Oh yeh I did't wanna sound angry or sth lol I just thought it was a pitty that we always start arguing about things we don't even really know anything about :)

Greeties & peace ;)

btw Izhaol.. love your avatar hehe

Ah and yes, it's my B-Day today.... so congratulate me already!
*** no pressure :p :lol: ***