Condolencias a los españoles [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Condolencias a los españoles

alfonsojose
03-11-2004, 01:18 PM
De pronto seria mejor iniciar esta charla en el forum Non-tennis, pero simplemente quiero expresarle mi apoyo a toda la gente de España del Forum en estos momentos dificiles :sad:

Yashirobai
03-11-2004, 02:23 PM
¡ETA FUERA!
Mi más sentido pésamo a todas las víctimas.
Juntos derrotaremos al terrorismo.

Un español. (A Spaniard)

propi
03-11-2004, 02:26 PM
:sad: I still can't understand some facts of human brain :sad:

joske
03-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Sorry I don't speak Spanish..
God what a shitty world we live in, eh?
Well all the best to the Spanish ppl here & everywhere...

Hispanica
03-11-2004, 02:55 PM
I think no one can understand thta and kiling some many innocent people like that... very sad day for everyone and I think of all of you.

TennisLurker
03-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Mis condolencias tambien, esto es verdaderamente una desgracia.
:(

Espero que el gobierno español encuentre pronto a los culpables y que se haga justicia.

Y que paren los atentados de la ETA de una buena vez.

TennisLurker
03-11-2004, 02:58 PM
No se entiende, matar tante gente inocente.

jazz_girl
03-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Yo también me quiero adherir. No puedo creer lo que esta pasando, y no me entra en la cabeza como puede existir gente tan hija de puta(perdon por la palabra)como para hacer algo asi. Como ya se ha dicho, espero que se encuentren los culpables y se aplique la justicia. Mi más sentido pesame para todo el pueblo español.
J.

Mrs. B
03-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Condolencias a las victimas... :sad:

Corredian's_Mind
03-11-2004, 03:09 PM
i feel so sorry for all this people....who have been killed for no reasons. it's only so sad...when you think that they were alive, in good shape and just because STUPID men they're all dead.
mes condoleances au peuple espagnol... :sad:

TennisLurker
03-11-2004, 03:11 PM
According to tv at least 186 people died and 1000 injured.

maratski
03-11-2004, 03:27 PM
mis condolencias a los españoles :sad: :hug:

RogiFan88
03-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Mis condolencias a las victimas del atentado hoy en Madrid :sad: :sad:

Siento tristeza y dolor... son Espanoles las victimas, la gente inocente... :sad:

This is the bloodiest act of terrorism ever in Spain... what a shock to wake up to this morning... The Minister of the Interior Acebe and Juan Jose Ibarrtetxe are certain it is ETA... ETA hasn't claimed responsibility tho... this happening 3 days before the election... was there a warning? Could it be someone else? Usually ETA gives a warning, no?

There will be a nation-wide demonstration tomorrow at 19h00...
:sad:

Pobre de Espana...

Ma. Estefania
03-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Yo también me uno a esto, y doy mis condolencias a toda la gente de España en estos difíciles momentos.

oxy
03-11-2004, 03:43 PM
My Deepest Condolences...oh god...what is the world comin to...bless the world.

Angelito
03-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Una más de esas acciones inexplicables que toma la gente creyendo que con violencia los problemas se solucionan, cuando en realidad pasa todo lo contrario, se hacen cada vez más graves y se genera cada vez más odio, y muere gente inocente, compatriotas, etc...

Mis condolencias a toda España y a todo el mundo en general, porque hoy somos todos españoles.

RogiFan88
03-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Angelito, bien dicho!

Hoy, el 11 de marzo, es el Día Europeo de las Víctimas del Terrorismo.

No más bombas, no más muertos -- NO al terrorismo.

13 bombs were planted -- 10 exploded

alfonsojose
03-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Swim - Madonna

Put your hand on my shoulder, baby
Things can't get any worse
Night is getting colder, sometimes...
Life feels like it's a curse

Chorus
I can't carry these sins on my back
Don't wanna carry any more
I'm gonna carry this train off the track
I'm gonna swim to the ocean floor
Mmm...
Crash to the other shore
Mmm...
Swim to the ocean floor

Children killing children while the...
Students **** their teachers
Comets fly across the sky
While the churches burn their preachers

Chorus*
We can't carry these sins on my back
Don't wanna carry any more
We're gonna carry this train off the track
We're gonna swim to the ocean floor

Mmm...
Crash to the other shore
Mmm...
Swim to the ocean floor

Let the water wash over you
Wash it all over you
Swim to the ocean floor
So that we can begin again
Wash away all our sins
Crash to the other shore
Mmm... Mmm

Chorus

Chorus*

Crash to the other shore
Swim to the ocean floor
Mmm...
Crash to the other shore

Carito_90
03-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Sinceramente cuando escuche lo que habia pasado en Madrid esta mañana, me cayo mal, muy mal. Mi hermano mayor esta viviendo allá, en Alicante, se que esta un poco lejos de Madrid pero la verdad es que tengo miedo dentro de todo.
Pero a pesar de eso, me siento muy mal por las victimas del atentado y sus familias. Mi más sentido pésame a todos ellos.

Y NO AL TERRORISMO Y LA VIOLENCIA!

don_na
03-11-2004, 04:25 PM
For all those affected, physically, morally and spiritually, by this act of absurd rational, the world has it's eyes on Spain and we all reunite to offer you our sympathies.

bovenbuuf
03-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Condolences to all the victimfamilies...

tegan
03-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Una más de esas acciones inexplicables que toma la gente creyendo que con violencia los problemas se solucionan, cuando en realidad pasa todo lo contrario, se hacen cada vez más graves y se genera cada vez más odio, y muere gente inocente, compatriotas, etc...

Mis condolencias a toda España y a todo el mundo en general, porque hoy somos todos españoles

MUY BIEN DICHO, Angelito!! i totally agree...and since i'm not that articulate in Spanish - i will let these words speak for me as well...

Lee
03-11-2004, 05:05 PM
I am so sorry for what happened in Spain. My condolences to all the victims and their families. Also for all the people of Spain.

*Ljubica*
03-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Mis condolencias a las victimas en Madrid y a toda Espana.

My heart goes out to all those affected by this dreadful atrocity.

amethyst
03-11-2004, 05:21 PM
It´s hard to find some words here. My condolences to all people affected.

Frooty_Bazooty
03-11-2004, 05:33 PM
i'll never understand how people can do this to other people. It really makes you lose faith in humanity

MisterQ
03-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Just wanted to stop by and give my condolences to our Spanish friends. I hope none of you were directly impacted by the deaths.... How horrific. I will be thinking of Spain today. :sad:

undomiele
03-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Mis mas sinceras condolencias al pueblo espaniol. Que dia negro para toda la humanidad!

(Has it been confirmed that it was ETa though? Its strange they havent taken responsibility for it yet and that it happened on the 11th of this month... )

Lee
03-11-2004, 05:56 PM
i'll never understand how people can do this to other people. It really makes you lose faith in humanity

For me, it's the other way round. When there are people showing the evil side of humanity, there are more and more people come up showing the good side of humanity by caring and helping victims and condemning the evils.

Lee
03-11-2004, 06:02 PM
The death toll is updated to 190 now. :sad:

*Ljubica*
03-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Mis mas sinceras condolencias al pueblo espaniol. Que dia negro para toda la humanidad!

(Has it been confirmed that it was ETa though? Its strange they havent taken responsibility for it yet and that it happened on the 11th of this month... )

Nothing definate yet undomiele, although evidently fragments from the bombs are said to match those normally used by ETA. According to the BBC, it could well be Al Quaeda or a similar group, as there have been rumours for a while now of more Islamic fundamentalist attacks in Europe, but, as yet, nothing has been confirmed.

bovenbuuf
03-11-2004, 06:10 PM
normaly it takes weeks even months before the ETA announces when they have done it...

Angelito
03-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Nothing definate yet undomiele, although evidently fragments from the bombs are said to match those normally used by ETA. According to the BBC, it could well be Al Quaeda or a similar group, as there have been rumours for a while now of more Islamic fundamentalist attacks in Europe, but, as yet, nothing has been confirmed.

The Spanish government is accusing ETA about the responsibility of the bombing but I gues that's what they also want to believe. If Al Quaeda is found responsible of this attack it would be even more shocking of what aready is for the whole world.

So far nothing is 100% confirmed.

alfonsojose
03-11-2004, 06:54 PM
A Ferrero, Moya, Nadal, Lopez, Serna y a todos los jugadores españoles en Indian Wells les deseo fuerza y valor en estos momentos. Debe ser muy complicado salir a jugar en un momento asi.

TennisLurker
03-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Are there spanish players from Madrid?

Nadal and Moya are from Mallorca, Corretja, Costa from Barcelona, Ferrero from Valencia if I recall correctly.

Lopez Robredo and Mantilla, where are they from?

Catsou
03-11-2004, 07:24 PM
:sad: Mis mas sinceras condolencias a toda España :sad:

RogiFan88
03-11-2004, 07:27 PM
:sad: I believe Verdasco is from Madrid and Feli is fr Toledo, which is just outside of Madrid but this is indeed a black day for all Spaniards everywhere... I am sure they are greatly affected by this tragedy.

Our thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of the victims. Yes, Lee, I agree, thankfully during these hard times, people do rally round to join together and unite vs. a common enemy.

The Puerta del Sol, at Kilometro Cero [Ground Zero] in Madrid is teeming w demonstrators... that place is ALWAYS bustling w people, esp after work but today it is overcrowded w mourners.

Ay!! :sad:

Robredo and Mantilla are fr the Barcelona area.

TennisLurker
03-11-2004, 07:30 PM
I asked that because if any of them is from Madrid they must be very worried because they have relatives and friends living there.

oxy
03-11-2004, 07:37 PM
agrees & most of them are in USA now....they must be really worried.

croat123
03-11-2004, 08:06 PM
mi mas sentido pesamo a todos los espanoles, especialmente a la familias de los que ya pasaron al otro mundo :sad:

Pink Panther
03-11-2004, 08:13 PM
My deepest condolescences to those innocent victims, their families and friends. It's so sad to wake up and hear such tragic news. :sad:

Deboogle!.
03-11-2004, 09:07 PM
I don't know any Spanish but my thoughts are with everyone. Just soooo awful :sad:

ytben
03-11-2004, 09:59 PM
My deepest condolences to the family and friend of the victims. This is a sad sad day for the world. How can such hatred exist is beyond me. CNN said that Al Qaeda has sent an email claiming responsibility.

tangerine_dream
03-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Another terrorist attack against innocents. Bastards. :(

My condolences to Spain..... :sad:

Kiara
03-11-2004, 10:17 PM
mis condolencias a todas las víctimas, a sus familias y a los amigos y a cada uno en España :sad:

Sammy
03-11-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm sitting here at my computer, in the quiet little seaside town of Cape Paterson, Australia - far from the horror in Spain and I'm close to tears.

Will say a prayer for you all, as I'm sure many in this little world of ours will.

Es terrible.

Sammy

Chloe le Bopper
03-12-2004, 12:09 AM
You still had any in the first place?

Nice way of trying to put a positive spin on that comment, Lee. Not sure that I see it the same way, but I've very cynical.

Anyways, my condolensces to everybody here who was affected, or has friends who were, etc.

There isn't really much more I can say than that.

kiro
03-12-2004, 02:26 AM

Nadal and Moya are from Mallorca, Corretja, Costa from Barcelona, Ferrero from Valencia if I recall correctly.

Feliciano Lopez is from Madrid.

tennischick
03-12-2004, 02:55 AM
¡Que lastima! :sad: :sad:

Lee
03-12-2004, 03:33 AM
You still had any in the first place?

Nice way of trying to put a positive spin on that comment, Lee. Not sure that I see it the same way, but I've very cynical.

Anyways, my condolensces to everybody here who was affected, or has friends who were, etc.

There isn't really much more I can say than that.

Becca, since we are still living on this earth, with all these smart, good, bad, crazy, dumb, etc people, I prefer to have a positive outlook than a negative one. At least, I can live a little bit happier. Thus, stay a bit healthier. ;)

Yonge
03-12-2004, 05:14 AM
My prayers to all Spaniards. :sad:

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 06:09 AM

Robredo is from provincial Catalonia and Mantilla is from Barcelona.

I can't lose faith in something I never had and that is humanity. It's sad that all those people lost their lives, and condolonces to them, but times like this people should come together and rebuild and continue on with their lives.

Dirk
03-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Oh come on now George don't let some bad apples spoil the whole bunch. Spain should just stop fucking around and elimate ETA for good. They behave like animals so treat them that way, if it turns out later they weren't responsible oops. :devil: The war on terror will likely be the longest, but its end is realistic.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Dirk, you have been not so irritating these days, but the facts they don't know if it was ETA or Al-Qaeda, or another group so this should be sorted out first, and no your comments wouldn't get me to change my mind about my humanity statement.

Dirk
03-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Wipe them all out. It will have to come to that sooner or later anyways. I think they will get to the bottom of it soon. Since when have I ever been irritating? I can name times when your've been real annoying, but then again you have made me laugh too. I understand your statement. There will always be good and evil in this world, all anyone can do in the name of humanity is balance the scale in the favor of the good.

trixy
03-12-2004, 07:30 AM
It's things like this that really put things in perspective. My heart goes out to all the victims, their families and all the people affected by this tragedy.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Dirk with sombrero and horse wiping out ETA that would be an interesting sight for sure.

If I went into all the examples when you have been irritating it would probably equal half of your posts and vice-versa, but that's not the point here, the world is a crappy place sure there are moments when good things happen and those should be treasured, but the overriding factor is that it's a mad world and look at the clowns that are in charge of it, that is enough not to give positive thoughts.

While there are clear injusticies going on, and there will always be conflict then this act will be remembered briefly by the world at large, but quickly forgotten, then again this sort of thing has been happening for ages in many other places that no one cares about, it just happens to be a major European country so it's highlighted even more.

No one persons suffering is any worse or more important that anyone elses. Irrespective it's a horrific act and hopefully they will find out who is responsible as soon as possible.

Dirk
03-12-2004, 07:46 AM
George like I said evil won't go away but it can be greatly reduced as long as the proper people with the proper plan are at the head of it. Keep your head up and your hands off the prozac. ;)

Kristen
03-12-2004, 07:47 AM
You know what gets under my skin...one of the first things reported was (is always) "Good news, no Australians have been injured in the blast". Oh, yeah that makes me feel so much better. Kind of like Sept. 11, when it was 5am, every tv station here had it on. At first I thought it was a movie, then I woke up the family and called my mates in Ohio/Illinois to make sure they were ok. I'm kinda glad because of tennis. When I heard about Spain this morning I felt really, really bad, and I think it's because of this board and tennis in a way. Ordinarily I prob wouldnt be overly interested in other countries (yeah this is different), but so many of you guys are from there, and support the players. Is our Spanish contingent of MTF, family and friends alright? Take care and hugs to all :)

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 07:53 AM
George like I said evil won't go away but it can be greatly reduced as long as the proper people with the proper plan are at the head of it. Keep your head up and your hands off the prozac. ;)

No need for prozac, that shit stuffs you up more than it helps. As if I am that stupid to think that all evil will go away, no amount of happy drugs would ever convince me of that.

BG, welcome the world of ethnocentrism an example if 100 people die in Africa, no one cares it would have to be 200, 000 then it would get reported, though the local news all make reference to see if any of their fellow country folk are dead in any major disaster, so that's not a surprise.

*Ljubica*
03-12-2004, 08:22 AM
According to our news it definately wasn't ETA - it was AL Quaeda, - somethng to do with Spain's stance in the Iraq situation last year. No matter who was responsible, it was a dreadful thing and my heart goes out to all concerned.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 08:25 AM
According to our news it definately wasn't ETA - it was AL Quaeda, - somethng to do with Spain's stance in the Iraq situation last year. No matter who was responsible, it was a dreadful thing and my heart goes out to all concerned.

Aznar has always been a stooge for the US. Al-Qaeda did say that whichever countries was connected the US effort in Iraq would be targets and it looks like they came through on their promises, though nothing is definite and I am not surprised if it wasn't ETA.

Dirk
03-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Aznar is tough on crime and he is not a stooge for the US, he just happens to agree with us on the war on terror. I'd take him over the UN anyday of the week.

Kristen
03-12-2004, 08:48 AM
BG, welcome the world of ethnocentrism an example if 100 people die in Africa, no one cares it would have to be 200, 000 then it would get reported, though the local news all make reference to see if any of their fellow country folk are dead in any major disaster, so that's not a surprise.

Ain't that the truth! Last year I did a subject called "Issues in third world development", and the lecturer really opened up our eyes to the atrocities that go on around the world. Afghanistan, pretty much any country ending in 'stan' actually. You know, where a woman will be shot for looking the wrong way at a man. Guess they're hardly rich enough to have it make the news. Only our 'civilised' countries get the front page :(

Bin Laden:"We reserve the right to respond at the appropriate time and place against all the countries participating in this unjust war, particularly britain, spain, australia, holland, japan and italy."

Why is it unjust? I'm a pacifist, my dad's in the army and so I hate all these assholes that cause trouble (that includes world leaders). There's a massive part of me that hopes we wipe ourselves out (not the entire planet, just our species) because we screw up so much, so badly. *retreats back to world of animal welfare/cruelty*

Dirk
03-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Bjorkman girl those places get plenty of news but your own countries news will most likely dominate your news media because its news in your own country. You can't just throw money at certain places and hope it all goes away. Those places need to transformed and it takes a lot of time. Who knows maybe some day there won't be any third world countries. Appeasement solves nothing. The animal kingdom is pretty ugly as well.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Ain't that the truth! Last year I did a subject called "Issues in third world development", and the lecturer really opened up our eyes to the atrocities that go on around the world. Afghanistan, pretty much any country ending in 'stan' actually. You know, where a woman will be shot for looking the wrong way at a man. Guess they're hardly rich enough to have it make the news. Only our 'civilised' countries get the front page :(

Bin Laden:"We reserve the right to respond at the appropriate time and place against all the countries participating in this unjust war, particularly britain, spain, australia, holland, japan and italy."

Why is it unjust? I'm a pacifist, my dad's in the army and so I hate all these assholes that cause trouble (that includes world leaders). There's a massive part of me that hopes we wipe ourselves out (not the entire planet, just our species) because we screw up so much, so badly. *retreats back to world of animal welfare/cruelty*

It's not just the stans, it happens elsewhere that isn't of strategic importance or has proximity to the readership so that's why I use this analogy 1 dead Australian = 10 Americans, 30 Spaniards, 100, 000 Indians etc, this is how the media work.

As I said earlier I can't have my faith in humanity restored, I mean how do you take half of nothing? These attacks will continue, the "alleged" War On Terror hasn't made the world safer, conflicts will be ongoing, so it's up to the people to rebuild and they have to continue on with their lives.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 09:10 AM
There will always be third world countries as utopia doesn't exist only in fairy tales.

Though of course every nations media is going to serving their owners and the local readership primarily, but as long as there is reasonable coverage of what's going on outside their nations and it strives to be accurate as possible, then that's a good thing.

Dirk
03-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Um George how do you know it hasn't made the world safer? Why because the world hasn't magically bloomed into a paradise? :rolleyes: Many cells have been busted all over the world. I love this, just get up and rebuild and move on. Ok now what do you do about preventing yet another attack and seeking justice for those crimes?

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Nice try at trying to get a reaction out of me Dirk, and I told you previously I am not going to get in a political debate with you on this forum, as this is about the attacks in Spain and not US foreign policy.

Just to answer one of your questions not much has actually changed in Iraq or Afghanistan, except for governments, and if you think otherwise then you are deluding yourself. Some cells busted, many others are still around and more spring up.

Obviously you have noticed that I never used the word utopia and paradise, and I won't because it doesn't exist.

Kristen
03-12-2004, 09:23 AM
You can't just throw money at certain places and hope it all goes away.I understand that there's a hell of a lot of development and community work that is necessary for this sort of thing to have any chance of improving. Compromise, work, understanding etc.

Who knows maybe some day there won't be any third world countries. I'm not going to open up a can of worms :rolleyes: I have fairly intense views on overpopulation/lifestyle/human rights the list goes on, so its best I don't add! : )

The animal kingdom is pretty ugly as well.
*gasp* Yes. But its simplistic. They're primarily for survival of the fittest type thing-the only reason I said I was keen to retreat into the animal welfare area was because the human race disgusts me. IMO we're pathetic, yet we think so highly of ourselves (as a species of course, not individually).

George, agree with your analogy on 1 aussie = 10 americans =100 etc, etc... and strategic importance, omg... I seriously don't know what the world is doing right now. Moving forward, backward...probably nowhere at all. I just want my father to get his ass back from the Solomon Islands safely.

Dirk
03-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Not much has changed? Man you are really hopeless. There is a way to really almost end these cells and that is freeing these nations and putting an end to these terrorist training camps that turn little children into monsters at an early age. I really like to get some of your sources. Just remember George, its nation building not web site building. Germany and Japan weren't rebuilt overnight.

These third world nations also have to take it upon themselves to change. They not the rest of the developed world is going to responsible for their future. Its like entering rehab for someone else, just not going to work. For a pacist you sure do have a lot of hate there Bjorkman girl. You would be a perfect member for the ELF.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 09:47 AM
You couldn't resist could you Dirk? How many democratic countries are in the Middle East? The answer is one and that's Israel, and they are doing some very undemocratic things at this moment.

As for nation buliding, well one there was a thing called the Marshall Plan, there hasn't been anything seen since then for these other nations. In addition it was in the US interests that Japan and Germany were both rebuilt very quickly, this isn't necessarily the case in these instances.

Something else you have forgotten, how about less blatant hypocrisy from the major powers when dealing and trying to help resolve these conflicts, that would help.

Dirk
03-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Israel is the closest thing you will find to democracy in the middle east at the moment. Its not a great one and their leader isn't clean as a whistle but you have to remember they are being suicide bombed almost every other day over there. No other nation in the free world would put up with that shit. In that regards US is being very hipocritical. Consistency would help but remember world powers change adminstrations and they take different approaches to problems in the world.

Give me your definition of quickly? It took years to rebuild them and sqaush the remaining resistance.

Kristen
03-12-2004, 10:17 AM
For a pacist you sure do have a lot of hate there Bjorkman girl. You would be a perfect member for the ELF.

:wavey: Thanks. I'll put it on my to do list. :rolleyes:
Of course. I have an opinion. I hate the situation we're in (as a 'global community'-farce) right now.Doesn't mean I'm pro-war.

Action Jackson
03-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Israel is the closest thing you will find to democracy in the middle east at the moment. Its not a great one and their leader isn't clean as a whistle but you have to remember they are being suicide bombed almost every other day over there. No other nation in the free world would put up with that shit. In that regards US is being very hipocritical. Consistency would help but remember world powers change adminstrations and they take different approaches to problems in the world.

Give me your definition of quickly? It took years to rebuild them and sqaush the remaining resistance.

Fair points about Israel, though that has a long story and wouldn't it be good if they built the wall along the Green Line.

Yes, world powers do change, but some things do stay the same and at the moment with the policy of regime change how about consistency North Korea (nukes), Zimbabwe ( no one cares), China (potential superpower), Turkmenistan( strategic Central Asian place with plenty of natural gas and the route for a major oil pipeline), Sudan (that needs it) but no these are either too dangerous, allies or not important enough.

I don't like animals that much yet I might join the ELF. That's the last I will mention these arguments in this thread, you know where I can be located.

Dirk
03-12-2004, 10:56 AM
I will end it as well. Good thing there is PMs here.

Smankyou
03-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Two words spring to mind: Mindless Violence.
My heart goes out to all those involved.

I don't want to get into political correctness (lol god forbid!) but we don't use the term "third world" country anymore. Developing country :)

~EMiLiTA~
03-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Condolencias a todos los madrileños y a todos los españoles en general. Siento muchísimo saber lo que acaba de pasar por allí...es muy muy triste e insensible. ¿Cómo pueden hacer algo así? Ese atentado es una verdadera tragédia que ha arruinado las vidas de mucha gente inocente...y por desgracia, es un reflejo triste de nuestro mundo. Esperemos que estos asesinos estén castigados prontísimo. Pienso en todos los españoles del mundo...en todas las familias y todos los amigos de las víctimas. Rezaré por ellos en estos momentos tan difciles. Sería apropriado que uno de los españoles gane Indian Wells, no? Les deseo mucha suerte.
Un abrazo a todos...

maratski
03-12-2004, 09:19 PM
I don't like to get in any political debate here, but just like to say that Israel isn't much of a democracy either. You don't want to know how many jewish people are against all the actions Sharon is taking against the Palestinians. I've seen interviews with a lot of orthodox jews and all they want is to live in peace, like they've done in the past, before prime ministers started interfering. I receive many arab tv stations on satellite and they always show the side CNN will never show you of a story.

rassklovn
03-13-2004, 02:54 AM
Very true Ilhame, though many people don't like looking at both sides of the story and are always prepared to take things at face value without question.

Condolonces to Madrid and to Spain as a whole, but this is the time people should forget about their differences and try and rebuild their lives together.

Chloe le Bopper
03-13-2004, 05:15 AM
There is a way to really almost end these cells and that is freeing these nations and putting an end to these terrorist training camps that turn little children into monsters at an early age.

Don't you think that you're being just a little bit idealistic?

We can make it a lot more difficult for terrorists to act and recruit, but eliminate them entirely? Eh. We can't eliminate murders, rapists, and child mostestors from humanity, so why on earth do you think that we can evaporate terrorism?

Action Jackson
03-13-2004, 05:20 AM
Don't you think that you're being just a little bit idealistic?

We can make it a lot more difficult for terrorists to act and recruit, but eliminate them entirely? Eh. We can't eliminate murders, rapists, and child mostestors from humanity, so why on earth do you think that we can evaporate terrorism?

Some people are more idealistic than others and are lacking capabilities of critical thinking.

Domino
03-13-2004, 05:43 AM
The only way to prevent such violence from happening is to not give these fanatics reasons to resort to violence. Attacking them only fuels their anger, causing more violence. Give their supporters reason to believe that they will not go hungry, and the fanatics lose their support. Do you all know that the price of one stealth bomber can feed all the poor in North Africa. If Defense funds were used instead on the people who are hungry, we would get more results, but people want their revenge, and can't see past their own anger to realize that the person on the other side is just as angry, if not more.

MisterQ
03-13-2004, 05:54 AM
I don't want to get into political correctness (lol god forbid!) but we don't use the term "third world" country anymore. Developing country :)

You're right that people are using that term less and less. I don't want to get into political correctness either, but sometimes I am just baffled as to why we substitute one term for another.

It seems to me that the replacement term is nearly as loaded as the original. It's based on the premise that the Western industrialized model is the highest manifestation of civilization, one to which all other nations aspire to progress. Until they do so, they are "developing," which has a rather condescending tone to it, the way an adult might describe an adolescent.

Furthermore, by this model the term is sometimes inaccurate, since certain nations are going downhill if anything, and certainly aren't "developing" positively these days...

Dirk
03-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Clearly Becky didn't read my post about reducing evil is the best we can do and that there will always be good and evil. Oh but then again maybe she got something in her eye like JC did in Rotterdam. :p Domino wants a world welfare state and oh Q is the man on research and development activities in the US.

Chloe le Bopper
03-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Clearly Becky didn't read my post about reducing evil is the best we can do and that there will always be good and evil. Oh but then again maybe she got something in her eye like JC did in Rotterdam. :p Domino wants a world welfare state and oh Q is the man on research and development activities in the US.JCF has nothing to do with this. Stick to the topic if you wish to have discourse with me.

Yashirobai
03-13-2004, 05:27 PM
11 million people went on demonstrations yesterday in Spain. In Barcelona, 1500000 people... amazing.

The slogan was:

"Con las vícticas, con la Constitución, por la derrota del terrorismo"

(With the victims, with the (Spanish) Constitution, in order to defeat terrorism) more or less

Dirk
03-13-2004, 08:06 PM
There was just some arrests. They willl get to the bottom of this real soon. Oh and Becky try reading my entire post and skip over the cute little one-liners.

Yashirobai
03-13-2004, 10:09 PM
3 moroccans and 2 indians related to march 11.

gretel
03-14-2004, 12:55 AM
"La naturaleza ha puesto en nuestras mentes un insaciable
deseo de ver la verdad".
Marco Tulio Cicerón (106 a.C. - 43 a.C.); escritor y político romano.

Lo siento mucho. :sad:
Siento mucho que inocentes paguen por las decisiones de unos pocos. :sad:
Siento mucho que la hipocresía del mundo solo vea lo que le conviene. :sad:
Todos los días mueren miles. :sad:
No solo los "11" de cada mes, Todos los días. :sad:
La humanidad no tiene la culpa de la manipulación de los gobernantes. :sad:
Pero no seamos hipócritas.

Dirk
03-14-2004, 04:35 AM
This attack happened 911 days after 9/11. Creepy. :scared: :sad:

star
03-14-2004, 06:38 AM
They had a nice ceremony for the Spanish players today at IW. Charlie Passarel spoke in English and Spanish, and Maui Serna spoke for the the Spanish players who attended. Then they played the Spanish national anthem and some of the female players were wiping tears from their eyes. I was hoping they would have a ceremony. I'm glad they did. But I should have known Charlie would have done something.

Some people in the crowd shouted Viva Espange.

Action Jackson
03-14-2004, 06:48 AM
That should be Espana star, but aside from that it's good that they did something for them, though they are not the only place on earth to suffer from terrorist attacks, it just gets more coverage because it was a Western nation.

No one individuals suffering is any more important than another persons.

The interesting this that the PP straight way tried to blame ETA without any evidence, and Al-Qaeda have admitted responsibilty. I wonder if they will get voted out in the elections.

They have also arrested 2 Spanish nationals of Indian origin as well.

Chloe le Bopper
03-14-2004, 08:04 AM
There was just some arrests. They willl get to the bottom of this real soon. Oh and Becky try reading my entire post and skip over the cute little one-liners.
There is a time and a place for "cute little one liners". This is not the time, nor is it the place.

Dirk
03-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Once again she avoids the topic. Your not worth it. Think what you will.

Terrorists acts that happen all over the world get coverage. Clearly the western press will cover attacks against them more and vice versa. Great effort by the law enforcement over there and I hope they catch any others that are still over there who were responsible.

Nobody in this forum has yet to bring out a scale and weigh someone's suffering in one part of the world against someone's suffering on the opposite side so give it a rest Saddamn Appeaser.

rassklovn
03-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Nice attempt a troll in the last sentence Dirk, but that's all that needs to be said about that sentence, keep up with the simplistic definitions.

Dirk
03-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Yes thank you assclown. Its simple enough even for you to figure out.

joske
03-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Hey, I don't know if there are any Spaniards here that feel like answering the question but I'll ask it anyway... Here in Belgium (and probably all over the world?) we hear ppl on the news talking about who the Spanish government suspects and all that, but I was wondering what the Spanish ppl think about who has done this terrible thing.. But I can understand if you say it doesn't matter, no1 should do these things.. I was just curious is all

Oh and I think it's wonderful that so many Spaniards (and other Europeans too) have shown their support for the families affected by this tragedy. 1/3 of all Spaniards was on the streets 2 days ago, that was amazing.

And the attack being in Europe now made me think about terrorism even more.. Now we say it's a tragedy, but these things happen in the Middle-East EVERY day.. but bc it's on the news all the time we're getting used to it.. And that is NOT a good sign.. All that violence towards innocent peopl is fucking up human civilization REAL good... :(

Anyway, I wish all the Spaniards the very best and hope these things will never happen *anywhere* xxx

Smankyou
03-14-2004, 11:07 AM
It seems to me that the replacement term is nearly as loaded as the original. It's based on the premise that the Western industrialized model is the highest manifestation of civilization, one to which all other nations aspire to progress.

Yeah, you're right. It's all very textbook.

Until they do so, they are "developing," which has a rather condescending tone to it, the way an adult might describe an adolescent.

Well the 'developing' mainly refers to their economical status. There are three tiers that make the transition more progressive... 'developing', 'newly-industrialised' (which would be your Singapores of the world) and 'industrialised'.

I don't see the truth as condescending.

Furthermore, by this model the term is sometimes inaccurate, since certain nations are going downhill if anything, and certainly aren't "developing" positively these days...

I don't think any nation in the world is going downhill. They are just moving forward at a slower pace (with the exception of one continent).

Dirk
03-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Well the Terrorists got what they wanted. Popular Party is out of power and Socialists are back in power. Now I read Greece just found and destroyed a bomb. Oh thank goodness is didn't go off.

meencantaseles
03-15-2004, 01:26 AM
Mis condolencias.

Lisbeth
03-15-2004, 03:44 AM
I don't speak Spanish but I assume this is where I come to send my condolences to the victims, their families and all Spanish people. What a horrible thing to happen.

alfonsojose
05-25-2005, 07:04 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050525/ap_on_re_eu/spain_explosion

:sad: This time it seems it is ETA. How are doing our fellow spaniard posters. ?

connectolove
05-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Alfonso Jose, thanks soooo much for this lovely message. This is truly beautiful!!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

connectolove
05-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Thank god that no'one has died, but we´ve had enough!

jazz_girl
05-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Yes, this is trully terrible. I hope one day all of this can end :hug:

YoursTruly
05-25-2005, 10:46 PM
From a person of Filipino descent and a culture that goes back a long time with Spain, mis condolencias a los españoles y todo el pais.

Nastase
05-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Es una verguenza que en este país tengamos a un mierda, y lo digo bien claro le pese a quien le pese, un pedazo de MIERDA como es Zapatero y todo el equipo de gobierno que no son más que basura que pretenden dialogar con estos asesinos aun después de todo lo que nos han hecho estos años atrás, ahora eta para demostrar su disposición a dejar las armas bombazo en Madrid, bien, antes les teníamos al borde de la desaparición y ahora parecen estar rearmados, hagamos balance señores, yo sinceramente hecho mucho de menos al PP y lamento el día en que estos incompetentes tomaron el poder.

Carolinita
05-26-2005, 12:28 AM
qué lástima lo que ocurrió...ETA nuevamente!....al menos no hubo víctimas, pero por lo que leí, eso solo ocurrió porque los tipos avisaron antes que había una bomba, de lo contrario al parecer habría sido una tragedia terrible, pues creo que la bomba era bastante potente.. fue solo un amedrentamiento....de todas formas lo siento por el pueblo español :sad:..no hay mucho mas que decir, solo que uds saben que siempre estamos con uds :hug:

+alonso
05-26-2005, 02:02 AM
u lo supe hoy :sad:. mis mas sinceras condolencias a todos los españoles y que sepan que tienen el apoyo de chile .