AIDs: what is it's origin? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AIDs: what is it's origin?

Richard_from_Cal
12-30-2006, 11:09 PM
I read an essay, by somebody, called "Waves Forrest" years ago <only four pages long, but disturbing.> He, whomever he is, powerfully if inconclusively argues for a human/Nazi/recombinant-gene-crafting origin of this latter-day-plague.

Inasmuch as this is a new century, a new millenium--I thought I'd solicit your opinions

Is AIDs:

A> Who cares what it’s origins, Richard_from_Cal?

B> I believe! Short grey gene-splicers and dicers and Nazis in the intel community have cooked this up to kill gays and Blacks.

C> It fell to earth, like Ebola, Marburg, and others…HF51a(sp?), Spanish influenza of 1917…get a grip.

D> God’s design. Homosexuality is the plague. God is curing us.

E> Short Greys?? Nazis in the intel community???—You’ve got some sort of disease, Richard_from_Cal, and it’s in the head!

F> W-T-F?

http://www.totse.com/en/conspiracy/the_aids_conspiracy/index.html

^^--link to various essays about AIDs (including the “Waves Forrest” one,) at this paranoia and conspiracy dispensing web site--^^

scoobs
12-30-2006, 11:14 PM
I always heard that belief was it came out of the animal kingdom in Africa - from chimps and apes and suchlike and mutated into a human-lethal form at some point and crossed the species barrier.

I don't know if theory was conclusively debunked though, or where they think it most likely came from these days.

RickDaStick
12-30-2006, 11:21 PM
comes from Roddick

Richard_from_Cal
12-30-2006, 11:22 PM
I always heard that belief was it came out of the animal kingdom in Africa - from chimps and apes and suchlike and mutated into a human-lethal form at some point and crossed the species barrier.

I don't know if theory was conclusively debunked though, or where they think it most likely came from these days.
Green Monkeys...heard that one. Monkey meat in the food chain. Possible.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/conditions/06/13/monkeys.aid/

RickDaStick
12-30-2006, 11:39 PM
the question is, who did it with a monkey

its.like.that
12-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Aids was genetically engineered.

It is not a naturally occurring disease.

cobalt60
12-31-2006, 01:18 AM

Bingo! It is a mutated virus from a chimp eaten by folks in Africa. Epidemiologists have been able to track it back to which tribe and what year.

MissPovaFan
12-31-2006, 01:21 AM
Bingo! It is a mutated virus from a chimp eaten by folks in Africa. Epidemiologists have been able to track it back to which tribe and what year.

Sounds about right to me although wasn't it intercourse?

GlennMirnyi
12-31-2006, 01:23 AM

That's the official story Sue, but is that true?

Kinda paranoic, but can hold true.

cobalt60
12-31-2006, 01:31 AM
It was not originally transmitted sexually. Talk about how weird things happen. It was one chimp eaten by one tribal member. And it happened a long time ago. Even before I was born. The reason why this virus is so hard to get under control and why there is yet no good vaccine is because it mutates so well. It is the true story Gu.
It is such a devastating illness. When I was a med student, I did a rotation in the prison ward. No one could understand why some male prisoners were getting these rare infections and unusual cancers. By graduation, AIDS had been labeled. Thanks god I did not stick myself with needles;) By the time I was a resident in New York City, so many men were dying of it. Awful.

MissPovaFan
12-31-2006, 01:33 AM
It was not originally transmitted sexually. Talk about how weird things happen. It was one chimp eaten by one tribal member. And it happened a long time ago. Even before I was born. The reason why this virus is so hard to get under control and why there is yet no good vaccine is because it mutates so well. It is the true story Gu.
It is such a devastating illness. When I was a med student, I did a rotation in the prison ward. No one could understand why some male prisoners were getting these rare infections and unusual cancers. By graduation, AIDS had been labeled. Thanks god I did not stick myself with needles;) By the time I was a resident in New York City, so many men were dying of it. Awful.

It's crazy I agree, but I reckon within the next 20 years scientists will have found a cure - there are so many containment methods already.

cobalt60
12-31-2006, 01:43 AM
BTW I know there are other theories and with a global epidemic like this some will be conspiratorial. However I believe what I posted above. If anyone is interested here is a site with a documentary that really is excellent.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/aids/view/

MissPovaFan
12-31-2006, 01:50 AM
BTW I know there are other theories and with a global epidemic like this some will be conspiratorial. However I believe what I posted above. If anyone is interested here is a site with a documentary that really is excellent.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/aids/view/

Thank you I have bookmarked that and will have a read tomorrow. I have always found evolution fascinating and the way fatal illnesses such as AIDS etc. have evolved and affected so many people.

its.like.that
12-31-2006, 02:04 AM
That's the official story Sue, but is that true?

Kinda paranoic, but can hold true.

People just believe what they're told to.

The story about a disease from monkeys appeals to most people.

cobalt60
12-31-2006, 02:06 AM
People just believe what they're told to.

The story about a disease from monkeys appeals to most people.

I don't consider myself a follower so put a sock in it would ya.

guille&tati4life
12-31-2006, 11:39 AM

This is very possible, trouble is there's no way of proving it. Do you think it was intentional or accidental? :shrug: And who engineered it?

Washa Koroleva
12-31-2006, 11:41 AM

Exactly :)

Washa Koroleva
12-31-2006, 11:50 AM
Why do you write AIDS like AIDs?
That's the first thing I was wondering about. Is that normal in English?

mtw
12-31-2006, 12:53 PM

It is binded stricly with US, like many bad things in these world. The first cases of AIDS were noted among gays from US about 20 years ago. And the monkeys ( Macasus rhesus ) are reservoir of this virus.
I don't know. But I have a question. What did US do exactly good for world? Have anybody an answer and though one example?

RonE
12-31-2006, 12:57 PM

It should be AIDS. An acronym for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

mtw
12-31-2006, 01:03 PM
I read an essay, by somebody, called "Waves Forrest" years ago <only four pages long, but disturbing.> He, whomever he is, powerfully if inconclusively argues for a human/Nazi/recombinant-gene-crafting origin of this latter-day-plague.

Inasmuch as this is a new century, a new millenium--I thought I'd solicit your opinions

Is AIDs:

A> Who cares what it’s origins, Richard_from_Cal?

B> I believe! Short grey gene-splicers and dicers and Nazis in the intel community have cooked this up to kill gays and Blacks.

C> It fell to earth, like Ebola, Marburg, and others…HF51a(sp?), Spanish influenza of 1917…get a grip.

D> God’s design. Homosexuality is the plague. God is curing us.

E> Short Greys?? Nazis in the intel community???—You’ve got some sort of disease, Richard_from_Cal, and it’s in the head!

F> W-T-F?

http://www.totse.com/en/conspiracy/the_aids_conspiracy/index.html

^^--link to various essays about AIDs (including the “Waves Forrest” one,) at this paranoia and conspiracy dispensing web site--^^

AIDS ( big S on the end ). You must find this information out and give to world, because the first cases was noted in US. What was happened exactly?

Washa Koroleva
12-31-2006, 01:22 PM
It is binded stricly with US, like many bad things in these world. The first cases of AIDS were noted among gays from US about 20 years ago. And the monkeys ( Macasus rhesus ) are reservoir of this virus.
I don't know. But I have a question. What did US do exactly good for world? Have anybody an answer and though one example?

I wish I knew, Bush is the only one who can think of an answer.

zicofirol
12-31-2006, 03:51 PM

damn you stole my joke...

As we all know aids was genetically engineered by the white race(americans) to whipe out the black race in Africa

However it backfired and first started wiping out the gays instead,lol

Now here is the 1st cases of HIV:
Three of the earliest known instances of HIV-1 infection are as follows:

1. A plasma sample taken in 1959 from an adult male living in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo.[17]
2. HIV found in tissue samples from a 15 year old African-American teenager who died in St. Louis in 1969.[18]
3. HIV found in tissue samples from a Norwegian sailor who died around 1976.[19] taken from wikipedia...

Off course it was first discovered in the USA because they are the world leaders in the field.

ALso HIV in the USA is no longer the killer it was once was, now its a lifetime treatable condition/viruse etc.

zicofirol
12-31-2006, 03:53 PM

So should we blame it on the gays or gay americans? what would of been your solution kill all gays,lmao, or just imprison them...

and BTW the first case of aids came from Africa much before 1982 so get informed before writing something dumb...

dorkino
12-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Transferred in between species of chimpanzees and then transferred to humans and as far as i remember reading it, through killing these animals and eating them.
And i think this suggests the incidence of cases much earlier than those first recognized in the 80s. Some studies suggest first appearance of the disease in 30s of the last century.

Jaap
12-31-2006, 09:26 PM
From blacks.

alelysafina
12-31-2006, 10:37 PM
damn you stole my joke...

As we all know aids was genetically engineered by the white race(americans) to whipe out the black race in Africa

Am I not American?? Because you know I'm not white.... But Hot Damn! I was born and raised here... even have a passport and birth certificate too... :scratch: :rolleyes:
Oh and you do know that there are Black people who are American citizens right? They've been here since the white people started coming over from all over Europe ;)

taken from wikipedia...
Three of the earliest known instances of HIV-1 infection are as follows:

1. A plasma sample taken in 1959 from an adult male living in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo.[17]
2. HIV found in tissue samples from a 15 year old African-American teenager who died in St. Louis in 1969.[18]
3. HIV found in tissue samples from a Norwegian sailor who died around 1976.[19]

Off course it was first discovered in the USA because they are the world leaders in the field.

ALso HIV in the USA is no longer the killer it was once was, now its a lifetime treatable condition/viruse etc.

You did read the quote right?? If you read it it says it was first found in a man from CONGO. That's in Africa sweety :) The second one is from the US, but the Third one is from where?? NORWAY, and that's in Northern Europe :)

mtw
01-01-2007, 01:15 AM
So should we blame it on the gays or gay americans? what would of been your solution kill all gays,lmao, or just imprison them...

and BTW the first case of aids came from Africa much before 1982 so get informed before writing something dumb...

And you idiot, this virus like many other viruses came into being very long ago. Before 1950 and earlier ( maybe 200 hundred years ago ). The problem is, who spread it on the whole world. And all people know, that gays or bissex from US.

Black Adam
01-01-2007, 12:09 PM
From blacks.

You understood it the wrong way, the Ameicans invented it to wipe out the balcks but turned out to be killing more people than it was meant to.
The Chimpanzee mating with a human being is crap, who in thier right minds would do it with a chimpanzee :shrug:

guille&tati4life
01-01-2007, 12:22 PM
And you idiot, this virus like many other viruses came into being very long ago. Before 1950 and earlier ( maybe 200 hundred years ago ). The problem is, who spread it on the whole world. And all people know, that gays or bissex from US.

what? are the reason for AIDS? :rolleyes:
I'd like some proof of that please mtw

zicofirol
01-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Am I not American?? Because you know I'm not white.... But Hot Damn! I was born and raised here... even have a passport and birth certificate too... :scratch: :rolleyes:
Oh and you do know that there are Black people who are American citizens right? They've been here since the white people started coming over from all over Europe ;)

You did read the quote right?? If you read it it says it was first found in a man from CONGO. That's in Africa sweety :) The second one is from the US, but the Third one is from where?? NORWAY, and that's in Northern Europe :)
lol, I was being sarcastic, you see about 2 years ago the Nobel Peace winner from kenya (a woman) said that HIV was genetically engineered in the west and spread in Africa to wipe out the black race, amazingly some people believe this "theory" wiht 0 proof off course, I did not think anyone here would be dumb enough to believe that but Its.like.that. does, and so does TGS, but off course they hold no hatred toward the US...

Ill just let you dig your own whole deeper, lol, happy digging...

Richard_from_Cal
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
http://www.totse.com/en/conspiracy/the_aids_conspiracy/aidsgate.html
^^--THIS is the essay I mentioned in my first post.--^^

If you want to read it, and then post: anti-, or supporting, or questioning posts... we might "start from the same page." This is a frightening essay (about only 4 pages long--) yet has colored my thinking about this disease for the last several years.

I am currently reading AIDS in AMERICA, by Susan Hunter. c2006. Which book seems to be written by a liberal or Democratic perspective.

I just posted this question and poll because there seem to be a great many avowed Homosexuals and avowed Nationals of many different countries.

Richard_from_Cal
01-02-2007, 10:19 PM
"Waves Forrest" doesn't bring up many hits, on the internet. However, he did write this amazing essay.

His name could be a pun on the old saw, or phrase: "If a tree falls in the forest, and no-body is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

mrserenawilliams
01-03-2007, 06:11 AM
From blacks.
:rolleyes:^infinity

booa
01-03-2007, 03:05 PM
taken from wikipedia...

umm ... the AIDS epidemic was discovered in the US but the virus (HIV) that causes AIDS was actually discovered in France.

Identification of the virus

In May 1983, doctors from Dr. Luc Montagnier's team at the Pasteur Institute in France, reported that they had isolated a new retrovirus from lymphoid ganglions that they believed was the cause of AIDS.[30] The virus was later named lymphadenopathy-associated virus (LAV) and a sample was sent to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, which was later passed to the National Cancer Institute (NCI).[31] In May 1984, Dr Robert Gallo of the NCI also isolated a virus that caused AIDS, and named it Human T-cell Lymphotropic Virus-III (HTLV-III).[32] In January 1985 a number of more detailed reports were published concerning LAV and HTLV-III, and by March it was clear that the viruses were the same, from the same source, and was the etiological agent of AIDS.[33][34] In May 1986, the International Committee on the Taxonomy of Viruses ruled that both names should be dropped and a new name, HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus), be used.[35]

mtw
01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
umm ... the AIDS epidemic was discovered in the US but the virus (HIV) that causes AIDS was actually discovered in France.

Yes of course. Exactly. You are right.

Black Adam
01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
lol, I was being sarcastic, you see about 2 years ago the Nobel Peace winner from kenya (a woman) said that HIV was genetically engineered in the west and spread in Africa to wipe out the black race, amazingly some people believe this "theory" wiht 0 proof off course, I did not think anyone here would be dumb enough to believe that but Its.like.that. does, and so does TGS, but off course they hold no hatred toward the US...

Ill just let you dig your own whole deeper, lol, happy digging...
I like the USA, and besides Its.like.that. and I are among the smartest and well informed guys around here. It may have not been manufactured by the Americans but thing is it was an attempt by the West to kill blacks. My bad for them, the virus just keeps getting stronger and smarter,and will kill more than half of this planet by the time a cure is found. It's just unfortunate this is the only way some lab geeks found in order to prevent over population :rolleyes:

Denaon
01-04-2007, 05:29 PM
:rolleyes:
Talk about prejudice.....
Discussions about things like AIDS and its origin aren't as simple as baking a cake.....you must agree with me that in this case we lack of real knowledge...or at least 99,9% of us do.

Anyway....threads like this one keep improving Non-Tennis and leveling it up to GM's :rolls:

zicofirol
01-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I like the USA, and besides Its.like.that. and I are among the smartest and well informed guys around here. It may have not been manufactured by the Americans but thing is it was an attempt by the West to kill blacks. My bad for them, the virus just keeps getting stronger and smarter,and will kill more than half of this planet by the time a cure is found. It's just unfortunate this is the only way some lab geeks found in order to prevent over population :rolleyes:
Oh yes you are definitely well informed and smart, I can see that by how you reach your conclusions by using facts instead of asinine assumptions... :rolleyes:

The virus is getting stronger? you know that HVI is treatable in America, now it obvoiusly cost money, but that cost should go down as newer treatments are made available
The authors estimated the monthly medical cost for people with HIV, from the time of beginning appropriate care until death, to be $2,100 on average. The projected life expectancy for these individuals, if they remain in optimal HIV care, has now increased to 24.2 years, and the lifetime per person HIV care cost is now $618,900 per person. This amount is comparable to the estimated lifetime medical cost for women under age 65 in the U.S. with cardiovascular disease, who can also have long life expectancies with appropriate medical management. When HIV care costs are discounted to reflect the fact that they will be incurred in the future, the projected lifetime cost per person at the time of entering optimal HIV care is $385,200, and the treatment expense that can be avoided by preventing each HIV infection is $303,100....
"Since combination therapy was introduced in 1996, there has been a dramatic increase in the life expectancy and quality of life of individuals in the U.S. infected with HIV,"...
hospitalization rates have declined as a result of these effective therapies. A 1993 estimate of the life expectancy for an HIV-infected adult without symptoms was 6.8 years, and approximately 50 percent of the future cost of care for this individual was expected to be for hospital stays while only 14 percent would be for medications.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=55870

As for the west developing HIV to kill blacks (lol, it is amazing I am even discussing this, haha) you think they had the technology 50 years ago? and if they did introduce it 50 years ago, it has sure taken its time to kill Black people, also what was the plan? "lets introduce it in africa because they dont use condoms" haha, go find concrete evidence supporting your "theory" and then mention it, until then STFU

Richard_from_Cal
01-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Oh yes you are definitely well informed and smart, I can see that by how you reach your conclusions by using facts instead of asinine assumptions... :rolleyes:

The virus is getting stronger? you know that HVI is treatable in America, now it obvoiusly cost money, but that cost should go down as newer treatments are made available

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=55870

As for the west developing HIV to kill blacks (lol, it is amazing I am even discussing this, haha) you think they had the technology 50 years ago? and if they did introduce it 50 years ago, it has sure taken its time to kill Black people, also what was the plan? "lets introduce it in africa because they dont use condoms" haha, go find concrete evidence supporting your "theory" and then mention it, until then STFU
According to Susan Hunter's book <AIDS in America>{in the introduction, where she says:}Even our government admits that our current prevention efforts are not succeeding. In fact, U.S. government-funded programs are throwing fuel on the fire. There is little in place to stop the epidemic, and what is in place is either being dismantled or is underfunded. We are not even close to a cure, antiretroviral treatments are failing for one-quarter of our patients, and vaccines are many years off. Emergence of highly drug-resistant HIV strains that convert to AIDS and kill in less than a year in five U.S. cities in
2005 suggests that mutant superstrains are developing, as many have predicted.

...and I can remember newspaper coverage that allowed as how individual strains of HIV could be isolated. That is, in a criminal case it could nearly be proved (you know how touchy the legal system is) that a strain of HIV came (or didn't come) from a particular donor.

Richard_from_Cal
01-12-2007, 10:33 PM
...bumping this thread, because the Atlantic Monthly (Dec. '06) pg.34-following, says the Pentagon ranks AIDS as a leading security threat... whereas this page:
http://www.totse.com/en/conspiracy/the_aids_conspiracy/aidsgate.html
...alludes to it [AIDS] perhaps have been purposefully implanted there...=8^(

Oh, of course, God is still in control.:)