IVANTXO
03-10-2004, 11:43 AM
I hope so!

RogiFan88
03-13-2004, 02:44 AM
VAMOS, RAFA!! Win for Spain!!

Chloe le Bopper
03-13-2004, 04:24 AM
He won... forget the final score. He'll play slumping-Massu next. Hopefully he can win that. Another round or two will propell him into the top 30.

star
03-13-2004, 02:56 PM
So, I finally got my first look at Nadal last night. I was very impressed with the young man, although he's got some holes in his game and things he needs to learn yet. Nevertheless, he's the most impressive 17 year old I have ever seen.

He's also has a presence and sense of himself that is unusual to see in one so young. He walks onto the court with the swagger of a big, muscular John McEnroe.

The Spanish players turned out for him. Carlos Moya and his girlfriend sat through the first set only two seats away from me, I might add. And then two other Spanish players who I didn't recognize, because I am the worst at recognizing players, sat down right next to me. We offered to move so they could sit close to the other Spanish guys, but one of them said. "Don't worry about it. It's all right here." They stayed for the rest of the match.

White shorts.... very tight.... he kept pulling at the crotch in the behind. a lot!! And a red sleeveless shirt to show off his arms. :) And his nice wide bandana headband, white with a pale pale gray pattern.

RogiFan88
03-13-2004, 04:56 PM
You're at I Wells, Star?

Rafa beat Burgsmuller easily 62 63 I think. Is he STILL wearing the too-tight shorts/underwear?? Moya has a GF now?? Since when? A new one... nice that other Span players were watching.

Keep going, Rafa! Top 30, eh, Becca? That w be v cool!

VAMOS, SPANISH GUYS!!

Chloe le Bopper
03-14-2004, 07:35 AM
Sure would be. It'd be nice for him, and uh, potential opponents, if he was seeded at RG.

White shorts.... very tight.... he kept pulling at the crotch in the behind. a lot!!

He does that all the time, at least he has all the times I've seen him play, and other people over at vamosrafael have said the same thing when they see him play.

Apparently it's a nervous habit. There was an interview with his father a while back where he said that was why he did it, but I can't be bothered to find it at the moment.

Kiara
03-14-2004, 06:32 PM
lol yeah some players adjust their racquet strings between points, Nadal adjusts his panties. It's an ingrained habit, he could be a bit discreet about it but who cares....he doesnt :p

RogiFan88
03-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Silly Rafa! But he won his 2nd rd vs. Massu, who retired in the 2nd set... but a win is a win!! Woo hoo! Who does he play next?? I must check the draw again...

star
03-15-2004, 05:07 AM
He's playing Calleri second up on Court 6.

I'm going to be out there watching Coria so I'll just stay and watch Nadal.

The scheduling is SO crazy. All the best matches of the day are first up. Weird.

Also very Weird placing the number 4 out on Court 6. :(

But the two Americans get even worse courts. Fish and Blake are on courts 7 and 8.

Chloe le Bopper
03-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Vierd court assignments indeed.