NBL Round 15 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NBL Round 15

bad gambler
12-25-2006, 04:09 AM
Starts with the Boxing Day local derby between the two Melbourne teams. From all report this one is a sellout :eek:

sports freak
12-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Sellout = Shootout,therefor leaning on the Over 207.5pts!!!

bad gambler
12-26-2006, 04:35 AM
DT not expected to suit up for tonight

b_boy
12-26-2006, 06:47 AM
NBL Round 15
SOUTH DRAGONS v MELBOURNE TIGERS
Game Total
Win Over 208.5
1.84 (1 Unit)

bad gambler
12-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Small play on the over as well bboy

gl

bad gambler
12-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Actually on second thought, no play for me tonight

Hope you hit it though

xcrap
12-26-2006, 07:29 AM
very cold in melb today/tonight

Mr Flamboyant
12-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Can't bring myself to play the OVER in this one .. Find Melbourne a tricky team to consider as far as totals go .. Their last game against West Sydney is a prime example .. If anything I prefer to play unders in games where they're matched up against the likes of Perth or Cairns because they almost as a rule end up 90-something to 80-something ... Being a local derby this could just as easily be a scrap .. With DT on board for the Tigers I'd probably have taken the O .. anyway, good luck to those on the punt ..

dave nz
12-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Hey Flam,

Any news on the Taipans injury front for the Kings game tonight ?

Mr Flamboyant
12-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Hey Flam,

Any news on the Taipans injury front for the Kings game tonight ?

Anthony Stewart didn't travel with the team today .. Still suffering from the foot injury that kept him out of friday's game .. Other than that they're all fit to play .. Damon Thornton is onboard now too .. The 'wild child' is hoping to "whoop on" his former team tomorrow night ! :lol:

Bolar Bolabi
12-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Cairns to cover tonight.

Looking at Singapore to cover.

Will look at the totals when they come out but I will lean on the Over in Perth whatever it is at.

good_gambler
12-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Sorry guys... I've been :cuckoo: this last month or so.
Had a few bets on but I guess just had not enough time to post here and stuff.

Anyway... does anyone have anything on Ed Scott?
I mean on the way he is fitting in and so on.
I seen about 5 minutes of his game against Perth and he didn't seem to gel to well within the team BUT then again it just may have been that period of the game.
Thoughts??????

I'm kind of leaning on Cairns outright.. :unsure:

dave nz
12-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Anthony Stewart didn't travel with the team today .. Still suffering from the foot injury that kept him out of friday's game .. Other than that they're all fit to play .. Damon Thornton is onboard now too .. The 'wild child' is hoping to "whoop on" his former team tomorrow night ! :lol:

Cheers mate

Mr Flamboyant
12-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Just a word or three of warning to those lining up Cairns ats or outright tonight .. This team is 2-9 on the road 0-11 against the Kings in Sydney .. Sure the +5.5 looks tempting as a play AGAINST Sydney, but imo Cairns has done NOTHING to warrant betting them on the road .. The Kings are pretty cold at the moment but (to borrow another capper's pet saying) they do look like a "wounded bear" tonight ..

The Taipans know the key to this game is defending the Kings' perimeter shooters well and exploiting their lack of size by pounding it inside to Owens and Thornton. But Cairns' biggest problem in Sydney and on the road in general has been allowing their opposition to break a game open via a slack quarter .. Until they can play aggressively for 48 minutes I'm content to just watch and cheer ..

bad gambler
12-27-2006, 01:52 AM
This is probably Elliot's last game, Kings looking to make a move on another import in time to ensure they get within the '7 week' playoff rule. Inside word is they are still waiting on Matthews court case situation.

Initially I thought given this is at home, Kings will prevail but knowing this team too well and seeing how they have played recently and the players' general body language I have come to the realisation that this team is done for the season, crazy thing to say perhaps given they are still coming a respectable 4th on the ladder.

Too much reliance is being placed on Smith and their outside shot, even moreso then in previous years. Goorj has tried to employ a full court press style defense to someway overcome their offensive woes (I can't believe I am saying that about a Kings team!).

Stick a fork in the Kings, loading up bigtime on this play for tonight.

Taipans to cover +6 v Kings

If Snakes don't win S/U I would be amazed, forget their history at SEC, their road record and the Kings' homecourt record over the past 3 years. I'm still shopping around for the best ML price, but I can assure you I'll be hitting that one hard as well. Snakes roll tonight.

good luck

TMJordan
12-27-2006, 03:20 AM
With you on the Snakes tonight BG, playing them +5.5 good luck to us! :)

Mr Flamboyant
12-27-2006, 03:41 AM
This is probably Elliot's last game, Kings looking to make a move on another import in time to ensure they get within the '7 week' playoff rule. Inside word is they are still waiting on Matthews court case situation.

Initially I thought given this is at home, Kings will prevail but knowing this team too well and seeing how they have played recently and the players' general body language I have come to the realisation that this team is done for the season, crazy thing to say perhaps given they are still coming a respectable 4th on the ladder.

Too much reliance is being placed on Smith and their outside shot, even moreso then in previous years. Goorj has tried to employ a full court press style defense to someway overcome their offensive woes (I can't believe I am saying that about a Kings team!).

If Snakes don't win S/U I would be amazed, forget their history at SEC, their road record and the Kings' homecourt record over the past 3 years. I'm still shopping around for the best ML price, but I can assure you I'll be hitting that one hard as well. Snakes roll tonight.

good luck

What have you heard in the last 24 hours ..? Notice yesterday on another forum you tipped the Kings to win ..

bad gambler
12-27-2006, 03:47 AM
What have you heard in the last 24 hours ..? Notice yesterday on another forum you tipped the Kings to win ..

Snakes should be laying the 6, not the Kings

bad gambler
12-27-2006, 03:50 AM
Add:

Taipans to beat Kings - $3.15

good luck

TMJordan
12-27-2006, 03:53 AM
Damn I wana hit that ML, but the Snakes have been horid on the road this year...

bad gambler
12-27-2006, 03:56 AM
yep that's why they are paying $3+ :lol:

TMJordan
12-27-2006, 03:58 AM
You really fancy the ML here BG? I may tail yah on this one...

Gotta love the value here...

Thrasher
12-27-2006, 04:31 AM
I know absolutely nothing about the NBL but you guys seem to know your stuff so I will tail on the Taipans +5.5 for 3 units for a little action tonight. Btw does anyone know a live scoreboard on the net for NBL games? Thx.

GL :)

betowiec
12-27-2006, 04:42 AM
jumping on that +5.5 train along with ml @ 3.29

Bolar Bolabi
12-27-2006, 04:55 AM
I'm jumping all over the over at 196.5

Cairns +5.5

Singapore +11.5

Over 198.5

Perth have been on a scoring frenzy as of late and I see that score finishing in the vicinity of 106 - 98

Sydney and Cairns will play a hard fought match and I see that score being Cairns 101 - Sydney 99

bad gambler
12-27-2006, 04:56 AM
oy vey talk about pressure :scared:

Thrasher - www.nbl.com.au though I wouldn't hold out too much hope on it working tonight. It's on TV here in Australia so no doubt someone here will be updating in our in game thread in the forum

Thrasher
12-27-2006, 05:05 AM
oy vey talk about pressure :scared:

Thrasher - www.nbl.com.au though I wouldn't hold out too much hope on it working tonight. It's on TV here in Australia so no doubt someone here will be updating in our in game thread in the forum

Thanks a bunch BG. I just noticed that at Pinny they now have the game listed for Thursday now instead of Wednesday. Do you know what is going on?

Thx:)

Thrasher
12-27-2006, 05:07 AM
Nevermind they just changed it back to Wednesday. That was weird.

rod_steel
12-27-2006, 05:08 AM
Agree with everything that BG has just outlined. Kings are my team as well, I've also given up on their season. I usually don't play that bigger ML's but anything over $3 is a real bargain on the Taipans IMO.

Just a couple of side bets for me tonight, no real opinion on the total

Taipans +5.5 v Kings

Cats -12 v Slingers

BG you got mail.

xcrap
12-27-2006, 05:14 AM
the kings did well to keep up with perth but lost it in the later stages.

i cant bring myself punting on the snakes. still wait and see :)

Thrasher
12-27-2006, 05:18 AM
Pinny has a limit of $165 for NBL so that puts a damper on things but will still play +5.5 to win 1.65 units.

GL everyone!

rod_steel
12-27-2006, 05:21 AM
Pinny has a limit of $165 for NBL so that puts a damper on things but will still play +5.5 to win 1.65 units.

GL everyone!

You should open another betting account like centrebet I heard there were a few people here who know their stuff about NBL and other local sports like rugby and AFL ;)

good_gambler
12-27-2006, 07:43 AM

GL everyone!

Out of curiosity... so you cant bet 2 times - $150? :confused:

tkt
12-27-2006, 08:18 AM
in my bookie I have line -12. I do not like this for the following reason:
First meeting: Round one Wildcats 94 def Slingers 82 in Perth, next meeting was Round two Wildcats 109 def Slingers 100 in Singapore.

Hard to say if Wildcats will cover -12, I cannot take that. It's too risky for me. So maybe Slingers +12 or not? Really Perth will just trash Singapore by 12+ points?

And Slingers have gotten better recently. So maybe Slingers +12 is the play? I cannot see Perth just blowing them away, they just lost to 36ers on the road by only 2 points last week.

sports freak
12-27-2006, 08:34 AM
in my bookie I have line -12. I do not like this for the following reason:
First meeting: Round one Wildcats 94 def Slingers 82 in Perth, next meeting was Round two Wildcats 109 def Slingers 100 in Singapore.

Hard to say if Wildcats will cover -12, I cannot take that. It's too risky for me. So maybe Slingers +12 or not? Really Perth will just trash Singapore by 12+ points?

And Slingers have gotten better recently. So maybe Slingers +12 is the play? I cannot see Perth just blowing them away, they just lost to 36ers on the road by only 2 points last week.

Welcome to MTF,good luck on your play :) My thoughts are exactly the ame as yours,tried to look at this game both ways to get a result and was still left wondering!!Actually leaning on the Wildcats only cos i didnt like the Slingers 1st half effort against the Stinkin Pigs n if that happens in the 1st half it could be all over red rover,you will say Cats control this game therefor Unders could be a call!!!

tkt
12-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Hard to say about under, Singapore has scored ~100 points in last matches, Wildcats just have to score more here. Wouldn't touch that UNDER. But you took Wildcats -12 then?

xcrap
12-27-2006, 08:43 AM
for me, i see a blow out score. wildcats have won by 13+ in their last 2 game against breakers and kings both at perth.

i like the under as i see this becoming a blow out and perth will usually slow down after a big lead. just my opinon tho'

bad gambler
12-27-2006, 09:15 AM

good luck

Add:

Taipans to beat Kings - $3.15

good luck

lost

And I thought the Kings were bad, good grief Taipans are flat out pathetic...shocking picks from me, not even close.

sports freak
12-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Hard to say about under, Singapore has scored ~100 points in last matches, Wildcats just have to score more here. Wouldn't touch that UNDER. But you took Wildcats -12 then?

I took the -12 in the tipping comp

Mr Flamboyant
12-27-2006, 10:00 AM
lost

And I thought the Kings were bad, good grief Taipans are flat out pathetic...shocking picks from me, not even close.

And I'll see to it that they hear all about how utterly insipid they are at about 6:17pm tomorrow evening .. I'm sick of seeing the same shit year after year .. Seriously how much longer can the jokers that run this club up here con their fans into thinking they have a top four team to support??!! People aren't that stupid in the DEEP north ..

xcrap
12-27-2006, 10:03 AM
I took the -12 in the tipping comp

what tipping comp is this?

sports freak
12-27-2006, 10:10 AM
what tipping comp is this?

The one that BG is running!!

dave nz
12-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Looking at the big picture......I have thought Thornton and Cook have shown some good signs for Cairns. Two solid pickups there. Pity for them not many others are playing well right now.

sports freak
12-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Darnell Mee is just not the same this season compared to last 2!!!

Mr Flamboyant
12-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Looking at the big picture......I have thought Thornton and Cook have shown some good signs for Cairns. Two solid pickups there. Pity for them not many others are playing well right now.

The Taipans' BIG problem in every group they've ever had has been not having enough players who can fill it up .. A couple of years ago it was all riding on Marcus Timmons, nowadays it's all or nothing on Cattalini ..

When this team plays on the road you just look down the list and ask yourself, "who's going to score?" Cairns has always had a stigma as a team of "fish John West rejected" and let's face it that's pretty much what they are, with the exception of Mee and Cat.

I just can't believe how mentally fragile these guys are .. getting Stephen Black next season will be a good start .. There's at least five other guys who need to be shown the door ..

xcrap
12-27-2006, 10:51 AM
wow close game with perth.

win on -12.5 and under. :)

Mr Flamboyant
12-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Darnell Mee is just not the same this season compared to last 2!!!

Him becoming naturalised last week is the only way he remains in this league beyond this season .. Don't be surprised if he's out of Cairns though next season ..

bad gambler
12-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Would be a shame if he doesn't play, best 1-1 defender I have seen play in the league

Shame none of that was on display tonight though :o :lol:

Mr Flamboyant
12-27-2006, 10:59 AM
It's shame when great players begin to deteriorate because of age .. Darnell's best years are very much behind him .. it's a pity but it's a fact .. Performances like tonight are creeping in more and more ..

good_gambler
12-27-2006, 01:40 PM
The Taipans' BIG problem in every group they've ever had has been not having enough players who can fill it up .. A couple of years ago it was all riding on Marcus Timmons, nowadays it's all or nothing on Cattalini ..

When this team plays on the road you just look down the list and ask yourself, "who's going to score?" Cairns has always had a stigma as a team of "fish John West rejected" and let's face it that's pretty much what they are, with the exception of Mee and Cat.

I just can't believe how mentally fragile these guys are .. getting Stephen Black next season will be a good start .. There's at least five other guys who need to be shown the door ..

:speakles:
What? :sobbing:

sports freak
12-27-2006, 09:01 PM
It's shame when great players begin to deteriorate because of age .. Darnell's best years are very much behind him .. it's a pity but it's a fact .. Performances like tonight are creeping in more and more ..

Think his just in a slump atm,and a few of his team mates are on the same wagon,there doesnt seem like much team chemistry with this side atm aswell!!!

Mr Flamboyant
12-27-2006, 09:39 PM
:speakles:
What? :sobbing:

That's my mail ..

Mr Flamboyant
12-28-2006, 03:33 AM
Melbourne -10.5 vs Cairns .. hmmm .. after last night's pathetic showing I promised myself I'd jump on the Tigers ats if the line was below 12 .. Snakes do match up a little better with Melbourne but they still haven't won a single f*cking thing against the Tigers down there since the 'silent era' ... (ie ever!)

Mr Flamboyant
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Some leans / fade material for friday night's NBL :

Melbourne -10.5 ... Tigers should be super motivated for this one after a shock loss to the Dragons .. They've never lost to the Taipans in Melbourne & the Snakes haven't won a damn thing anywhere south of Innisfail since round whatever .. It seems pretty clear to me that besides Cat and Darnell, this group is mentally soft ..

UNDER 197.5 Melbourne v Cairns .. Taipans offense is spluttering like a dodgey second hand car, again, on the road .. too many guys reluctant to get involved and shoot the thing with confidence .. too much reliance on Cattalini .. This one isn't a strong lean though because Melbourne is hard to read when it comes to totals .. History of these two teams in Melbourne shows plenty of 90something - 80something scorelines (disregard last season's second game at the Cage, it was OT inflated)

Breakers +4.5 vs Singapore .. This game is being played in Newcastle .. why, I have no idea .. probably because Singapore is basically the old Hunter team with passports and a new paint job .. But basically this is a game at a neutral venue .. Carlos Powell is a big reason I like the Breakers here ..

OVER 212.5 West Sydney vs Townsville .. If this one was being played at the 'pig pen' no way do I like the 'O' .. But they're taking this one to Terrigal, scene of the Razorbacks 250 - odd track meet with Wollongong earlier this season .. Always favour the over when games are played in these little ABA venues .. the rims are usually softer and more sympathetic too ..

$@M
12-28-2006, 02:21 PM
NZ Breakers ML @ 2.85 (big play)

back to back games for the Slingers... playing at Neutral venue... Lemanis demands big performance from the team to push for the playoffs... enough to say that this will really fire up the Breakers... due for a big performance...

xcrap
12-28-2006, 10:09 PM
for me slingers recently have played better away from home than the breakers, they did well to keep up with the wildcats couple of days ago.

yes breakers need to win more for the playoff but sometimes when you need to win more it starts to play on your mind, you start to push shots and the other team who doesnt need to win can relax and play their normal game.

Mr Flamboyant
12-29-2006, 03:54 AM
Some leans / fade material for friday night's NBL :

Melbourne -10.5 ... Tigers should be super motivated for this one after a shock loss to the Dragons .. They've never lost to the Taipans in Melbourne & the Snakes haven't won a damn thing anywhere south of Innisfail since round whatever .. It seems pretty clear to me that besides Cat and Darnell, this group is mentally soft ..

UNDER 197.5 Melbourne v Cairns .. Taipans offense is spluttering like a dodgey second hand car, again, on the road .. too many guys reluctant to get involved and shoot the thing with confidence .. too much reliance on Cattalini .. This one isn't a strong lean though because Melbourne is hard to read when it comes to totals .. History of these two teams in Melbourne shows plenty of 90something - 80something scorelines (disregard last season's second game at the Cage, it was OT inflated)

Breakers +4.5 vs Singapore .. This game is being played in Newcastle .. why, I have no idea .. probably because Singapore is basically the old Hunter team with passports and a new paint job .. But basically this is a game at a neutral venue .. Carlos Powell is a big reason I like the Breakers here ..

OVER 212.5 West Sydney vs Townsville .. If this one was being played at the 'pig pen' no way do I like the 'O' .. But they're taking this one to Terrigal, scene of the Razorbacks 250 - odd track meet with Wollongong earlier this season .. Always favour the over when games are played in these little ABA venues .. the rims are usually softer and more sympathetic too ..

Refining the above slightly ..

UNDER 197.5 Melbourne vs Taipans .. History shows when these two get together at the Cage it's bump and grind .. Probably because both teams match up fairly well on each other .. Even though Melbourne boasts an obvious class advantage .. Add to this, Cairns is really struggling at the offensive end right now .. I don't think Melbourne in Melbourne is the situation or the place where Cairns breaks out of it's offensive funk ..

Also, having talked to a certain injured Taipan today, who spoke to a certain Taipans mvp candidate on the phone today, I can say the Snakes are apparently pretty fired up for this game .. how much to read into that? I don't know...Personally I think the Taipans will have to play pretty well just to beat the Tigers ats tonight, but I'm staying away from the Tigers -10.5 ..

OVER 212.5 West Syd vs Townsville is still a lean albeit marginal .. don't like assuming teams are going to shoot well enough to get over a total that high .. although the defensive deficiencies of both and the fact the Terrigal gym seems suited to high scoring games has me interested ..

dave nz
12-29-2006, 05:17 AM
One for me tonight :

Cairns +12 over Melbourne------------1 unit

gl

dave

Bolar Bolabi
12-29-2006, 05:29 AM
Melbourne -10.5

New Zealand +5.5

Will also take over 204.5

Townsville V West Sydney - Over 213.5

Good luck.

Projected scores:

Melbourne 96 - Cairns 80

Townsville 112 - West Sydney 104

Singapore 106 - New Zealand 104

Mr Flamboyant
12-29-2006, 05:36 AM
Hoping to ride the Taipans pathetic offense tonight ...

UNDER 197.5 Melbourne vs Cairns ..

BOL ..

TMJordan
12-29-2006, 05:50 AM
Snakes are fucking horrible on the road...Melbourne should win by 20...but I am not betting on any match tonight, good luck mates.

bad gambler
12-29-2006, 06:43 AM
Harvey to score 24 points or more - $2.30

good luck

sports freak
12-29-2006, 07:02 AM

good luck

Harvey will score 20pts by half time,wonder if there to scared to put a prop on Newley :D

sports freak
12-29-2006, 07:06 AM
for me slingers recently have played better away from home than the breakers, they did well to keep up with the wildcats couple of days ago.

yes breakers need to win more for the playoff but sometimes when you need to win more it starts to play on your mind, you start to push shots and the other team who doesnt need to win can relax and play their normal game.

To be honest i feel its gonna be a close game and therefor taking the pts is worth the while,also i cant believe no one hyping up the Over 204.5pts in this game which i think is a steal with no defence n just all out offence,can honestly see this game flying way over,but like Flamb mentioned the Unders 197.5pts in Melbourne seems like an absolute steal no doubt!!!

dave nz
12-29-2006, 09:34 AM
One for me tonight :

Cairns +12 over Melbourne------------1 unit

gl

dave

Push

bad gambler
12-29-2006, 10:12 AM

good luck

win

$@M
12-29-2006, 10:32 AM
NZ Breakers ML @ 2.85 (big play)

back to back games for the Slingers... playing at Neutral venue... Lemanis demands big performance from the team to push for the playoffs... enough to say that this will really fire up the Breakers... due for a big performance...

lost ... :banghead:

Bolar Bolabi
12-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Melbourne -10.5

New Zealand +5.5

Will also take over 204.5

Townsville V West Sydney - Over 213.5

Good luck.

Projected scores:

Melbourne 96 - Cairns 80

Townsville 112 - West Sydney 104

Singapore 106 - New Zealand 104

2 - 2

bossboss
12-29-2006, 09:33 PM
2 - 2

you mean 3-1

Bolar Bolabi
12-29-2006, 10:41 PM
you mean 3-1

Yeah I meant 3 - 1. I was extremely tired last night when I posted it. 2 was a typo.

Bolar Bolabi
12-30-2006, 04:11 AM
Brisbane V Sydney - Over 203.5

Sydney +11

South V Perth - Over 202.5

South to win @ $1.85

Good luck

Projected scores

Bullets 108 - Sydney 98

Dragons 110 - Wildcats 106

Good luck

Mr Flamboyant
12-30-2006, 04:14 AM
Yeah I think I'm with you on the Dragons OVER .. My line is a little lower too - 200.5 ....

Bolar Bolabi
12-30-2006, 04:18 AM
Yeah, total is too low. Dragons will score over 100 but it depends on whether or not Perth can and lately, they will

Mr Flamboyant
12-30-2006, 04:23 AM
I'd be surprised if the Dragons held Perth below triple figures .. what with their 'matador' defense and all .. :lol:

dave nz
12-30-2006, 05:13 AM
One tonight :

South Dragons ML (-105) over Perth------------1 unit

gl

dave

bad gambler
12-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Dragons to beat Cats - $1.90

good luck

Mr Flamboyant
12-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Had a feeling Sydney might start like this ..

Bolar Bolabi
12-30-2006, 07:54 AM
It's good

It helps the overs

dave nz
12-30-2006, 09:34 AM
One tonight :

South Dragons ML (-105) over Perth------------1 unit

gl

dave

Bet lost

bad gambler
12-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Dragons to beat Cats - $1.90

good luck

lost

no other comment :rolleyes:

Mr Flamboyant
12-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Almost a carbon copy of their previous meeting .. amazing .. Perth are the ironmen of the NBL ..

sports freak
12-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Almost a carbon copy of their previous meeting .. amazing .. Perth are the ironmen of the NBL ..

Unfreakinbelievable :rolleyes:

bad gambler
12-30-2006, 10:15 AM
And nice to see the Kings completely blow the game down the stretch tonight

This is another one of their meltdowns this time in the last 2min similar to the Crocs game earier this season. They are not playing like a Goorj coached team

sports freak
12-30-2006, 11:00 AM
And nice to see the Kings completely blow the game down the stretch tonight

This is another one of their meltdowns this time in the last 2min similar to the Crocs game earier this season. They are not playing like a Goorj coached team

Atleast they showed up unlike most other teams who just quit half way through!!To be honest i think Goorj is just a wonderful Coach!!

Bolar Bolabi
12-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Brisbane V Sydney - Over 203.5

Sydney +11

South V Perth - Over 202.5

South to win @ $1.85

Good luck

Projected scores

Bullets 108 - Sydney 98

Dragons 110 - Wildcats 106

Good luck

3 - 1 again. My streak continues. Just as I thought, Kings took it right up to the Bullets as they usually do.

sports freak
12-30-2006, 11:14 AM
3 - 1 again. My streak continues. Just as I thought, Kings took it right up to the Bullets as they usually do.

Nice work Bolar :)

Mr Flamboyant
12-31-2006, 03:48 AM
Would be nice to round out 2006 on a winning note ..

Tonight's leans :

OVER 209.5 Townsville vs Melbourne Pretty self explanatory imo ..

Perth -2.5 vs Adelaide .. Looks like a real sucker bet this one .. Perth on a back to back and off a big comeback win last night. But I think the Wildcats are one of the fittest teams in the NBL. They also boast a big edge over Adelaide in the front court.

Dragons +4.5 vs Wollongong .. Dragons should be angry after last night's loss .. They did the business against the Hawks a couple of weeks ago and what sort of state will the hosts be in after their week that was?

also notice a bit of interest has come for the UNDER 203.5 in Cairns .. Makes sense given both teams' recent heavy schedule but I don't really trust West Sydney to produce the stops ..

Bolar Bolabi
12-31-2006, 03:51 AM
I'd be wary of that bet on the Dragons. Wollongong are well rested.

Bolar Bolabi
12-31-2006, 04:33 AM
Anyway there are a few bets I love tonight.

Townsville V Melbourne - Over 209.5 points. - This should hit. Townsville at home are a very attacking high efficient scoring team and Melbourne will go with them. This will be a fast paced game.

Townsville +2.5 - I think Townsville will win, but I'm too pussy to play Townsville to win so I will stick with the line. Townsville are a different team at home and Townsville love playing New Years Eve.

Wollongong V South Melbourne - Over 206.5

Wollongong are well rested and South Melbourne play no defence. This will be another fast paced close game and I expect both these teams to score over 100. Wollongong are fresh and should have no trouble putting triple digits on the board. The only thing I'm worried about is the heavy schedule the Dragons have endured but they will attack.

I'm leaning towards the Hawks to cover and I think they should win this by 5 or 6 points. But I'm not going to take it.

Cairns V West Sydney - Over 200.5

One thing we all know is that West Sydney will bring it right up to their opponents. Cairns have been unimpressive and West Sydney are crap. Put these two sides together and I see a lot of mistake turnover ball. Cattalini should have a field day for the Taipans and that is going to help the overs. I see this one hitting comfortably.

My bet of the night is West Sydney +12 @ $1.90.

Cairns are giving too many points with the way they have been playing. Sure they are a different team at home but West Sydney will fight. This is going to be a tight game. It actually wouldn't surprise me if West Sydney wins. I'm loving this line. It's generous.

Adelaide V Perth - Over 199.5 - Adelaide need to win and I believe they will win. This will be a very close match. Perth won't flog Adelaide like many believe. Living in Adelaide, I know that the 36ers are pumped up for this match. This means one thing. A free flowing game. This should hit. Again, it woudn't surprise me to see Adelaide win but I'm not playing any sides, just the over.

Projected scores

Adelaide 104 - Perth 102

Townsville 110 - Melbourne 108

Wollongong 108 - Dragons 104

West Sydney 106 - Cairns 104

Good luck!

Bolar Bolabi
12-31-2006, 04:39 AM
I forgot to mention, doing some research, Townsville have won 6 of their last 7 on NYE

bad gambler
12-31-2006, 06:21 AM
Love it Bolar

Crocs to beat Tigers - $2.20

and have to roll with the new coach factor in the early game:

Hawks to cover -4 v Dragons

good luck

Mr Flamboyant
12-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Find it hard to split Townsville and Melbourne .. The Bullets' win last night makes this game all lthe more important for the Tigers ..

What I do suspect is that there will be points scored .. lots of them ..

OVER 209.5 Crocs vs Tigers ....

Bolar Bolabi
12-31-2006, 06:57 AM
The overs in Wollongong is off to a flyer. 59 in the first quarter.

Mr Flamboyant
12-31-2006, 06:59 AM
Hmmmm .. Melbourne playing it's third match of this round .. A real toss up between the over and or the Crocs in this one .. starting to like the home win a little more than the total ..

its.like.that
12-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Hmmmm .. Melbourne playing it's third match of this round .. A real toss up between the over and or the Crocs in this one .. starting to like the home win a little more than the total ..

:lol:

My thoughts exactly!

Mr Flamboyant
12-31-2006, 07:31 AM
F*ck it .. how can you pass on an inform home dog with a 9-1 record and the best crowd in the business packing it out on a new years eve?! :silly:

Townsville to beat Melbourne - $2.10

Crocs rule!

sports freak
12-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah i got the same feeling Crocs are up for this game after the belting the recieved by the Bullets,also like Bolar mentioned to much pts for Razorcraps and maybe its their best chance for an away win believe it or not!!!

Mr Flamboyant
12-31-2006, 08:16 AM
Must admit I's surprised by the amount of support for West Sydney with the points up here tonight .. You forget this is where the Taipans are "Dr Jeckyl" ..

They stink badly on the road but if there's one thing Cairns has demonstrated time and again over the past two seasons it's the ability to hit back hard at home .. It is their fortress .. I'm not betting it, but I expect the boys to come out angry tonight and win this game by a big margin ..

sports freak
12-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Must admit I's surprised by the amount of support for West Sydney with the points up here tonight .. You forget this is where the Taipans are "Dr Jeckyl" ..

They stink badly on the road but if there's one thing Cairns has demonstrated time and again over the past two seasons it's the ability to hit back hard at home .. It is their fortress .. I'm not betting it, but I expect the boys to come out angry tonight and win this game by a big margin ..

hehehe another Homie :rolleyes: joking! For me i see it the other way with the Pigs edging close to a win and where can they get a win the most easiest atm believe it or not?Flamb is it me or is it just De javu with the Dragons on the Weekend against Wildcats/Hawks :confused:p.s i take it you took ur Snakes in the tipping comp?

Mr Flamboyant
12-31-2006, 08:30 AM
Further to that, I expect the Taipans to play great defense tonight .. BOLAR BOLABI, if the Pigs get within a two iron of your projected 106 points I'll give up my day job!!

bad gambler
12-31-2006, 08:32 AM
Flambo - you reckon a Cat prop of 28 or over is worth a shot?

My only concern is he gets benched in the 4th qtr - there is absolutely nobody in the Pigs team that match up with him, conceivably he could hit that mark by 3/4 time

Mr Flamboyant
12-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Flambo - you reckon a Cat prop of 28 or over is worth a shot?

My only concern is he gets benched in the 4th qtr - there is absolutely nobody in the Pigs team that match up with him, conceivably he could hit that mark by 3/4 time

Sorry BG .. Was literally out the door after I wrote that last post .. good thing didn't get on Cat (?) .. he's carry a couple of niggles atm .. was given an extended rest late in the match .. think it was a knee or a quad strain or something ..

Mr Flamboyant
12-31-2006, 10:49 PM
F*ck it .. how can you pass on an inform home dog with a 9-1 record and the best crowd in the business packing it out on a new years eve?! :silly:

Townsville to beat Melbourne - $2.10

Crocs rule!

W

Crocs rule ...

Mr Flamboyant
12-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Further to that, I expect the Taipans to play great defense tonight .. BOLAR BOLABI, if the Pigs get within a two iron of your projected 106 points I'll give up my day job!!

Well they took a while to get it going but that third quarter was complete lock down from the Snakes .. Pigs with about three or four shot clock violations ..

Here's a strong tip for next season .. CORTEZ GROVES TO THE TAIPANS ... You heard it here first .. ;) My mail is it's virtually a done deal .. James Harvey also wants to come here ..