IW: Roddick v. Safin Aussie rematch. Marat goes for the 3-0 Bitch TKO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW: Roddick v. Safin Aussie rematch. Marat goes for the 3-0 Bitch TKO

Tennis Fool
03-10-2004, 02:43 AM
What are your thoughts on the rematch?

Deboogle!.
03-10-2004, 02:53 AM
my thoughts? Andy will want to win really badly I'm sure. But he has to get through Gambill first, and he gives Andy trouble. the hot weather will help Andy's back but he's definitely not 100% so I don't know if he'll be physically able to play well enough to win. conclusion? I'm really not sure what will happen.

TennisLurker
03-10-2004, 02:58 AM
What is his back problem?

tangerine_dream
03-10-2004, 03:01 AM
Would love to see Roddick beat Safin. Those are my deep thoughts. ;)

But am I ever gonna see a Roddick-Hewitt rematch? :sad: That's the one matchup I'm dying to see.

Havok
03-10-2004, 03:02 AM
it's gonna be one good match :banana: or at least i hope it will be:o

Action Jackson
03-10-2004, 03:16 AM
How about talking more about this match, the next time it actually happens. What ifs don't add up until it actually happens.

Lurker, Roddick has had some alleged back problems in Scottsadle. Hopefully these will be sorted out I mean he definitely needs to improve the area around the abs, fitball and do some back strengthening work at the gym.

If they are that bad he shouldn't be playing, but no I don't want him injured at all, for one I don't wish playing to be injured and two as many of the believers will use it an excuse for when he gets beaten.

Yes, I said believers will use it as an excuse, not Roddick.

TennisLurker
03-10-2004, 03:31 AM
Back problems suck, I hope he gets better.

Tennis Fool
03-10-2004, 03:37 AM
Roddick has had some alleged back problems in Scottsadle.
You question this?

Deboogle!.
03-10-2004, 03:38 AM
It started in San Jose he said, but didn't seem to bother his playing. Then the day of his Memphis match against Enqvist he said he was leaving the locker room and turned his head the wrong way and his neck froze up. He got it worked on but it was a problem during that match and he said he almost didn't even play. I could dig up the quotes, but he said he couldn't really go for his serves or his shots without hesitating a little with it.

Then he had almost 2 weeks off before Scottsdale. I saw 2 of his matches in Scottsdale and my mom was with me for one of them and she has a bad back and said that Andy was moving like someone who had a back pain, just kind of the way he was wincing a little and adjusting himself (mostly when he bent over when he was receiving serve, my mom mentioned it). Specifically, I remember b/c it was almost the end of the match it was Gambill serving at 4-5 in the third at 30-30 and Andy moved a little and my mom said "oh no, that doesn't look good"... but he won the next two points and won the match but said afterwards in the interview on court that it was hurting and stiff. It was also cold, which didn't help, and it was his second match of the day on top of it. To me, as someone who doesn't have back problems and doesn't know how someone would look who did, he looked ok to me and he played great against Gambill, but then the next night he stunk up the place, so who knows how badly it's bothering him at any particular time or how it's affecting how he plays.

The warmer weather at IW should help stay a little looser, but he's serving a little slower than normal and stuff. Hopefully it's nothing serious but against a guy like Safin, obviously any little bit it takes off his best game is not a good thing lol

Action Jackson
03-10-2004, 03:46 AM
You question this?
I don't believe everything I am told or read, especially when I can't speak to or believe that source is reliable, hence I said alleged back problems. If Roddick has back problems and they are that serious then he shouldn't be playing and focusing on strengthening his back and perhaps make some modifications.

What I don't want to see or hear is people using Roddick's back problems as an excuse everytime he gets beaten.

J. Corwin
03-10-2004, 04:27 AM
Well the title of the thread is correct. It's stating that it's a potential, which it is after all...

Fedex
03-10-2004, 05:08 AM
Go Marat!!! Marat could of closed his match with Andy in 4 sets, but let him escape, and it ended up going to the wire. I'm sure Marat wont make the same mistake ;)

Deboogle!.
03-10-2004, 05:32 AM
What I don't want to see or hear is people using Roddick's back problems as an excuse everytime he gets beaten.

well no one has done it yet and hopefully no one will start. He lost the match last week to spadea b/c he flaked out and gave it away and he admitted as such.

But on the other hand it really IS keeping him from playing his absolute best, serving if nothing else. I agree, if it's that bad he shouldn't be playing and it might not be that bad, who knows, no one really knows what's wrong. With the people he has around him and the amount he pays him, one would hope that #1 they are giving him good advice and #2 he listens to it.

well whatever, we'll know it all soon enough...

Action Jackson
03-10-2004, 06:01 AM
The excuses have already started happening bunk, it will get to a point where it will be too much, as I said before I don't wish for any player to be injured irrespective of what you may think.

lsy
03-10-2004, 06:02 AM
well no one has done it yet and hopefully no one will start. He lost the match last week to spadea b/c he flaked out and gave it away and he admitted as such.

But on the other hand it really IS keeping him from playing his absolute best, serving if nothing else. I agree, if it's that bad he shouldn't be playing and it might not be that bad, who knows, no one really knows what's wrong. With the people he has around him and the amount he pays him, one would hope that #1 they are giving him good advice and #2 he listens to it.

well whatever, we'll know it all soon enough...

Bunk, just like few Rogi's fans who believe he choked and gave the match away to Andy last Montreal which you critised, you're doing the same thing here. Do give some credit to Spadea, from what I saw he did win the match, Andy didn't give it to him. Andy himself said Spadea was playing well vs him in those baseline rallies. It's no doubt Andy's first serves was not his best from 2nd set onwards, but the match stats actually indicated that both players weren't serving well, in fact Andy had a slightly better 1st serves % than Spadea. That's got to say something about the match, doesn't it? I almost felt like Andy had been under pressures of constantly getting the hardest serves in to blow his opponents away, but when it didn't he's frustrated. Not a good sign. I don't know if it's possible for him to serve his best at most matches? Anyway, I might be wrong but that's just my feeling after watching the match.

Domino
03-10-2004, 06:05 AM
If this match happens, then we are going to have one hell of a third round match. If not, then we all get on with the tournament. I find that a lot of seeds seem to find having Bye's hurt them because their opponent has had some matchplay on the surface already, so we might not see this matchup.

Deboogle!.
03-10-2004, 06:18 AM
ok perhaps I used the wrong words. I saw Spadea play last week and he played quite well against Blake and Arthurs and before the match, I definitely knew he was going to make Andy work, if not beat him, so I wasn't surprised at all. I don't think Andy choked, but he also admitted himself that he let up, and he was clearly mad at himself for letting him back into the second set (his words, not mine). That doesn't mean Spadea didn't outplay him and deserve to win, certainly he did. And I never said that Andy deserved ALL the credit for beating Roger in Montreal, before I get called a hypocrite. My problem with what some people have said about that match wasn't that people said Roger wasn't at his best, but that Roger DEFINITELY Would have won had he been - it just sort of takes it away from Andy. Maybe that's just my interpretation of it but whatever. I've said it a million times, there's a big difference between saying someone wasn't at their best, and saying that the person who won didn't deserve it 100% and wouldn't have won anyway.

I don't know what happened in the match, I didn't see it. Maybe Spadea's first serve % was lower, but you can't compare, since Andy's serve is his go-to thing and it's not Spadea's. Someone who saw the match said on another board that by the 3rd set, Andy had stopped running for shots. Maybe his back was bothering him from playing so much the day before, maybe he just went on a mental vacation, maybe Vince started playing really really well and Andy couldn't figure it out? Probably a combination of all three on some level, I don't know.

But how that relates to this possible 3rd rnd IW match, I don't know. As I said, Andy still has to get through Gambill first and that will be quite a test. I almost don't really want to look towards the Safin match to jinx the one before it lol.

Then again Gambill could lose to a qualifier for all we know. And Safin *could* lose to Davydenko, stranger things have happened.

I'm quite sure I'm not making any sense anymore, so I'll just stop and go to bed.

WyveN
03-10-2004, 06:30 AM
if roddick loses to marat again he will be entering whipping boy territory

lsy
03-10-2004, 06:31 AM
well, he did stop running for shots but not easy shots. In fact I think Spadea had made him run so much around the baseline and forced him way out of his position. It was either he simple ran out of gas or just accepted that he coudn't get those shots.

I haven't seen any Safin matches except for AO semi vs Andre and Roger. But if Andy's gonna serves like how he did vs Spadea, I think his chances vs Safin is really quite slim. But I just really can't wait to see it, I missed their match in AO. However, George is right if Andy's back is really in bad condition, he really shouldn't play here. The last thing Andy wants is to worsen the injury.

Action Jackson
03-10-2004, 06:32 AM
if roddick loses to marat again he will be entering whipping boy territory

It would be fun to see that, though if Safin reaches 5 wins to Roddick's 0 or 1 then that will be pigeon territory.

*Marat BigFan*
03-10-2004, 10:48 AM
MARAT WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tangerine_dream
03-10-2004, 03:32 PM
The excuses have already started happening bunk, it will get to a point where it will be too much, as I said before I don't wish for any player to be injured irrespective of what you may think.

Hey GWH welcome back from the Mother Ship. :wavey:

Action Jackson
03-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Yes tangerinus I missed you as well.

Leo
03-11-2004, 01:22 AM
Neither has played particularly well since Oz, if I'm not mistaken. It probably won't be as high quality a match as their Aussie Open QF (if it actually takes place). The result is definitely a question mark at this point; it could easily go either way.

Leo
03-11-2004, 01:24 AM
I can't believe people are still talking about Roddick/Federer from Toronto?! :eek: Roddick legitimately won the match. Period. Fed fans need to get over it and realize that their player is #1 now.

rogicomel
03-11-2004, 01:33 AM
Goooo Marat! Make it 3-0. That would be really nice!

lsy
03-11-2004, 03:50 AM
I can't believe people are still talking about Roddick/Federer from Toronto?! :eek: Roddick legitimately won the match. Period. Fed fans need to get over it and realize that their player is #1 now.

If you're referring to my post, I think you got it wrong. I wasn't talking about Roddick/Federer, it's about Roddick/Spadea.

Deboogle!.
03-11-2004, 04:09 AM
Neither has played particularly well since Oz, if I'm not mistaken. It probably won't be as high quality a match as their Aussie Open QF (if it actually takes place). The result is definitely a question mark at this point; it could easily go either way.

I think they've both had their moments. Andy played some great tennis at DC, in San Jose (pretty much the whole tournament) and Scottsdale (in the quarterfinal), and Marat has had some good matches too right (don't follow him as much so I wouldn't know). So yea, definitely agreed that it's a biiiiiiiiig ? right now

merle
03-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Marat lost a tight 5-setter to Mirnyi at the DC in Minsk and to Fed in the 1st rd in Dubai 6-7, 6-7. As Marat said it could have gone both ways. I hope Marat hasn't lost his figting spirit and Andy's back will be OK!

Tennis Fool
03-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Here we go :D

Havok
03-15-2004, 02:11 AM
well Marat nearly lost that second set to the qualifier:scared: Andy was serving out of his mind in his match vs Gambill, and if Safin slips up like he did in his 2nd round match it will be enough for Andy to seal the deal. I think this will be a very good match, as it seems as though Andy's back is in pretty good shape and I'm taking it that Marat is playing some good ball right???

Leo
03-15-2004, 02:39 AM
Andy was serving well but returning horribly for msot of the match. I didn't see Marat, but, based on the scoreline, he seemed to struggle with that nobody. I honestly don't think this match will be as high quality as their Aussie Open clash.

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 02:43 AM
um Leo, that's about as well as Andy returns :haha:

If current form carries through, Andy should win, considering his opponent today was much-higher ranked and knows his game quite well. But since when does that ever happen :p

Andy's not gonna go down 0-3 without a fight though, I'm sure of that.

rogicomel
03-15-2004, 02:43 AM
Yeah! Roddick won 6-1 6-2 6-3 over Schalken in his fourth rd of the Aussie Open but still lost to Marat in quarter. I still believe in Marat.

Go Marat! Marat merat!!!!

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 02:45 AM
Yeah! Roddick won 6-1 6-2 6-3 over Schalken in his fourth rd of the Aussie Open but still lost to Marat in quarter.

And that's relevant because?? :scratch:

Plus, 6-4 in the 5th set isn't exactly a spanking lol

I just need to remember to stay off this damn board tomorrow again, no matter what happens. that seems to work :)

WyveN
03-15-2004, 02:46 AM
I will go for Marat but it will probably be close

having said that I haven't seen Marat since AO so it is tough to say what form he is in, is this match tomorrow?

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 02:48 AM
tomorrow at 2pm local CA time

Leo
03-15-2004, 02:49 AM
um Leo, that's about as well as Andy returns :haha:

If current form carries through, Andy should win, considering his opponent today was much-higher ranked and knows his game quite well. But since when does that ever happen :p

Andy's not gonna go down 0-3 without a fight though, I'm sure of that.

Well, his return game in the first set was definitely not all there. I didn't watch the second set out of boredom, but I know he can return better than he did in that first set today. And he'll probably have to if Marat's serve is on like it was Down Under.

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 02:51 AM
Oh you didn't watch the second set??? It was like 2 different matches lol. Andy had 17 winners to 1 error in the second set and at least 2-3 clean return winners (which for him, mind you, is astounding :lol: ). He played astronomically better in the second set, which is of course what he has to do against Marat, and I'm sure he knows that.

Leo
03-15-2004, 02:52 AM
tomorrow at 2pm local CA time

So that's the live ESPN match?

I really wish they had extended coverage so we could watch some of the other players! Even the other Americans, like Andre (his match against Dom should be fun) or Lindsay/Meghann. Or how about two time defending champ Hewitt, comeback kid Haas, or, you know, that guy who's #1 right now. What's his name again?

But no, it's Andy All The Time.

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 02:54 AM
So that's the live ESPN match?

I really wish they had extended coverage so we could watch some of the other players! Even the other Americans, like Andre (his match against Dom should be fun) or Lindsay/Meghann. Or how about two time defending champ Hewitt, comeback kid Haas, or, you know, that guy who's #1 right now. What's his name again?

But no, it's Andy All The Time.

Yes it's the live ESPN2 day match. But ESPN2 is also showing coverage at 10eastern (7 pacific) and that'll be Andre's match, based on tomorrow's OOP. *really badly does not want to get into another beaten-to-death ESPN discussion*

Leo
03-15-2004, 02:55 AM
Oh you didn't watch the second set??? It was like 2 different matches lol. Andy had 17 winners to 1 error in the second set and at least 2-3 clean return winners (which for him, mind you, is astounding :lol: ). He played astronomically better in the second set, which is of course what he has to do against Marat, and I'm sure he knows that.

Okie dokie. Yeah, because I was not at all impressed by his return game in the first set (what was he, like 0/9 on break points?!) but it looks like he picked it up after all.

I'm still refraining from choosing one player to win this match, since it should be very close, but right now I'll give the slight edge to Roddick. Of course, I did that last time against Marat too and he didn't win.

Leo
03-15-2004, 02:56 AM
Yes it's the live ESPN2 day match. But ESPN2 is also showing coverage at 10eastern (7 pacific) and that'll be Andre's match, based on tomorrow's OOP. *really badly does not want to get into another beaten-to-death ESPN discussion*

Oh, but how can they neglect the women? :(

(By women, I of course mean Lindsay)

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 03:01 AM
Okie dokie. Yeah, because I was not at all impressed by his return game in the first set (what was he, like 0/9 on break points?!) but it looks like he picked it up after all.

I'm still refraining from choosing one player to win this match, since it should be very close, but right now I'll give the slight edge to Roddick. Of course, I did that last time against Marat too and he didn't win.

Yea, I don't know what he changed in the set changeover but he really stepped it up in all areas of his game, from everything from serve % to volleys to his FH which was not working in the first set, etc., including returns.

I'm not choosing a winner either. Then again I didn't last time either, and I never ever do lmao.

Why aren't they showing Lindsay's matches? I don't know :( Hopefully they will soon. When Andy and Andre lose, they'll sort of have to lmgdfao

Leo
03-15-2004, 03:05 AM
Why aren't they showing Lindsay's matches? I don't know :( Hopefully they will soon. When Andy and Andre lose, they'll sort of have to lmgdfao

She may be American, but she's never been as "charismatic" or marketable.

But I'm sure we'll get to see plenty of her this week. After all, her draw is a Tier III cakewalk until the finals. She shouldn't lose a set before facing Henin/Myskina/Kuznetsova in the last round.

Btw, if Davenport wins this week, she'll become the first woman (or person, not sure) in history to win IW three times. Plus, she's one title away from #40! :banana:

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 03:07 AM
Chang has won it 3 times on the men's side... not sure about anyone else. But I hope she does well. It sounds like she's playing fantastically so far, so that's great :)

But if Lindsay is the only "major" American left, they'll show her no matter how marketable she is lol. They might show James over her, but probably not Mardy or Spadea (talk about not marketable or charismatic).

Billabong
03-15-2004, 03:22 AM
I hope Marat wins:)! GO Marat:D!

Action Jackson
03-15-2004, 03:30 AM
Come on Marat make it three in a row, he hasn't beaten you yet and don't let him start beating you now.

Denise
03-15-2004, 03:58 AM
Marat is totally superior!!!!!!!!!! He'll gonna win. GO MARAT! :p Andy talk a bit about Marat in this interview:

Q. Back to Safin for a second. Coming off of Australia, what are your thoughts here? Were you surprised by his improvement, his concentration there?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know about improvement. I mean, when I hear that question in regards to Marat, he was a pretty good player before he got hurt. I mean, you know, he's been No. 1 in the world before. So I don't know if it's some vast improvement that all of a sudden he come out and shocked people.

I was impressed, he had a lot of tough matches. It just showed that he put in the work in the off-season physically which probably helped him mentally. Yeah, that was very impressive.

Q. The word in the locker room is always, "Hang in there and there will be a lapse of concentration at some point from him." Is that maybe no longer true?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I mean, obviously he did something to prove that notion wrong in Australia. The knock on him was that maybe he'd take days off sometimes.
But so far this year, I mean, he hasn't played too much, but at the Aussie Open, he definitely was the exact opposite.

Denise
03-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Come on Marat make it three in a row, he hasn't beaten you yet and don't let him start beating you now.

he WON'T start beatin' him now!!!! loll... VAMOS MA'!!!!!!!

Fedex
03-15-2004, 04:11 AM
Marat's going to kick Andy's ass. Andy is Marat's bitch, and i'm sure he wants it to stay that way ;)

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 04:13 AM
denise_v, that's from today - where did you get the transcript so fast? Thanks!

tangerine_dream
03-15-2004, 04:28 AM
Marat barely beat Andy at AO and if the cheatin' Russian hadn't called for a convenient medical time-out Andy probably would've won because he was on fire that first set and Marat couldn't do much about it except stall the game play. :devil:

Seriously, I'd like to see a rivalry develop between these two but it can't happen if Andy keeps losing. So GO ANDY! :banana: Now would be a good time to throw another monkey off your back this week. :yeah: :bounce: :cool:

Domino
03-15-2004, 04:36 AM
Tangerine, you cannot seriously believe such a thing. How many times did Andy pull such a stunt and nobody complains?

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 04:38 AM
tangy, I get your humor even if others do not:)

Fedex
03-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Marat played a VERY shitty 1st set, but then upped his game. He should of won this in 4, he had break chances in the 4th, but didnt take advantage of them. Plus the fact that Marat was only starting to find his form. That was still safin FAR from his best in that match!!

Fedex
03-15-2004, 04:41 AM
And even if Marat somehow lets Andy win, Timmy will always be there to sweep Andy off the court. But i feel Safin will beat him to it ;)

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 04:45 AM
And even if Marat somehow lets Andy win, Timmy will always be there to sweep Andy off the court. But i feel Safin will beat him to it ;)

Because *obviously* the only way Andy can win is if Marat "lets" him. That actually says as much bad about Marat as it does Andy, but really, it's like more than a little bit OLD.

Domino
03-15-2004, 04:45 AM
Tru dat, Fedex

Denise
03-15-2004, 04:46 AM
denise_v, that's from today - where did you get the transcript so fast? Thanks!

Hey Bunk, U welcome!!!!! I didn't realize that i was so fast with the trascript lollll... I took it from safinator :) the fans are there so they give the info more fast. Thanks girls from safinator and christine with the new pics :angel:

tangerine_dream
03-15-2004, 04:46 AM
tangy, I get your humor even if others do not:)

I know you do, bunk. You're cool that way. :banana:

And Dominic, are you new here? Try doing a search on "Andy Roddick" and you will come across some of the most idiotic, spiteful, hateful crap posted about him here. Many posters here seem to do nothing BUT complain about and rag on him, whether he is deserving of it or not.

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Hey Bunk, U welcome!!!!! I didn't realize that i was so fast with the trascript lollll... I took it from safinator :) the fans are there so they give the info more fast. Thanks girls from safinator and christine with the new pics :angel:

Oh ok thanks :) I guess a site like that one wouldn't have Andy's whole transcript (which was what I'd want lol) LOL

That's a really nice site though :yeah:

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 04:50 AM
I know you do, bunk. You're cool that way. :banana:

Must be our Masshole brains that are wired the same way ;) :kiss:

Wait, why are we even here? We must be masochists. But I will use all self-control I possess to not be here tomorrow. Thankfully there's good TV on Monday night ;)

tangerine_dream
03-15-2004, 05:14 AM
:haha: Masochistic Massholes. That's exactly what we are! :hug:

I'm putting that in my sig. You rule. :rocker2:

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 05:19 AM
HAHAHAHA OMG ME TOO!!!! omg DYING!!!!

Proph
03-15-2004, 05:50 AM
LOL...you guys kill me

Denise
03-15-2004, 05:52 AM
Oh ok thanks :) I guess a site like that one wouldn't have Andy's whole transcript (which was what I'd want lol) LOL

That's a really nice site though :yeah:

why not?? LOL!!! I don't see any prob have andy's transcript lol. Sorry if wasn't the whole thing. That is a nice site indeed. Anyways, are u roddick's fan?? awwww... u girls are really brave to..... lol j/k

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 05:55 AM
why not?? LOL!!! I don't see any prob have andy's transcript lol. Sorry if wasn't the whole thing. That is a nice site indeed. Anyways, are u roddick's fan?? awwww... u girls are really brave to..... lol j/k

LOL It's ok Q on the Andy forum got us the whole thing. Yes I am an Andy fan and I'm proud. I like Marat too, actually, but don't know him well enough, haven't seen him play enough, to be a huge fan yet. we're brave? Why? because most people here like him and make it miserable to be an Andy fan? No, we're just tough bitches :)

Denise
03-15-2004, 06:22 AM
LOL It's ok Q on the Andy forum got us the whole thing. Yes I am an Andy fan and I'm proud. I like Marat too, actually, but don't know him well enough, haven't seen him play enough, to be a huge fan yet. we're brave? Why? because most people here like him and make it miserable to be an Andy fan? No, we're just tough bitches :)

Great u read the whole thing :)
I knew u may be a roddick's fan 'cause ur coments and of course, ur siggy!! LOL!!!!! Do u like Marat?? that's amazing... I guess it's not very commom to have a person who likes Andy and MArat at the same time... am i wrong?? I'm a huge fan o MArat Safin!!!!!! I'm damm proud. Well, u don't know Marat well enough to be a huge fan, so i bet if u watch him more u'll gonna love him :p

Yeah, for me u girls are brave amoung some pple who always speaks bad things about ur idol. Do u think most pple likes him(andy)??? I don't think so, girl. I don't think so.

tough bitches?? brave mouse bitches! HAHAHAHAHA j/k

J. Corwin
03-15-2004, 09:09 AM
Time for Andy to pay back some revenge.

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Great u read the whole thing :)
I knew u may be a roddick's fan 'cause ur coments and of course, ur siggy!! LOL!!!!! Do u like Marat?? that's amazing... I guess it's not very commom to have a person who likes Andy and MArat at the same time... am i wrong?? I'm a huge fan o MArat Safin!!!!!! I'm damm proud. Well, u don't know Marat well enough to be a huge fan, so i bet if u watch him more u'll gonna love him :p

Yeah, for me u girls are brave amoung some pple who always speaks bad things about ur idol. Do u think most pple likes him(andy)??? I don't think so, girl. I don't think so.

tough bitches?? brave mouse bitches! HAHAHAHAHA j/k

Many people HERE do not like Andy, but plenty of people *like* Andy. But I don't do what "most other people" do anyway. I like who I like and that's it, it doesn't matter to me how popular they are. If you call me brave, then I guess that's a compliment.

I don't see a reason NOT to like both Andy and Marat. I've only seen Marat a couple of times and I like what I've seen and that's about all there is too it. As I said in the other thread, I don't understand why people have to be so negative towards one or the other. it IS possible to like both, you just have to open your mind up to it.

And Jace, I like the way you think :)

Lady
03-15-2004, 02:50 PM
HAHAHAHA OMG ME TOO!!!! omg DYING!!!!

OMG! :haha: Your Masshole Society is almost as good as out Justine phillistines' Society on WTA World! ;)

But back to topic, DAMN such a match and I won't see it!! :mad: :sad:

Deboogle!.
03-15-2004, 02:53 PM
OMG! :haha: Your Masshole Society is almost as good as out Justine phillistines' Society on WTA World! ;)

We try ;)

MASSHOLES UNITE!

tangerine_dream
03-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Re: Roddick v. Safin Aussie rematch. Marat goes for the 3-0 Bitch TKO
----

*AHEM*

Andy beats Maratski 7-6, 6-2

You were saying, Tennis Fool? :devil:

sorry, bunk. I'm a Masshole, what can I say? ;) :angel:

Andy throws another monkey off his back. :yeah: NOW, we can finally get a nice rivalry going between these two! :banana:

Tennis Fool
03-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Duck just escaped a bullet. Nothing more, nothing less.

Marat will take revenge in Miami.

Hurley
03-16-2004, 01:42 AM

Right. And Marat did not escape the bullet. It hit him. That is what happens in tennis every match: one person wins, and one person loses.

You have the draw, then! Link, please? I love draws!

J. Corwin
03-16-2004, 01:47 AM

You're just bitter. ;)

WyveN
03-16-2004, 03:27 AM
roddick v federer final would be great for tennis

Sjengster
03-16-2004, 03:30 AM
Boring for me though. It's a very dull match-up, so many points are serve-dominated and that whole "contrast in styles" selling factor isn't nearly as big as people think it is.

WyveN
03-16-2004, 03:40 AM
well there hasn't been a match where they are both at their best so i still have great hope for this rivalry especially on a surface such as this

Who else is left in Roddick's half anyway? Timmy? His matches with Roger are not very high quality either, and not just because Tim owns Roger atm.

Fedex
03-16-2004, 05:12 AM
Marat!! :mad: :fiery: On second thought, why should i feel sorry for him??? I've watched sports and tennis long enough to know he didnt put forth the effort, and therefore didnt deserve to win. Fuck Marat, if he's going to play like that. If you dont come out and put forth 100% effort you dont deserve to win, so... fuck him. I just hope he hasnt returned to his old ways.
Well then, go Tim :devil:

Jessi
03-16-2004, 05:14 AM
Marat!! :mad: :fiery: On second thought, why should i feel sorry for him??? I've watched sports and tennis long enough to know he didnt put forth the effort, and therefore didnt deserve to win. Fuck Marat, if he's going to play like that. If you dont come out and put forth 100% effort you dont deserve to win, so... fuck him. I just hope he hasnt returned to his old ways.

Ditto! I was equally disgusted with Marat's "performance" today. He definitely didn't deserve to win.

Jessi
03-16-2004, 05:25 AM
Advice to Marat: Get rid of Denis and work on your pathetic 2nd serve.

Havok
03-16-2004, 05:35 AM
wow man why are you so pissed off? ok i didn't see this match because i didn't get coverage for it, but why so negative. do you expect Safin to play brilliantly all the time? he's known for playing like shit/tanking matches here and there, you should be happy he's on the damn court now instead of being sidelined by an injury. sometimes don't focus on who he lost to, focus on cheering him on. ok yeah be pissed that he didn't go out there and give it his all, but calm now a tad

rassklovn
03-16-2004, 05:42 AM
That person was Marat Safin in name only, but Roddick played well after going behind early and clearly deserved the win.

Naldo, the problem is if a player gets beaten easily and they have been putting in their best effort, then it's not so bad, but when they can't be bothered or make token resistance it pisses fans off and that is something Roddick can't be accused of doing, that is not trying.

WyveN
03-16-2004, 05:43 AM
he has been disapointing since AO as I suspected he might be

Fedex
03-16-2004, 05:45 AM
Well, actually, since i went to work and i just got home in time to see the middle of the 2nd set. But ESPN was kind to show us the match AGAIN, since they had about an hour left of coverge, since Andre finished with Hrbaty so quickly. So i saw the match and Marat played like shit. But Andy played quite well himself, Serving & Volleying ALOT. i think he went to net like 40 times or something :eek: Of course i knew if Safin was on his game he'd be passing him with relative ease, i mean Andy still aint no Federer at net.

rassklovn
03-16-2004, 05:50 AM
Fedex, don't think I enjoyed give Roddick praise, but today he was on his game and deserved to win. Safin for whatever reason couldn't bring something like his best and got punished for it.

Jessi
03-16-2004, 05:55 AM
wow man why are you so pissed off? ok i didn't see this match because i didn't get coverage for it, but why so negative. do you expect Safin to play brilliantly all the time? he's known for playing like shit/tanking matches here and there, you should be happy he's on the damn court now instead of being sidelined by an injury. sometimes don't focus on who he lost to, focus on cheering him on. ok yeah be pissed that he didn't go out there and give it his all, but calm now a tad

lmao, thanks for the lecture but i don't need you to tell me how to support my fave player. If i want to feel pissed off then its my damn right. I don't tell you how you should feel when your fave player loses. FYI, I'm not mad that he lost to Roddick, i'm mad that he gave a half-assed effort out there today. Fans who saw the match all commented on his lack of effort and fight after he lost the first set and that is what i'm pissed about. He didn't give himself a chance to come back and win. If you're going to go down at least go down fighting. He keeps saying in interviews that he's healthy and motivated and blah blah blah but he's playing like he'd rather be anywhere else but on the court.

also, you disagree with me that he needs to work on his pathetic second serve?

Deboogle!.
03-16-2004, 06:49 AM
Fedex, don't think I enjoyed give Roddick praise, but today he was on his game and deserved to win. Safin for whatever reason couldn't bring something like his best and got punished for it.

Your fairness is not going unnoticed.

My perception was that Marat certainly gave 100% of the effort he was capable of giving until the very end, when it did seem like he had gone away a little. But he played some excellent tennis before then and had to force Andy to take loads of risks and leave his element a lot. And to Andy's credit he did this and it worked. Marat fans can certainly be disappointed in their fave, I was certainly disappointed in Andy when he lost at the AO, because no one wants to see their favorite player lose!

why is there fighting in here? I just don't understand it.

Deboogle!.
03-16-2004, 06:50 AM
oh and Jessi.... yeah his second serve is pretty attackable. Far moreso than Andy's anyway, from the direct comparison today. If Andy were a better returner, he would've gotten even more cheap points off Marat's second serve.

rassklovn
03-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Your fairness is not going unnoticed.

My perception was that Marat certainly gave 100% of the effort he was capable of giving until the very end, when it did seem like he had gone away a little. But he played some excellent tennis before then and had to force Andy to take loads of risks and leave his element a lot. And to Andy's credit he did this and it worked. Marat fans can certainly be disappointed in their fave, I was certainly disappointed in Andy when he lost at the AO, because no one wants to see their favorite player lose!

why is there fighting in here? I just don't understand it.

Yes, Safin started well, Roddick changed some things and after he won the 1st set, it was like Safin said it's too hot I can't be bothered and then didn't up much resistance. As I said early he was outplayed and didn't bring the game today and got what he deserved.

star
03-16-2004, 07:12 AM
Safin didn't put up "token resistance" at all.

Everyone thinks that Safin could have passed Roddick wtih ease, but did anyone notice the flipping amazing volleys Roddick was making? He was hitting them off his shoe laces. He made some very difficult volleys indeed. He also managed to control Safin's power when Safin hit it right to him hard when Roddick was at the net.
Safin was playing hard, and he was playing well.

LoL.. if he was only putting up token resistance why did he bother to break Andy early in the first set? Why did he bother to get an early lead in the tiebreak.

That's nonsense. God! I feel like they must have televised a different match than the one I was at.

Deboogle!.
03-16-2004, 07:26 AM
star, they definitely aired the same match on TV :)

But, in all fairness, Andy's volleys didn't look THAT good on tv, not as good as you make them sound anyways lol (but you have no idea how much it thrills me to hear that they were!!!!!). Though, in the highlights reel for RO, almost every highlight is of a volley winner :eek:. Safin won almost every long rally they had, and Andy was perceptive enough to take notice and he did what he needed to prevent this. :yeah:

I don't ever remember after a match of Andy's thinking "wow he played a great all-court game today"

As always, I appreciate your live in-person take. :hug:

Chloe le Bopper
03-16-2004, 07:36 AM
roddick v federer final would be great for tennis
Heh. I'd like somebody who can give Federer a match in the finals, please. Henman would do ;)

star
03-16-2004, 02:38 PM
star, they definitely aired the same match on TV :)

But, in all fairness, Andy's volleys didn't look THAT good on tv, not as good as you make them sound anyways lol (but you have no idea how much it thrills me to hear that they were!!!!!). Though, in the highlights reel for RO, almost every highlight is of a volley winner :eek:. Safin won almost every long rally they had, and Andy was perceptive enough to take notice and he did what he needed to prevent this. :yeah:

I don't ever remember after a match of Andy's thinking "wow he played a great all-court game today"

As always, I appreciate your live in-person take. :hug:

I think that TV takes away some of the breathlessness of tennis. It all gets foreshortened and chopped up. Andy missed one sitter that was high over the net because it would have meant a break for him. He hit it over a bit over the baseline. That was an easy volley he missed. But there were other difficult volleys he made. One time I said to my seat mate, who really is a dispassionate observer of tennis, and said, "That was a good volley." He replied. "That was a GREAT volley."

Just the previous afternoon, a unknown Hernych gave Safin a lot of trouble with his all court game. He served and volleyed quite a bit. He came to the net on short balls. I was thinking that it was too bad Andy couldn't do the same thing with Safin, but then! He did!!! :)

Deboogle!.
03-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Oh yea, we definitely saw Andy miss a few easy shots, a couple were just laughable, we were all in the AIM chat together and Jace and I would have the same reactions at the same time :lol:

I'm glad that most of the volleys looked good in person though :)

And your last thought is why I'm so proud of Andy, because Brad did the scouting, told Andy what he needed to do, and Andy ACTUALLY went out there and did it. I mean...have you ever seen Andy play more of an all-court game? I certainly have not. He was serve-volleying on first serves, second serves, coming in off Marat. I was just like ":eek: did he just serve-volley AGAIN????" during the whole match lol

star
03-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Yes, Safin started well, Roddick changed some things and after he won the 1st set, it was like Safin said it's too hot I can't be bothered and then didn't up much resistance. As I said early he was outplayed and didn't bring the game today and got what he deserved.

That's not what I saw. I thought that Safin must be discouraged after losing the first set, and that Andy had an excellent chance to break Safin's first service game of the second set. But Safin showed good resistance in that game despite an attack from Andy, and he held. I don't think Safin threw in the towell until the last game of the match. In that game he clearly gave up. I guess he didn't see a chance to break Andy back in the next service game and just wanted to get it over. But, Safin was definitely trying and fighting until that game.

star
03-16-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm glad that most of the volleys looked good in person though :)

I didn't say the vollyeys looked good. :)

They looked bad and awful and awkward and labored. But the important thing is that he made them when they counted, and he made them under difficult circumstances. Many of those balls were low and dipping and Andy got them over the net and put them in the opposite court with good placement. And played agressively and took risks. If he hadn't executed, everyone here would be laughing at him.

When it became clear what kind of game Andy was going to play, I was thinking, "I don't even care if he loses, if he is going to play this kind of game." I was happy to see him playing with agression and to change up his game.

Deboogle!.
03-16-2004, 02:56 PM
When it became clear what kind of game Andy was going to play, I was thinking, "I don't even care if he loses, if he is going to play this kind of game." I was happy to see him playing with agression and to change up his game.

By the middle of the tiebreaker, that is EXACTLY What I thought :)

oh, and the title of this thread should be changed :p

tangerine_dream
03-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Heh. I'd like somebody who can give Federer a match in the finals, please. Henman would do ;)

So you're looking for a steamrolling, not a match then. ;)

Leo
03-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Advice to Marat: Get rid of Denis and work on your pathetic 2nd serve.

Would Safin have made it to the Aussie Open finals without Denis? Let's be fair, he's done wonders for Marat already this year.

Who thinks Federer, Roddick, or Henman are going to make the final? Idiots! It's clearly going to be Haas/Youzhny vs. Calleri. :banana:

Totally off-topc (well, I'm not sure what the main topic of this thread is anymore), but did anyone else notice how Drysdale called "popcorn match" a Brad Gilbert-ism? WTF?! :fiery: If you had half a brain, Cliffy, you would know it was all started by Jim Courier at Wimbledon 2002! Come back, Jim, we need you to save us from Cliffy's stupidity and PMac's obnoxious "Hello!"'s and "Goodnight!"'s :rolleyes:

star
03-16-2004, 05:04 PM
By the middle of the tiebreaker, that is EXACTLY What I thought :)

oh, and the title of this thread should be changed :p

Yeah. :)

I remember thinking that before he got the break back. I thought he was playing very bravely.

I expect that Marat will still have his share of wins over Andy, and vice versa. I don't think that either of them is going to be "owned."

Deboogle!.
03-16-2004, 06:50 PM
I expect that Marat will still have his share of wins over Andy, and vice versa. I don't think that either of them is going to be "owned."

And that's what a real rivalry should be! :bounce:

Tennis Fool
03-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Safin: Roddick was lucky

Q. You started very well. What, in your mind, switched the tendency out there?
MARAT SAFIN: I little bit was disappointed with myself when I lost this break that I had. And then in the tiebreak, that he hits -- he was so lucky. He came to the net, this volley, half volley that he made on the line, then the next volley that he played.
I thought just everything changed in my mind. I was a little bit disappointed with the way it went, the match, because normally I would have to win the tiebreaker, and the match would go in my way.

Q. You're saying mentally you couldn't recover?
MARAT SAFIN: I was really disappointed with these two volleys that he made out of nowhere. And there is no chance that he could make it in all his life, these kind of volleys. They were just right on the line, just changed the match completely.

Q. Could you compare your level now and in Australia?
MARAT SAFIN: That's the problem. I'm not playing bad. I'm playing quite good tennis. My level is really high. These couple of matches that I played before, I lost 7-5, 7-6 against Bjorkman, which is very difficult opponent for me. Then against Federer, 7-6, 7-6. Today also was a little bit disappointing the first set. I couldn't just recover because I was thinking about these two points and I was getting upset with myself, with this way the match went.
Just missing a little bit of luck and a few points. If they would go my way, it would be different story. I would beat him in two sets.

Q. Were you surprised that he came to net so much in the second set, almost see it as a sign of respect for you that he changed his game?
MARAT SAFIN: He saw that I was a little bit down, he started to feel confident. He had to do something because otherwise on the baseline, he didn't have too many chances because his backhand is a little bit weak. If we go backhand to backhand, he have no chance. So he had to do something, just change a little bit his game, do something extra to get me in trouble.

Q. Your backhand seems further along than your forehand.
MARAT SAFIN: Yeah, it's my best shot.

Q. But it seems that you're close to playing it as good as you can play it.
MARAT SAFIN: Yeah. I mean, I'm not playing that badly. I'm really playing good, and I'm feeling confident in myself. The stat is not -- they are looking at the matches that I've been playing lately, not going my way. That's the only problem I have. My serve is okay. My volley is perfect. Baseline is quite good. My fitness is really good. So basically I'm just missing a little bit of luck.

Q. Can you talk about the conditions out there today?
MARAT SAFIN: Well, I'm get used to it. It's like my sixth year on the tour and I'm used to the conditions, used to play.

Q. Lleyton in particular talked about the balls fluffing up, getting really heavy here more than last year. Do you feel that way?
MARAT SAFIN: Yeah, but the balls for me is not a problem. They are not flying all the match like they used to fly. Sometimes it's difficult to make the point, make the winner with that balls. You have to play -- you have to run a little bit more than you used to. But doesn't make any difference for me.

Q. Did you feel like you were having problems with your first serve?
MARAT SAFIN: Kind of. Didn't give me any easy points. But I knew from the beginning I wasn't serving well, so I have to run a little bit more and I have to make the points and I have to do something, you know, just stay on the baseline with him. It wasn't so difficult. Just if I could stay on the baseline with him, backhand to backhand, the match would go my way because he doesn't have really good backhand compared to mine.

Q. How do you feel about your luck in the tiebreaks this year?
MARAT SAFIN: I was really disappointed. This weather killed me a little bit today. At 3-1, then he had a few lucky shots. As I said before, just two volleys out of nowhere. That changed a lot.

tangerine_dream
03-17-2004, 01:27 AM
Safin's not a gracious loser, is he? ;)

Maratski :baby:

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 01:36 AM
Dontcha mean Martaski? ;)

Nah I actually think his press conference is funny. I mean of course Andy was lucky to make some of those shots, but that's how tennis works, a lot of it is luck with a shot going in. And sometimes the shot goes out, and there's nothing anyone can do about it lol. And on the other hand the only reason he was able to even feel comfortable enough TRYING those shots at all was because of all the hard work he's been putting in. And that deserves notice. Not necessarily by Marat per se, but by, well, me :p

rassklovn
03-17-2004, 03:00 AM
That's not what I saw. I thought that Safin must be discouraged after losing the first set, and that Andy had an excellent chance to break Safin's first service game of the second set. But Safin showed good resistance in that game despite an attack from Andy, and he held. I don't think Safin threw in the towell until the last game of the match. In that game he clearly gave up. I guess he didn't see a chance to break Andy back in the next service game and just wanted to get it over. But, Safin was definitely trying and fighting until that game.

Ok, we saw different things then again as an Andy fan I wouldn't expect otherwise. Safin for whatever reason he was discouraged, couldn't bothered through the 2nd set, he didn't bring his game along in the second set and deservedly got beaten.

Here is a comparison Fish and Federer played a very tight first set, Fish lost it and yes he was discouraged and was steamrolled in the 2nd set but unlike Safin he was putting in 100% right through to the end, that's the difference.

TF, thanks for the interview transcript.

WyveN
03-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Yes Safin gave very little credit to Andy (compared with the credit Andy gave to him at AO) but it is nice to hear a player give a honest interview rather then the usual cliched crap

Tennis Fool
03-17-2004, 03:35 AM
Wyven: Expect anything less from Marat?

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 03:41 AM
So you're saying Wyver, that Andy was lying in his interview just because he was classy and gracious in defeat? I hope that's not what you're saying, because that would just prove the point further that Andy is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't lol.

And rassklovn, no Safin did not play nearly as well in the second, maybe it was because he was discouraged, but, and he said so himself, the reason he was discouraged was because of things Andy was doing (whether they were successful because of luck or what, they were still Andy's doing lol), so if Marat is that discouraged by a few lucky shots by his opponent in a tie-breaker then he obviously hasn't made as much progress on the mental side as we'd all originally thought.

WyveN
03-17-2004, 03:47 AM
So you're saying Wyver, that Andy was lying in his interview just because he was classy and gracious in defeat? I hope that's not what you're saying, because that would just prove the point further that Andy is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't lol.

This isn't about Andy. I would say exactly the same thing if the players were reversed.
95% of the interviews just state the usual "he played key points better, i didnt take my chances, he was to good on the day" - its like reading a script and if that is the case then what is the reason for these interviews in the first place?

Safin's interview let us know that he thought Andy fluked 2 volleys, that won him the tiebreak and Marat just couldn't recover from it. But yes he should have mentioned Andy more.

star
03-17-2004, 03:48 AM
Ok, we saw different things then again as an Andy fan I wouldn't expect otherwise. Safin for whatever reason he was discouraged, couldn't bothered through the 2nd set, he didn't bring his game along in the second set and deservedly got beaten.

Here is a comparison Fish and Federer played a very tight first set, Fish lost it and yes he was discouraged and was steamrolled in the 2nd set but unlike Safin he was putting in 100% right through to the end, that's the difference.

TF, thanks for the interview transcript.

So you are basically saying that Safin gave up like a little baby?

I don't have such a low opinion of him. I think we both saw that he fought to hold in his first service game. If he gave up, he didn't do so til after that game.

I thought that Safin put in a good fight (unlike you I'm not able to see inside players to see if they are putting in 100%) until after he got broken. Then he saw that he wasn't going to be able to break Andy, and gave up in his last service game.

But this is yesterday's news.

I expect that a whole new crop of Ecude fans will be born tomorrow. ;)

Deboogle!.
03-17-2004, 03:51 AM
Ok thanks for clarifying Wyver. I was just asking.

and LMFAO star, the Escude fans will be coming out of the woodwork;)

WyveN
03-17-2004, 04:11 AM
I am about to go and get "Escude" tattoed on my chest

star
03-17-2004, 04:41 AM
Go for the face tattoo.

MisterQ
03-17-2004, 04:49 AM
I am about to go and get "Escude" tattoed on my chest

That would look rather nice, an "E" on each nipple.

rassklovn
03-17-2004, 05:13 AM
So you are basically saying that Safin gave up like a little baby?

I don't have such a low opinion of him. I think we both saw that he fought to hold in his first service game. If he gave up, he didn't do so til after that game.

I thought that Safin put in a good fight (unlike you I'm not able to see inside players to see if they are putting in 100%) until after he got broken. Then he saw that he wasn't going to be able to break Andy, and gave up in his last service game.

But this is yesterday's news.

I expect that a whole new crop of Ecude fans will be born tomorrow. ;)

Ok, I say Safin didn't give a 100 % throughout the 2nd set and still think that and you think otherwise. Facts are Roddick was better in the match and deserved to win which I said earlier, but if you seriously think he put in for the whole 2nd set, then objectivity isn't your strongest point.

If you must know I like Safin, but I don't actually give a crap who they are, if a player doesn't put their best effort then they will be criticised irrespective of whether I like them or not.

I have Escude tattooed on my arse and if he wins I'll moon all of the Roddick fans.

tangerine_dream
03-17-2004, 05:13 AM
I want "scud" painted on mine :devil:

rassklovn
03-17-2004, 05:18 AM
I want "scud" painted on mine :devil:

The way he is playing at the moment, the F1-11 scud missle won't be launching for a very long time.

tangerine_dream
03-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Wyven: Expect anything less from Marat?

Ah. So Maratski :baby: being less than gracious in defeat is so "refreshing" in his "honesty" but anyone else who does same (eg, a player not as well-liked around here) will likely be tagged a sore loser.

Got it. :yeah:

star
03-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Ok, I say Safin didn't give a 100 % throughout the 2nd set and still think that and you think otherwise. Facts are Roddick was better in the match and deserved to win which I said earlier, but if you seriously think he put in for the whole 2nd set, then objectivity isn't your strongest point.

If you must know I like Safin, but I don't actually give a crap who they are, if a player doesn't put their best effort then they will be criticised irrespective of whether I like them or not.

I have Escude tattooed on my arse and if he wins I'll moon all of the Roddick fans.

I know you like Safin... although I don't feel that it is anything I must know. so... the first clause of your sentence is basically unneccessary. :)

And if you read my posts you should know that I said that I did not say that Safin gave 100% through the second set and if you don't know that then reading comprehension isn't your strongest point.

Arse... face... I suppose it's pretty much the same thing in your case.

Fedex
03-17-2004, 05:37 AM
Marat never gave 100% in that Match. BTW, I'll certainly be happy if Escude beat Andy tomorrow, but i'm not gonna act like i'm his biggest fan. Cause i already know 1 of my favs. Henman will take care of Andy :devil:

Action Jackson
03-17-2004, 05:38 AM
rassklovn, hehehe I see that you are pissing people off again as usual, then again I am not surprised considering the subject matter.

Safin's interview well I can't say I am surprised with that, at least it wasn't bullshit irrespective of whether anyone agrees with the opinons expressed.

Too bad Marat you are outplayed man and didn't drive home the early advantage when you had it, and kudos to Duckboy for having a go and changing his game, this day it worked for him and another day it mightn't.

Fedex
03-17-2004, 05:54 AM
I know that for instance if Andy plays Roger in the final he wont move forward very much, because he still isnt all that comfortable at net, especialily if he is playing someone who hits great passing shots. But he was confident the other day, cause Marat totally wasnt there with his passing shots. You can probably cont on 1 hand how many good points Marat played, not counting the aces.

WyveN
03-17-2004, 05:59 AM
Actually Roddick serve-volleying against Roger would be a very good strategy, at least occasionally. Whether it will be succesful is another matter.

Roger likes to block Roddick's serve back into court so Roddick serve-volleying will make Roger at least think twice about what sort of shot to play.

Having said that I am sure Roger is full aware of the tactics Andy used versus Safin so will be prepared.

J. Corwin
03-17-2004, 07:22 AM
I haven't got a chance to read Marat's interview yet on the PLO site but thanks to TF I read it here.

tangerine_dream
03-18-2004, 05:12 AM
Damn. Another fluke win for Andy 6-3 6-2 over Escude. He clearly didn't mean to hit so many winners.

Action Jackson
03-18-2004, 05:14 AM
Damn. Another fluke win for Andy 6-3 6-2 over Escude. He clearly didn't mean to hit so many winners.

Not one of your better attempts at trolling tangerinus.

WyveN
03-18-2004, 05:31 AM
I think it is an attempt at a joke?

"Roddick sucks" is getting awfully old

tangerine_dream
03-18-2004, 05:37 AM
Just picking on Maratski :baby: is all. :)

star
03-18-2004, 05:41 AM
Yeah, "Andy sucks" got old a long time ago. I wish people around here would give it up, but until they do.........

LMAO Tangy. :dance:

WyveN
03-18-2004, 06:13 AM
what would this place be without paranoid roddick fans

Action Jackson
03-18-2004, 06:13 AM
Not as enjoyable Wyver.

Deboogle!.
03-18-2004, 06:29 AM
so now people who make sarcastic jokes are paranoid?

ookkkkkk

Action Jackson
03-18-2004, 06:32 AM
There is no paranoia in the happy MTF family bunk, that's just paranoid to think that.

Deboogle!.
03-18-2004, 06:41 AM
There is no paranoia in the happy MTF family bunk, that's just paranoid to think that.

Um... sure :yeah:

Action Jackson
03-18-2004, 06:44 AM
Are you actually give me thumbs up or if you could it would be the middle finger, or am I being paranoid?

Deboogle!.
03-18-2004, 06:51 AM
Um. the latter :)

Action Jackson
03-18-2004, 06:55 AM
Thanks bunk.

J. Corwin
03-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Bunk is too nice to flip someone off. :)

Action Jackson
03-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Yeah yeah though to her credit jackson she has never ever called me a Nazi, unlike some people.

Deboogle!.
03-18-2004, 02:28 PM
though your name bothers me, GWH, it's because I'm Jewish and every time I see it, it's a reminder, but I'd never do such a thing. Nothing or no one deserves comparison to that event in history, not you or the President. In my opinion.

Anyway, Jace, I learned to drive around Boston... I don't flip people off? :haha: good one!!!!!

J. Corwin
03-18-2004, 05:15 PM
I was....kidding. :P

tangerine_dream
03-18-2004, 06:11 PM
My New England sahcahsm doesn't translate well here, does it? :haha:

Deboogle!.
03-18-2004, 06:49 PM
OMG tangy DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think you're wicked pissah funny

tangerine_dream
03-19-2004, 03:54 AM
OMG tangy DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think you're wicked pissah funny

lol ... Thank you dahling :kiss:

Fedex
03-19-2004, 06:12 AM
Actually the President deserves comparison to Hitler. He's a dictator just the same. But i know he'll be out of the white house soon enough.

Deboogle!.
03-19-2004, 06:18 AM
Actually the President deserves comparison to Hitler. He's a dictator just the same. But i know he'll be out of the white house soon enough.

Bush has not killed 13 million people based solely on their race or religion. End of story. He may be an idiot who has bad policies and is in the pocket of some crazy people but he does not practice genocide. He might want to turn the US into a conservative Christian nation but he did not kill 1/3 of my people. I am asking you nicely, from the bottom of my heart, please do not compare anyone to Hitler. Please.

WyveN
03-19-2004, 06:53 AM
;)

AgassiFan
03-19-2004, 06:54 AM
He may be an idiot who has bad policies and is in the pocket of some crazy people but he does not practice genocide. He might want to turn the US into a conservative Christian nation but he did not kill 1/3 of my people. I am asking you nicely, from the bottom of my heart, please do not compare anyone to Hitler. Please.

GWB, Cheney, Rummy and the rest of the PNAC Christian fundies are definately scary greedniks with blood of thousands on their hands. (btw, pro-Sadaam France and Russia are responsible for many, many more)

But comparing the current POTUS to Hitler? Fedex, you're a brain-dead travesty.

Some of Hitler's moral equivalents: Stalin, Mao, maybe Pol Pot.

Action Jackson
03-19-2004, 07:06 AM
Then again we couldn't forget Idi Amin there was another guy in the same league, though he ate a lot of them.

They are as bad as each other.

Denise
03-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Many people HERE do not like Andy, but plenty of people *like* Andy. But I don't do what "most other people" do anyway. I like who I like and that's it, it doesn't matter to me how popular they are. If you call me brave, then I guess that's a compliment.

I don't see a reason NOT to like both Andy and Marat. I've only seen Marat a couple of times and I like what I've seen and that's about all there is too it. As I said in the other thread, I don't understand why people have to be so negative towards one or the other. it IS possible to like both, you just have to open your mind up to it.

And Jace, I like the way you think :)

Thanks for had deal with it as a compliment. It's exactly the way I wanted you to think, 'cause that's true, you're indeed a brave roddick's fan:) Anyway, I think here we've the group which loves Andy and the group which hates Andy. It's pretty normal. Besides, It's great u don't care about the others, and I think the popular stuff it's quite irrelevant.
It's ridiculous if somebory start to like a player just because he/she is popular!! Btw, I even don't care who do not like Marat, I love him, I'm his crazy fan and f*ck who don't like him :S I didn't meet this person yet, I just read some bad things about him, so I'm satisfied I didn't see any bull shit about my baby :P

You're totally right about why pple do not like Marat and Andy at the same time!! I don't undestant as well. Unfortunalety it'll not change because everyone have their own opinions and maybe both part of the fans like the way it is. Ops, I answered the msg after a longgg time :o I'm crazy... hahaha

Denise
03-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Safin's not a gracious loser, is he? ;)

Maratski :baby:

What???? gracious l***? Just 'cause he lost against Andy he's a looser??? it was the first time of Andy but isn't prove anything. He was lucky 'cause marat didn't play his best. U Andy fans are really bad... now I know why many pple hates Andy!! In fact, Maratik is not a baby, some fans here are the big babies :baby: :baby: ps. I'm not sayin' ALL.

Andy its not in finals, wonderful! lol...

ops... BEING PARANOIC # BEING SARCASTIC

Denise
03-21-2004, 06:46 PM
OMG!!! I didn't see before but I'm shocked with some coments here.... as someone said, could be better if some pple wasn't here :mad:

GROW UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's an advice from me ;)