Indian Wells coming on...... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Indian Wells coming on......

Ma. Estefania
03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Let's start cheering for Guille at this tournament. :bigclap:

Ma. Estefania
03-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Please, if someone knows who is Guille's rival, post it.

I can't do it because for some strange reason I can't see the draw of the tournament. It was already launched about an hour ago.

Kiara
03-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Well Guille is seeded 4 so he gets a first round bye, then he'll meet the winner of Ancic/Sargsian....tough :(

Ma. Estefania
03-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanx Kiara, I was gonna do it right now, but anyway thanx. :)

Yes.....Ancic or Sargsian....hmm.....as you said, it's tough; though I think Ancic could be a tougher rival for Guille; but who knows...because Sargsian is always a sort of darkhorse at this important tournaments.

Kiara
03-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Ancic is the type of player that could trouble Guille and you're so right about Sargis, Guille has a tough draw he also has a possible 3rd round with Max :eek: Good luck Guille

Ma. Estefania
03-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Oh s#&%! :( ......I just hope he can make it at least until defending some of the points he gained last year.

esther
03-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Arnaud seb and guillermo are all in the same quarter!!! *cries*

oh well nah sargisian or ancic should not be a problem...if he doesnt get over them i will be worried

LubiG
03-09-2004, 11:24 PM
don't worry about his rival gurls... he can do it!!! ;) :D Best of luck Guille!!!!
does it start next monday?

Ma. Estefania
03-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Hmm...no, LubiG, I think the main draw starts today; but like Guille is seeded, he'll probably be playing on Friday or Saturday.

Kiara
03-10-2004, 11:09 PM
If Ancic wins and serves well against Guille, it might trouble him a tad and I havent seen Sargsian play since the USO but he did beat Guille in Florida last year so....
Fingers crossed for Guille, he hasnt been doing too well on hardocourts but his draw isnt as bad as some of the others, hopefully he'll make it to the quarters unscathed.

Ma. Estefania
03-11-2004, 03:03 PM
*crossed fingers*

luckystar
03-11-2004, 04:48 PM
why oh why can't he have an easy rival to begin with, for once?

star
03-12-2004, 02:42 PM
I saw Coria yesterday. He was practicing without a shirt on. Pictures don't really do credit to how well deveioped his upper body is.

He was leaving the practice court later on, and I walked on the side walk about 3 feet away from him.. casually, just as if I were walking that same way. I'm 5' 7" and he didn't seemed tall to me. Or maybe I just thought he would be shorter. Anyway, I used to think he claimed to be taller than he is, but now I don't. :)

As he began to cross the lawn, someone ran up to him and asked for a picutre. He turned smiled... for 3 seconds and then he was off again.

Ma. Estefania
03-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanx for that story, Star.

Keep updating us, please. :)

Kiara
03-12-2004, 09:52 PM
lol Star! glad to see you're having fun, thanks for all the great updates :kiss:

star
03-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Anyway up there, I made a mistake. I meant to say ... Coria seemed tall to me and I'm not short. :)

Ma. Estefania
03-14-2004, 12:41 AM
Oh....ok. Thanx Star.

Ma. Estefania
03-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Btw.....Guille's rival in 2nd round will be Sargis Sargsian who defeated Ancic by7-6, 2-6, 6-1.

I hope he can be tired. :tape:

LubiG
03-14-2004, 01:16 AM
Well, Sargis is a lil easier than Ancic... or so i think. Anyone knows when he'll be playing??

star
03-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Coria is second up on court 2 after another argie... Dulko plays Petrova. I think that should make it between 11 and 11:30 pst.

Yea!! Court 2!!! I'm so excited. I want to get a good seat.

Sargisian is a tough wily opponent. I hope Coria defeats him 1 and 1. But :drool: two yummy looking men playing tennis on a court where I can sit close close to the players is a very good thing indeed.

Full report tonight. :)

Kiara
03-14-2004, 05:38 PM
ooh yay Star! :D get a good seat and you'll be able to enjoy his swishy short hair again ;)

loly
03-14-2004, 09:30 PM
guille and carla

star
03-15-2004, 12:41 AM
There were very few people at the match, probably because Roddick was playing on stadium court and Arazi was playing on court 8.

I came over to the court while the women's match was still going on because I thought it would be a blow out for Petrova. However, Dulko was the winner. She went up 6-2 not long after I got there and then was up 5-1 and serving. She got broken and then had to serve again to win 6-3.

It was hot as blazes. One of the hottest days yet. And there was practically no breeze at all at all. There was a girl from Argentina there who had brought a flag and schooled me on how to pronounce Guillermo's name. I'm still shaky on the nick name part.

Anyway, Guille was coughing a bit when he took the court after the warm up. I worried, but that was the only cough he had. I didn't get to see his pretty short hair because he had on a backwards cap. He looks much smaller once he puts all his tennis clothes on. :)

I was sitting first row courtside just behind the little barrier next to the court. So I could see everything perfectly. I was so hot I took off my shoes and discovered that the court surface doesn't get hot at all, and is very cool in the shade. It must be some special property in the surface.

Anyway, on to the match. I didn't think that Guille was playing all that well, but he did manage to break Sargs twice in the first set. The second set was tighter and more stressful for me.

The points were usually very long and complicated and just sitting there boiling in the hot sun, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to run around like Guille was doing. I would have been dead after the first point. The ball kids were coming off the court completely exhausted and overheated.

Sargs had this one little play that I came to hate. When Guille would hit crosscourt short, Sargs would come dashing in and put a tiny little drop shot across the net.

In the second set there was this point: Guille was coming up to the net to get a short ball and slipped and fell on his knee!! He somehow managed to control his racket and get the ball back over the net to Sargs who now was racing toward the net to put away this sitting duck with Guille down on the ground. Quick as lighting, Guille got back on his feet!! He got to Sargs volley and hit it for a winner!!!!!!!!! Vamos!!

And then when Guille was serving for the match, he got behind in the point and had to put up a high ball. Sargsian came in and smashed it. Guille got to the smash and lofted it back. Sargisian again smashed. Coiria was back against the wall and leapt to get his racket on the ball again. Now Sargisian sets up to be sure that he bounces this one so high Coria can't get it. And he hits it into the net!!!!!!!

People cheer. Coria smiles and lifts his arms like ...more more... And then he served out the match. Afterward he signed a lot of autographs and people were just grabing him... putting their arms around him so that somebody could take a picture of them together. Coria smiled for all of the pictures, and kept on smiling for them even when he was on the golf cart and pulling away.

It was a happy day. :)

Ma. Estefania
03-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Great report, Star. :)

Happy fay definitely.

iloveguille
03-15-2004, 02:13 AM
Thank you so much, Star, for the fantastic report! Next he will meet Mirnyi. Let's wish Guille the best...it will be a tough match. Vamos!!! We love you,Guille...

star
03-15-2004, 02:53 AM
oh, I forgot to mention that I saw the bloody scrape on Guille's knee.

I was like... :eek: blood

And I thought he would call for the trainer to get something sprayed on it to make it feel better because scraped knees hurt.

Jazzy
03-15-2004, 08:32 AM
true star they hurt esp. on hardcourts!!! nice pic loly!!

Ma. Estefania
03-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to thank for that cute pic......they look so nice together.

Ma. Estefania
03-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Oh, btw....good luck for Guille today ag. Mirnyi....

Ma. Estefania
03-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Guille defeated 6-4, 7-5 to Max! :bigclap:

I guess we were just worrying too much before time... *sighs*

Does anyone know who can be his next rival?

iloveguille
03-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Grosjean or Sluiter. They're playing right now (1st set tie break).

esther
03-16-2004, 05:30 AM
GUILLERMO WILL HAVE TO PLAY SEB!@!!@@!!
*heart breaks* I will have no choice but to hold a grudge against guille if he beats seb. i'm sorry!!! but if guillermo does happen to win, i hope he wins the whole thing!!

star
03-16-2004, 06:29 AM
"happen to win?"

:lol:

El Mago played like a god today. I amd really tired and need to go to bed, but I wanted to come here and say how wonderfully Guille played today. I was so scared about this match. And when you are sitting 10 feet away from Max and see him uncoil his giant body into a serve and then rush the net... all of that muscle going foward with speed... it doesn't seem possible that little Guille will ever be able to win.

But he played great. He always played within himself and made very few errors.

btw, I sat right next to his new wife...whose name I can't remember. She is very pretty, and very young, and she is also very small.. smaller than she looks in the pictures.

And I swear his coach was Mancini. I thought they broke up... but it was Mancini. I am almost sure of it.

Very cute things happened in the match. Cute things with his wife.

ummmmm I'll have to give all the details later, but it was such a GOOD match. El Mago!!! El Mago!!!

iloveguille
03-16-2004, 07:00 AM
what cute things?!? I'm dying to know more!...Take a good rest, Star, and let us know all the details...Thanks. I know how you must have felt. I feel the same every time he plays with all the big servers....

Ma. Estefania
03-16-2004, 01:26 PM
One pic of cute Guille.......doesn't he look damn cute with the cap to forth? :hearts: He looks like a little boy....

http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/10/players/gallery/images/pic-15-03-04-n04-g.jpg

Ma. Estefania
03-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Thanx Star for that report once again. Please....come here soon and tell us more. :)

So Carla is pretty short? Was she supporting Guille like shouting, etc?

Ok....are you sure it was Mancini?

loly
03-16-2004, 01:49 PM
picture from pacific life open . he s so cuteeeeeeeee

star
03-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Thanx Star for that report once again. Please....come here soon and tell us more. :)

So Carla is pretty short? Was she supporting Guille like shouting, etc?

Ok....are you sure it was Mancini?

Carla is very petite. She has tiny bones and is delicate looking. She wore a mauve top with spaghetti straps that was very low cut and a little black push up bra underneath, a short denim skirt low on the hips, and gray blue 4 inch wooden heeled mules. She had on a tiny little gold heart necklace that hung fairly low on her chest. She also had a lot of rings on both hands. I think 3 on each hand. Her wedding ring is gold with a flat rectangular top... with some sort of fillagree design. She has a deep perfect tan.

She didn't yell or anything... until the end when we were all yelling. She did say Vamos and ... used the word "caro" She just spoke softly like the coaches do. They hardly ever yell or anything. Toward the end there was a funny thing. She said something softly just before Max started his second serve. When Max double faulted, the coach turned toward her and slapped her hand, and said something like... "you called it!" She had predicted the double. :) And she started laughing, and I was lauging.. she looked at me as she laughed sharing the joke. She just looks like a very wealthy pampered teenager.... which is what she is. After she stood by the exit and got a brief peck from Guille. Some of the people around thought she was just a fan wanting a kiss and Guille had obliged her. :)

Mancini. He's tall, he's heavy. He's got short hair, and he has a small mouth a fairly short nose and full cheeks. The guy next to me thought it was Mancini too. He was going to check around.

Ma. Estefania
03-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanx Star :worship: Once again with a great and detailed report.

I assume you saw even the feet to Carla :lol: Poor girl! :lol:

Nah.....really, great to know that she's supporting him, and I hope she can call for more double faults and errors at Guille's next match. :)

Ok, if it was really Mancini.....I will be very glad. Guille needs him no matter what.

Ma. Estefania
03-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Btw.....there are some cute pics of Guille signing autographs at ****************

Don't know if they're already included in the ones that Loly posted, it's just I can't see them right now, because I have problems with my computer.

star
03-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanx Star :worship: Once again with a great and detailed report.

I assume you saw even the feet to Carla :lol: Poor girl! :lol:

Nah.....really, great to know that she's supporting him, and I hope she can call for more double faults and errors at Guille's next match. :)

Ok, if it was really Mancini.....I will be very glad. Guille needs him no matter what.

Yeah, I can even tell you about her nail polish, lol.

I mean I almost had to look at her because we were at the end of the court and I had to look that way just to see the court! lol

But they sat down right next to where I had put my stuff on a chair to hold it. I actually moved down one chair just to give them some space. But, you know, she knew I was madly cheering for Coria, and I wasn't pestering them, so it was all :cool:

Oh.. I forgot that she put her hair up in a cap before the match started. :)

She was clearly very proud of Guille.

argiesf
03-17-2004, 09:08 AM
we love him.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

loly
03-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Hi Argiesf :wavey:

Are you the argiesf from the group guillermo " mago" coria: " king of clay "?

loly
03-17-2004, 12:00 PM
picture from guille

star
03-17-2004, 03:17 PM
I don't even know where to start to describe this match.

I suppose that most of you, or many of you saw the match on TV in South America, so, unless you all say you want a description of the match, I'll just tell you things that perhaps the TV didn't show.

First, this umpire was the same one who had overruled a shot that would have given Gaston Gaudio the match against Wayne Fererria. Everyone thought the ball was out... even Wayne. I was sitting there on the sidelines close to where Wayne's group was sitting. Wayne strolled back to them and laughed, "I guess that five dollars paid off." So, this umpire overrules many times, and Guille was upset about it several times.

Carla was probably shown on TV. She was wearing a top similar to the one the day before only in red. After the second set she went out, and couldn't get back in because play had started. We could see her standing up there waiting waiting to get in. And this first game lasted forever. It had so many deuces that we lost count. Finally, it was over, and Carla ducked under the rope that bars entrance until the change over. They called to her that she couldn't enter, but she just went anyway. It took her a long time to get down the steep stairs because of those very high heels she wears. She couldn't just dash down. Guille stood at his chair and took several slow swallows of water, sort of waiting until she got close to her seat before he took the court again.

Guille - to me anyway - was not playing at all well during the first set or the first half of the second set. He missed so many of his shots, and he couldn't get a sniff of Grosjean's serve. In the second set after he got broken, and got some calls he didn't like, he threw his racket several times. I thought it was a signal he had given up. But Grosjean let down in one of his service games and that was all Coria needed. From that point on the match swung in his favor although it didn't seem at all sure at the time that Guille would win. I thought that Grosjean would have the edge in the tiebreak because he had been serving well, but spiders got into Grosjean's brain and so many of his shots hit the net in the tiebreak.

It wasn't a pretty match, but it was very exciting and clearly the best match of the day on the stadium court. :)

LubiG
03-17-2004, 05:31 PM
I agree that he didn't play well on the first set, but thank god for his ability to improve when things are not going well.

When i heard who Guille was playing with i confused Grosjean with Gasquet. Big mistake. I was all happy because i thought he would beat Gasquet pretty easy, and when i put ESPN on and see Seb Grosjean i was like OMG! that wouldn't be that easy... :lol:

Is he playing Agassi next?? I certanly hope so! :D

joeb_uk
03-17-2004, 06:57 PM
yes agassi next, i cant wait. i missed the grosjean match, and it was the one match i wanted to see most

star
03-18-2004, 05:51 AM
I am very nervous about Agassi, but I hope very much that he wins.

did he get to the quarters last year?

esther
03-18-2004, 08:39 AM
When i heard who Guille was playing with i confused Grosjean with Gasquet. Big mistake.
U MISTOOK SEB FOR RICHARD?!!! Lool *sigh*

It'd be great if guille coudl get over Agassi!!!
VAMOS GUILLE

Devotee
03-19-2004, 04:59 AM
On ESPN TV they just said Coria lives with his grandmother in
Buenos Aires. Does he still live there even though he's married?

star
03-19-2004, 05:10 AM
I'm sure you all saw the match, and saw that Guille competed well but came up short. He looked to be very disappointed, but you all should know that he stopped for autograph signing on the way out of the stadium.

I thought that showed class.

You all just can't imagine how difficult it was to sit through that match with 10.000 screaming for Agassi and hardly anyone even claping with Guille won a game. I always clap after someone wins a game even if it is my least favorite player.... which Agassi is pretty close to being. ;)

It would have been so great to shut them all up with a win. When Guille did broke Agassi hardly anyone clapped. He did have a few brilliant shots that the crowd applauded.

Guilles' grl
03-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Guille was awesome!!!! He didn't get all beat up like Youzhny did. Guille worked so hard and never gave up. He's getting closer to beating him. He'll do it eventually. On hard court that is.

Kiara
03-19-2004, 11:02 PM
well done to him, i had doubts as to whether or not he'd make it this far but he proved me wrong, I hope he'll have a great run in Miami!

undomiele
03-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Awesome match. Guille really glitzed everyone with what he could do on the surface. He'll definitely be able to beat Agassi someday. Im really mad we won't be able to see how he could have matched up against Federer but that day will come soon enough.

Im proud of Guille. He's an outstanding player. Definitely worthy of being in the top 5.

Barring injury, he'll *kill* everyone on clay now (except for Ferrero).. I can almost taste the red dirt of Roland Garros.... ;)

Toppu
03-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Actually he had chances but sadly.. Andre didn't play that well.
anyway some pix from that match

http://www.tennisphotolibrary.com/images/watermark/10019266/tpl/coria-2psp04.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040319/i/r3928854900.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040319/i/r2190974635.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040319/i/r3432449245.jpg

Guilles' grl
03-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks so freakin' much for the pics!!!!!!!!!! Especially the first one!!!

heya
03-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Did u notice the nauseating, puke love fest for Roger? I appreciate good tennis, but I don't need
Roger-butt-kissing.
He's so brilliant, he makes straight men turn gay -like PMac and Mal Washington.

His easy draws, opponents' poor fitness and dismal playing have nothing to do with his wins!
What a genius! He has no weaknesses. He never sweats! Those lines are getting old.
It's like when Andre had easy draws at Aus Open, his worshippers yelled, "The guy demolished everyone with ease!" Obviously, Andre isn't as dominant as people think.

It's sickening already, having to hear bad criticism
thrown at other players, but Roger constantly gets sympathy. He'd dominate for as long as he continues playing, and I'm sure EVERYONE likes to see that! :rolleyes:
I'm bored watching Roger already. :yawn:

We should all worship him, and
erase all memories of Guillermo, Andy, David, etc....anyone who can beat him from our memories!
Seriously, don't Roger's years of hard work on all surfaces, his long arms, wide wingspan+thin physique have a lot to do with his success against players who don't have the same advantages?

When he gains 5-10 pounds,
loses big matches, I wouldn't be surprised to see PatMc and Mal Washington cry. :bigcry:

star
03-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Heya, my suggestion is to concentrate on players that you like instead of players you don't like.

Federer is a worthy number one player. If you don't like him, concentrate on the good things you like about your favorite players, cheer for them, and don't focus on whether they are getting enough praise.

Vamos Guille in Miami!!!!!

LubiG
03-21-2004, 04:44 PM
OMG the match against Agassi was AMAIZING. They played every single ball like 70 seconds! wow... It was very sad... he didn't deserve to lose.

Ma. Estefania
03-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Well....I didn't watch the match because I was at another city, but I've read some reports that say that Guille played good enough to complicate Agassi......quarters isn't that bad.

Kiara
03-22-2004, 03:51 PM
quarters is excellent!! I always enjoy Guille's matches against Agassi whatever the outcome may be, he(andre) always seems to bring out the best in Guille.

Ma. Estefania
03-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Totally agree, Kiara.

Kiara
03-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Did u notice the nauseating, puke love fest for Roger? I appreciate good tennis, but I don't need
Roger-butt-kissing.
He's so brilliant, he makes straight men turn gay -like PMac and Mal Washington.

His easy draws, opponents' poor fitness and dismal playing have nothing to do with his wins!
What a genius! He has no weaknesses. He never sweats! Those lines are getting old.
It's like when Andre had easy draws at Aus Open, his worshippers yelled, "The guy demolished everyone with ease!" Obviously, Andre isn't as dominant as people think.

It's sickening already, having to hear bad criticism
thrown at other players, but Roger constantly gets sympathy. He'd dominate for as long as he continues playing, and I'm sure EVERYONE likes to see that! :rolleyes:
I'm bored watching Roger already. :yawn:

We should all worship him, and
erase all memories of Guillermo, Andy, David, etc....anyone who can beat him from our memories!
Seriously, don't Roger's years of hard work on all surfaces, his long arms, wide wingspan+thin physique have a lot to do with his success against players who don't have the same advantages?

When he gains 5-10 pounds,
loses big matches, I wouldn't be surprised to see PatMc and Mal Washington cry. :bigcry:

Thank you for your sagacious and insightful little squib heya, but wtf is it doing here on the Coria forum, when it has absoloutely nothing to do with him whatsoever! if you want to piss and moan about Roger do it on GM dont crumb up this forum with your sour garbage!Thanks.

Sjengster
03-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Heya's posts are pure verbal excrement, I wouldn't worry about 'em too much. Not only does he waste time criticising other players, I've barely seen him write anything in the Roddick forum other than negative whines about Andy's game (or lack of it).

LubiG
03-28-2004, 12:07 AM
What is there to say.... some people are stupid :rolleyes: