Main Draw for PLO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Main Draw for PLO

Katie G
03-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Does anyone know what time the draw will be available today?

jayakris
03-09-2004, 06:27 PM
They will make it at noon or something today .. we may know sometime sin the afternoon.

Jay

Deboogle!.
03-09-2004, 06:56 PM
my guess is any time now it will be available

Deboogle!.
03-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Ok I just read an article in the local california paper, the draw is being made at noon pacific, which is right now.

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 07:08 PM
You know, it's a very clever acronym, but seeing this event referred to as the PLO is really quite distracting. When I first saw the thread title I thought hmm, the PLO's main draw for potential members? Possibly the creation of a viable and independent Palestinian state, or else an end to Israeli occupation, etc...

MisterQ
03-09-2004, 07:20 PM
yeah, I hope they have extra high security for this PLO event. ;)

Katie G
03-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Sorry, guys!! Didn't mean to alarm anyone. Let's hope all the fighting is confined to the tennis court by way of Aces and Drop "Shots".

Deboogle!.
03-09-2004, 07:38 PM
The local california newspaper actually used the same Acronym, I was kind of surprised lol.

but oddly enough I didn't even make the connection at first.

Havok
03-09-2004, 07:41 PM
PLO is a dumb acronym, it just doesnt rool off the tongue very well:retard:

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Bunk, I take it the draw is actually at 1pm Pacific time, not noon? It's just that that's what the website says and what's been posted in other forums on here.

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 07:44 PM
PLO is a dumb acronym, it just doesnt rool off the tongue very well:retard:

You think so? I could say it all day... PLO, PLO, PLO. Almost as good as NEC, NEC, NEC (I'm not even 100% sure what that one means, either). I would stress that I'm not an active supporter of any Palestinian political movement, but it sounds nice, is all. ;)

jtipson
03-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Personally I wish we'd refer to all tournaments by location rather than sponsor. That'd keep me from getting confused when the sponsors change. After several years not following tennis very closely, I did wonder what the heck "Nasdaq 100" Open was, let alone "Pacific Life" Open.

Come on guys, hurry up and get that draw on your website, I can't sit here all night and press Refresh ;)

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Well exactly, that's what I always do. Never mind the occasional confusion over acronyms, I'm damned if I'm going to refer to TMS Cincinnati as the Western and Southern Financial Group Masters every time I need to mention that particular event.

maratski
03-09-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm getting really impatient and sleepy now ;)

oxy
03-09-2004, 07:57 PM
me too...its wed over at my side...whereas PLO is still tues noon!!!!

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Not long to wait now (until the draw is made that is, when it becomes available online could take a while longer...), but I thought it was at 1pm not noon, and so it is.

Havok
03-09-2004, 08:01 PM
im sure it'll be online in like another 3+ hours, you know they like to take their sweet ass time:o

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 08:04 PM
However long it takes, it surely can't be as bad as Miami was last year - anyone remember that? The draw came out at about 2.30 pm my time, and I was sat there until after 5 waiting for it to appear on the website... ah, fun times.

jayakris
03-09-2004, 08:11 PM
The draw time was 1 pm local time. So they may be just doing it now ..

Jay

RogiFan88
03-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Personally I wish we'd refer to all tournaments by location rather than sponsor. That'd keep me from getting confused when the sponsors change. After several years not following tennis very closely, I did wonder what the heck "Nasdaq 100" Open was, let alone "Pacific Life" Open.

Come on guys, hurry up and get that draw on your website, I can't sit here all night and press Refresh ;)

Funny, I was just discussing this very point w my sister the other day... and this INDESIT thing is really bugging me too... no doubt Rogi and Juanqui were told to include it. :rolleyes: Now THAT does not roll off the tongue at all...

My thoughts echo yours re: PLO, Sjengst! What next? IRA? ETA? :p

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 08:17 PM
That is one of the very worst aspects of corporate sponsorship, the way that the company name has to be dropped into every sentence no matter how ridiculous it sounds. It's like going to the DC website and reading "More exciting action on court today in the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup by BNP Baribas", or "Boasting a strong team effort, France today made it through to the next stage of the Davis Cup by BNP Baribas"... OK, we get the picture!

Tricky_Forehand
03-09-2004, 08:52 PM
This is when local tournaments (Pacific time zone) irritate me. It's not like I can get up in the morning and it's there...lol. It's bad enough IW is only 2 hours away from me and I can't go even one day. Yes, I'm whining :p .

It would be nice if the quallie draw was out to keep me occupied in the meantime but I guess that's asking for too much :rolleyes:

Frooty_Bazooty
03-09-2004, 08:54 PM
:mad: whats taking them so long??????

faboozadoo15
03-09-2004, 08:55 PM
i remember waiting for that damned miami fraw last year too... and then to my surprise to find no seles in the mix- u could have shot me.

Pink Panther
03-09-2004, 08:56 PM
:lol: this is worse than watching livescores...

faboozadoo15
03-09-2004, 09:01 PM
:lol: this is worse than watching livescores...
haha... i dunno, with some websites, id take this over that!

especially if you're watching your favorite and at 4-4 in the third set it stops updating and then takes an hour to get the match to the results page. :) good times

Frooty_Bazooty
03-09-2004, 09:07 PM
i wish it was law that the guys who write out the draws have to take speed so that they do it quicker

im losing my grip on reality here :explode:

jtipson
03-09-2004, 09:07 PM
It's there: http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2004/404/MDS.pdf

Frooty_Bazooty
03-09-2004, 09:10 PM
thank you! :worship:

Pink Panther
03-09-2004, 09:11 PM
My God...possible Safin vs. Roddick again

nitsansh
03-09-2004, 09:12 PM
I wonder... if the men qualies draw should be made only tonight local time... how long will it take for the Wednesday OOP to come out?
Do they make the OOP for women MD that also start tomorrow earlier?

Pink Panther
03-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Rogi and Andrei are just inseparable...

Sagie
03-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Can somebody please post the draw here? I cant watch it...

Scotso
03-09-2004, 09:19 PM
good luck:

Jurgen Melzer
Thomas Johansson
Lleyton Hewitt :D
Guillermo Coria
Mario Ancic
Arnaud Clement
Mikhail Youzhny
Feliciano Lopez
Dominik Hrbaty
Rainer Schuettler
Tommy Robredo :D
Nicolas Kiefer
Vince Spadea :D
Olivier Rochus
Jarkko Nieminen
Rafael Nadal :D
Nicolas Lapentti
Robby Ginepri
Radek Stepanek
Igor Andreev
Juan Carlos Ferrero :D

Scotty5
03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Hmm ... lots of interesting match-ups, though I hate this first round bye for all seeds action.

Federer plays the winner of Karlovic/Pavel right out of the gate, which should be a good test. Fortunately, Roger should have time to adjust to Pacific time zone and this particular court.

If T. Johansson can't take out Hewitt in the 2nd round, Federer will beat the C'mon Kid in the quarters, and should cost Lleyton a fat bunch of ranking points, since he won last year. (sorry for advance gloating, I'm just not a Hewitt fan, and don't believe he'll beat Roger)

By contrast, if Schuettler can't make it past a qualifier, his 2003 is really gonna look like a flash in the pan. I bet Bjorkman will beat him in the 3rd round, if Rainer gets that far.

And Mark Poo is likely to be headed back to surfing quickly. The way he's been playing, I don't see him getting past Youzhny and then Lopez, who've both been in good form.

Agassi will likely get to the semis before losing to Federer, unless Hrbaty stays hot, and out guns him in the 3rd. But I don't think Dominic's serve is big enough.

Any other predictions?

Ma. Estefania
03-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Can somebody please post the draw here? I cant watch it...

Yeah, please....I can't watch it either, it just says that it isn't available yet. :confused:

*Marat BigFan*
03-09-2004, 09:42 PM
go to the tornament official website...an you will see it!!!

Fee
03-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Wow, Robby v James Blake in the second round and Gambill v Roddick. My four favorite guys all against each other. Sunday and Monday will be ugly days.

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah, please....I can't watch it either, it just says that it isn't available yet. :confused:

1 Federer

Karlovic
Pavel
Melzer
Hanescu

Gonzalez
Fish

Q
Ulihrach
Martin
Ivanisevic

Novak
Srichaphan

Enqvist
Haas
Volandri
Canas

Costa
Chela

Q
Martin, A
Q
Johansson, T

8 Hewitt

4 Coria

Ancic
Sargsian
Bogomolov Jr.
Q

Mirnyi
Clement

Zabaleta
Sluiter
Sanguinetti
Santoro

Grosjean
Philippoussis

Lee
Youzhny
Moodie
Horna

Lopez
Hrbaty

Malisse
Beck
Sanchez
Saulnier

5 Agassi

6 Schuettler

Q
Q
Q
Vahaly

Bjorkman
Robredo

Ferrer
Corretja
Mantilla
Q

Henman
Schalken

Gaudio
Escude
Kiefer
Saretta

Spadea
Safin

Q
Davydenko
Gambill
Q

3 Roddick

7 Moya

Labadze
Q
Arazi
Rochus

Nieminen
Calleri

Ljubicic
Soderling
Burgsmuller
Nadal

Massu
Kuerten

Q
Dent
Ramirez-Hidalgo
Lapentti

Verkerk
Ginepri

Blake
Stepanek
Andreev
Ferreira

2 Ferrero

Deboogle!.
03-09-2004, 09:50 PM
ughhhhh

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 09:52 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking, and I'm supporting Federer not Roddick. Looks as though Agassi is the only one who had it easy (Hrbaty excepted).

Deboogle!.
03-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Well Ferrero's draw isn't too bad either. unless there's some bizarre head-to-head I'm unaware of.

Kathy
03-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Thank you Sjengster for the draws!! My computer won't do PDF so I was hoping someone like you would come along!! Thanks again.

poundcatt
03-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I wonder if Ferrero will still be tired? LOL

Sjengster
03-09-2004, 10:16 PM
S'OK Kathy, jtipson has a much better version with all the seedings over on GM.

Yes, Ferrero does have it pretty cushty - in fact, that bottom quarter is the weakest of the lot. Kuerten's been getting back into good form recently, but I really can't see anyone other than one of the two Spaniards reaching the semis there.

Deboogle!.
03-09-2004, 10:21 PM
yea...esp. since Moya's playing so well right now and Ferrero's had some time off.

Hewitt's quarter looks pretty easy too until Roger of course.

Ma. Estefania
03-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanx for posting it, Sjengster :)

Billabong
03-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Hmmmm Pavel and Rogi AGAIN!!! This is the 4th time of the year now! GO FED:D!!!

Guga may have Dent in the second round, I hope he'll be ready, go gugz:D!!!

Deboogle!.
03-10-2004, 01:11 AM
well Dent's been either injured, sick, or playing like shit this whole season. Guga shouldn't be too worried.

Tricky_Forehand
03-10-2004, 04:30 AM
well Dent's been either injured, sick, or playing like shit this whole season. Guga shouldn't be too worried.

That covers all the bases :haha:

Deboogle!.
03-10-2004, 04:53 AM
That covers all the bases :haha:

Well, it's sad but true!!!

J. Corwin
03-10-2004, 08:37 AM
I like Guga better so I can't argue with that.