Fitness Training; preparing for tennis season [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fitness Training; preparing for tennis season

Juan88
12-18-2006, 04:26 PM
I have a question. When you see Nadal running on the court, i always think by myself i want that too. But how does train those skills to be so fast. What fitness exercises does he do in the gym..... How does he train his moving around the court.
And also what exercises does he do to get such biceps he has. It's unbelievable how much power he has. He can run miles in a rally and still at the end make that passing shot. What exercises are the best for this?

If someone knows, i'd really like to know.:)

robrulz5
12-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Alot of short sprints would be the best for running.

Nadal would do alot of weights in the gym for his legs including squats and lunges.

As for his biceps they are purely for show. The main muscle in the arm used by a tennis player is the tricep located at the back of the arm.

Juan88
12-21-2006, 01:51 PM
okay, thanx robrulz5!:)
i will train my legs in the gym and also the triceps more often.
and jogging with sprints in it would also be a good exercise then.

robrulz5
12-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Another area to work out in the gym will be the shoulders especially the rotator cuff.

Burrow
12-22-2006, 10:41 PM
well if you are wanting speed, or particularly to hit a good passing shot or to get in position for the passing shot, you'd be benefiting from springting from side to side, maybe doing some sort of twist at either side as if you were stopping to hit the shot...

Juan88
12-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah i think that's also a good exercise Safinator2000, to sprint from side to side. The rotating and accelerating will certainly be good for making a passing shot.

Thanx guys!;)