Who is going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who is going?

Lebowski
12-18-2006, 01:20 AM
I will be in Auckland for that week. I will be definetly going for 2 day sessions. Now I just gotta find a bus to the venue

bad gambler
12-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Auckland won't be ready for the arrival of big leb

Kat!
12-18-2006, 11:43 AM
In my mind I'm going... I just need to book some flights!

Anyone has advice on buses to venue? I've checked on some sites before and there doesn't seem to be any......?

Lebowski
01-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Plan on going Wed - Sat.... anyone got xtra tiks pm me.

angelical
01-05-2007, 09:49 AM
If I was in Auckland I would soooo be going.

In my mind I'm going... I just need to book some flights!

Anyone has advice on buses to venue? I've checked on some sites before and there doesn't seem to be any......?
It depends where you're staying... I think the easiest is to just get a bus to the university and walk. It's only about 5-10 minutes down the hill and you can always get the free red bus from downtown. Oooor you could get a Link bus and get off around Parnell somewhere, sorry I don't know exact stop.

As for the extra tickets Lebowski... you could try www.trademe.co.nz, it's the NZ version of eBay and sometimes you might be able to find tickets on that...

To everyone who's going, have tons of fun!!!

Kat!
01-06-2007, 06:21 AM
It depends where you're staying... I think the easiest is to just get a bus to the university and walk. It's only about 5-10 minutes down the hill and you can always get the free red bus from downtown. Oooor you could get a Link bus and get off around Parnell somewhere, sorry I don't know exact stop.

Thanks for that... I picked up my tickets today and that was the route they recommend. Getting there is not an issue (downhill)... but gees... leaving will be a problem especially for night matches when the free bus stops running!

I'm guessing public transport to qualifying is also non-existent right.... the lady at the tourist centre recommends an hour and half bus trip plus 900m of walking! :rolleyes:

angelical
01-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks for that... I picked up my tickets today and that was the route they recommend. Getting there is not an issue (downhill)... but gees... leaving will be a problem especially for night matches when the free bus stops running!

I'm guessing public transport to qualifying is also non-existent right.... the lady at the tourist centre recommends an hour and half bus trip plus 900m of walking! :rolleyes:
Auckland's public transport system is beyond bad!! I'm not too familiar with the buses out northside. To find an alternative you could try the route planner function at www.stagecoach.co.nz

If you're staying in Auckland city, I would also recommend just walking, probably faster than waiting for the bus and then the actual journey itself. If you're staying in the central'ish Auckland area, there's always the Link, which, in theory, comes around every 20 minutes (I think).

Kat!
01-07-2007, 05:40 AM
Auckland's public transport system is beyond bad!! I'm not too familiar with the buses out northside. To find an alternative you could try the route planner function at www.stagecoach.co.nz

If you're staying in Auckland city, I would also recommend just walking, probably faster than waiting for the bus and then the actual journey itself. If you're staying in the central'ish Auckland area, there's always the Link, which, in theory, comes around every 20 minutes (I think).

After searching around I did find a direct route to the stadium... takes about 40mins on the bus! But there were quite a lot of people there today (could possibly beat the "crowd" at Day 1 of Adelaide!)....

I'm hoping to work up my fitness level after this tournament... all this walking!! :lol: