Nalbandian out of Indian Wells [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nalbandian out of Indian Wells

MAURO
03-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Clarin. an argentinian newspaper, today gave this notice. www.clarin.com

The newspaper said that David didn t recovere of his injury and he need rest to Miami and the Davis Cup

go David

*Ljubica*
03-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks for posting this here MAURO - we've been discussing it on his thread for a while, but to be honest, I was just too upset to post anything here. Please get well soon David, - tennis isn't the same for me without you :sad:

don_na
03-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi Mauro,
yes, we heard the bad news, let's hope he fully recovers for Miami!

Pink Panther
03-08-2004, 05:35 PM
:eek: :eek:

NOOO!!! This is really sad news. :sad: I wish him speedy recovery.

Sjengster
03-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Hmm... no points to defend, but the wrist is still a big worry, he's only played two matches since the AO. Pity, he could have been another potential challenger to Hewitt defending the title.

alfonsojose
03-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Injury? I hope it's the on e that sidelined him from Buenos Aires, not the left wrist :eek:

TheBoiledEgg
03-08-2004, 05:36 PM
not good news :( :(

bovenbuuf
03-08-2004, 05:37 PM
yeah I alreay saw it in his thread... it is realy sad news...

Deboogle!.
wait, his wrist is hurt again???

oh gosh!!!

*Ljubica*
Yes - it's the ankle - not the wrist

don_na
03-08-2004, 05:38 PM
I believe the article makes reference to his ankle, not his wrist...

Sjengster
03-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Ah, right - mind you, I'm not sure whether that's good or bad news, having a second injury on top of the wrist...

Deboogle!.
03-08-2004, 05:40 PM
oh ok thanks for clearing that up.

Ok so I admit I don't pay attention to the goings on of David but I don't like to see anyone hurt. what happened to his ankle? is it serious?

CooCooCachoo
03-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Oh no! I hope you retire soon David..

*Ljubica*
03-08-2004, 05:44 PM
oh ok thanks for clearing that up.

Ok so I admit I don't pay attention to the goings on of David but I don't like to see anyone hurt. what happened to his ankle? is it serious?

He injured it in practice for the Davis Cup tie in Morocco, and aggravated it during his match with Hicham Arazi in that tie. At frst they said a couple of weeks would clear it up, which is why he decided to return in Dubai, but it was still causing him problems there. It is not a sprain as such - but very swollen and painful and only rest will cure it so I hear.

alfonsojose
03-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Maybe the injury is not that serious, but he wants to be 100% recovered for Davis Cup. Good luck. :)

Deboogle!.
03-08-2004, 05:54 PM
He injured it in practice for the Davis Cup tie in Morocco, and aggravated it during his match with Hicham Arazi in that tie. At frst they said a couple of weeks would clear it up, which is why he decided to return in Dubai, but it was still causing him problems there. It is not a sprain as such - but very swollen and painful and only rest will cure it so I hear.

aha, thanks. Come to think of it now I remember reading about this. I have an uncanny ability to go on vacation and forget what happened before I left LOL. Anyway, hopefully rest will do the trick. I don't like all these guys being injured. First Juan Carlos and Carlos and Younes and then David and Andy and more... I'm selfish, I want good matches and all the players to be in good health!

amethyst
03-08-2004, 06:07 PM
aha, thanks. Come to think of it now I remember reading about this. I have an uncanny ability to go on vacation and forget what happened before I left LOL. Anyway, hopefully rest will do the trick. I don't like all these guys being injured. First Juan Carlos and Carlos and Younes and then David and Andy and more... I'm selfish, I want good matches and all the players to be in good health!

You´re absolutely right, bunk. I think all tennis fans would be happier without all these nagging injuries!

Deboogle!.
03-08-2004, 06:30 PM
I think all tennis fans would be happier without all these nagging injuries!

yes, definitely! And the players too of course lol

Granted I'm sort of new to following the day-to-day tennis world, but this just seems really bad right now.. is it common for this early in the season for so many top players to have little nagging injuries that contribute to losses early in tourneys and withdrawals and the like? I don't like it :mad:

sigmagirl91
03-08-2004, 06:59 PM

Thanks so much, coo, for your sympathy. Will pass it on to David...ummmm,NOT!!!!!

sigmagirl91
03-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Just a conjecture, and I don't wanna scare anyone, but has he
been checked out for any immune system/circulation problems? Slow
healing from injuries is one indicator of an underlying issue that
has not been addressed. Hope his doctors can find something; it's
frustrating to have to go through injury problems and heal properly
from them. On the other hand, I hope nothing's broken.

Shadow
03-08-2004, 07:23 PM
:sad:

get well soon David!

Kiara
03-08-2004, 07:28 PM
oh, that is unfortunate, wish him all the best for a speedy recovery...:sad:

maratski
03-08-2004, 07:30 PM
:sad:

Angelito
03-08-2004, 07:36 PM

Please tell me you didn't meant what you said!!

sigmagirl91
03-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Coocoo truly lives up to his name. Now the cachoo? It may be a cross between a fart and a sneeze....

Chloe le Bopper
03-08-2004, 08:12 PM
?

If that is what you meant to say, please grow the fuck up.

Thanks.

As for this news... sigh. Frustrating, as a fan. But whatever.

jazz_girl
03-08-2004, 08:14 PM
I still can't believe this, I feel awful for him. I hope he's ready for Miami, he need to win some points to remain in the top ten...
Get well soon David!!! We miss you!

heya
03-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Coocoo is a Fed fan. What do u expect?

jazz_girl
03-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Please, tell me I misunderstood what you said. I can't believe you're actually saying this...

sigmagirl91
03-08-2004, 08:44 PM

Heya, his comments were rather shocking to me, considering that he supported our efforts to get a forum for David.

Ma. Estefania
03-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Yes, a big shame :sad:

J. Corwin
03-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Horrible news. At this rate he might not even be ready for Miami. I hope he comes back fully healed instead of aggravating it further.

jazz_girl
03-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Well, according to the newspapers he's coming to Argentina to have some kind of a treatment and hopefully he'll be ready for Miami. So let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

Frooty_Bazooty
03-08-2004, 11:18 PM
:sad: First Carlos and now David, i hate ankles!!!! :mad:

Raquel
03-08-2004, 11:19 PM
:sad: :sad:

Get better David :hug:

Havok
03-09-2004, 12:05 AM
:scared: get well soon David, you should be stepping it up now and cracking the top 5!

WyveN
03-09-2004, 02:49 AM
its obvious coocoo made a mistake but lets see how many more people flame him

WyveN
03-09-2004, 02:50 AM

I was surprised by the stupidity of this post but then I saw the author :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
03-09-2004, 03:18 AM
I just assumed that the "retire" word could be chalked up to a linguistic difference. I didn't take it as an insult to David but that's me.

WyveN
03-09-2004, 03:19 AM
I just assumed that the "retire" word could be chalked up to a linguistic difference. I didn't take it as an insult to David but that's me.

exactly, if i remmember correctly coocoo is actually a fan of David but of course people jump to conclusions

lsy
03-09-2004, 03:29 AM
I was surprised by the stupidity of this post but then I saw the author :rolleyes:

worth winning your stupidest post award of the day? :p

I'm disappointed with David's withdrawing from this tournament but at least he knows if it's not worth playing, then he shouldn't.

Get well soon!

Carito_90
03-09-2004, 05:30 AM
Well yeah it's a pity that David's not playing in Indian Wells.. but he's right, he has to be okay for the Davis cup!
I thought his ankle injury was nuthin too serious, at least that's what i read the day that happened in the newspaper... but umm, i guess it was kinda serious.
Whatever, get well soon David!

CooCooCachoo
03-09-2004, 05:38 PM

OMG I so didn't mean to type that.. LOL! I meant get well.. how could I mix things up that badly?!
Sorry Nalbandian fans, I didn't mean to say that at all, since I think David is a great player on Tour!

CooCooCachoo
03-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Hmm I did get quoted a lot, didn't I? I really didn't mean to say what I did, but some of you do need to calm down. The stress factor in here seems to be a bit too high at times..

sigmagirl91
03-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Yeah, we wondered about that.

CooCooCachoo
03-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Heh, sorry sigma. As you said, I actually supported you so that you could get a David Nalbandian subforum on here and I think he is a good player. He isn't one of my favourite players, but I do like him. He is a friendly player (although I've heard a lot of people disagree with me) and an all-court player, which is always a good thing.

Oh well.. To clarify everything, this was supposed to be the message:

Oh no! I hope you get well soon, David!

But you have some explaining to do too.. what about me living up to my name? Is that based on just this typo or whatever I should call it or on more things? I considered it very disrespectful, actually.

And, I do support my first unwanted statement, if the injury turns out to be career-threatening and could cause David to have a problem in his further life. His health should be considered more important than his fans, even by his fans.

alfonsojose
03-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Thank god you said something. It seemed WTAworld here. ;)

CooCooCachoo
03-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Huh, I don't get that? I am a member there, but I think I only posted like twice, lol.

Lee
03-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Hmm I did get quoted a lot, didn't I? I really didn't mean to say what I did, but some of you do need to calm down. The stress factor in here seems to be a bit too high at times..

I 100% agree with you on the 'calm down' part. Honestly, some of the Nalby fans here are getting too sensitive and annoying like some Roddick fans.

alfonsojose
03-09-2004, 06:02 PM
CooCooCachoo, The WTAworld forum is 10000 worse than the (thank god dead) infamous thread Andy 5 minutes ..

You can say anything and people start to jump and attack each other in a very rude, inmature way. Thank god the enviroment is far open and tolerant here.

But sometimes things can get bad. Even if you meant what you said, no matter how ugly it seemed, it was your opinion.

jazz_girl
03-09-2004, 06:18 PM
OMG I so didn't mean to type that.. LOL! I meant get well.. how could I mix things up that badly?!
Sorry Nalbandian fans, I didn't mean to say that at all, since I think David is a great player on Tour!
LOL! Thanl God! I was really surprised when I read your post, I'm glad it was just a misunderstanding! ;)

RogiFan88
03-09-2004, 08:21 PM
I 100% agree with you on the 'calm down' part. Honestly, some of the Nalby fans here are getting too sensitive and annoying like some Roddick fans.

hee hee... just as the Federer fans are suddenly becoming arrogant and jump-on-the-bandwagon types!! :haha: hmmm... sounds like some of those Pandy fans... :p

too bad for Nalby cos I was hoping he could beat Pandy in I Wells... next time!

Guilles' grl
03-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Aww poor CooCoo. When I read the original "goat getter" I thought it was a joke, so I took it as such. You didn't do nuthin. Everyone jus' needs to lighten up a bit.

Love ya Nal-B!!! Please get well soon!!

Leo
03-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Too many injuries for David. :sad: