Tennis Tipping Challenger Tournaments SubForum [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis Tipping Challenger Tournaments SubForum

Enjoy Incubus
12-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi, i´d like to know if there´s a possibility to create one subforum inside Tennis Tipping forum. I think it would be better to have a forum for TT Challengers tournaments. That way there´ll be no need of create threads of TT Challenger tournaments mixed up with the other TT threads, cause we would have all that threads tidy into the respective TT Challenger tournaments subforum. Thanks! Waiting for an answer:wavey:

EDIT: most of the people, including the TT board, think it would be better to have only one subforum for TT Challenger tournaments. And not 3, then i´m starting to realize it is kind of unnecessary as we always had the possibility to have our TT ATP tournaments into the respective tournament, which is more comfortable, more organized and better-looking.

Peta Pan
12-18-2006, 08:30 AM
You mean we would play the tournaments in the TT subforum?

That doesn't seem necessary coz all the other games - PAW and PTS - are played in the tournament's thread.

Or maybe I'm just confusing what you mean :)

belco
12-18-2006, 08:52 AM
i think its stupid :(

Action Jackson
12-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Fine as it is now.

bad gambler
12-18-2006, 02:39 PM
At this stage no changes are expected to be made with respect to how the games forums are setup, so short answer is no.

But I'm sure Steve is happy to continue to hear more suggestions especially if it is a consensus opinion.

savesthedizzle
12-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This is what we would actually like in the TT games forum (an agreement among several members of the TT board and many players)

Within the Tennis Tipping forum we were wondering if we could have a subforum for the Challengers threads to be placed in, just so that the game threads could be seperate from the rules threads etc. That's all we want. Not three subforums, just one, so that our forum could be a little neater and new players could find the important threads easier. it would also make it easier to find all of the challenger threads. I don't know about many of the other games, but for TT a lot of threads are going to be created within the TT forum this year and it will get very messy very quickly unless we can seperate the game threads from the decision making threads.

Looking through the games forum it looks like PAW has commitment threads and PTS has some statistics but no other games forum will create as many threads as we will in the TT forum over the coming year because none of those games involve challengers, so they can always utilize their tournament forums. On the other hand, we have to clutter up our lovely active TT forum with the challengers. The ATP tournaments we will still play in the tournament forums, this request is just to create a subforum within our forum for the challengers only.

If this is not possible, could we perhaps get a few of the important threads stickied instead? :awww:

Enjoy Incubus
12-18-2006, 03:28 PM
As savestheday91 well said, i´d like to see if we can have a TT subforum for TT Challenger tournament threads as TT board was agree to have a TT subforum for TT Challenger tournaments to have the things tidier.

belco
12-18-2006, 03:31 PM
thats better than the first suggested post

Enjoy Incubus
12-18-2006, 03:40 PM
At this stage no changes are expected to be made with respect to how the games forums are setup, so short answer is no.

But I'm sure Steve is happy to continue to hear more suggestions especially if it is a consensus opinion.
Thanks for listening to all of us everytime we have a suggestion and for giving us answers everytime we need them:hug:

Labamba
12-20-2006, 08:52 AM
This is what we would actually like in the TT games forum (an agreement among several members of the TT board and many players)

Within the Tennis Tipping forum we were wondering if we could have a subforum for the Challengers threads to be placed in, just so that the game threads could be seperate from the rules threads etc. That's all we want. Not three subforums, just one, so that our forum could be a little neater and new players could find the important threads easier. it would also make it easier to find all of the challenger threads. I don't know about many of the other games, but for TT a lot of threads are going to be created within the TT forum this year and it will get very messy very quickly unless we can seperate the game threads from the decision making threads.

Looking through the games forum it looks like PAW has commitment threads and PTS has some statistics but no other games forum will create as many threads as we will in the TT forum over the coming year because none of those games involve challengers, so they can always utilize their tournament forums. On the other hand, we have to clutter up our lovely active TT forum with the challengers. The ATP tournaments we will still play in the tournament forums, this request is just to create a subforum within our forum for the challengers only.

This is a very good suggestion, which has the support of the TT board. This year TT will run more than 50 challenger tournaments with all them having their own threads. We don't want to crowd the Challenger Forum with these as it doesn't have the right structure for them, so we have to start them in our TT forum. This will cause it to be very messy with all the rankings, rules, discussion, polls, etc. threads. So it would be very helpful to have this subforum for the challengers. Tennis Tipping has grown a lot (amount of players and tournaments) and keeps attracting new players all the time, we could use the extra place to keep things tidy. :)

savesthedizzle
04-09-2007, 01:39 AM
I think there is a sentiment to bump this request up again to see if anything can come of it.

Our TT forum is really becoming very messy and very unorganized when there are several active challenger threads between the current tournament and next week's tournaments and then the rankings threads, the rules threads, the statistics threads, the manager threads... it's just really becoming very confusing, especially for new members who might want to play our game.

So if at all it would be possible to look again at our request for a subforum within the TT forum for the threads for all the challenger events that are being played, that would really really be super :)

Andre♥
04-09-2007, 02:06 AM
I think there is a sentiment to bump this request up again to see if anything can come of it.

Our TT forum is really becoming very messy and very unorganized when there are several active challenger threads between the current tournament and next week's tournaments and then the rankings threads, the rules threads, the statistics threads, the manager threads... it's just really becoming very confusing, especially for new members who might want to play our game.

So if at all it would be possible to look again at our request for a subforum within the TT forum for the threads for all the challenger events that are being played, that would really really be super :)

I second that.

Deboogle!.
04-09-2007, 03:39 AM
Really good idea.

bad gambler
04-09-2007, 03:50 AM
I forgot to follow up Steve with this one the first time

I'll ask him again when returns after the Easter weekend :wavey:

savesthedizzle
04-09-2007, 03:53 AM
Thanks a billion :)

belco