Tommy in the Qatar Open - Jan. 1-7, 2007 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy in the Qatar Open - Jan. 1-7, 2007

12-13-2006, 03:21 AM
Well we will see Tommy here before the AO. So Good Luck Tommy :D

TommyB.
12-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah his first tournament 2007! :)

I'm glad...there's no Federer this time. ;)

yumo
12-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Mae,the Qatar Open's date is "January 1-7, 2007";)

yumo
12-14-2006, 12:26 PM
~~~~~~~

yumo
12-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Tommy's plan

Qatar ExxonMobil Open - Jan. 1-7, 2007
Kooyong - Jan. 10 -13, 2007
Australian Open - Jan. 15 -28, 2007
Delray Beach - Jan. 29 - Feb. 4, 2007

12-15-2006, 04:56 AM
Mae,the Qatar Open's date is "January 1-7, 2007";)
Thanks for the correction yumo :) I guess I got it confused with another Tournament :confused: But it is even better because Tommy will be playing even sooner :yippee:

12-15-2006, 04:57 AM
Yeah his first tournament 2007! :)

I'm glad...there's no Federer this time. ;)
The best words of all--"there's no Federer" :D

wenty
12-16-2006, 02:31 AM
:lol: Good luck to Haas!!!

<Eve>
12-18-2006, 10:23 AM
:D :D good luck tommy!!! can't wait to see him play again!!!

12-19-2006, 04:12 AM
:D :D good luck tommy!!! can't wait to see him play again!!!
Well there probably won't be anyway I can actually see Tommy playing :sad: :mad: But you can be sure I'll be following him somehow :D

<Eve>
12-20-2006, 04:00 PM
you can see some of the slams can't you!?!? :eek:

12-21-2006, 04:22 AM
you can see some of the slams can't you!?!? :eek:
Sorry I meant there is no way for me to see him at the
Qator Open :sad: I hope I can still see slams, but the state of TV viewing of Tennis in the U.S. is definitely not good right now :bigcry: Unless you can get The Tennis Channel which I still can't get :fiery:

<Eve>
12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Haha ok ;) I still haven't seen Tommy play for real aswell, but Eurosport is covering some of the matches :angel:
I hope they will also cover the qatar open!

Maybe you can only get that channel when you pay extra?? Oh well.. paying more for extra things isn't really our thing is it ;)

12-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Haha ok ;) I still haven't seen Tommy play for real aswell, but Eurosport is covering some of the matches :angel:

Maybe you can only get that channel when you pay extra?? Oh well.. paying more for extra things isn't really our thing is it ;)
I get my TV from a company called DirecTV. And I want The Tennis Channel so bad I would pay extra for it, but DirecTV doesn't carry The Tennis Channel at all :sad: :mad: And I just thought of something I know I won't be able to see the French Open because The Tennis Channel was given the rights to it :fiery:

Sean.J.S.
12-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Hmm well Australia barely shows any tennis. They only show Hopman Cup (only day sessions), Adelaide SF & F, Sydney, Australian Open (night sessions in the part of Australia I live are delayed telecast at our home Grand Slam :rolleyes:), Wimbledon delayed telecast, US Open SF & F delayed telecast, MC Final as well as the Davis Cup ties which Australia are in which I guess won't be too many next year :o.

A couple of months ago I got pay TV (Foxtel) which is way better. I get Hopman Cup day and night sessions, all of Adelaide and Sydney, all Grand Slams, all Masters tournaments, all of Masters Cup and all DC ties :)

Anyway about Tommy in the Qatar Open (not Qator Open as you said) I wish Tommy the best of luck. I'm sure he will win it with no Federer :D

12-24-2006, 03:12 AM
Hmm well Australia barely shows any tennis. They only show Hopman Cup (only day sessions), Adelaide SF & F, Sydney, Australian Open (night sessions in the part of Australia I live are delayed telecast at our home Grand Slam :rolleyes:), Wimbledon delayed telecast, US Open SF & F delayed telecast, MC Final as well as the Davis Cup ties which Australia are in which I guess won't be too many next year :o.

A couple of months ago I got pay TV (Foxtel) which is way better. I get Hopman Cup day and night sessions, all of Adelaide and Sydney, all Grand Slams, all Masters tournaments, all of Masters Cup and all DC ties :)

Anyway about Tommy in the Qatar Open (not Qator Open as you said) I wish Tommy the best of luck. I'm sure he will win it with no Federer :D
Tennis coverage is not too great anywhere anymore it seems :sad: I hope Tommy will win also :D And I sure made a mess of this Thread Title :o I will correct it again right away :)

<Eve>
12-24-2006, 04:07 PM
omg!! you wont be able to see the roland garros!? that's really bad!!!! we'll keep you up to date then ok!! :D

12-25-2006, 05:25 AM
omg!! you wont be able to see the roland garros!? that's really bad!!!! we'll keep you up to date then ok!! :D
Oh well I'm sure I'll find some scoring on it somewhere maybe even here at MTF :D And now I'm trying to remember everywhere I wrote "Qatar", because I bet I spelled it wrong everytime I wrote it :eek:

kiwifan80
12-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Tennis coverage is not too great anywhere anymore it seems :sad: I hope Tommy will win also :D And I sure made a mess of this Thread Title :o I will correct it again right away :)

Yeah it;s even worse in the US. Basicaly if u don't have the tennis channel, u;re screwed:rolleyes: So I'm basically hoping he does great @ the Australian because that's the ony time I'll be able to see him on tv.

I was hoping he'd play Sydney originally but his chances are defniately better in qatar

12-27-2006, 02:38 AM
Yeah it;s even worse in the US. Basicaly if u don't have the tennis channel, u;re screwed:rolleyes: So I'm basically hoping he does great @ the Australian because that's the ony time I'll be able to see him on tv.

I was hoping he'd play Sydney originally but his chances are defniately better in qatar
I don't know what tennis fans are supposed to do :rolleyes: I have begged DirecTV to get The Tennis Channel and they won't do it plus they won't even tell me why :mad: :sad:

TommyB.
12-27-2006, 10:07 AM

Yes we are able to watch some tennis next week on Eurosport. Hopefully lots of matches with Tommy. :)

Qatar Open and AO...after that we have a long time without ATP tennis too.

kiwifan80
12-28-2006, 02:32 AM
I don't know what tennis fans are supposed to do :rolleyes: I have begged DirecTV to get The Tennis Channel and they won't do it plus they won't even tell me why :mad: :sad:

Do you have comcast cable near you at all, because I think they support the Tennis CHannel. That's what I think I've heard. I have comcast so I'm praying I can get it through them

Neely
12-28-2006, 09:10 PM
:bounce: Good luck for your new season, Tommy! :yeah:

12-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Do you have comcast cable near you at all, because I think they support the Tennis CHannel. That's what I think I've heard. I have comcast so I'm praying I can get it through them
More and more of Comcast is getting The Tennis Channel I know. So I hope you will get it soon :D What I have done is dumped DirecTV and tomorrow afternoon I will have Dish TV with The Tennis Channel :yippee: :woohoo: :bounce:

TommyB.
12-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Tommy retired apparently. Somebody told that in the tournament thread. And there's a comment on his new website: "My season will start on the 10st of January. I´ll play the exhibition in Kooyong."

12-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Tommy retired apparently. Somebody told that in the tournament thread. And there's a comment on his new website: "My season will start on the 10st of January. I´ll play the exhibition in Kooyong."
Thanks for posting :)That was almost as quick as my experience with DISH TV :sad: I called DISH TV on Wednesday and they said they would be here today between Noon and 5 p.m. They didn't show up nor did they say why they didn't show up :mad: When I called them about the situation all they said was I would have to reschedule the appointment. I told them to forget it :fiery: Maybe DirecTV doesn't have The Tennis Channel, but they certainly have better service than that :rolleyes: So I guess I will just have to keep after DirecTV to get The Tennis Channel :sad:

12-31-2006, 12:20 AM
I guess he would rather start his season off with an exhibition instead of a regular Tournament, but I thought he could have done well at the Qatar Open. After all I had to do to get the thread title right Tommy pulls out :rolleyes:

Sean.J.S.
01-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Well I have pay tv now :)

01-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Well I have pay tv now :)
Lucky you :cool:

<Eve>
01-04-2007, 03:27 PM
ah! stupid DISH TV!! how dare they!! tss.... they should've been really happy to have a new customer in stead of being assholes!! :mad: :rolleyes: i feel really sorry for you mae!!!

i hope tommy will do ok in kooyong then.... :o

01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
ah! stupid DISH TV!! how dare they!! tss.... they should've been really happy to have a new customer in stead of being assholes!! :mad: :rolleyes: i feel really sorry for you mae!!!

i hope tommy will do ok in kooyong then.... :o
Yes I was really upset with DISH :ras: And I lost my chance to have The Tennis Channel :bigcry:

<Eve>
01-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Yes I was really upset with DISH :ras: And I lost my chance to have The Tennis Channel :bigcry:
maybe you can call them again and pretend to be a famous person, then they will be at your door in 15 minutes!! :lol:

01-05-2007, 02:03 PM
maybe you can call them again and pretend to be a famous person, then they will be at your door in 15 minutes!! :lol:
:lol: You know I did call them back to see if anyone would be concerned about what had happened. I thought if they were, I might be able to give them another chance.
But they didn't care at all :ras: