Who do you think will win Wimbledon? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who do you think will win Wimbledon?

JennyS
03-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Who do you think will win Wimbledon this year?

faboozadoo15
03-07-2004, 11:59 PM
a little early, but i see no reason to say anyone BUT roger... so im going with him!

LCeh
03-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Agree. It was his first slam, and probably his favorite slam, so I think he would work extra hard to defend his title there. Plus he is just playing so well as of late, so as far as I can tell, he would probably has the highest chance there.

Deboogle!.
03-08-2004, 12:21 AM
a little early, but i see no reason to say anyone BUT roger... so im going with him!

yep, pretty much.

armaniman
03-08-2004, 01:35 AM
very hard to look beyond roger but if the wheels were to fall off then maybe a second for hewitt or a fairytale safin win.

sorry but tim henman, centre court, cheesey smile and union jacks i just cant see it happening as much as i dream or try and would love to see.

i just dont want it to be roddick as back of paper will go over the top for a week here and thats just uk and he will do 10000 interviews saying how surreal it feels and humbling it is to be in such a hall of fame and a year of photo shoots and "surreal" and photo shoots and "awesome and surreal" lmao

Fedex
03-08-2004, 03:49 AM
Rogi!! :D Lleyton has NO chance if he meets Rogi, or a decent Serve-Volleyer!!

Action Jackson
03-08-2004, 04:43 AM
Tennis will be the winner.

oxy
03-08-2004, 05:10 AM
why not a hispanican or argentine???? nadal, lopez, ferrero, nalbandian....maybe im dreaming.....but rogi is still the best bet!!!

CooCooCachoo
03-08-2004, 05:22 AM
Obviously, Roger is the top favourite. I think Lleyton will be in with a good chance too, if he plays as well as he has this year, at times.

FanOfHewitt
03-08-2004, 05:33 AM
Rogi!! :D Lleyton has NO chance if he meets Rogi, or a decent Serve-Volleyer!!

Yeah I'm sure Hewitt has no chance if he runs into a decent serve volleyer like Henman (lmfao, especially a Henman who has just beaten Federer in a semi, ahahaha!).

CooCooCachoo
03-08-2004, 05:37 AM
Why do Hewitt fans always seek the (counter)attack?

FanOfHewitt
03-08-2004, 06:01 AM

Becuase of the percieved unjust comments that are made against him. How can hewitt have no chance agaisnt a decent serve vollyer when he has beaten the likes of Sampras, Federer, Henman, Philippoussis, Dent, Ivanisevic and Rusedski ALL ON GRASS???

Domino
03-08-2004, 06:18 AM
I would just like to say that you people are jumping the gun because no grass tournaments have been played yet, and RG hasn't even happened yet, and still you want to predict the winner of Wimbledon. There are too many contenders but I think it is pointless to discuss any of them this early. Any one of Roger, Roddick (Ughh, but I had to mention him), JC, Marc Flip, Andre, Hewitt, Henman, Grosjean, Feliciano, Marat, and Fishy(Heh :)), as well as many more have a chance, but a lot can happen between now and Wimbledon so it is better to just wait and see until after the clay swing is over.

Note: I know GWE and others are going to attack my saying Fish as a contender.

WyveN
03-08-2004, 06:22 AM

because their unsecure
even Roddick fans (another player who isnt very well liked here) arent as fast to remind everyone how great Roddick is

Federer,Roddick, Phillipoussis..........don't think anyone else can win

Action Jackson
03-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Wrong Domino I think it's idiotic that people are trying to predict this far out who will win RG, well at least with Wimbledon there are only so few who can win.

TheBoiledEgg
03-08-2004, 09:26 AM
I cant see Ferrero winning as much as i like him.

If he does win ....... another streak coming up :help: but where ;)

i'd rate Goran's chances of winning higher and they're pretty low.

Kristen
03-08-2004, 11:09 AM
I think David ought to get his act together and get the title. Roger also a good chance if he keeps form. Beware of Bj÷rkman and Jarkko in the first few rounds though! ;o)

FanOfHewitt
03-08-2004, 12:40 PM
because their unsecure

So any time anyone attacks a comment for being off the mark its a case of insecurity?

even Roddick fans (another player who isnt very well liked here) arent as fast to remind everyone how great Roddick is

They've only got half the arguments to use to prove his greatness that Hewitt fans do.

Federer,Roddick, Phillipoussis..........don't think anyone else can win

Ferrero, Hewitt, Henman, Agassi, Nalbandian and probably some others all have a chance of winning it.

maratski
03-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Marat

*Ljubica*
03-08-2004, 04:38 PM
As other people have said before, it really IS too early to tell, and at this stage it's hard to bet against Roger, - but I'll stick my neck on the line and say David - maybe it's just because I want him to win my home Slam so much - but he DID get the Final once before so you never know :)

alfonsojose
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
It's too early. I know the board has been "slow" lately, but this is crazy ;). it would be better about RG 'coz we've seen some clay matches.

J. Corwin
03-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Way too soon.

Fedex
03-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Do you think Hewitt would beat Fed on grass now!!! NO fucken way!!! Its his best surface. Hewitt has no chance against Fed on grass!!! :d

Mimi
03-09-2004, 05:39 AM
roger but i wish Mark/Goran, but I think this will be never happened :mad:

roger will gonna break sampras's records :mad: :mad:

Santorofan
03-09-2004, 07:31 AM
Hey, this poll's a close one ;)

FanOfHewitt
03-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Do you think Hewitt would beat Fed on grass now!!! NO fucken way!!! Its his best surface. Hewitt has no chance against Fed on grass!!! :d

What is it with all these arrogant Federer fans? Federer is not unbeatable.

Hewitt could beat Federer on grass now. I'm not saying he will, but to say "no fucken way, Hewitt has no chance" is plain fantasy.

I actually really like Federer but the way some of his fans show disdain for all other opponents makes me wish Federer loses to teach them all a lesson in humility.

Fedex
03-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Not if he plays like he is now. They played once on grass and that was a totally different Fed then the one now.

jtipson
03-09-2004, 02:42 PM
They played at Rosmalen in 2001. That was only a couple of weeks before Federer beat Sampras, so he can't have been that bad then.

Sure Roger has improved, but he is definitely not invincible, even on grass. I'd expect Lleyton to give him a very tough match anywhere, even at Wimbledon. And if Lleyton doesn't beat him, Tim Henman certainly could.

hedgehog
03-09-2004, 02:47 PM
hewitt isnt type of guy who gets crushed by anyone particually not on a service he like = grass...ok federer might win but woudl be close.

soe peopel seem to forget hewitt always beat sampras the grass court king and henman too so where this federer woudl definetely kiss his arse attitude comes from I dont know.

sometimes people are so fanatical about someone that emotions take over sanity.

armaniman
03-09-2004, 02:52 PM
well said hedgehog, its not like they say oh my player would win but could be a tight one, they say "no fkn way" like the player is superman and these are same people who when the result goes wrong they are never there to be found and say "ok ok i was wrong"

If there so confident why dont they put their life savings on it or is it just "talk" cos talk is cheap

armaniman
03-09-2004, 03:05 PM
another point to add re: Fedex....i bet you were saying same thing at paris masters last year and this year before his henman encounters.....i bet you were sayign no fkn way can he lose.

If he were to have a tight match against hewitt on grass "god forbid" as you have said lleyton would have no chance and unthinkably if he were to "shock horror" lose then what lame excuses would you find????? you seem so certain so really hewitt must have got lucky in his grass matches with henman and sampras and is not fit to be on the same court as federer.

someone said earlier they like fed but if his fans are gonna be so cocky and arrogant they wont mind seeing him lose and I am starting to feel the same, if someones cocky and arrogant about their fave then i will want it to blow up in their face

oasis04
03-09-2004, 03:10 PM
another point to add re: Fedex....i bet you were saying same thing at paris masters last year and this year before his henman encounters.....i bet you were sayign no fkn way can he lose.

If he were to have a tight match against hewitt on grass "god forbid" as you have said lleyton would have no chance and unthinkably if he were to "shock horror" lose then what lame excuses would you find????? you seem so certain so really hewitt must have got lucky in his grass matches with henman and sampras and is not fit to be on the same court as federer.

someone said earlier they like fed but if his fans are gonna be so cocky and arrogant they wont mind seeing him lose and I am starting to feel the same, if someones cocky and arrogant about their fave then i will want it to blow up in their face

They were probably playing with their genitals when hewitt was beating sampras or henman on grass lmao and didnt know the matches were even going on.

I also notice since 2003 the sudden ermergence of Federer fanatics who probably dont know in depth about tennis and therefore make stupid remarks which seemed to have annoyed lots of people on this thread.

sigmagirl91
03-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I don't know; let's wait and see what happens. Anything can happen.

WyveN
03-09-2004, 09:52 PM
What is it with all these arrogant Federer fans?

Well there is Fedex and of course Fedex is a little arrogant sometimes and can't forget that other posted named fedex.
I am not sure if Fedex has been watching Roger play lately so I am not certain how he is coming to these conclusions.

Hewitt has a chance but it would be a huge shock if he beat him at a slam. I said the same thing prior to AO but a lot of people tipped Hewitt in 4th round.

LCeh
03-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by FanOfHewitt

Don't kill the whole pond for one fish ;) We are not all bad. Sometimes we just have a little too much hope in Roger I guess. Plus, a lot of Rogi fans show a lot of respect for other players as well. Don't let one person cloud your judgement. :)

rassklovn
03-09-2004, 11:19 PM
I like Federer, but I am not one of these delusional morons who believe he can't be beaten and since when was it automatic just because you won Wimbledon last year, means it's going to happen the next year.

There is a thing called bandwaggon jumpers. There seems to be some of those Federer fans, it's like when Liverpool were dominating they had all these fans, then when Man U started winning many alleged Liverpool fans went for Man U.

The winner of Wimbledon will be Arvind Parmar.

RoddickPride
03-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Federer :mad:

Dirk
03-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Henman could win Wimbly. Hewitt could win it again. Hell I think moya can win it if he would just fucking play it and realize how great on grass he can be. Henman had a lot of things in his favor at Paris. He deserved his wins, but he hasn't grown as a player from his big win. Henman can play the greatest match of his life against Roger but if Roger plays well it doesn't really matter. Fedex does go overboard but most of Roger's fans just have a lot of faith in him and have watched him for years and know what he is capable of.

faboozadoo15
03-10-2004, 12:13 AM
whats with all these OTHER players' fans who think we are crazy? i think we're pretty subdued in comparison to other players' fans who go way overboard when their guy isn't anywhere near #1. :rolleyes:

WyveN
03-10-2004, 05:16 AM
There is a thing called bandwaggon jumpers. There seems to be some of those Federer fans, it's like when Liverpool were dominating they had all these fans, then when Man U started winning many alleged Liverpool fans went for Man U.

Such as?

Even the overboard Fedex and Dirk, if they were bandwaggon jumpers I think they would switch to Roddick during the hardcourt season.

Action Jackson
03-10-2004, 05:22 AM
I think he was having a go at fairweather fans in general Wyver, I know you are not one but there are some people who will only cheer for who is winning, and when they aren't the best, then they will change to other person who is top of the tree.

I don't think Dirk would ever change sides.

WyveN
03-10-2004, 05:24 AM
I think tangy is a fan of everyone in the top 8, just to cover all bases ;)

no offense, just a joke

Dirk
03-10-2004, 06:24 AM
I've loved Roger since DC 01 when he killed USA. Before him I loved the media darling Kaffy and Raffy. I also liked Bjorkman (another huge star) and Santoro (He was Andy before Andy) so yeah I'm a real whore. :bounce: just waiting for the next bandwagon to come on by.

Action Jackson
03-10-2004, 06:32 AM
Total whore Dirkie, yes Kafelnikov that great friend of the media.

Crazy_Fool
03-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Henman could win Wimbly
Do u really think so?

yanchr
03-10-2004, 01:59 PM

I see the logic there, but if you truly like Fed how can you start to cheer against this tennis genius of decades just because of some single so-called arrogant fan there?

yanchr
03-10-2004, 02:06 PM

Sorry, but ALL THESE? Pls name more than two...

FanOfHewitt
03-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Don't kill the whole pond for one fish ;) We are not all bad. Sometimes we just have a little too much hope in Roger I guess. Plus, a lot of Rogi fans show a lot of respect for other players as well. Don't let one person cloud your judgement. :)

I wasn't speaking about all Federer fans, I was speaking about all ARROGANT Federer fans.

Sorry, but ALL THESE? Pls name more than two...

When I made this comment I was thinking specifically of Fedex, Dirk and WyverN. I realise that deciding who actually is arrogant is a subjective call, becuase both WyverN and Dirk have made comments on this thread to the effect that they themselves are not arrogant, when in fact I think that they (some of the times at least) are. What I was basing the claim of arrogance on is that they have, in the past, totally dismissed Hewitt as a player (or diminished his stature as a player to such an extent that it seems rediculous to me and outright disrespectful to Hewitt) whilst at the same time lauding Federer as being all-powerful and all-mighty. From my subjective opinion, that seems arrogant. Fedex, Wyvern and Dirk will no doubt say that its not arrogance and that its simply the way they see it and they are stating the truth as they interpret it. Its just that from my view point, their take on reality (in the context of Hewitt/Federer comparisons especially) is so unreasonable that it makes it look as though they are aren't basing their opinions on evidence and are merely being arrogant.

I don't mind if people have views that differ wildly from mine, that's what message boards are all about, getting a full spectrum of opinions, but when I percieve that someone's being arrogant, I'm going to call it that way. They can disagree if they wish.

yanchr
03-10-2004, 04:13 PM
When I made this comment I was thinking specifically of Fedex, Dirk and WyverN. I realise that deciding who actually is arrogant is a subjective call, becuase both WyverN and Dirk have made comments on this thread to the effect that they themselves are not arrogant, when in fact I think that they (some of the times at least) are. What I was basing the claim of arrogance on is that they have, in the past, totally dismissed Hewitt as a player (or diminished his stature as a player to such an extent that it seems rediculous to me and outright disrespectful to Hewitt) whilst at the same time lauding Federer as being all-powerful and all-mighty. From my subjective opinion, that seems arrogant. Fedex, Wyvern and Dirk will no doubt say that its not arrogance and that its simply the way they see it and they are stating the truth as they interpret it. Its just that from my view point, their take on reality (in the context of Hewitt/Federer comparisons especially) is so unreasonable that it makes it look as though they are aren't basing their opinions on evidence and are merely being arrogant.

I don't mind if people have views that differ wildly from mine, that's what message boards are all about, getting a full spectrum of opinions, but when I percieve that someone's being arrogant, I'm going to call it that way. They can disagree if they wish.

Subjective..yeah...so my subjective view is that Fed has made all the so-called (by you and maybe some others) arrogance of his fans well grounded. No I'm not saying he won't lose. I'm saying that based on how he's playing now there's sure good reason to expect more from him and thus some extreme (to you) words from his fans.

Anyway your words above did make some sense...feels much better now...or else I'll label you as a rude and ignorant Fan Of Hewitt...