Santoro #1 ATP Doubles Player 2004 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Santoro #1 ATP Doubles Player 2004

Santorofan
03-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Anyone else notice the fact that Santoro is technically the undisputed #1 doubles player this year (the ATP unlike the WTA ranks by team, not individual player) - today winning his third-straight title and going undefeated in 2004 in all doubles matches. Also the fact that one of his three titles is the lone slam (Aussie Open) contested thus far, IMO pretty much seals the deal :bigclap:

Yup, it is still early in the season, but regardless, here's to a great start for the Magician!

Dirk
03-07-2004, 11:17 PM
I hope he wins RG and Open. I love Santoro. He is doing both double duty.

Chris Seahorse
03-07-2004, 11:24 PM
I like your taste in players. Fab is also my favorite player in the top 100 and Guga would be my favorite in the top 20. Actually come to think of it Federer would be my favorite player in the top 5 too.

Fabrice is a joy to watch and no one else plays remotely like him. He's now 32 years old and maybe a step slower than 2 or 3 years ago but his success in doubles shows he's lost none of his racquet skills and that is of course why he is so special. I would love to see him win Wimbledon and Roland Garros with Llodra, or heck with Bhupathi or anyone else he pairs up with.

Santorofan
03-08-2004, 04:49 AM
When they made Santoro, they broke they mold...he not only "thinks outside the box," he plays that way!

Best of luck Fabrice in 2004, the tennis public is truly not worthy of such spectacular sporting genious :worship:

CooCooCachoo
03-08-2004, 05:34 AM
Yup, it is still early in the season, but regardless, here's to a great start for the Magician!

I really love to watch Fabrice play, even though he is not one of my favourite players. I appreciate him most in doubles matches, favourable together with Arnaud Clément. What I like about him, in contrast with other top ranked doubles players, that he has a very broad game. When you watch him play, it's not a routine, such as with Mahesh, or Johnson, Knowles et cetera. Doubles matches are my favourite to watch and Fabrice definitely makes sure they remain my favourite ;)

Kristen
03-08-2004, 07:18 AM
Ok... I'm bjorkman girl...but I love fabrice. He features in my 'tennis book' but why OH WHY did he have to kick my beloved's ass! :P hehe congrats to him and Mahesh :)

¿esquímaux?
03-09-2004, 04:00 PM
perfect form ;)