Kristof in the Aussie Open - Jan. 15-28, 2007 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kristof in the Aussie Open - Jan. 15-28, 2007

12-08-2006, 06:34 AM
I hope Kris can get off to a good start in 2007. I would like to see him move up even more in the rankings :D

Nymeria
12-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know his schedule for 2007? :)

Doha
Auckland
Australian Open

Edit: I'm now reading an interview with Kristof (in Dutch) where he was asked where he'll play in 2007, and his answer was he will play the three named above, he doesn't know which other tournies he'll play

12-13-2006, 04:26 AM
Does anyone know his schedule for 2007? :)

Doha
Auckland
Australian Open

Edit: I'm now reading an interview with Kristof (in Dutch) where he was asked where he'll play in 2007, and his answer was he will play the three named above, he doesn't know which other tournies he'll play
That's as far as I know. And is my face red :o I forgot to put in the other Tournament threads :rolleyes:

Nymeria
12-13-2006, 10:24 AM
That's as far as I know. And is my face red :o I forgot to put in the other Tournament threads :rolleyes:

Is it necessary to have a thread for every tournament apart? I think such thread doesn't get a lot of posts, maybe it would be easier to have threads for parts of the season. For example, one for the Australian hardcourt season, and then one for the indoorseason/american hardcourt season, one for the claycourt season, and so on? :) I justw ould like to read others opinion. I usually like it when it's all together, as long as it's just a small forum. When the threads might become too big, we can still always change to seperate tournament threads

12-14-2006, 06:43 AM
Well I'll tell you two reasons why I like multiple threads. The first is true in any player's Forum. 1) It lets anyone that wants to read about one certain Tournament go directly to that Tournament's Thread. And 2) in a new Forum like Kristof's it makes the Forum look bigger. I would like as much going on in Kristof's Forum as possible because I don't want it to look or be inactive. It is just getting started so I certainly don't want it closed down :scared:

Nymeria
12-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Well I'll tell you two reasons why I like multiple threads. The first is true in any player's Forum. 1) It lets anyone that wants to read about one certain Tournament go directly to that Tournament's Thread. And 2) in a new Forum like Kristof's it makes the Forum look bigger. I would like as much going on in Kristof's Forum as possible because I don't want it to look or be inactive. It is just getting started so I certainly don't want it closed down :scared:

The last reason is exactly why I don't like it for specific tournies, you get too many threads.
And the forum doesn't look inactive as long as this chatthread grows so fast and in the meanwhile we post in cheering and picture threads.

A reason why I prefer to have just (part of) season threads, as long as threads are still small of course, is that I can put a link to them in my user cp, I dont'do that with many specific threads.

12-15-2006, 05:49 AM
I don't have a PC so I can't put a link to anything :sad: Well yes the chat thread is growing and I'm happy about that, but since it is a chat thread there is very little about Kristof in it.
I really need Kristof to do well this year to help with his Forum. But since he has more points to defend it won't be easy for him. And there is nothing I can do to help Kristof's tennis :sad: The Tournament Threads won't be long at all, if Kristof isn't winning.

Nymeria
12-15-2006, 09:14 AM
They don't take a forum away so easily, they also know that a forum often needs time to grow. Look for example at Stan Warinka's forum, it gets hardly any posts lately, but it still exists!

Then let's hope Kristof is winning, so we can post a lot in his tournamentthreads :yeah: have to say that I'm not that much of a tournamentthreadposter, but will try to do everything to help Kristof's forum. :yeah:

linus
12-15-2006, 05:12 PM
in fact, there is the similar problem in other forums i go around while in the end it has got done so i think after discussion, here also :)

here is not a hot forum obviously while it should be turning up naturally, so dont worry too much :hug: there willnot be many members to post here so if threads are too many, every one of them willnot own a long enough life :aplot: even we do want a thread each tournament, you can also set each up when it does be coming, cant you?! :hug:

for example, if now i am needed to leave posts, i will make all the same for every thread, it is not useful enough :p

Nymeria
12-15-2006, 07:15 PM
in fact, there is the similar problem in other forums i go around while in the end it has got done so i think after discussion, here also :)

here is not a hot forum obviously while it should be turning up naturally, so dont worry too much :hug: there willnot be many members to post here so if threads are too many, every one of them willnot own a long enough life :aplot: even we do want a thread each tournament, you can also set each up when it does be coming, cant you?! :hug:

for example, if now i am needed to leave posts, i will make all the same for every thread, it is not useful enough :p
I agree with those last words, I also doubt if it's useful to have all those seperated threads, as you get more quite useless posts as well.

But we can see how it goes best

12-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Well why don't we leave it up to Kristof's tennis? If he is going out early in Tournaments I don't see the need for a lot of Tournament Threads. But if Kristof is playing well and winning a lot of Matches I would like to have Threads on those Tournaments. And I hope Kristof will be doing a lot of winning, but right now we don't know what he is going to do :scared: And notice also that these threads are being looked at by people whether they post here or not. This Tournament is a month away and we already have people looking at the thread! We can try to help build up Kristof's fan base.

Nymeria
12-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Well why don't we leave it up to Kristof's tennis? If he is going out early in Tournaments I don't see the need for a lot of Tournament Threads. But if Kristof is playing well and winning a lot of Matches I would like to have Threads on those Tournaments. And I hope Kristof will be doing a lot of winning, but right now we don't know what he is going to do :scared: And notice also that these threads are being looked at by people whether they post here or not. This Tournament is a month away and we already have people looking at the thread! We can try to help build up Kristof's fan base.
I agree with that, we leave it up to Kristof's tennis and the number of posts in a thread :)

12-18-2006, 03:51 AM
Sounds good to me :D I may have put the "kiss of death" on Kristof now.
I can see him going out in the first round of the Tournaments :eek: :bigcry: I'm afraid I'm a bit of a jinx :sad:

Nymeria
12-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Please Mae don't think you are a jinx, you are a nice fan for players :) :hug:

12-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Please Mae don't think you are a jinx, you are a nice fan for players :) :hug:
That is so sweet of you to say :) :hug: But sometimes the way some of my favorites are playing, I sure feel like a jinx :sad: BTW I love your Avatar :lol:

Nymeria
12-19-2006, 07:52 AM
That is so sweet of you to say :) :hug: But sometimes the way some of my favorites are playing, I sure feel like a jinx :sad: BTW I love your Avatar :lol:

I don't believe in fans jinxing their players, a player is happy with every support they get! :) Maybe you just choose the wrong favorites. :p
When I had just become a Chiudi-fan he started to getw orse results and did get injured a few months later, and didn't play from wimbledon 2005 till february 2006. I felt a bit bad then as well, but when I see results now, it can't have been me, as i'm still a fan :p

thanks :) :hug: It's the christmascard I did send around last year, still have to scan the one of this year, which is quite the same but with 2 cows :p

12-19-2006, 08:26 PM
I think one of my problems is I have too many favorites :lol: And I can't wait to see this year Christmas Card as two cows are better than one any day :p

Nymeria
12-20-2006, 09:28 AM
I think one of my problems is I have too many favorites :lol: And I can't wait to see this year Christmas Card as two cows are better than one any day :p

:lol: maybe you should select a few you really cheer for then :p

Iwill see if I can scan it this weekend, but I am not sure, as I have to wait till I can log in at my fathers computer, and I am usually online with my laptop :)

12-21-2006, 05:37 AM
:lol: maybe you should select a few you really cheer for then :p

Iwill see if I can scan it this weekend, but I am not sure, as I have to wait till I can log in at my fathers computer, and I am usually online with my laptop :)
I started out with a few, but instead of keeping my list of favorites short it just took off :p The more players I saw and heard about the more players I liked :rolleyes:

Nymeria
01-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Kristof's part of AO draw. I don't like to see optional Nadal 2nd round

James Blake USA (5) vs. Carlos Moya ESP
Peter Luczak AUS (WC) vs. QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER vs. QUALIFIER
Robby Ginepri USA vs. Nicolas Almagro ESP (32)
Lleyton Hewitt AUS (19) vs. QUALIFIER
Frank Dancevic CAN vs. Victor Hanescu ROM
Juan Martin Del Potro ARG vs. Alessio Di Mauro ITA
Evgeny Korolev RUS vs. Fernando Gonzalez CHI (10)
Andy Murray GBR (15) vs. Alberto Martin ESP
Fernando Verdasco ESP vs. Paul-Henri Mathieu FRA
Juan Ignacio Chela ARG vs. Potito Starace ITA
Paul Goldstein USA vs. Jarkko Nieminen FIN (17)
Stanislas Wawrinka SUI (31) vs. Kevin Kim USA
Julien Benneteau FRA vs. QUALIFIER
Kristof Vliegen BEL vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber GER
Robert Kendrick USA vs. Rafael Nadal ESP (2)

Nymeria
01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
OOP For tomorrow:

Court 11 Start Time 11:00 AM
Women's Singles: Yulia Beygelzimer (UKR) vs. Laura Granville (USA)
followed by
Men's Singles: Kristof Vliegen (BEL) vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)

I won't be able to follow it, as it's at night my time (and it doesn't belong to the matches I wake up for :o) but I hope you guys can cheer Kristof to a win :yeah: C'mon fly :yeah:

Nymeria
01-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Due to heat the match did start later, he just won first set 7-5 :) :yeah: go fly :bounce:

Nymeria
01-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Nooo Kristof :( 7-5, 3-6, 2-6, 4-6