Where do you finish your forehand? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where do you finish your forehand?

lordmanji
12-07-2006, 08:47 AM
what grip and where?

i have a semiwestern and ive been finishing just below my shoulder. when i start a rally i have trouble clipping the net alot so today i started practicing with a finish over my shoulder and im liking the extra pace on my swing and topspin. :cool: :cool:

scarecrows
12-07-2006, 08:58 AM
oh dear lord

finish wherever you want, believe me it's the least important part of the forehand technique

and wrong forum, by the way

lordmanji
12-07-2006, 09:04 AM
oh dear lord

finish wherever you want, believe me it's the least important part of the forehand technique

and wrong forum, by the way

well id have to disagree with you. a higher finish imparts greater topspin on the ball. you can try it for yourself if youd like. and since the racket is travelling a greater distance than if you were to finish below your shoulder, it imparts more pace on the ball. this is just from experience.

and yes i know wrong forum but i figured this is the fastest way to get responses before the threads moved :devil:

scarecrows
12-07-2006, 11:28 AM
well id have to disagree with you. a higher finish imparts greater topspin on the ball. you can try it for yourself if youd like. and since the racket is travelling a greater distance than if you were to finish below your shoulder, it imparts more pace on the ball. this is just from experience.

and yes i know wrong forum but i figured this is the fastest way to get responses before the threads moved :devil:

why you ask if you know the answer yourself???

I'm a tennis coach BTW

zicofirol
12-07-2006, 04:40 PM

Actually it does not matter where you finish what determines topsin is how you hit through the ball, some hit alot of topsin and finish low, medium or high...

lordmanji
12-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Actually it does not matter where you finish what determines topsin is how you hit through the ball, some hit alot of topsin and finish low, medium or high...

ya i agree but usually the best indicator that youve hit high enough through the ball is a high finish.

i appreciate the conversation with you.

hey ive got a semi related question for you: when the pros start of their rallies during the warmup, it looks like theyre hitting with either a continental or eastern. i see some of them change their grips after starting off the rally. can you confirm?