Copa Vilas: 7,9, 10 December [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Copa Vilas: 7,9, 10 December

maria87
12-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi!!!
i am so happy because i have tickets to the opening season on Thursday 7

Chucho- Tursunov
Del Potro-Robredo

i will do a report and try to take pics!!

maria87
12-06-2006, 09:37 AM
It will be interesting to see how Chucho does playing Tursunov, just in case we have another Davis Cup Final Russia-ARgentina! Anyway, if this will be the case i think it will at home and on clay, right?

maria87
12-06-2006, 09:48 AM
i forgot to say Copa Vilas is hard indoor, think...i will try to veryfy.

maria87
12-06-2006, 09:54 AM
http://www.lunapark.com.ar/eventos/06-12-08_Tennis/images/Tenis_x7.gif

this is the court in Luna Park stadium.

We have a third match on the opening evening:
Del Potro-Calleri vs Robredo-Tursunov!

Action Jackson
12-06-2006, 10:12 AM
This is all in the News section and it's only an exho, nothing serious especially in relation to the result.

maria87
12-06-2006, 10:20 AM
ok, i will continue in News Section

maria87
12-07-2006, 05:59 PM
today is the big day...eventhough this is an exhibition as George remarked, i think it will be interesting...I mean, in the thread of JMDP nobody said it was so less important the event just because it is an exhibition...we have no points, right, but we could see some good tennis...this is my hope :) anyway, i will try to post pics

and i will try to go to Buenos Aires tournament, which is for points for sure :D

maria87
12-08-2006, 01:59 PM
hi everybody, i have to admit George was right about exhibitions! ;)

i have less to say because i experienced that the exhibitions are not as "real" tennis!!

Chucho played tired (maybe DC let him out of gas) and really bad...Tursunov with his serve blew him out! I don't like Tursunov's game, it is kind of ellectric...serve and bomb! that's all...i find his game and he himself what we call in Spanish "soso": without attraction, neither fun, it is not attractive to me to see him play
Chucho had some good point making his angles, but let the ball very short and Tursunov killed him

Unfortunatelly i couldn't see the match of Del Potro till the end..i was with my son and he felt sick and had to get home. I just saw the first set which he lost. Anyway he was playing more seriously, perhaps cause he is very young and needed experience. He faced Robredo in equal conditions and could see at least his wonderful backhand and some beautiful angles. He has to improve the shot with his forehand for sure. I think it is his weakness. But the backhand is superb, very beautiful to see it.

I couldn't do any pic too because we were too far away (and the tickets were so expensive! to be more close to the court.

I hope next time in Buenos Aires tournament i could see them live again in a real "tennis" and that will be better. Then i will try to be more close and take pics and everything!
I will see if my friend alexito could do any video and i will post it.

Choupi
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the report Maria. Sorry about your son being sick.

maria87
12-18-2006, 10:33 AM
oh choupi, i didn't see you post till now!

thanks a lot for your kindness :hug: my son got better during the night after sleep, it was just a moment thing, fortunatelly.

one word about exhibitions: i saw yesterday the Copa Argentina Final on Lawn Tennis Club on hard (a special court prepared for the event). Cañas won 6-2, 6-2 to Massu and it was an incredible good match: intense, high quality, well played. The score didn't show how much they fought for the points...I have to say Cañas is the only player i know that used a 15 months off courts to return even better than before. Congrats to him!! :worship: