Tournaments you are planning to go to? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tournaments you are planning to go to?

joeb_uk
03-06-2004, 05:43 PM
this year, where are all of you planning to go? which tournaments?

*Ljubica*
03-06-2004, 06:00 PM

Probably far too many joeb! At the moment I have the 3 weeks booked off from work to cover Monte Carlo, the first week of Roland Garros, and Paris Bercy. I'll also obviously be going to a couple of days at Wimbledon which is my local tournament, plus the last week-end of Basel in October. I have a few days tentatively booked for Hamburg too, although that will depend on whether David plays there or not. Oh, and I might also go to a few local Challengers and exhibitions just at week-ends in England - not sure about that yet though. Think that's enough to be going on with for now!

faboozadoo15
03-06-2004, 06:01 PM
toronto, cinci, uso...

and charleston, but that's wta ;)

faboozadoo15
03-06-2004, 06:02 PM
and maybe the french open, but thats so tentative i prolly shouldn't mention/jynx it.

MisterQ
03-06-2004, 06:04 PM
US Open! Bring on the rain!!! :woohoo: :umbrella: :rain:

I'm taking my hair dryer with me in case they need help with the courts.

CooCooCachoo
03-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Probably far too many joeb! At the moment I have the 3 weeks booked off from work to cover Monte Carlo, the first week of Roland Garros, and Paris Bercy. I'll also obviously be going to a couple of days at Wimbledon which is my local tournament, plus the last week-end of Basel in October. I have a few days tentatively booked for Hamburg too, although that will depend on whether David plays there or not. Oh, and I might also go to a few local Challengers and exhibitions just at week-ends in England - not sure about that yet though. Think that's enough to be going on with for now!

Wow, you really travel around the world, lol :)

I haven't got anything planned, but these are all options:

- ATP Challenger in Groningen
- ATP Challenger in Hilversum
- ATP Challenger in Scheveningen
- ATP Tournament of Amersfoort
- ATP and WTA Tournament of Rosmalen
- A few days of Wimbledon
- WTA Tournament of Eastbourne (blocking out Rosmalen)
- ATP Tournament of Halle

CooCooCachoo
03-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh and perhaps the Fed Cup final weekend (please let it be played in Belgium) and some Davis Cup matches..

Leo
03-06-2004, 06:11 PM
US Open.

And maybe the A&P Classic WTA exhibition event if it's up and running again this year (doubtful after its two-year absense). Good players and the Beach Boys, plus it's only 20 minutes away.

*Ljubica*
03-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Oh and perhaps the Fed Cup final weekend (please let it be played in Belgium) and some Davis Cup matches..

I wish CooCooCachoo! If you look at it, - none of those tournaments are really that far from my home, and very quick and easy to reach from London.

CooCooCachoo
03-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Well you still have to travel a lot! Basel.. Paris.. that is expensive. I know it's all quite near each other (for me too), but I don't have the money :(

*Ljubica*
03-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Well you still have to travel a lot! Basel.. Paris.. that is expensive. I know it's all quite near each other (for me too), but I don't have the money :(

I admit I couldn't either when I was still at school and University - but one of the only pleasures of joining the "world of work" is that you can earn good money if you're prepared to put in the hours and work hard, so I like to "treat" myself with as many tennis trips as I can manage, - wish I could do many, many more, but my boss won't give me any more time off!

MisterQ
03-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Ah, Rosie, I'm glad you are putting your money to good use! :yeah:

Someday I'm dying to go to Roland Garros. I have been to the U.K., Germany and Austria, but never to France. I can't think of a better way to experience Paris! But like CooCoo.. I will have to save some $$$$ first. :sad: ;)

CooCooCachoo
03-06-2004, 06:30 PM
LOL The stats are that there are 10 replies and 2 views.. Pretty amazing ;)

Aww MisterQ :P Well, I have some money, but not that much lol. Saving money for University next year and for my summer holiday (which may actually be a tournament in Britain :))..

*Ljubica*
03-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Ah, Rosie, I'm glad you are putting your money to good use! :yeah:

Someday I'm dying to go to Roland Garros. I have been to the U.K., Germany and Austria, but never to France. I can't think of a better way to experience Paris! But like CooCoo.. I will have to save some $$$$ first. :sad: ;)

Yes you must MisterQ - Paris is such a wonderful city - whether you go for history, architecture, shopping, great restaurants and nightlife - there really is something for everyone. And in my own opinion, RG is the BEST Grand Slam for atmosphere and comfort.

Fee
03-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Hmm, well I spent a week in San Jose already and I'm driving down for almost a week at Indian Wells. I'll try to spend a week in Los Angeles this summer. I'm also hoping to come to England for Wimbly, Queens and Notts, but that's a very slim possibility. And I'll probably go to whatever Futures and Challengers are in Northern California if my schedule permits it and I'm in the mood for the drive.

Sharon
03-06-2004, 08:33 PM
i'm planning on goin to tms cincy for a few days

michelleg
03-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Indian Wells (leaving in three days,) Miami, maybe a bit of Cincy, and Madrid or Paris in the fall, with leanings towards Madrid since Paris in November is a little frigid for my thin Florida blood.

Chloe le Bopper
03-06-2004, 10:57 PM
I'll likely go to Toronto for a few days, since the men will be there and the new park is all set up.

If I get a decent return on my income tax, I'll consider going to the USO again.

I might go to a futures if somebody I know plays in it again :p

Billabong
03-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Quebec City for sure (WTA) and Montreal I hope:)!

oasis04
03-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Queens in london and Paris TMS

Domino
03-07-2004, 08:33 AM
I have good seats for RG, but under several different people's names that I am going with. Player's only get privaleges for their family and coaches, and Mardy has enough people backing him up. His friends are not included. We feel so left out...heh. :)

CooCooCachoo
03-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Aww Domino :p

Action Jackson
03-07-2004, 08:39 AM
I am not sure this year I have already been to the Australian Open, though I could go to Vienna later this year, that depends on a few other factors.

Next year if I am alive will be hectic.

CooCooCachoo
03-07-2004, 08:52 AM
lol why wouldn't you be alive and why would it be hectic?

trixy
03-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Ohh I've already been to all the live tennis I'm going to see this year. I went to Syndey and to the Aus Open. If only Australia hadn't in the first round..then it would have been Aus vs Us in Sydney, I'm still bitter about that..I feel deprived!!

I want to go to all the European events particualry Roland Garros and Monte Carlo and hopefully I will be able to next yr. My parents promised if I go well in yr12, I get a europen holiday.

Action Jackson
03-07-2004, 09:15 AM
There will be some more things going on next year Martijn, hence hectic.

CooCooCachoo
03-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Fingers crossed Trixy.. it's a pity for Australians that the tennis season is through with so soon, but when it's started, it's started well :) Great tournaments there...

I have had my share of real life tennis too, with Rotterdam, but thankfully I will have more chances to see some action :)

Mrs. B
03-07-2004, 01:38 PM
hubby and i will be in Lausanne for the Swiss-France DC in April. if you see a strange looking woman dangling and waving a huge plastic Emmentaler cheese instead of the usual Swiss flag, that's me!

Gstaad & Basel, and Zurich, for the wta Swisscom Challenge.

would love to go to RG this year, even for 2 days during the 1st week...haven't been back to Paris in ages; been planning this trip since last year but timetable not favorable. :rolleyes:

Rosie, you're spending your hard earned £ quite well, my dear. :worship:

~EMiLiTA~
03-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Well I've already been to the Hopman Cup and Australian Open this year, but I'll also be going to Valencia, Barcelona, Roland Garros, Stuttgart and Bangkok...that's as much as I know at the moment!

Kiara
03-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Queens, Nottingham and Wimbledon , and TMS Monte Carlo if only for a day or two, I would love to go to RG but I have finals :(

*Ljubica*
03-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Queens, Nottingham and Wimbledon , and TMS Monte Carlo if only for a day or two, I would love to go to RG but I have finals :(

Well all the very best and good luck with the Finals then Kiara :) And if you see an English blonde in MC watching David's matches - then come and say hello! Of course I'll be at Wimbledon too, - but they'll be a hell of a lot of other blondes there too so it might be more difficult :p

bovenbuuf
03-07-2004, 03:31 PM
maybe than you have to change haircolor... LOL!

oxy
03-07-2004, 03:44 PM
the nearest i can go is AO or Bangkok....but both clashes with my working schedule....another would be the grasscourt tourneys (which isn't really my favourite surface)....if only an ATP tournament will return to my country!?!?!?!?!

Kiara
03-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Well all the very best and good luck with the Finals then Kiara :) And if you see an English blonde in MC watching David's matches - then come and say hello! Of course I'll be at Wimbledon too, - but they'll be a hell of a lot of other blondes there too so it might be more difficult :p

I havent finalised my plans but I'll be there for the qualies and hopefully will be able to catch some first round action, Ill be sure to look out for you, - a blonde at Nalbandian's matches, gotcha ;)

*Ljubica*
03-07-2004, 04:46 PM
maybe than you have to change haircolor... LOL!

But didn't you know that blondes are supposed to have more fun? :p

bovenbuuf
03-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Oh sorry forgot that :)

bovenbuuf
03-07-2004, 04:58 PM
... and when David wins there is than a lot of fun:)

CooCooCachoo
03-07-2004, 05:17 PM
But he won't win ;)

Chris Seahorse
03-08-2004, 02:37 AM
I will definately be going to Wimbledon and the qualifying in Roehampton. I will also catch one or two days at Queens. Hopefully i will make it down to Roland Garros for the 1st week too. But every year I always hope to also make it down to Barcalona and/or Monte Carlo but I`m never able to get the money together. I`d love to go to Umag and Sopot also.

Deboogle!.
03-08-2004, 02:38 AM
I just got back from Scottsdale. It was a blast!

Devotee
03-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Has anyone on this board attended all 4 grand slams (not necessarily
in the same year)?

lsy
03-08-2004, 06:56 AM
I am pretty sure this thread is created just to make people like me jealous... :mad:

Doris Loeffel
03-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Me too am going to DC in Lausanne for the Sui-Fra encounter.
Then I would like to go to Gstaad for the whole week. Basel for sure is an option too but it's still quite far away. Unfortunately I will have no monney left to go to out of country tournaments. And unfortunately there's no tournament held at the places I'm going to visit on my trip....

Mane
03-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Croatian Open in Umag

maratski
03-08-2004, 02:49 PM
I've been to Rotterdam, RG is out of the question this year :sad: and I might go to Rosmalen, but it might be at the same time as my graduation from college so nothing's certain yet.

maratski
03-08-2004, 02:49 PM
I might go to Monte Carlo in 2005 actually ;)

Shadow
03-08-2004, 02:51 PM
i plan to go to Hamburg, Rosmalen, one day at WTC Dusseldorf, and maybe RG, Paris Bercy.
but if it will happen is another question.

KarstenBraasch#1
03-08-2004, 02:55 PM
I will go to TMS Hamburg, a few days or the whole week.
And one or two days Berlin on the WTA.

CooCooCachoo
03-08-2004, 05:49 PM
LOL Knuddel.. sounds familiar.. all that planning ;)

Tricky_Forehand
03-08-2004, 10:01 PM

Not as many tournaments as I would like but probably the Calabasas Challenger in April (depends on if Alex is there but if Janko Tipsarevic and a few other guys enter I go for a few days but it truly depends on Alex Bogomolov for the most part). I'm definitely going to the tournament in Los Angeles in July (I go every day but Saturday) and then I'll go to the Challenger in Torrance in October.

Tricky_Forehand
03-08-2004, 10:08 PM
I am pretty sure this thread is created just to make people like me jealous... :mad:

Exactly ;)

*Marat BigFan*
03-08-2004, 10:12 PM
THAILAND OPEN!!!!

lsy
03-09-2004, 04:44 AM
Exactly ;)

ya, keep rubbing it in... :p

I'll be going to Thailand open and if Rogi wins in both RG and wimby, I'll be on the first flight out to NY in September ;)

Scotty5
03-09-2004, 07:02 AM
dropped in on San Jose, and going to Indian Wells for the first weekend. :cool:

Will try to see US Open (no rain Labor Day weekend!), to keep my new streak of 1 Grand Slam per year going (Roland Garros last year was wonderful: so elegant, so French)
:kiss:
And I'd like to go to Houston and see some of the early RR matches ... I hear it's the only time of year to visit there, and it's right after a tournament I can play in. :umbrella:

Devotee
03-10-2004, 04:10 AM
I'd like to go to Houston and see some of the early RR matches ... I hear it's the only time of year to visit there

April is also a great time to visit Houston. The weather is very
pleasant during April and 2 tournaments, the U.S. Men's Clay Court
and the River Oaks International (also on clay), both take place
in April each year.

Smankyou
03-10-2004, 05:40 AM
I've done the Sydney thing already... and *fingers crossed* for Bangkok.

I would love to go to RG.

Chloe le Bopper
03-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Just the thought of the USO on labour day weekend is enough to send me home on the bus on THursday :p

CooCooCachoo
03-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Has anyone here been to Eastbourne or Halle? What are your experiences?

joeb_uk
03-10-2004, 07:37 PM
i hope to see u there coocy :D

Kiara
03-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Croatian Open in Umag

oh lucky you, that is supossed to be the most beautiful venue

donna1985
03-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Well, I live in California, and currently going to school and looking for a job. So, I hope to god one day I can save money and go somewhere, anywhere, just to see either Gaudio, or Nalbandian, or some other hot S. American cat.

I'm thinking of just attending the less prestigious tournaments, and the not so marquee matches, I think you get better seats at less prices, and it seems more intimate.

Anyone can give me information on such?

Tricky_Forehand
03-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Well, I live in California, and currently going to school and looking for a job. So, I hope to god one day I can save money and go somewhere, anywhere, just to see either Gaudio, or Nalbandian, or some other hot S. American cat.

I'm thinking of just attending the less prestigious tournaments, and the not so marquee matches, I think you get better seats at less prices, and it seems more intimate.

Anyone can give me information on such?

I don't know where you live in California but there is the Mercedes-Benz Cup in Los Angeles in July at UCLA. i've gone every year since 2001 and it's awesome. The ticket you purchase will allow you to see all matches considering that there are only two courts that see play. The stadium court and the grandstand court. Plus there is one practice court where you get to see some guys practice if they don't go up the hill to other courts. I won't tell you what I spend for an entire week :rolleyes: but a daily ticket is $30, I believe.

donna1985
03-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Thanks Tennis724, do you know who will be competing?

Tricky_Forehand
03-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Thanks Tennis724, do you know who will be competing?

Most entries are early entries so no guarantee but David Nalbandian, Guga, Lleyton, Marat. That's so far. I think the website is www.mercedes-benzcup.com

joeb_uk
05-22-2004, 05:27 PM
ok, since i have some tickets now. this is where im going:
Roland Garros - Mens Semis + Womens Final
Eastbourne - Weekly Ticket, Including Qualies
Wimby - thursday, 1st week (centre court)

tennisathlete
05-22-2004, 10:10 PM

Just the Honda Challenge in December probably.

YoursTruly
05-23-2004, 04:41 AM
For sure this year I'm planning to go to the Masters Tennis Series Toronto this summer. It's just down the road from where I live!!! I go every year anyway (one year it's the men, next is women, you get the picture) which is the most realistic tournament I could attend....FOR THE MOMENT! LOL.
I've been close to attending the MTS in Montreal and US Open in New York several times, but I guess not right now :( One day I will finally attend those and all grand slams, I feel it in my heart!
And this year at Toronto is much more special because it's the debut of the new tennis centre (Rexall Centre) at the York University. :bigclap:

PinkFeatherBoa
05-23-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm going to:

-Queens
-Wimbledon-1st Monday and Mens Finals day (and possibly the qualies)

That's all so far though I might go to Eastbourne.

Scarlett
05-23-2004, 05:18 PM
nottingham :)
i would love to go to umag as i am going on holiday to croatia with my friend but i don't think i will make it as
a) she hates tennis
and
b) we have enough trouble when we go travelling around britain what with getting lost, we would never make it to umag, we would get so lost, especially as neither of us speak the langauage, despite the fact that her mum is from croatia!

sarah
xx

Horatio Caine
05-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey I'm going to Nottingham too!!! :woohoo: I've got tickets for the singles and doubles finals and i have tickets to the first monday of Wimbledon - my first time!! I just hope the rain stays away for that 3 day period!! Lol.